Interplanetary wormholes (only if not carrying lootables)

Ireland (or in game usually on calypso or foma )
Society
Mental Institution
The mental Bull
Why not allow interplanetary wormholes but make them appear as a different colour like pink. And if you are holding any lootables you may not enter a pink wormhole. Also upon entry you get a request to pay the relevant planet entry fees of 2ped.
That would mean loot would still have to pass through space but wormhole chips could make travel easier.

I disagree with OP. If you do that then you might as well just remove space and make a TP between planets.

Fact is space is a PVP zone and if you can't deal with it then don't go in space or hire a taxi with a fast ship.

No need to shit on the taxi service providers and pirates.

I agree the Wormhole chip needs an update. It was very useful before vehicles and space, but it should have more applications now. Ie it should have the ability wormhole to any planet at a certain Biotropic level. There should no longer be a requirement to have someone at the other end. Also the flat surface issue needs eliminating.
I have asked Kim many times to address it, he does not respond to my queries.

I agree the Wormhole chip needs an update. It was very useful before vehicles and space, but it should have more applications now. Ie it should have the ability wormhole to any planet at a certain Biotropic level. There should no longer be a requirement to have someone at the other end. Also the flat surface issue needs eliminating.

I like the idea of putting destinations as unlocks. Perhaps have different destinations unlock at different levels. This would give some motivation towards actually skilling up and keeping the skills, too.

lol... It was never really very useful. I agree that the requirement to have someone at the other end to connect to in order to establish a connection was a stupid idea that made it useless. The only time it got sort of useful was to go from calypso to cp or cnd, then MA put the kabosh on that and it pretty much fucked anyone that had one and wanted to use it for that purpose.

Change it to a tp like interface where I can select any point on any map without having to have someone standing there already waiting for the call and be able to open the wormhole to get there by myself or with a privileged group/team that I designate and then we're on our way to having something useful.

A long time ago someone got a nice ban for wormholing people off Calypso, I very much doubt they would implement this now.

Last edited by a moderator:
/mod note/ I've closed the dormant thread that the OP necro'd and moved the posts relevant to the amended topic to this new thread.

:topic:

Back