Planet Calypso - The Next Chapter

Gotta love the forums these days..

Obviously alot of frustration with current events..

MA stockholders are sitting back and laughing at the wild ride they have taken us all on..

Mindarks alla aktieägare
Mindarks aktiebok
Den 29 dec 2006
Innehav ägare med minst 500 aktier, siffror i procent

....sry don't have any fresher numbers but here goes;

Akteiinvest FK AB 0,01
Bankaktiebolaget Avanza 0,02
Marco Behrmann, Landvetter 0,36
Bo Bergman, Kalmar 0,01
Urban Bothén, Västra Frölunda 1,70
Patrik Broddesson, Australien 0,27
Carnegie Investment Bank AB 27,04
Sevo Daniel, Göteborg 0,17
E-trade Sverige AB 0,18
Tom Edlund, Göteborg 0,17
Lena Edman, Göteborg 0,00
Birgitta Ekasala, USA 0,01
Annika Eriksson, Göteborg 0,23
Expression AB 0,57
Lars Falk, Göteborg 0,17
Fischer Partners Fondkommission AB 0,42
Hanna Friberg, Göteborg 0,21
Andreas Funksjö, Göteborg 0,86
Rolf Funksjö, Göteborg 0,44
Golden Shadow Pictures, USA 0,36
Martin Gunnarsson, Sätila 0,01
Anders Gutenbrant, Stockholm 0,87
Lars Hammarström, Göteborg 1,74
Eva-Liz Harju, Stockholm 0,01
Christian Holmqvist, Lindome 0,17
Anders Johansson, Göteborg 0,00
David Johansson, Bromma 0,17
Jimmy Johansson, Västra Frölunda 0,31
Kaupthing Bank Sverige AB 0,01
Kronboken AB 1,94
Rickard Lagerbäck, Mölndal 0,17
Anders Larsson, Skövde 0,00
Jonny Lindh, Torslanda 0,00
Charlie Lindholm 0,01
Magnus Martinsson, Göteborg 0,17
Daniel Molin, Göteborg 0,09
Nordea Bank AB 4,42
Nordnet Bank AB 0,04
Kristina Olsson, Göteborg 0,08
Peter Olsson, Västra Frölunda 0,02
Stefan Olsson, Mollösund 0,01
SEB Securities Services Corporate Actions 12,32
Stefan Serrander, Stockholm 0,03
Niklas Severinsson, Göteborg 0,09
Skandiabanken AB 3,73
Patric Sundström Nordenmann, Töllsjö 0,24
Svenska Handelsbanken AB 0,63
Alf Svensson, Göteborg 0,18
Carl-Reinhold Uggla, Göteborg 0,01
Jan Welter Timkrans, Göteborg 39,04
Adrian Welter, Mölnlycke 0,01
Kim Welter, Västra frölunda 0,01
Anthony Wong, Vallda 0,01
Bernt Wåhlin, Göteborg 0,26
Samt: ”Ej offentliga ägare 6 st” 0,02

...satisfied ZippO? [...]

Indeed it might be Kemp, however with ambassadors like yourself or that french frog quoted in NH's post, this game will most certainly never ever "develop" in the sense that it will attract new players...seriously if your mission is, to keep people from this game, you're doing ace! :thumbup: Now I must say I admire NH, whom stands up for this game wholeheartedly...when most ppl just seems to take a piss on it...

If I was in charge of this forum/community...I would for sure close it down...no doubt...no chance in hell I would recommend anyone visiting this place...download the game...and play the game I'd say...and make up your own mind...
The fact is, the game has turned in a direction it didn't have for 8yrs ago.

Not sure if a closed forum is better than the current one.
I think most of those who has a lot of common sense, will filter the superpositive
fanboys and the most negative players, when visiting the forum for the first time.
From a new players perspective, whats worst, visiting a forum where there are a LOT
of complaints, but also some too positive info about the game, or just log in and have
no clue what to do?
Vast majority will leave pretty soon, due to this. Some few will stay and try it a
bit longer, and some very very few will succeed and get hooked, and stay a lot
longer. Of those who stay, some few % will learn how to play more or less for free.
The problem here are the loss of potential longtime players, with interest to do depos.
For every of these that leave, the word of mouth can kill interest for EU for a lot
more potential players that haven't even tried EU.

Imo, they need to turn PC in right direction again, so it heads back to the sci-fi theme,
without influence of todays RL stuff. PC needs to be developed way more around the
original storyline, where robots needs to be a way bigger menace.

I have no problem with themeplanets like MJ-planet (will probably never visit it anyway)
but I do have problems with them mixing it as if they are in one, small galaxy, and not spread
out in a big universe. It only gonna look like a big mess at the end.
They should split up EU in smaller galaxies, maybe based on themes, but still have it as
one big universe, so there still are possibilties to travell between all planets.

Mindarks alla aktieägare
Mindarks aktiebok
Den 29 dec 2006
Innehav ägare med minst 500 aktier, siffror i procent

....sry don't have any fresher numbers but here goes;

Akteiinvest FK AB 0,01
Bankaktiebolaget Avanza 0,02
Marco Behrmann, Landvetter 0,36
Bo Bergman, Kalmar 0,01
Urban Bothén, Västra Frölunda 1,70
Patrik Broddesson, Australien 0,27
Carnegie Investment Bank AB 27,04
Sevo Daniel, Göteborg 0,17
E-trade Sverige AB 0,18
Tom Edlund, Göteborg 0,17
Lena Edman, Göteborg 0,00
Birgitta Ekasala, USA 0,01
Annika Eriksson, Göteborg 0,23
Expression AB 0,57
Lars Falk, Göteborg 0,17
Fischer Partners Fondkommission AB 0,42
Hanna Friberg, Göteborg 0,21
Andreas Funksjö, Göteborg 0,86
Rolf Funksjö, Göteborg 0,44
Golden Shadow Pictures, USA 0,36
Martin Gunnarsson, Sätila 0,01
Anders Gutenbrant, Stockholm 0,87
Lars Hammarström, Göteborg 1,74
Eva-Liz Harju, Stockholm 0,01
Christian Holmqvist, Lindome 0,17
Anders Johansson, Göteborg 0,00
David Johansson, Bromma 0,17
Jimmy Johansson, Västra Frölunda 0,31
Kaupthing Bank Sverige AB 0,01
Kronboken AB 1,94
Rickard Lagerbäck, Mölndal 0,17
Anders Larsson, Skövde 0,00
Jonny Lindh, Torslanda 0,00
Charlie Lindholm 0,01
Magnus Martinsson, Göteborg 0,17
Daniel Molin, Göteborg 0,09
Nordea Bank AB 4,42
Nordnet Bank AB 0,04
Kristina Olsson, Göteborg 0,08
Peter Olsson, Västra Frölunda 0,02
Stefan Olsson, Mollösund 0,01
SEB Securities Services Corporate Actions 12,32
Stefan Serrander, Stockholm 0,03
Niklas Severinsson, Göteborg 0,09
Skandiabanken AB 3,73
Patric Sundström Nordenmann, Töllsjö 0,24
Svenska Handelsbanken AB 0,63
Alf Svensson, Göteborg 0,18
Carl-Reinhold Uggla, Göteborg 0,01
Jan Welter Timkrans, Göteborg 39,04
Adrian Welter, Mölnlycke 0,01
Kim Welter, Västra frölunda 0,01
Anthony Wong, Vallda 0,01
Bernt Wåhlin, Göteborg 0,26
Samt: ”Ej offentliga ägare 6 st” 0,02

...satisfied ZippO? [...]

WTF do those numbers even mean??? Of course i'm not damn satisfied does it look like that stupid stat sheet is going to satisfy me? Obviously the company has changed several times since then and your telling me they never made any money of this freakin game? So you come at me with some random damn information from 2006? If everything were fully transparent then perhaps we could have this conversation again.. We will never know how much money these guys have made or fully lost

WTF do those numbers even mean??? Of course i'm not damn satisfied does it look like that stupid stat sheet is going to satisfy me? Obviously the company has changed several times since then and your telling me they never made any money of this freakin game? So you come at me with some random damn information from 2006? If everything were fully transparent then perhaps we could have this conversation again.. We will never know how much money these guys have made or fully lost

coz your are...retarded...

...The downfall all started April 2005 with VU 5.4....

VU 5.4 was in December 2003.

There was no VU in April 2005.

Please clarify what you're referring to.

And you are sounding like you have had too much to drink..

Blablabla....blablabla...seriously expected a wall of text by now from you ZippO...bit disappointed...really...lost your touch boy? :)

Blablabla....blablabla...seriously expected a wall of text by now from you ZippO...bit disappointed...really...lost your touch boy? :)

No point in arguing against someone who's opinion is absolute..

Before your time wasn't it...? :scratch2:

Right, I missed the start of the game. I only played for the last 5.5 years (loved almost every second of it) so I guess my opinion doesn't matter.

Your need to be condesending against people with other opinions is really doing nothing to help your cause.

So you actually missed the 3+ years that this game was really run with some kind of vision and future perspective? Well, that's what I said, people who don;t have this 8+ years of experience just don;t understand. The downfall all started April 2005 with VU 5.4.
Before your time wasn't it...? :scratch2:

If this game wpuld have had ambassadors like me, 1000s of them, in my first 4-5 years, then this game would have looked much better, would have been MUCH cheaper and would be a serious player in the online gaming market. How ever, there are not that many fools like me on this planet called earth and that is why this suppaduppa company MA/FPC/SEE/wahevva did not succeed in attracting more then a coule of handfull of players within a decade.
Whilst being a monopolist in their segment... They should be :ahh:

And for you STFU!

If your answer on criticism is to shut down a website, then better go live in Northern-Korea. They can use people like you. But please, don't complain to me if you did not have you dinner on a certain day. Please...

I many not be as old a Kemp :D I started in 2004 so 7 1/2 years playing PE (EU) and it was a truley great game until the change in 2005 , then everthing went slowly down hill after that :(

The old Vision of this game really called to me it was not so much about the big loot (ATH) it was move of long term goals like skills, repuation and making friends, where 20 bucks you could play for a long time; if you went to the irc channel you used to have Marco would be online and you could talk to him directly if he was not afk; sad thing even when I joined in 2004 he was afk for most of the time even back then...

Last edited:
I many not be as old a Kemp :D I started in 2004 so 7 1/2 years playing PE (EU) and it was a truley great game until the change in 2005 , then everthing went slowly down hill after that :(

The old Vision of this game really called to me it was not so much about the big loot (ATH) it was move of long term goals like skills, repuation and making friends, where 20 bucks you could play for a long time; if you went to the irc channel you used to have Marco would be online and you could talk to him directly if he was not afk; sad thing even when I joined in 2004 he was afk for most of the time even back then...

Yup :( oh yea

Nicole, it's 7 years if you started in jan 2004, but less if you started later on that year (like myself :p).

I remember well how it was backthen, the game changed, sure, but i would have to be transformed in a complete newb again to look at the game with a comparable perspective. The fact is, my vision of the game is already contaminated with too much experience (even if it's not as comparable to someone who has lived the game always near the top).
I'm perfectly fine with how the game is right now, except for one huge (though simple) thing: the existance of loots bigger than 2k peds. Come on MA, you should know this is the root of all evils. Gamers are not the same thing as gamblers. As simple as that.

PS: was Kemp talking about the asteroid that crashed on amethera vu?

