PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: Vehicles in Oil Rig PVP zone or not?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Vehicles in oil rig PVP zone.

18 43.90%
  • No, Take away vehicles in oil rig PVP zone.

23 56.10%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    je jak bam
    Images

Cool Oil Rig is broken, easy fix

Hi,

The idea behind the oil rig has been a place where guys can come to practice PK and have PK fun. Long time ago there were no vehicles and as a nub you had to run through mobs to get to the rig then the rig had big mobs around and you were very lucky if you could even see an oil drop let alone pick one up. "Ubers" who could kill the mobs would fight each other and get oil and kill mobs and such, it was LOTS of fun.

The oil rig was fun!!! Now it is NOT! The oil rig is BROKEN!

Currently there are always 5-10 nubs at the rig standing around picking oil and if anyone comes to try and PK the nubs will get in a vehicle and gather up a lot of mobs and bring them to the rig (mob training) making the players coming for PK fun have to fight mobs not PK. This discourages "ubers" from wanting to go to the rig for PK fun. And the nubs who sit all day picking oil for free get to "freeload" off the game.

First, simple fix is to make the entire oil rig PVP zone a "No Vehicle" zone! Problems solved, nubs can no longer train mobs and the rig becomes a fun place to have PK fun!!!

Second but less important would be to make a static mob on top of the oil spawn area an Atrox Slayer!!! As part of adding this higher maturity mob, the many places where mobs can be trapped around the rig would need to be fixed.

I hope we can do something along these ideas to make the rig fun again!
    jak

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Easy fix - remove the free oil, there is no need for oil to be dropped.
    After all you are going there for the PvP right?!?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next to the Ketchup, and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
    Bare BareBones Bones
    Society
    Skillin Villains
    Images
    I enjoy the rig myself as it is.

The "nubs" as you call them pk everytime I am there. You yourself were there today PKing.

Vehicles being allowed in adds to the fun , when PKers such as yourself showed up , you had to spend to kill them instead of using some low level weapon.

You had every opportunity to stand on the ground and pk , but you choose instead of standing above on a platform out of reach of the ground action.

The mobs that were trained in added to the fun as well , I myself shot many of them as did others.

If you are looking for a more rubust pk adventure , I hear the pvp4 area can be quite exciting.

I also hear the fort pvp is quite fun for higher level pkers such as yourself.
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
    11 October 1884 7 November 1962

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next to the Ketchup, and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
    Bare BareBones Bones
    Society
    Skillin Villains
    Images
    On an added note:

The oil that drops from the rig , finds its way back into the game.

Much as the revenue from defeating the current fort holder.
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
    11 October 1884 7 November 1962

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    je jak bam
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I enjoy the rig myself as it is.
    I really, really like the quote in your signature!

I'm happy you like the rig as it is, but you don't PK much?

The Oil rig has always been a place for PK, and the oil an extra intensive to bring PKers there.

While I was there today you, your friends or just other nubs there dragged in 4-5 Desplitore Stalkers, a few Warriors Elites, and a murder of Cornenterion, and yet even more Trox and other mobs. The mobs don't bother me, I don't die to the mobs, you do. If I wanted to hunt Desplitor or the other mobs you guys trained on me I would go hunt them, I came for PK fun and the "tactics" used at the rig with abusing vehicles to drag mobs on others is discouraging and not helping make the rig a fun place to be for PKers.

Let's just say you're stance on the rig is not shared by the majority, I'm voicing what many of my fellow PKers have said and this is a very easy fix.

MindArk, PLEASE consider making the oil rig PVP zone a NO Vehicle zone!!!
    jak

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Im Hitman guys
    Society
    Enforcers Of Justice
    Yes lets make it a zone for high skilled players only where those so called pks took turns to collect oil lol.heck iv made items from free oil while i was active and i know some made mod 2600 from free oil 3 years back.is it realy pk fun u r looking for or is it free money? who ever asks to get rid of vehicles are ultimately looking for free money from rig is the truth.i know you dnt need rig money to play but i dnt feel the same way of others.who dnt like free stuff anyways? Cant blame the noobs as the game is shit for new players and old ones alike so why fight the noobs where u can take turns like everyone else? Lol u r good at forts man stick to that.is there any one to fight back nowadays anyways?foudil used to fight non stop if he sees a rival but i dnt think killing low level players is fun at all.gl getting MA to listen cos each vehicle and mob u kill is more money to them so why would they change it?
    Last edited by Im Hitman guys; 06-29-2020 at 04:54.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Images
    PvP4/PvP3 is uber area.
    Any other area that doesn't punish you from dying is noob area and it will stay like that as far as I can read Mindark.If any uber stay in noob area they do it for few reasons : They are drunk, bored, unable to dominate uber area or show off against noobs.
    Instead you could complain about adding incentive into pvp4 where people can fight 24/7.
    Right now there is no fight in pvp4 and it will not be one unless Mindark will decide to add something interesting there.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images
    Current oilrig is full with Russian noobs.

You kill soms, they call DISABLED or mobtrain if he isnt online.

You created your account
    2004-12-21.

Mike KingMike007 Hussey
    Society
    AoC 2.0
    Images
    Better fix remove the free oil or enable claim system like LG whoever holds the claim for x amount of time get the oil.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast