Vu 8.11

Animal hide
Animal muscle oil
Animal oil residue
Animal thyroid gland oil

Sweat Attempts

Oculus Mature : 41

Last edited by a moderator:
SEB-11 and Boar arms M/F used to drop from these as well :)

"It's capable of using mental powers and has a strong defense against the human Mindforce." http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&id=54

Any truth behind that sentence? I belive I read from some thread that you Akbar had sweated these... any differ to sweat Oculus than all the other mobs?

To reply like: "Try out yourself and see what it's like"... sad to say, I had to sell out at the end of 2006 due irl matters and stripped my ava's every skill below 10, sooo... not in position to test it myself. But to those of you who have tried...any difference?

------- ---------- ------------ ------- ------

Last edited:
*Sigh* Myth Busted then! hehe... okay, better this way than driving my soc.mates crazy everytime they hunt them! "Hey! try sweating one!"
Thanks for quick reply Akbar!

Actually, the way I read that description, they are difficult to damage using nerve blast or firestorm chips.

Also the description of the "exploding gas" seems to imply more dmg from burn weapons (I.E. Laser as opposed to Longsword)

I'm guessing that description was made during a time when MA was planning to give each mob their own armor stats, just like our armor.

But according to almost everyone else, Ma doesn't seem to have done this.

I found a oculus old alpha very north of Oshiri. I assume there are other high maturity ones around also.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

"Interesting" observation about Oculus maturities is also that the Youngs not only hit 20+ more dmg, but also have over 100HP more then Providers for example.

So if you ever want to try out your first Oculus, please make it a Mature-Provider that are alot easier than the nasty Young rascals :)

"Interesting" observation about Oculus maturities is also that the Youngs not only hit 20+ more dmg, but also have over 100HP more then Providers for example.

So if you ever want to try out your first Oculus, please make it a Mature-Provider that are alot easier than the nasty Young rascals :)

There are no Youngs in the game. Even on the landgrab area south of Nate, there are only Matures and the occasional Old, even though the spawn is at absolute minimum (as usual for a landgrab area, and I also confirmed this just a couple of days ago by checking the fertiliser station).

I don't know the background to this, but I would guess that the Youngs were removed because someone screwed up with these too-high stats.

There are no Youngs in the game.

Actually they were re-introduced last VU. Many Youngs located North of Oshiri Hearts, at 5000 43000 ISH. Head way more N and youll find Prowlers and Stalkers too.

Actually they were re-introduced last VU. Many Youngs located North of Oshiri Hearts, at 5000 43000 ISH. Head way more N and youll find Prowlers and Stalkers too.

Oh, are there? I haven't seen any youngs up there but I've only been there a couple of times. Seemed to be mainly old/provider where I was. I figured that with there being no youngs on the minimum fertiliser settings, there must be none at all, but I suppose if you think of it as a re-ordering of maturities then that would work (i.e Matures are the lowest maturity and Young are above Provider).

So that should mean that if the maturity settings were upped to Provider/Guardian level, then Youngs would start to appear too.

I demand a landgrab so that we can test this theory :)

Thanks for the correction Rick.

There are no Youngs in the game.

You can find a mob map of Northern Amethera here. Unless MA has been playing with the spawns again it should help you to find the young ones. :D

You can find a mob map of Northern Amethera here. Unless MA has been playing with the spawns again it should help you to find the young ones. :D

I don't think I want to, I'll die :)

Mature is quite enough for me for now (globalled on them twice the other night too, so I like them at the moment).

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Young confirmed, not very rare though, on a 20K ammo run on sumimas I killed about 5 youngs. ;)

According to other sources on EF, Oculus are now a Dodge mob instead of an Evade mob.

Globaled on the first mature I saw today second one was 45 ped. No items with the exception of brown paint. Anything above a mature is a bit much for me in ghost and 6b shooting with an a geotrek taurus and 105, fapping with an 80. Damage of that setup is just above the equivalent of a H400. And dodge skill was fairly common.

Before VU9.3 Youngs had the same stats as Providers, meaning Matures & Olds were easier. The stats have now been changed so that Youngs are the easiest.
I also seem to need to fap alot more than before so I suspect they've increased the Oculus hit rate, anyone else noticed this?

Before VU9.3 Youngs had the same stats as Providers, meaning Matures & Olds were easier. The stats have now been changed so that Youngs are the easiest.
I also seem to need to fap alot more than before so I suspect they've increased the Oculus hit rate, anyone else noticed this?

Have you got a scan of an Oculus Young showing this?

No, I'll get some though. It's just the lowest the youngs used to hit me was about 35 through phantom+6b, now I'm getting hit as low as 15.

Here ya go :)

oculus_stats.jpg

Hmm, interesting, thanks for posting those. The Mature has changed a little bit too, compared to what was on Entropedia (which I've now edited). Some scans for the other maturities would be useful to check.

That should, I think, mean that the unfertilised Oculus in the Kingfisher LA will now be mainly Youngs, instead of Mature, and that hunting Oculus in general should be a bit easier for the lower maturity ones.

Big ones hurt

max damage ~140

max damage ~160
They miss at least 50% of the time @ dodger 30

Oh where do u find stalkers
tell me tell me tell me !!!! :D
largest i found was Old alpha so far :(

Oh where do u find stalkers
tell me tell me tell me !!!! :D
largest i found was Old alpha so far :(

THe stalker I found by accident one lesser tp NW of the revive @ that LA (west of big cliff, near sumima). Prowler was ~1.2km north of revive point.

ah,time to revisit that area then,biggest i ever saw there was an oa but that was some months ago,
better take my wife with me cause stalkers are bound to hit hard :)

thx for the info immortal

Where are they in the new layout?

Where are they in the new layout?

Don't exist yet, they have yet to be converted. Just go in the wilderness and look for cersumon, as long as it's not on an LA then you found their future home.

Oculus are reported as being in LA18, but when I went there, they had a very effective air cover- kingfisher- that cut my hunt short, since I had armored with t-bird in expectation of meeting oculus. This mob mix is a bit silly.
Does anyone know where else they are? Any free-range oculus like we used to have?

Oculus are reported as being in LA18, but when I went there, they had a very effective air cover- kingfisher- that cut my hunt short, since I had armored with t-bird in expectation of meeting oculus. This mob mix is a bit silly.
Does anyone know where else they are? Any free-range oculus like we used to have?

As I said in my previous post they still have yet to be converted. Besides, pre-10.0 BAHQ had the oculus on min anyway in preference of the kingfishers.

As I said in my previous post they still have yet to be converted. Besides, pre-10.0 BAHQ had the oculus on min anyway in preference of the kingfishers.

Yes, but they were also available north of Oshiri in the mountain, mostly not on an LA. Mixed in a with a few sumima as I recall.

Status
Back