Images
    Account Created 2004-07-31

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everything is supposed to be Codex by this fall (one year from implementation on Calypso). Better to get the Codex on other planets now so we can finish missions while getting skill rewards from two systems instead of one.
    Think you are missing the point. If every planet and every mob has the same boring codex reward. Please tell me the reason to do it? (There is none) If they remove every interesting mission in the game what is the incentive to keep playing? (Again there is none)

Most players play this game or any MMO for an adventure!! The Codex system is the most boring mission system ever implemented into an MMO and if you want to kill off this MMO then tada.... you did it MA. Sorry but the Codex is in the early stages at best and needs a complete rework on mission rewards. There needs to be actual thought put into the mission system not some boring pop up for every mob in game with the same boring predictable rewards.

Finding an NPC or mission and being the first to discover the rewards is an element that is exciting in an MMO. Unique mission rewards is the reason we travel to other planets. If every mob is the same there is no point anymore.

Codex was a nice thought to satisfy some people that wanted it for team hunting, but the negatives far outweigh the positives for an MMO. Lets Make Entropia Exciting Again!! That will be by having an adventure that starts at an NPC.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 49 Resource Gatherer - 5,578 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,486 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 5,043 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Black Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    Think you are missing the point. If every planet and every mob has the same boring codex reward. Please tell me the reason to do it? (There is none) If they remove every interesting mission in the game what is the incentive to keep playing? (Again there is none)

Most players play this game or any MMO for an adventure!! The Codex system is the most boring mission system ever implemented into an MMO and if you want to kill off this MMO then tada.... you did it MA. Sorry but the Codex is in the early stages at best and needs a complete rework on mission rewards. There needs to be actual thought put into the mission system not some boring pop up for every mob in game with the same boring predictable rewards.

Finding an NPC or mission and being the first to discover the rewards is an element that is exciting in an MMO. Unique mission rewards is the reason we travel to other planets. If every mob is the same there is no point anymore.

Codex was a nice thought to satisfy some people that wanted it for team hunting, but the negatives far outweigh the positives for an MMO. Lets Make Entropia Exciting Again!!
    You got a point there, but i guess codex is mainly iron mission replacement to keep these balanced throughout the universe - there can still be other mission types which can have unique rewards on a case by case base.

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ealien View Post
    Big ouch indeed such a shame.... real shame..... Fun missions will be missed across the Universe.

Wish I started this game a few years earlier so I could of enjoyed them all more. This will suck for new players.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 49 Resource Gatherer - 5,578 RG Skill points

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Wow... 1.2 GB for Calypso, wasn't expecting that...

thought this was a PP VU...?
    Complete Armor Guide <--- Find out everything there is to know about Armor
    My Armor Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop
    Rent an Armor set: Legends' Unlimited Armor Rentals

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Wilburforce ColonelBuckshot Buckshot
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    yeah really surprised by the big calypso update? and see over 500mb for arkadia too.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    XXX ViP WARP
    Images
    Big ouch indeed such a shame.... real shame..... Fun missions will be missed across the Universe.

Wish I started this game a few years earlier so I could of enjoyed them all more. This will suck for new players.
    ummm I think your perception of what new players will enjoy is skewed.. old system was retarded, long ass boring, far too solo and super confusing to even find the missions most of the time.

I welcome CODEX and the big red msg on screen to tell me when shit is broken whole heartedly!!

Mike KingMike007 Hussey
    Society
    AoC 2.0
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruto Rat View Post
    - Boss, some of our users are complaining that Medium Potted Cactus should not be glowing like that!
    - Oh well, I don't know... let's just repack all the textures and hope it goes away.
    lol calypso update sizes confirms it

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mspatterson View Post
    ummm I think your perception of what new players will enjoy is skewed.. old system was retarded, long ass boring, far too solo and super confusing to even find the missions most of the time.

I welcome CODEX and the big red msg on screen to tell me when shit is broken whole heartedly!!
    If a new player is stuck at 1 stamina then they are forever a noob and can't advance their Avatar. With less and less Attribute missions or Unique rewards how can you get progress exactly? The main reason you play this game is Avatar progression. That is the main focus of any MMORPG.

The long kill missions was rewarded with the ultimate prizes which were Attributes and on planets like Arkadia repeatable missions that were easier than the previous stages. Losing these repeatable missions that people worked hard to unlock sucks. It sucks more for new players that don't get to ever enjoy that accomplishment or those rewards. Again making this game even more boring....... Is Codex exciting? No...no it isn't.

Again there is always a takeaway... and the takeaway always sucks more than the benefit. Which is a tune that needs to change.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    XXX ViP WARP
    Images
    If a new player is stuck at 1 stamina then they are forever a noob and can't advance their Avatar. With less and less Attribute missions or Unique rewards how can you get progress exactly? The main reason you play this game is Avatar progression. That is the main focus of any MMORPG.

The long kill missions was rewarded with the ultimate prizes which were Attributes and on planets like Arkadia repeatable missions that were easier than the previous stages. Losing these repeatable missions that people worked hard to unlock sucks. It sucks more for new players that don't get to ever enjoy that accomplishment or those rewards.

Again there is always a takeaway... and the takeaway always sucks more than the benefit. Which is a tune that needs to change.
    1. incase you didn't realize it takes 9stam for 1full hp... its really a useless stat other than the kewl factor!
    2. the repeatable missions for stats the ubes are grinding only INCREASE the distance between them and new players making them feel MORE nubish!!

jus sayin

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast