How to use forum (FAQ)

Status

Skam

The Half-Wit Phoenix
Society
Rabbids
Silicon Skam Chip
I get alot of questions about how to use the forum..
Frequently Asked Questions!
...and their answers!

First of all, remember to read the Forum Rules!
:wise:

General FAQ

-Questions asked about how to post, make threads, polls and similar.

Graphical FAQ
-Questions concerning posting images

User FAQ

-Questions about your account, and how to ignore other accounts.

EFD FAQ

-What is EFD and what is it good for?

Arcade FAQ

-Questions concerning the forum Arcade

Fame FAQ

-Questions regarding the Fame-system.

Reputation FAQ

-Questions regarding the reputation system.

Last edited by a moderator:
General FAQ

Q: How do I use BB-codes?
A: BB-codes are simple codes that you can write in your posts to give it some more features. Most are allready embedded in the editing panel so you only have to use the editing panel to enhance your posts. Yet, it is good to have some knowlegde about the BB-coding.
Here is a link to the different BB-codes that can be used on the forum, aswell as how to use them:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

Q: How do I make a new thread?
A: Go to the Forum Index (Press "Forums" at the top navigation bar) and choose the category that fits for your new thread. Click the Category link.
If one of the category´s subsections fits your thread better, choose that.
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Q: How do I make a poll?

A: Make a new thread in the category you wish the poll to be posted in.
Write a little about why you are posting the poll/thread.
Scroll down to the Additonal Options field. Mark the checkbox for adding a poll, and edit the number of poll options you want. (maximum 10)
Then click "Submit thread". The thread is now open to public, but you will still be taken to another page after submitting.
Here you write and manage the poll.
When you click "Submit new poll" the poll will be added to the thread you made earlier.
It would be wise to try this feature out in our Test Forum first.

Q: How do I report a bad post?
A: When you see a post that somehow break the rules, you click the little warningsign that is under the posters nick. Then write your complaint in the message-field. A E-mail will be sent to all of the moderators, who will look over it.
Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Q: How do I see what threads have been replied to since I last was on?
A: Simple! Click New Posts in the navigation bar! Or, go to "User CP" -the threads you have subscribed to are shown there if there are any new posts in them.

Q: How do I quote someone's post in my reply?
A: Click the "Quote" button on the lower right corner of the post you wish to quote. You will then get the quote in the proper tags up in a new reply-window.

Q: How do I make a manual quote?
A: If you wish to make a manual quote (making a certain text appear in a quote) you can either put in the BB-code yourself or you can press the speechbubble-button on the editing bar to automatically make the BB-codes appear. If you dont know how BB-codes work, please see the first question in this post.

Q: How do I quote several posts in my reply?
A: If you want to quote several different posts (to reduce spam and time) then simply click the +" button next to the Quote-button in the lower right of the posts. Click once on all the posts you wish to quote, then click "Post Reply" as you would to post a reply to any thread. The quotes will now appear.

Q: How do I subscribe/unsubscribe to a thread?

A: When you post in a thread you automatically subscribe to it. If you just want to lurk and follow the thread without posting, or perhaps subscribe to a thread which you cannot post in (such as diaries) go to the thread-navigation bar, press the drop down menu "Thread tools" and subscribe.
You can unsubscribe to it the same way.
You can also go to User CP and click "unsubscribe" (under the thread you wish to unsubscribe to) under the list of threads.

Q: How do I use the search feature?
A: Click "Search" in the navigation-bar and write in what you want to know more about. If the search gives too many answers which seems off topic to what you are looking for, click search again and then click "advanced search". Write in the key-words of what you are looking for, and choose a category which it is most likely to be in.

If you are looking for a spesific post, you can use the rest of the features depending on the info you have.
If you know what user it was that made the post, you can write the username in "Search by user name", and press "Find threads started by user" or "Find posts started by user". You can also go to the user´s profile and press "Find all posts by XXX" or "Find all threads started by XXX"

Q: How do I open a Diary?

A: Simple! Go to our Diaries-Section of the forum and make a new thread. Each time you want to make an addition to your diary, just make a new post in that thread. Nobody else but yourself can write in this thread, however since it is a public forum everyone can see what you are writing.
Remember that the Forum Rules also applies to this section of the forum.

Last edited:
Images FAQ

Q: How do I add pictures to the posts?

Tag-Option:

When you have uploaded your picture, there is a few tags under it which you can copy. You can copy the image link for putting the image in fullsize, but we prefer the thumbnailoption, specially if it is large pictures.

Please use the thumbnail option if the with of the pictures is over 600 pixels. If you dont know what pixels and such is, just choose the thumbnail option anyway!

My pictures option:

When you create a new thread or reply to another there is a "My Pictures" link available right under the selection of smileys on the right.

When you click that link a window with your uploaded pics will appear (as thumbnails), newest uploaded shows first, simply click the thumb of the pic you want to insert into a post and it will automatically insert the BB code.

You can also edit the options:
By default "Clickable thumbnail" is chosen, which is the prefered format on these forums, so no need clicking the "Insert tools" button unless you want to show your pic differently.

Q: How do I add a graphical signature?
A: Upload the signature you have made (Graphical signatures may not be larger than 500x120 pixels, text signatures no larger than 4-5 lines of text. Graphical sig within limits plus ONE line of text is acceptable.) to our gallery. Copy the image tag, go to User CP and press "Edit Signature" in your controlpanel.

User FAQ

Q: How do I change my username?
A: You cant! And us moderators cannot change it either. It is really not allowed with mulitple accounts on EntropiaForum, but if you have a specific and good reason for why you need to make a new account, you have to talk with one of our administrators, 711 or MindBuster

Q: How do I ignore a user?
A: Click your way into the users profile, and click "ignore user". Note that you cant ignore moderators of the forum!

Q: How do I get customized username and title?
A: By earning enough EFD so you can buy it from the Forum Store.
How you earn EFD and what they are? Check the EFD FAQ!

Q: What does the buttons under the Avatar signalize? / How do you get to be a Adjusted, Improved or Modified member?
A: If you have surfed the forum a little, you probably have noticed that some people have different buttons under their user name. Like "Moderator", "News Reporter", "Premium member" or "Modified/Improved/Adjusted Member". Just look under my picture to the left there, and you will see good examples of this.

*"Moderator" and "News Reporter/Staff" and such, means that the user is working on EF and explains their position(s).

*"Permium Member" is someone who donated to EntropiaForum in the early days, and helped this forum get up and running.

*The "Adj/Imp/Mod Member"s are people who are paying a monthly fee to support the forum aswell as getting more features then the regular user. To learn more about this, go here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55817

Last edited:
Efd FAQ

Q: What is EFD?
A: EntropiaForum has a money system, NO real money involved, the name of the system is EFD (Entropia Forum Dollar).

You earn EFD by starting new threads, replying to other members threads and other ways like referrals.

The amount of EFD's earned varies alot, starting a new thread gives more EFD than replying to another thread, it also depends on in which forum the thread is started, like, starting a new thread in an off topic forum would give less than starting one in a Entropia related forum, the same applies when replying to a thread. However, remember that mindless spam is often not well liked around these parts.

You can also become a Adj, Imp or Mod Member (check User FAQ) to get a weekly EFD-pay.
Or you can purchase EFD by contacting 711

Q: So what can i use these EFD's for ?
A: well, you can spend your earned EFD's in the EntropiaForum Store (Shop) or simply stand out as one of the richest EntropiaForum members.
There you can buy yourself extra looks to your username, like, ITALIC, BOLD, a different color to your username, even glowing, or combinations of the mentioned, you can also buy a costum title.
The prices of the different things are "dynamic" and will be changed as needed.

You can even, if you can afford, change the costum title of another member, usefull if a friend of yours cant afford his/her own, or if you wanna make fun with another member, then you can change their title to something else that you choose.

You can also buy an Arcade Pass to be allowed to play in the Arcade.
You will find the Arcade under "Entertainment" in the navigationbar.

Q: What is the purpose of EFD?
A: The EFD money system makes it so noone feels left outside, the admin manually giving fancy usernames/titles to specific members can cause a bit of envy towards other members, "Hey, why havent i gotten a costum title...", this way you can buy your own username enhancements when you have deserved it (Contributed enough to the community/earned EFD's)

Q: How can I see how much EFD I have?
A: Its right under your name.

Q: How do I donate EFD to another user?
A: Go to their profile (click their name, either you search for them or find their posts.) and press the "Donate"-link. You will then be asked how much you wish to donate.

Last edited:
Arcade FAQ

Q: What is the Arcade?
A: EntropiaForum have an Arcade where members can compete against eachother playing several small flash games, an "Arcade pass" is needed to play, it can be bought for a certain amount of EFD (Entropia Forum Dollar) in the store, link to the store is available on the navigation bar at the top.
(No real money involved, read about the EFD money system here)

Q: Why am I not allowed to play?
A: You probably dont have the EFD required for doing so. You can also purchase EFD by contacting 711.
As a Imp or Mod member you get to play there for free.

Remember: EF is not a Arcade in itself, but a forum.
The arcade is not there for you to plant your butt and play all day, you are supposed to post in the forums and participate in the Universe which we are here to discuss. It's there for some recreation and fun, some MA-representative-slapping on bad days, and something to make the time pass by when EU is down for maintainance.
And so, you earn EFD´s by posting, and those EFD´s you can use in the arcade!

Last edited:
Fame FAQ

Q: How do I get fame?
A: You get fame by posting a screenshot of an ingame HOF or GLOBAL in the "Hall of Fame" forum, or an ingame Achivement in the "Achivements" sub-forum of the section.
post_thanks.gif

Then other members can click a "Gratz" button to congratulate you, when they do that your fame increases by one for each member who have clicked the "Gratz" button. Your Achivements count goes up one per thread in the forum. However, we would like it so that all the globals you have during one day can be in one thread!

Q: Do I have to have a screenshot with proof?
A: YES! Well, Picture of the global-announcement in chat at least. Or if achivement, we want a picture of what you have achived.
Its no fun without a picture, and its no proof either.
And while at it: Please try to keep the screenshot size low, or use the thumbnail option. We dont need to look at a 1024x786 screenshot, big pics tend to mess up the layout of forums.

Reputation FAQ

Q: What is Reputation?
A: Reputation on EntropiaForum is a measure on how much the other members and readers enjoy reading your posts.

You can view your reputation-points by going to User CP. Here you also can see who has given you reputation, if it was good (green dot) or if it was bad (red dot) and what comments they have given.

Q: How do I give reputation?
A: To give reputation to another member click the icon located in the lower right corner of the members post inside a thread.
reputation.gif

When clicking you have two options, either "Agree" with his/her post to give good reputation, or "Disagree" to give bad reputation.

Q: How is the amount of reputation-points given set?

A: The amount of reputation given depends on several factors, the longer you have been a member of these forums, the amount of posts you have, and ofcourse the amount of reputation you have recived -give you more reputation "power".
There are other "secret" factors involved too.

Q: What do I do if someone gives me negative reputation?
A: Nearly everybody gets a negative rep once in a while, simply because people disagree with them, or they have gone a little overboard while posting.
If you wish to know why, either you look at their comment for understanding why you got it, or you can PM the person in question asking (in a proper manner) why you recived it. If you dont get any answer, just leave it as it is.
Do not, under any circumstances, post screenies of the reputation-field to the open. It is for your eyes only.

If however, someone is harassing you with reputation (one neg rep now and then from same person does not count as harrasment.) please contact the administrator.

Q: What does a grey reputation point mean?
A: It means that the person who tried to give you reputation, does not have good enough reputation to do any difference.
The reason is either that the person is new to the forums and havent posted enough yet, or that the person in question has been negative "repped" so many times that he/she cannot make a difference.

Q: How can I see how much reputation a person has here?
A: You can´t see the exact amount of reputation a person has, but you can see circa what they have. There are two indicators:

The first one is the colored dots under the username. Its very simple - The more colored dots, the more reputation the person has.
The second one is almost like the ingame skill-system. It has the same skill-system (find the skill-system here ) so the rank that is said there is a indicator of how many reputation-points the person has.

Last edited:
Nice work Skam :)

nice information!
that will be a +rep for you :)

yeppers + rep for that one

There's nobody in chat now and I see this:

ERROR: Room empty.

I really need to check it out when there is no error ... ;) :scratch2: ;)

When I clicked the first FAQ link, it said I didn't have sufficient priviledges to enter.

Any clue why?

lol, you are too noobie..

+rep for the guides Skam, keep it up!

-Blinding Light

thanks

just wanted to say thanks for the info with out it i would not of been able to post my thread:) thx

When I clicked the first FAQ link, it said I didn't have sufficient priviledges to enter.

Any clue why?

I get that aswell..
Skam you should update the links in the beginning so they work :)

very helpfull thread!:D

how can i delete my account?

thankx for info but i still i cant figure out how to add emotes, :(

In fact there are still missing some more precise info, such as that you can't add a reputation the same person twice in a row, or you get EFD through rating thread and using reputation system, but hey, that’s a basic FAQ, not ESQ = Every Single Question :p.

that is really helpful :) BIG +rep for ur work

The only thing is, i cant figure out how to upload a picture from my documents...:confused:.

any help?:rolleyes:

This is a guide for uploading and making thumbs, GL[/QUOTE]

Thanks, this helped (+ rep) :yay:

Q: How do I get customized username and title?
A: By earning enough EFD so you can buy it from the Forum Store.
How you earn EFD and what they are? Check the EFD FAQ!

thank you for nice FAQ. I am having problems finding the one to cutomize username. When I click on store I only get the icon shop. Help pls :)

thank you for nice FAQ. I am having problems finding the one to cutomize username. When I click on store I only get the icon shop. Help pls :)

This FAQ is very old, and uses screenshots from the old EntropiaForum template.

I will ask Skam to update this guide with new info and screenshots, once the upcoming new Cry2-inspired EF templates are released.

For now :locked:

Status
Back