FYI: Taming: the waiting...

Status
Hell, since it's been gone almost three years now, MA should have been able to develop taming so that high level pets will be able to shit peds on command. :laugh:

:lolup::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:
PET will have CLD inside and makes poo each monday

What is soo good about taming ?

It was the promise of what taming would become that spurred people to skill it, and the constant teasers Marco would spew
to lead us on until one day we get to high levels and then just take the profession away for almost 1000 days and just pretty much ignore the players who spent thousands skilling in anticipation of stage 2 and what taming could become.

Should those of us that are lvl 50+ and higher just sit back and say "thanks for screwing us over and offering us no alternative".

I think not, i hope they are true to their word but if taming does come back i think it will be the same as it was before and all the "bigger and better" dribble will just be more like Marco spewed when he was on the job.

People are crying about some missions being changed but imagine losing the use of 54 levels in a profession you have, not very fair is it.

Still Waiting

I quit EU when taming was removed. I came back only because of the possibility of taming coming back soon. Since it apparently hasn't been reimplimented, I will just go back on break.

If MA would even reintroduce taming as it was before, I'd be happy with that and then they could take the time to "improve" it but damnit let us use our friggin skills MA!

It seems they want all tamers to stop playing until they have this implemented, if I understand the following phrase from the release notes of VU 12.6.1 correctly :laugh:

KNOWN ISSUES
If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Closing in on 1000 days mark!!!

So we are closing in on 1000 days without taming mark. How is the taming community going to celebrate this milestone?

I think this certainly deserve some public attention outside of the game so MA can celebrate with us. Anyne up for some articles on MMO sites, facebook updates, or any other ideas that mark this occasion?

So we are closing in on 1000 days without taming mark. How is the taming community going to celebrate this milestone?

I think this certainly deserve some public attention outside of the game so MA can celebrate with us. Anyne up for some articles on MMO sites, facebook updates, or any other ideas that mark this occasion?

wow .. Only 1000 days, MA is fast like always.:yay::yay::yay:

Almost 1000 days without the use of what once was my highest profession. I find it quite fraudulent to lead people on with the "Stage 2" plans and then remove the profession never to give the people that skilled that profession any updates or alternatives to rectifiy the economic impact of their skills value dying in the arse every day since.

Just get some Balls MA and tell us it isn't coming and give us a chance to switch skills at the value they were when this fiasco started and get on with our virtual lives, it isn't much to ask is it?

And for anyone reading this and thinking "bah pets did nothing anyway" that isn't the issue, the issue is many people skilled the profession due to being led on regardign stage 2 of taming, spent thousands of US dollars and have had their profession taken now for almsot 1000 dayss.

I'm starting to think the change to Cryo2 was a convenient way to kill the taming profession and hang us out to dry.

As always we will get no reply in here from the PLANET CALYPSO | MINDARK people as they just pass the buck, but if i was a planet partner and my customers were being fucked over i would be atleast standing up for them and getting information on whats going on especially PLANET CALYPSO people as they are probably in the same freakin room as MINDARK people.

It's a real shame and kick in the groin to the tamers of EU and yes 1000 days should be announced in some way.

Generating bad PR for our game is a great idea! Only good things could come from this!

:yay:

it'll come someday. Skilling up whip for the day that comes. Taming profession is raising along the way, ever so slowly. Anyone know how high the puny iron mission goes? Working on 1k right now.

If you naysayers are wanting to sell out, I might be looking for an unlimited mamba in a few months. ;)

I'm not really sure that taming is still on the to-do list, because they not only brought back all other systems, but also found time to implement some we hadn't had before (missions, instances, space after all). Some statement from MA would be nice. Not ETA, it's too much to ask them for, but at least "Yes, we still plan to reimplement taming during the lifetime of the current playerbase".

Oddly enough Kim said exactly that during his last interview, how much we believe him is another story. The right thing to do would be to seriously compensate those of us who put so much effort into this. I remember reading when MA adjusted the tailor profession the oens they decided to screw over a little bit got a choice of shadow armor or some PED. A normal company would be falling over themselves to try to make up the almost unbelievable fucking over to the tamers, MA on the other hand is saying absolutely nothing, and if they do bring the taming profession back my guess is they wiull do it quietly and without even a thought of building good will with the taming community.

it'll come someday. Skilling up whip for the day that comes. Taming profession is raising along the way, ever so slowly. Anyone know how high the puny iron mission goes? Working on 1k right now.

If you naysayers are wanting to sell out, I might be looking for an unlimited mamba in a few months. ;)

Who said anyone was selling out? or a naysayer? The tamers are justified to complain.

1000 days, it's ridicolous in the extreme.

I'll be on vacation, so I'll miss the celebration. See you guys in a week or so!

999.gif

I'll be on vacation, so I'll miss the celebration. See you guys in a week or so!

As RobVee is not able to post today, he asked me to post the following for him:

1000 days without taming! :whip:

14 May 2012 - Unlocked millenium-grade patience.

1000 days and still waiting.

It is very sad..and at the same time anticlimactic. Used to care, then be angry....now I just stopped giving a shit. MA has managed to suck the fun out of this for me, I guess also so for a lot of other people who looked forward and believed that taming will become something fun and cool.

The love is gone. Thanks MA.

No luck for tamers, but Diablo IIi just came out today, and there are probably going to be plent of mules in there. ;)

The release of DIII in relation to this historic anniversary is fine timing, don't ya think?

Last edited:
some1 saw the article , where they tell first fishing than pets ?

i am still finding the right rude words to tell what i think ...

they create a new profession , and leave us tamers again alone :mad:

Over 1000 days of taming being promised and still failed to have been implimented. This is outright pathetic, and a total lack of professionalism on the part of MA.

I understand that when writing code, delays happen, problems arise, and schedules are not always met. I can see running into a problem and maybe having to postpone the implimentation of a feature to the next update but seriously.... 1000 days?

Last edited:
There are no good or bad words to describe this, I can talk from a finance perspective how utterly stupid it is to so badly mismanage expectations, from arketing perspective generatng so much negative emotion and bad word of mouth PR, from a gamer perspective just a huge fuck up...

This si all true, but what matters is MA is explicitly and unapologetically not giving a shit about tamers or he profession. So as I have said before, thanks and FU too MA.

I guess I'd better keep counting.

1008 days without taming! :whip:

Yep keep the counter going. I guess the next "fun" mark will be three full years , not too far off, I am sure MA can;t wait to celebrate that with us either.

And yet after being an active thread, non of MA staff came here and said a shit. I bet they are just reading and laughing at us now those "#¤%&/()=?

Yep it takes either brains or balls to com ein and post here, as MA has neither we got no responses:)

IT has become too routing and too easy to make fun of MA, aminly because they deserve it.

Status
Back