PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: What weapon would you suggest to a new player ?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ranged

40 63.49%
  • Melee

17 26.98%
  • Mind force chip

4 6.35%
  • Support

2 3.17%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images

What type of weapon would you suggest to a new player ?

I am just wondering as I see a few people using melee and mind force chips. I look at what the best players use and it seems that they are using ranged weapons so I would think that would be the best choice. I think one of the biggest reason is the number of choices that one has in ranged weapons is the overwhelming factor. I don't mind someone disagreeing with me but if you do please state your reasoning as there may be things that I have not considered and could sway my suggestion to a new player when asked. BTW I just put in the support choice so I don't have to answer why I did not put it in.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Sylva Kyra Minor
    Society
    Benevolence
    Unfortunately, I would like to say melee for the benefits. But as a new player the 9ped and up for tt weapons is probably too steep for a new player. But if that player does the mission for the bukins blade that's a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately, I would like to say melee for the benefits. But as a new player the 9ped and up for tt weapons is probably too steep for a new player. But if that player does the mission for the bukins blade that's a good start.
    there is no mission for bukins blade anymore. its now bukins rifle.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Charley Moondog 1969
    Society
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Images
    I agree, I would love to say melee or even MF but realistically these should not be started until the new player has at least reached lvl 20 in a ranged weapon. That being said my main profession is Laser Pistol but I spent a couple of years skilling melee part time and have been skilling MF on the side for the last few months. Good thing with Melee and MF is that UL SiB weapons are very reasonable compared to their ranged counterparts
    If it killed you
    It isn't because you have the wrong armour,
    you just need a bigger gun

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Best weapon is a debit card...

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Sylva Kyra Minor
    Society
    Benevolence
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    Best weapon is a debit card...
    Whats the efficiency rating on that.dps on mine is a negative balance.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Aj the-unknown Henry
    Society
    Perseus Society
    Images
    On the long term, if you targetting unl weapons, melee weapons tend to have lower mu compared to comparable dps guns.

But with current loot being mostly shrap, you have to consider that you get a "1% bonus ammo" that melee users don't get. Over time that shrap 1% can add up as well.

I switched mostly to melee about a year ago. Will I do that knowing how most loot is shrap now? I don't know.

Would have prefered another option - Up to play style / long term plans, so not voting.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mutant Atrax Stalker
    Society
    Guess Who Academy
    Images
    Yeah, three of these 4 categories are 'ranged' damage. I didn't vote.

Laser and BLP (assuming this is what you mean with the ranged option) have their different strengths and weaknesses vs one another as well. I always talk to someone for a bit about what they like/plan to do in game before i would recommend gear. Sniper/pistol is an important choice too.

For those unsure or whose highest priority is long term cost laser sniper is the safest recommendation IMO since it's the most common/popular and so will be easiest to find, offer the most variety of configuration options, and most of all likely to continue offering the more affordable range of gear in game at equivalent DPP/DPS.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    There is one thing that melee is good for that I forgot about, skilling strength in the beginning. I was able to jump like 5 or 6 levels in health because you get one health point for 20 strength points. After the 5 or 6 health points the increase when down quick and I went back to ranged.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrax View Post
    Yeah, three of these 4 categories are 'ranged' damage. I didn't vote.

Laser and BLP (assuming this is what you mean with the ranged option) have their different strengths and weaknesses vs one another as well. I always talk to someone for a bit about what they like/plan to do in game before i would recommend gear. Sniper/pistol is an important choice too.

For those unsure or whose highest priority is long term cost laser sniper is the safest recommendation IMO since it's the most common/popular and so will be easiest to find, offer the most variety of configuration options, and most of all likely to continue offering the more affordable range of gear in game at equivalent DPP/DPS.
    Not sure what you mean as far as I know those four were the only categories available unless you know of more.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast