Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13 ... LastLast
    Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    Never had a problem with the graphics in a game, I remember i went to Murka's internet cafe here in Bucharest back in 2005-2006 and entire room was laughing how bad Entropia was looking.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh ffs! Just look at those before/after shots, especially the bar. Unless MA have got them the wrong way around, what IS the point? The bar has a long bluiesh window which simply becomes as black as the bar interior. How utterly stupid...
    Another major waste of time and money (and losing XP players maybe?)? Not impressed....

Edit: Maybe framerates will be improved for approximately the same quality levels, assuming we still have control over what 'qualities' we can afford to view... but my expectations are low...
    I was thinking with the second pics the bar looks better before!

Fingers crossed it all works out well
    /join #space_travel 4000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    yes, yes, yes so y'all are the hottest skill'in team in the universe....
    EU Discord 1400+ members https://discord.gg/wjBh75B

Elite
    Helene Helena Fra
    Society
    BAHQ
    Images
    i dont even know if i prefer the before or the after
    keep ading no real content to the game Ma

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    I think you may need to turn down your brightness for the "after" pics.

Mainly what I'm hoping for is certain textures not bringing a high end graphics card to it's knees. Been really annoyed by that for at least a decade.
    Xen Shop ☯ Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Helmet (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    Oh ffs! Just look at those before/after shots, especially the bar. Unless MA have got them the wrong way around, what IS the point? The bar has a long bluiesh window which simply becomes as black as the bar interior. How utterly stupid...
    Another major waste of time and money (and losing XP players maybe?)? Not impressed....

I agree, the new bar scene doesn't look very good. PBR has very different BRDF inputs and is only as good as your textures and lighting, both of which are pretty bad in this game. I'm not sure what this release will entail, but based on MA's history my guess is that this is just an initial port to the new engine and basically switching to physically based shading without fully revamping the textures, materials, and lighting to fit with the new shading model. Hopefully I'm wrong, but considering such an undertaking would have likely had to have been in the works for years now, I doubt it. They likely just ran the existing textures through an automated conversion. The result is going to be that mostly this will initially make a lot of the game look perceptibly worse to most people. PBR is fantastic in the right hands though, and moving forward hopefully MA has resources allocated to take this where it could go.

As for abandoning XP, considering it was EOL almost 5 years ago, I don't really see anything wrong with it. Most companies cutoff XP support the same day Microsoft did.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Time to buy flashlights as all estates will likely be dark as hell

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Danny Finnigan Fitzpatrick
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    I don't understand it .. People are complaining that EU is on Cryengine 2 with old DX version but also complain they can't run it on XP anymore ??? XP ?? seriously ?? (I admit it was a good version but still) ... and as to not being able to run on an old pc .. How old are the pc's you run it on anyway ?? My basic system is like 10 years old but I keep it upgraded every couple of years and so I can run EU at all the highest settings without problems .. But then I am a gamer and like playing demanding games. Perhaps this is not true for the casual player ?
    And after this comment and the new version arrives ... I will be having problems because the people I targeted with my comment will have jinxed me LOL !!!
    Showing emotions is a way to hide our true feelings

Elite
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Photonic Edge
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    Additional note:

As this render engine upgrade uses DirectX 11 that is only compatible with Windows Vista and later it will not be possible to start Entropia Universe on Windows XP after this release. Mindark kindly asks any players that still uses Windows XP to upgrade their computers to a DirectX 11 compatible version of Windows.
    Usually this note would have caused more outrage by now. We're on page 3 of this thread folks, what gives? Where is the complainer chorus? Oh! That's right ... XP users were fooked by WannaCry and have gone the way of the Dodo.
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_photon_signatur.jpg

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sir Azzah Neu
    Society
    Payn-Inc.
    Images
    Selling 1080 TI graphics cards @ boxes

ILBE DCINSIDE MASTER
    Society
    ♥BlackPink2.0♥

wondering

i figured out one thing about 'Graphics Advanced'

just put all thing Low(don't Safe mode ) and put Shading Quality to High,V-high(high is good enough)

yw and thx for the great update

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13 ... LastLast