More latency and "failed" since last VU ?

~ Cirrus ~

Prowler
Have any others noticed a less stable latency and a lot more "failed" than before or is it just me ?.. :confused:

For the last 2 years my ingame latency has always been quite stable (always about 47-57ms).

Just after the last big update, I noticed that while hunting on Caly, I had some kind of lag of a few seconds (during which my avatar can't do anything), followed by a series of 3 or 4 "failed".

This can happen on average every 5 minutes ! :mad:

So I checked my ingame latency a lot of times to notice that it varied very often (about every 5 minutes too), between 47 and 400ms, or even much more, it went up to 1300ms yesterday... :rolleyes:

I thought it might be a problem on my side.
I cleaned up my PC, rebooted the box, etc...

But the fact that it happens exactly after the update makes me think that maybe it's coming from the servers.
Also because it seems to be happening only on Caly, since it was horrible all day yesterday.
And when I went hunting on Monria, everything was perfect again, the latency was stable as usual and I didn't have any "failed " in several hours.

I was on CP today and it was better than Caly but not as good as Monria... :)

Last edited:
I've noticed it as well since the VU upgrade.
Exactly as you describe.
I have not measured pings or anything else. It's not happening all that often, but enough to be noticeable and annoying.
I am on Calypso, btw

Tons of failed messages. Annoying as hell. Lag spikes galore. However, the ping in the game shows < 100ms.

For me this happens around dinnertime in my region. The odd thing is that ping to Google is unaffected - just everything else slows down and occasionally stops.

Yup new issue recently... Hopefully it gets fixed.

Lots of failed messages for myself and others I talk to ingame. It has been constant since recent VU.

Latency is 25 -28ms here. As it always is.

Maybe there is another cause or perhaps you are on a busy server?

Do you find it happens at certain times of the day? If you are playing on Wi-Fi try cabled.

https://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes/

Tried many steps to attempt to solve the issue including switching between my available internet providers, several computers running different operating systems, wired/wifi, playing at home and work, different times of day, nothing seems to make an improvement in the regularly occurring failed messages.

Pretty obnoxious when my play style depends on hunting ranged and not taking any damage. Multiple failed messages cuts down my ability to hunt efficiently. Maybe Mindark is trying to get me to buy armor and a fap :dunno:?

I get many more failed messages and my guns seem to get stuck while the mob runs up to me.

Yep. Same here.

Every 5 minutes or so all freezes for a few seconds then 3 or 4 Failed messages.

I have not measured pings or anything else. It's not happening all that often, but enough to be noticeable and annoying.

You can see your latency directly ingame, just by placing your cursor on the lower half of your radar.

perhaps you are on a busy server?

Yes, as I said, it didn't happen on Monria for example, which was very quiet, almost deserted.

And precisely that tends to show that it doesn't come from the clients' side, but from the servers' side.

I've noticed it as well since the VU upgrade.
Exactly as you describe.

Tons of failed messages. Annoying as hell. Lag spikes galore. However, the ping in the game shows < 100ms.

For me this happens around dinnertime in my region. The odd thing is that ping to Google is unaffected - just everything else slows down and occasionally stops.

Yup new issue recently... Hopefully it gets fixed.

Lots of failed messages for myself and others I talk to ingame. It has been constant since recent VU.

I get many more failed messages and my guns seem to get stuck while the mob runs up to me.

Same here.

Yep. Same here.

Every 5 minutes or so all freezes for a few seconds then 3 or 4 Failed messages.

I'm feeling less lonely already. :ahh:

I was under the impression that it was coming from servers' side, and these replies are likely to confirm it.

I'm feeling less lonely already. :ahh:

I was under the impression that it was coming from servers' side, and these replies are likely to confirm it.

Yes sir. Same with me. Socmates all notice the same. Lag from the update. I also noticed an issue with copy which never happened before. Knowing that chat code I would bet it's related (50c only though).

In arkadia, its the same... failed, failed, failed.... and the loot is worse since the last VU...

experiencing the same issue, seems to freeze then suddenly lots of fails and eventually death. Happening almost very 30seconds - 1minute, with a few occasional longer intervals. :rolleyes:

While hunting, I get it about once in 10 to 15 minutes, a long freeze, afterwards a bunch of »Failed« and »Could not execute« messages, while the mob is relentlessly doing damage––resulting in premature death, depending on mob choice.

:(

EDIT: No higher levels of latency shown as usual.

Last edited:
Yes, as I said, it didn't happen on Monria for example, which was very quiet, almost deserted.

And precisely that tends to show that it doesn't come from the clients' side, but from the servers' side.

Oh I got it on Monria.

Since the emergency server restart when hunting my attack stall every min for 2-3 seconds. So if I am low HP have to pre heal cause I know the lag spike is coming. It's constant while hunting and even dropped graphics to low. It's the same as the awful lag that lasted for months about 2 years ago that they couldn't fix. Apparently they did something when they went back in again.

Last time it happened many players couldn't do the Halloween event and it took them months to fix it. History repeats itself with Easter coming.

Yes been getting small 1-2second freezes, its not as bad as some input delay and this one also seems to freeze the mob too which helps but still annoying, seems like longtooth have started chewing on the servers early this year.

I just got another crash...a dialog comes up and tell me i don't have enough memory for this operation. Opening and closing pitbulls oviously has a memory leak. Last time was entering Arkadia. Anyone else getting this.

I'm wondering if there is a common link. Perhaps hardware related? :dunno:

I'm gonna guess everyone has a Nvidia graphics card because it isn't country specific.

I just got another crash...a dialog comes up and tell me i don't have enough memory for this operation. Opening and closing pitbulls oviously has a memory leak. Last time was entering Arkadia. Anyone else getting this.

This seems to be a graphical or hardware issue (or maybe a corrupted file), which is not related to the servers nor connection.

By the way, I have to say that I've been hunting a lot on Caly today, and I've had less connection issues and much less "failed".

So I'm not sure about anything, but anyway it seems to be working better for now.
Hopefully it will continue to do so.. Fingers crossed.. :)

I'm wondering if there is a common link. Perhaps hardware related? :dunno:

I'm gonna guess everyone has a Nvidia graphics card because it isn't country specific.

I have ATI and same issue.

I have ATI and same issue.

Ok maybe not Graphic card then.

I'm unaffected but for Mindark to fix it they''ll have to spot what the potential cause is.
Maybe they need to feed some of their server hamsters more carrots. ;)

lemur_om_nom_nom.gif

Yes I know it isnt a hamster.

Ahhhh, I thought I was alone in parts of this issue. Mine was so bad I almost TT'd everything one night. :scratch2:

Stuttering when walking/huge lag/ lots of 'failed' messages, to the point of costing me lots of PED to even hunt because couldn't equip or unequip stuff in time. ( even on low settings )

What I did: Fresh game install/ cleaned computer/ wired it into tower/ cleaned cache and all/ Updated drivers and it helped a few things ( still lag spikes though )

I did get a giggle while shooting Feffoids in big red text: " Can Not accept friend request " while I was shooting it across my screen. ( a change from can not be disciple one ) :eyecrazy:

Last edited:
Back