Merry Mayhem Complaint

Barbylicious

Young
Society
Craft Hunt Mine Repeat
Barby Barbylicious Berry
This would have been my first time participating in a Merry Mayhem event but unfortunately even the Solo 1 instance is set up for people with big PED cards. I only have Pixie Armor and the cheapest armor plates are around 500 ped that may have allowed me to do the instance but then the ammo cost alone to kill those high health mobs would have broke my ped card.

Why couldn't you have made the Solo 1 instance for new players or players who can't afford expensive armor or armor plates? You left out a huge portion of your player base with this event and I find it very upsetting.

I don't need any replies of sarcasm or reasoning either. This post is for the devs to read and know how I feel and for others to voice their opinion, not to flame me for being upset.

Last edited:
First of all welcome to the game :)

and I understand your frustration as I experienced something similar on my first MM ... sadly this event - in its solo mode - is not really meant for low setups or small PED cards ... you can of course try, but chances to be dissappointed and run at a loss are quite high ... maybe your mentor should have explained you about MM :confused:

The point you make however is a valid one ... MA and PPs lately tried to (or so they claim) do quite a lot for the new players ... why not having a "noob MM" category ? :cool: ... might be nice and increase the number of players who stick to this game in the long run ...

Solo Cat 1 has always been the most unfair one and not because of mob HP. Every time there somehow appeared a few people who had 90-100 dps weapons and shadow armor. Probably very enthusiastic new players who decided to invest 20k $ into a game that they just started playing.

You can open up any MM Cat 1 winner list and there's always the same winner, plus some people in 2nd and 3rd place who have no globals prior to the event. Strange how someone didn't pass lvl 25 in skill in 5 years. And you can count their points * mob HP and it equals around 100 dps.

So on one hand, newbies have always been a bit...cheated on the event. But on the other hand, now some players don't have the possibility for their cousin, mom and pet cat to win 1st place in Cat 1, 1st place in Cat 2 and 1st place in Cat 3 at the same time.

Reactions: ZPF
Btw if you have the skills for an Isis Project Zero Three (L) you could do quite good around there on MM Kerbs. They have only 400 hp, and adjusted pixie gives enough protection againts them. Ofc you won't win the event with that setup, but if you are lukcy you can turn breakeven if you reach the bonus levels and get some universal ammo.

Solo Cat 1 has always been the most unfair one and not because of mob HP. Every time there somehow appeared a few people who had 90-100 dps weapons and shadow armor. Probably very enthusiastic new players who decided to invest 20k $ into a game that they just started playing.

You can open up any MM Cat 1 winner list and there's always the same winner, plus some people in 2nd and 3rd place who have no globals prior to the event. Strange how someone didn't pass lvl 25 in skill in 5 years. And you can count their points * mob HP and it equals around 100 dps.

So on one hand, newbies have always been a bit...cheated on the event. But on the other hand, now some players don't have the possibility for their cousin, mom and pet cat to win 1st place in Cat 1, 1st place in Cat 2 and 1st place in Cat 3 at the same time.

This! :yay:

I'm very happy with MA's choice.

Well, the Mayhem events are Pay To Win events. It is a bonus event for the already well geared and highly skilled.

This! :yay:

I'm very happy with MA's choice.

I'm not so. It's right that on lower categories ppl couldn't have a chance againts smurfs, but they could reach place 3-5 which migt be just enought to make some profit. Now all we have is ammo bonuses, because players grinding in higher lvl instances will have more points. 10 of the 15 'winners' will be in huge loos I think. Seriously, how could that 500 peds of universal ammo help if you played in cat5 and lost like 10k to reach that place? And those who won't be in the first 15 totally rely on TT return and ammo bonuses.

Ok, so the solo instances are not worth doing unless you have serious DPS. However, the FFA stars have value regardless of whether you win. Just try FFA1 Kerberos with a small team of people you can trust. You can still have fun at it.

I'm not so. It's right that on lower categories ppl couldn't have a chance againts smurfs, but they could reach place 3-5 which migt be just enought to make some profit. Now all we have is ammo bonuses, because players grinding in higher lvl instances will have more points. 10 of the 15 'winners' will be in huge loos I think. Seriously, how could that 500 peds of universal ammo help if you played in cat5 and lost like 10k to reach that place? And those who won't be in the first 15 totally rely on TT return and ammo bonuses.

There are enough top players with "extra" accounts to almost obliterate the chances of any "new player" winning anything. At least this way the cheaters don't get extra PED in their pocket.

Btw if you have the skills for an Isis Project Zero Three (L) you could do quite good around there on MM Kerbs. They have only 400 hp, and adjusted pixie gives enough protection againts them.

yes for adj pixie, easy, no need plate.
but with zero three (with beast) you will have to wait for respawn with such dps (at least on kerb), over powered tho.

the ELM knif (castorian pioneer 6 bla bla) can do the job

and zero three for yulebot maybe
edit : and some plate ! :D

Just wanted to add one thing.

It wasn't even the fact of competing really. I know I don't have the peds to really compete. My main reason for being upset is the simple fact that I just feel like there isn't an event for the little guy to do for Xmas. We were completely left out in the cold. Just having a Merry Mayhem or something special for the little guys that may have given us a chance at a special loot drop would have gone a really long way in my book.

I remember the Halloween instances and it seemed there was something for everyone.

Do what others have said...form a team and grind FFA1 for points....get lucky and loot a 5k pointer? You just won over 1k ped.

This event IS for everyone.

You actually have a better chance than in previous years with thiis set up

Or you could do things like visit the ashi oil rig because most higher players are too busy for the rig

Or try your luck mining in pvp for the same reason

But I think you should just get over it, MA has done so much for the new players in the last 2 years or so, I'm actually impressed and after all this is a high level high ped burn event always had been and always will be

Most big events are designed this way, it's a nice way for MA to build up the cash reserves for the following year.

Besides if they made an event for the low end players, of which I count myself as one by personal choice, you'd have the big players competing in both and winning both. The only way to have a event for low end is to limit armour and weapon choices with low end mobs which for MA would be a bad thing as it doesn't encourage people to deposit like mad and spend to win.

I came to that conclusion after the first MM and I've chosen not to compete or deposit for any EU event. I like a challenge but competing to the one with the biggest ped card isn't one I want to compete in.

Last edited:
The newer events and tons of new player activities added since I started are nice.

But MM has always been the "showcase" hunting event for EU, and unquestionably a big spender/uber player event.

5 years and I've never even entered an MM instance lol.

This time I'm thinking about buying an ammo pack and hunting some kerbs, I'd say this is the most interesting format yet to encourage small/cheap/new players to get involved. At least you can work towards the ammo bonus, and if necessary just try and sell any stars near the end.

Back