Gamebyro - and old stuff

arieas

Old Alpha
Klien Enigma Rahcell
Well marco hinted they werne happy with the current engine Gamebyro. Made by NDL or emergent Game Technoligies.

Well I decided to pay them a visit and found some stuff i might share.

First of all look here.
partners
Some people have had trouble with intel card in their laptop and soon found a sort of fix.
Well EGT is partner with them, and they work with getting the engine to work well with the card.
But there is a problem for many with the intel card, so MA must have modiefied the engine, and apparently doesent work so well with intel with default settings.
Modifying the engine is fine, but they must hav aimed more towards the ati and nvidia apparently.

There was this which i got from a news article.
gamespot info
Read through it and it says about transport system, and 3 continents to explore.
well we knew about alot before.

But look at this first news on it at gamespot click me
Robots from the the Akbal-Cimi system?

And lastly, at the gamespot page, look at the screenshots! Looks ancient now :laugh:
There is a televator in one of them, wonder where it went to...
The chat has All and Ingame. Maybe there was a chat to chat outside of PE or EU as we know it now.
But most amazing, look at picture 16. Is that spaceship? :eek:
Check out picture 19 too. Cool eh?
Picture 20 shows some sort of spear weapon? Gun perhaps?
Picture 21 has insurance and exchange, so does that mean i could have claimed insurance for my broken armour?
Picture 24 has some weird creastures in it, like octopusses are they around as a 'new' mob now?

Gamebryo includes source code with the purchase, so there's no telling what mods MA made in addition to using whatever dll calls and other API stuff goes along with making a mmorpg from a gaming engine.

AG

I thought Intel cards were not supported?

arieas said:
Picture 24 has some weird creastures in it, like octopusses are they around as a 'new' mob now?
Their oculus and have been around quite while in amethera :wise:

TaY said:
Their oculus and have been around quite while in amethera :wise:

Ah so they were re-introduced, since those pictures are from the old PE, then taken out while amerthera did not exist.

arieas said:
Ah so they were re-introduced, since those pictures are from the old PE, then taken out while amerthera did not exist.

Yep, it took quite some time for Mindark to reimplent them, although, I can't wait for them to implent the Gazonk or the Katang now. They're both old creatures which doesn't exist ingame at the moment, the Gazonk was shown on the old login-screen of PE though.

Anyhow, I guess this is kinda offtopic. But it could still be interesting for some, this is the text which was released along with that screenshot of the Oculuses.

This alien looking creature has five tentacle legs and a round body with only one distinct eye. It's capable of using mental powers and has a strong defense against the human Mindforce. The Oculus maintains itself in an upright position with special glands filled with methane gas. One of these glands can be seen like a red bulge on its swollen head, which serves as a pressure vent.

The glands allow the Oculus to hover like a balloon, using its sucker-equipped legs to cling on to the ground for faster movement. Without a good foothold it will float away, which it also utilizes to glide through the air. The gas glands also work as a natural deterrent against predators who find the stench repulsive. Any weapon that might ignite the gas will in most cases cause an explosion if the Oculus is severely injured.

It's uncertain what the Oculus feeds upon to sustain itself, but it's clear that it likes decaying matter. This has given it several nicknames, like the "Rot Pod" or the "Harvester of Decay". Methane gas from decomposing material is most probably its main source of nourishment, which it can extract using its tentacles.

I think MA is a few major revisions behind on the gamebryo engine so hopefully we will see some improvements when they do upgrade :)

recoda, i cant remember which one of the two you mentioned it was, but one of them anyway was revised into the 'modern' berycled.

Aio said:
recoda, i cant remember which one of the two you mentioned it was, but one of them anyway was revised into the 'modern' berycled.

Aww, that's to bad. I guess that could mean that the Katang is actually a Daikaba?
Here's pictures of the two if anyone's interested.

Katang
Katang.gif

The Katang looks alot like the wild pigs does on earth, it's flesh is very tastefull. But they can be very dangerous.

Class: Mammal
Height: 1.5 Meters
Length: 3.5 Meters
Weight: 500 Kg

Gazonk
Gazonk.gif

The Gazonk, also called "Target Practice"...They have almost no defence and arn't very fast.They form the basic food of predetors and ofcourse of the humans. Luckely the poor things bread like rabits.

Class: Mammal
Length: 1 Meters
Height: 1 Meters
Weight: 50 Kg

thats it :)

the katang actually looks pretty similar to a nexnecis, though, it may be that the nex is the only 4 legged creature of that type on EU :p

arieas said:
But most amazing, look at picture 16. Is that spaceship? :eek:

No that is some sort of factory south of Hadesheim.
Look around there - it won't move away ;)

Back