FYI: Taming: the waiting...

Status
When I say compensation I do mean high level UL armor and whips given according to level.

And it is no longer a shame, but is taking on all the characteristics for a nice class action lawsuit, maybe even better if there is no precedent, make it a landmark one.

And with engaging a good PR firm on top of that will make this an interesting exercise, and maybe even a profitable one in the end.

I am going to start chatting with lawyers and PR firms for now to see how this plays out, but given how MA is completely ignoring the issue and is showing utter disrespect and disregard for the players, their money and their time and effort, in a sense this is a good thing:)

Removed

-Bemo-

Last edited:
And your very insightful analysis of the validity of my possible claim is clearly based on some very deep knowledge of interatioonal law, as well as other bullet proof legal arguments. What can I say, can't argue against such a knowledgeable guy, thanks for pointing out the error of my ways dear sir.

Removed

-Bemo-

Last edited:
LOl ... everyone talks so much crap about starting a lawsuit with MA. You have no grounds period to do it but go ahead and keep talking out of your ass if it makes you feel better. :dunce:

-Bemo-

See now i would of thought players would support other players that were being shit on but guess not, perhaps next it will be you looking for support from the other players and i hope you get some rather than what you offer us tamers... thanks, i guess this is that community spirit shit so many do gooders on here ramble on about.

You must be proud.

2nd neg rep in 5 years, im devastated, im in tears hehehhe, shame to hear your selling out but hardly a reason to neg rep me is it? You drop a zillon big amps and craft a zillion 102 amps and cant figure out why you lost all your money? :) Thanks for the laugh you sad little man.

And I sold out cause MA is fucked up way too much and way to greedy lately so maybe go fuck yourself?

Reading the start of that anyone might think you'd actually be somewhat supportive to those of us still being shafted by MA, but seems you're just another troll. If you're leaving, just do it already :rolleyes:

Waits for first ever -rep :yup:

I am getting to the point to where even compensation may not make up for this. It's the total and complete lack of communication from MA that I find to be so disgusting. It's bad enough that they lied about improving taming, then it's worse that they not only leave it unimproved but they dont even bring it back as a profession that people dumped a lot of time and money into. The worst part about this is that the players are obviously not important enough to even respond to about it. We all know damn well that SOMEONE from MA has read this thread.... and to have no comment, no apology, no real eta, no go to hell??? nothing???

Personally I think all tamers have more reason to be pissed than anyone else ingame. Sure there is a LOT here to be upset about but to level up a profession and to have it just taken away for 3 years....

We have to wait because the last MA told os that it will be here before the end of this year,,,,but they told os the same last year and the year before the last year.:cool:

Not so much patient as there isn't anything we can do :) but once it does get here if I'm not compensated in some fashion for 3 years without 54 levels of a skill then they can whistle i will take my money elsewhere.

Still not one comment from Kim or the others, they should all be as embarrased as i am disgusted in their treatment of us.

Now then, dont expect much.

Look at the false hype they made with "hangars" and "space" and then just made it readily available for everyone to travel space with pasangers for 5$...

I.

Make it available to all that is not the issue, the fucking issue that it is not available to anyone at this point.

Look at the false hype they made with "hangars" and "space" and then just made it readily available for everyone to travel space with pasangers for 5$...

I.

yeha i know, but atleast were getting a redo redo on the gateway to try and retain players :) Which is needed to replace all those leaving who actually deposit, MA aren't brain surgeons thats for sure.

Yep it is shocking at how many business related things MA manages to be at the same time, almost feels wrong to add to their woes with lawsuits and negative PR...almost but not enough to stop:)

I.

At least while they were waiting for it to be implemented back in game they were receiving payouts from the tp fees and yet we've had zero, nothing, nada not even a reply from anyone at MA to say they haven't started working on it yet which is usually what happens after a time it was mean't to be implemented has passed :mad:

Bjorn|MindArk said:
Sorry I have no specific ETA on this issue to share with you. However, I can say that space in general will be receiving a lot more attention after the summer. :yay:

either taming willbe back in august (what i cant believe as we didn't got a official post like "look how far we are" - just estimations and "maybe's" so far) or we will see it in the end of the year... as it is mentioned in "State of the Universe" after the re-re-make of the beginner areas...

anyway horrible to not see ANY kind of statement by an offical...

either taming willbe back in august (what i cant believe as we didn't got a official post like "look how far we are" - just estimations and "maybe's" so far) or we will see it in the end of the year... as it is mentioned in "State of the Universe" after the re-re-make of the beginner areas...

anyway horrible to not see ANY kind of statement by an offical...

