Stalker
Banned
Society
ViaDolorosa
Snarg
Snarg_WBG.gif

Description :

The poisonous Snarg may seem a brittle creature,
bounding over the bush-steppe on two spindly legs.
This is a desceptive impression, as its chitin-like skin makes it
a rather tough opponent.
Bright blue and boasting huge "eyes" on its winglike appendixes,
it is one strange sight, truly a freak among the Calypsoan fauna.

Creature Type :
Ak_Ico_Animal.jpg
Animal

Damage Type : Impact 100%

Maturities

Young
Mature
Old
Provider
Guardian
Dominant
Alpha
Old Alpha
Prowler
Stalker

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the process of testing the damage of the higher maturities. So far I've only tested Prowlers but will edit this post if/when I get results for other maturities.

Alpha
Maximum hit: 77.4
Minimum hit: 39.2
Maximum damage: 78.0
Minimum damage: 39.0

Old Alpha
Maximum hit: 83.1
Minimum hit: 42.3
Maximum damage: 84.0
Minimum damage: 42.0

Prowler
Maximum hit: 90.4
Minimum hit: 45.6
As maximum hits tend to be full numbers, it is probably safe to say that Snarg Prowlers do a maximum of 91.0 damage and a minimum of 45.5 damage.
I received only one critical hit during testing which was 140.1 damage. I'm not familiar with the way critical hits are calculated but if somebody knows, they can check if 140.1 is in accordance to the assumed maximum/minimum hit.

Stalker
Maximum hit: 105.2
Minimum hit: 53.2
Maximum damage: 106.0
Minimum damage: 53.0

Everything has been added to Entropedia as well.

Here are the missing scans:

Note: the tests were made wearing Rascal+5B and the results were corrected, assuming 100% Impact damage is correct. I don't have the necessary armor/plate sets to prove or disprove this. However, the maximum hit in armor was 63.4 + 27 = 90.4 (27 is the amount of impact damage that Rascal+5B protects against). If my understanding of how armor works is correct, and if Snargs were to do Cut or Stab damage, their maximum damage would be 91+14=105 or 91+9=99 respectively, as Rascal+5B protects a further 14 points against Cut and 8 points against Stab damage. This means their minimum damage would be 52.5 or 49.5, however, I received a hit of 47.1 while naked (see post below).

It may be argued that the maximum damage could also be up to 94. Again, from my understanding of how armor works, the Rascal+5B set could not have protected only 3 more points of damage, but instead would have protected 14 or 8 points of Cut or Stab respectively, whatever the Impact and Cut/Stab percentages may be. If this is incorrect, please enlighten me :)

Last edited:
I'm in the process of testing the damage of the higher maturities. So far I've only tested Prowlers but will edit this post if/when I get results for other maturities.

Prowler
Maximum hit: 90.4
Minimum hit: 45.6
As maximum hits tend to be full numbers, it is probably safe to say that Snarg Prowlers do a maximum of 91 damage and a minimum of 45.5 damage.
I received only one critical hit during testing which was 140.1 damage. I'm not familiar with the way critical hits are calculated but if somebody knows, they can check if 140.1 is in accordance to the assumed maximum/minimum hit.

Looks correct to me. From those figures (I'm assuming you weren't wearing armour though you didn't say so) the maximum damage can only be 91.

Critical hits add the maximum damage so a critical of 140.1 would mean a base hit of 49.1, which fits in at the low end. You got lucky there, it could have hit you for 182 :D

By the way I've never seen the 100% Impact confirmed so maybe you could test that too :)

I probably should have mentioned I did those tests with the assumption of 100% damage. I wore Rascal+5B for the most part, because I have low health and they killed me too often for my liking.

The minimum for the naked testing was 47.1 and maximum 86.9 but the data set for this is very small, only about 15 hits. I can test again without armour and see if I get hits that are not between 45.5 and 91.0. That should disprove the 100% impact damage.

Second post updated with info for all the missing maturities and about the testing.

Can anyone tell me where now a decent Snarg Alpha or higher spawn is?

Thanks that was the spot Ive been looking for :)

Status
Back