Tantardion...Where?

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Been all round the spiders east of Twin, can't see em being round Atlas or I'd have seen 'em before, surely... so that's the Oracle of Zeja map done for clues.... where can I find me some slow-cows? Wanna Adj Ravenger for the FoF!!!!

All suggestions brutally acted upon.

Go from atlas haven to the west.. Sometimes they are there. Been there for ages. But only a few. Sometimes only 1 :(

They are in the field of those small lil spider thingies you could tramples to death if MA would allow it. Forgot their names.

Hurrikane said:
Been all round the spiders east of Twin, can't see em being round Atlas or I'd have seen 'em before, surely... so that's the Oracle of Zeja map done for clues.... where can I find me some slow-cows? Wanna Adj Ravenger for the FoF!!!!

If I were U I wouldn't expect ever to loot an adj item anymore, it happens like once every 3-12 mths that 1 drops :D (including ALL adj items know)

Tom thebuzz Chr said:
If I were U I wouldn't expect ever to loot an adj item anymore, it happens like once every 3-12 mths that 1 drops :D (including ALL adj items know)

Can't win it if I don't try lol

True - I had the same idea when I was hunting darn feffoids in feffoid alley for like 2-3 months in a row chasing down an mod-fap... I never got it, but boy did I carry a lot of beds. At one day it was 4 doublebeds in a day... :eek: And ofcourse NO mod fap...

MINDARK GIVE ME MY MODFAP - I DESERVED IT :)

Squee said:
Go from atlas haven to the west.. Sometimes they are there. Been there for ages. But only a few. Sometimes only 1 :(

They are in the field of those small lil spider thingies you could tramples to death if MA would allow it. Forgot their names.

West and South of Atlas Haven, or a bit North and East of Atlas South. Just watch for the swarms of Tantillions. And yeah, I've only ever seen one there at a time.

sorry but they didnt even drop adj mini sweepers... they dropped regular mini sweepers v1.
And no one has got a mini sweeper of those for over 2 years

Probably becuase noone ever hunts them, and that's probably due to the fact that the spawn for them is absolutely pathetic! Like 1-3 at any one time.

And the detail about them being near the spiders south east of Twin, pfft, I've never seen them there. Only Tantillions, maybe someone was thinking about those and not Tantardians?

AkiranBlade said:
And the detail about them being near the spiders south east of Twin, pfft, I've never seen them there. Only Tantillions, maybe someone was thinking about those and not Tantardians?
Ive seen one there (only 1), but that was many moons ago and i was only just out of OJ's at that point. Can remember it clearly as i shot for a while, then ran until it was on the edge of my range, then back to shooting it again. I nearly had the bugger too, but failed to notice the hissing noise was getting louder... you can guess what happend next lol :eek:

lol, Well, if someone if game for lending me their full supremacy then I'll go check the area out for them and see if they are there....

... I wish.

Billiac said:
West and South of Atlas Haven, or a bit North and East of Atlas South. Just watch for the swarms of Tantillions. And yeah, I've only ever seen one there at a time.

There were times that ive seen 3 at the same time in my screen overthere. But your correct. Most of the times its just one.

in the centre of the triangle formed by tethys, atlas island south and atlas haven there are some in amongst the tantardions.

where squee said in fact. I was hunting them 3 weeks ago so they were there recently

AkiranBlade said:
Probably becuase noone ever hunts them, and that's probably due to the fact that the spawn for them is absolutely pathetic! Like 1-3 at any one time.

Not true :silly2:

I hunt there for tantilions and my main problem is the Tntardions that spawn in range... having 10-15 tantilions up to Alpha and a nice Tantardion Provider it's deadly combination! :laugh:

The maturity there is young-guardian ,and in fact there was a guy 2 days agothere taht cleared ALL the tants and waiting the spawning of tantards....

Here is my post about that day hunting Tantilions and Tantardions

Thanks for the info. Are the coords on wiki absolutely correct then? The ones on wiki point directly at the Spider spawn.

Nope Akiran ...

There is that outpost under the plateau, E of T.Peaks.

You just need to climb up the SE ramp and run few seconds....

You are there, and they are there.. maybe few ,but they allways respawn in a small range ,almost in Radar everytime.

Have Fun, hope that helps :)

levithanikos said:
Nope Akiran ...