I've read nothing to suggest to me that taming will be back this year. When pressed on the issue on EF, the response given sounded to me more like an "oh, no, that's not really being worked on" than a "we have people assigned to it and are working on it". I would be extremely surprised to see a functional taming system before mid 2013.

PS 498 posts in this thread... coming up to the big 500. Congratz?

I've read nothing to suggest to me that taming will be back this year. When pressed on the issue on EF, the response given sounded to me more like an "oh, no, that's not really being worked on" than a "we have people assigned to it and are working on it". I would be extremely surprised to see a functional taming system before mid 2013.

PS 498 posts in this thread... coming up to the big 500. Congratz?

youre right, but it sounds also like "yes we have concrete plans, maybe the mentioned issue will be also solved"

taming was mentioned here:
This long awaited system is to be reintroduced in 2012, with many new features all have been waiting for; we expect the wait to be worth it!

sadly it is also stated that mutants will be back in early 2012, must have missed that, at least the Umbranoids. The Umbranoids are for sure the most complicated to develop...

Second statement we got explecitly for taming was this one.
Another priority during 2012 will be improving the balance and performance of existing game systems, along with finalizing the reintroduction of prior game systems disabled after the CryEngine2 conversion

has anybody something else?
there was a statement by Kim regarding new whips (e.g. gardensnake, no idea if it was a joke or the true name), but we never saw them ingame or any further comment by official site...

little bumb ...

and post 500 :ahh:

and still no offical who tells something ... sad

Post 501 and counting:)

And there will be no official coming here, that much I think we know, MA seems not to have the brains nor the guts to make a clear comment on this monster fuck up of theirs.

I dont really think it has anything to do with guts. I think its that MA feels they are above the rest of us and they wont respond unless they want to. We just arent important enough to them to take the time to comment.

That may be the case as well, sure, but I know very few companies that can survivw without clients and revenue, let alone develop. Recently they managed to piss off one of the most skilled and active players to thje point that he is leaving the game...this is where their strategy has gotten them so far, and it may get a lot more peopel to stop playing or quit. Let's see how they play this I fear they are just dumb enough to shoot themselves in the foot.

I completely agree, and with the history of MA and their so-called public relations... they have shown a lack of respect for the players. They have proven that they dont give a shit about us, and it's proven every day still that there is no communication about the profession that was taken away after promises of improvement.

I predict Taming will appear after the annual Migration.

Wow guys, you sure are patient... waiting 3 yr to re-implement pets and 7 years to implement actually usable pets, as hinted as stage 2 :D

I.

P.S.

I guess its 7 years, I joined early 2006 and they were there... cant believe they would not re-implement this for 3 yrs now...

LOL Couldn't have said it better.

Underling problem #1: MA doesn't seem to see anything wrong with this behavior. <fancy smiley here>

Better
Use
More
Patience. :smoke:

Here's a recent PE history in 3 easy steps:
  1. MA switched to a new game engine.
  2. All game systems could not be re-implemented at once.
  3. Everything-at-once solution was out of the question, therefore somebody had to set the priorities.
(obviously, this is vastly over-simplified, the reality is always much more complex)

Don't get me wrong, i'm one of those who wears his animal tamer prof tag as a constant reminder for MA.
It's just that i'm trying to be realistic and see the bigger picture, not just what i want, i need, i'm asking for.

Patience! :smoke:

I predict it will appear after the next migration. MA has been giving out dates much too many times.

Which year's migration?

That may be the case as well, sure, but I know very few companies that can survivw without clients and revenue, let alone develop. Recently they managed to piss off one of the most skilled and active players to thje point that he is leaving the game...this is where their strategy has gotten them so far, and it may get a lot more peopel to stop playing or quit. Let's see how they play this I fear they are just dumb enough to shoot themselves in the foot.

Actually, getting more old timers to leave might possibly be THE strategy. Get rid of the folks that remember the old stories, promises that never came to be true, etc. to make room for a new bunch of n00bs that have no clue and are ready and willing to take a bunch of new hype and lies about what will come "next year"... get rid of the hard core players and start tapping in to the casual game market since that's where the money is?...

In the below quote, I, and I suspect many others in the community think Kim might have been talking about old timers when he was referring to "some problems"

I can't really tell you much about our upcoming marketing campaign however you can expect that MindArk will market Planet Calypso as a MMORPG while the Entropia Universe is marketed in a business to business fashion.

When will it start? Impossible to say because it depends on how long it takes for us to fix some problems that we have identified that causes players to leave the game early.

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Back