There is that outpost under the plateau, E of T.Peaks.

You just need to climb up the SE ramp and run few seconds....

You are there, and they are there.. maybe few ,but they allways respawn in a small range ,almost in Radar everytime.

Have Fun, hope that helps :)

jep, saw one too there few weeks ago

Well, went out looking.... surprise result was that an Old was sat/stood (hard to tell) EXACTLY on the co-ords PE-Wiki gave for the Atlas spawn. (11448, 15397) Exactly!. As was suggested, only 3 at a time at most, but these were swiftly replaced... for a short while.
It seems you can kill about 12 then have to wait/wander/hack up some Daiks until they decide to return. One in three was an old, the rest youngs.

Killed about 20-25, best loot was 3.96 PED, did far better from the one-hit turtles (tantillions+thorifoid battle mace= hahahahaha have that you b@st@rds)... but in the end, went Snarging west of Tethys with much better hunting atmosphere. Might go back to 'em but they don't do much, do they? :laugh:

Thanks to all for the help.

Well they must be looting somewhere, I have just seen 3 globals on them in the past hour, 2 by the same team, and one other...

They are still there but they fight back now (not an big problem) , The crabs are harder to clear if that is still possible ( an little problem).

The old method to clear them was to do an suicide run, you need to be pretty strong or h ave good armor for this. Gather all the crabs you can handle and drag them south then die. Come back and repeat this if needed. When area is clear you can hunt free of crabs all day!

Key things is the crabs cant die or they will spawn back by the mobs you want to hunt, so don’t drown them! Or let them get killed by spiders that are south of you!

When you get to an good spot you die, this will make them stay in that area!

Well this was the old method!

The Big problem is they just don’t spawn like they used too.
Used to kill one then the next one would spawn ... Used to be like kill one in the north run south to the next one, then run north again. Now they are slow to spawn and can spawn in many different areas :(

Trust me if they where still good to hunt, then you would have all the vets with IMK2 and Mod 117 hunting them 24 / 7 like they used too!

PS:

could have been west / east spawn keep forgetting ........

Was very funny at the time run back and forth all day long! But very nice peds from them alot of 20 / 30 peds not bad for an mob that did not fight back and at least 10 Globals an day from them... :)

An good friend of mine used to make 1k to 3 k ped profits an day from that spawn........... so that is why MA nerfed them!

The main spawn if you can call it that is far east of Twins...

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I circled the area in pink, roughly the area!

There are two spawns Guardians and olds, if you go that way the Guardians are known for better loots!

Last edited:
Hurrikane said:

Ok this one I kinda forgot myself so bear that in mind... Been ages since Merdian from Caldoria talked me into skilling on them!

Try these two areas, if you see crabs that an good sign!

Pink & blue circles lol

I can confirm they do still exist east of Twin Peaks. I saw one there maybe about a month ago, it was a bit north of the spiders amongst about 300 tantillions. Think it was a provider. Was very slow so was pretty much dead before it got to me, loot i think was just under 5ped no items. Only one I ever saw.

I was just out hunting W of Atlas. Found quite a few of them, ranging from Young to Old. Got a 15 pedder, a 9 pedder and got involved in a tantillion orgy. Spawn was OK. Better than usual, as after killing one, I generally saw 2 or 3 others to take down. After the 9 pedder, it went downhill fast...4 tants with no loot...decided to leave then....

Let me just say, the 'Remove the Tantillion' tactic works a treat ;)

Yeah tantillions are a hassle in that area.

pfff what a nostalgic feeling i have now, its so long ago i used to mph skill on those critters........ Anda liked them alot better then amrax. and that means something :)...

geee, i really start feeling sad now about alot of nice people that have left and nice things that have dissappeared.

CycoKick said:
pfff what a nostalgic feeling i have now, its so long ago i used to mph skill on those critters........ Anda liked them alot better then amrax. and that means something :)...

geee, i really start feeling sad now about alot of nice people that have left and nice things that have dissappeared.

The good old days ;)

Anda was the one to show me how to hunt there; saw her not to long ago she gave up hunting and was into other things and we talked for at least an hour ! Does not log onto much now, in fact hardly ever :(

Im not saying the days now are bad, there different,
Concept changed a bit i recon, and so did the playerbase as a immediate result of that. But Hey, sure theres nice stuff to come up :)

Back