Well, maybe some of the "old-timers" will think that I'm foolish but I prefer to be an optomist. I appreciate the positive communication from Marco and I look forward to reading SEE's responses to the question thread.

I like the new VU even with the exasperating bugs. When have bugs not been a part of this game? :eyecrazy:

What I am wondering here is:
Has anyone ever considered that a huge MJ fanbase by far surpases the Calypso fanbase?

By adding this planet perhaps they are actually increasing the playerbase and therefore being benificial to everyone.

But lets face it, If MA/FPC/SEE shot gold out of its ass right to your homes you would still bitch about it and wonder why you didnt get more.

What I am wondering here is:
Has anyone ever considered that a huge MJ fanbase by far surpases the Calypso fanbase?

By adding this planet perhaps they are actually increasing the playerbase and therefore being benificial to everyone.

But lets face it, If MA/FPC/SEE shot gold out of its ass right to your homes you would still bitch about it and wonder why you didnt get more.

That is an Interesting thought... yes I would have to believe that the MJ Fanbase would eclipse the Calypso Fanbase.

Let me add some Extra Chilli to that nice Burrito...
(food for thought)
Question...

How Many MJ Fans own Computers?

How Many Computer owning MJ fans use their computers for Gaming?

How Many of those gamers are Playing MMORPG?

How Many of those MMORPG players are interested in Sci Fi? (given the massive fantasy realm base, and the mere Fact that MJ only ever did one SCI FI Film)

How Many of those remaining MJ Fan, MMORPG playing, Sci Fi interested, individuals, actually have any time left or money remaining to consider even remotely depositing a cent into this imaginary planet. AFTER!... they have spent all their money on real MJ collectables(which increase in value) and money on creating that perfect MJ lookalike costume with all the little sequins on it.(used for attending Collectable auctions and Fan days)?

after all that calculation I would guess at maybe 2. okay 3.

after that I have now determined that there is only one real constant in the universe... the Fact that in the very near future....someone, somewhere. will have their ass kicked!

That is an Interesting thought... yes I would have to believe that the MJ Fanbase would eclipse the Calypso Fanbase.

Let me add some Extra Chilli to that nice Burrito...
(food for thought)
Question...

How Many MJ Fans own Computers?

How Many Computer owning MJ fans use their computers for Gaming?

How Many of those gamers are Playing MMORPG?

How Many of those MMORPG players are interested in Sci Fi? (given the massive fantasy realm base, and the mere Fact that MJ only ever did one SCI FI Film)

How Many of those remaining MJ Fan, MMORPG playing, Sci Fi interested, individuals, actually have any time left or money remaining to consider even remotely depositing a cent into this imaginary planet. AFTER!... they have spent all their money on real MJ collectables(which increase in value) and money on creating that perfect MJ lookalike costume with all the little sequins on it.(used for attending Collectable auctions and Fan days)?

after all that calculation I would guess at maybe 2. okay 3.

after that I have now determined that there is only one real constant in the universe... the Fact that in the very near future....someone, somewhere. will have their ass kicked!
My guess is closer to one or two thousand.

... I think I'm going to need a price check on Jesus Juice Cocktail Mix.

I would just LOVE to see SEE contribute their speed-of-response habits to FPC! :yay:

As Managing Director for SEE Digital Studios, I am pleased to inform you that Planet Calypso will continue to be run by its established and experienced team.

I'm sure this part was meant to be reassuring, but...

MA did spend ~10 years on developing calypso before VU 10, can you really expect them to finish every changes with VU10+ in just ~2 years?

MA did spend ~10 years on developing calypso before VU 10, can you really expect them to finish every changes with VU10+ in just ~2 years?

Actually, I expected them to have a working VU10 _BEFORE_ they released it, not still working on in it 2+ years later. Guess I was an optimist.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Next-Chapter&p=2665332&viewfull=1#post2665332

01-28-2011 19:43 #299

Alright, good people of Calypso -time's up and this thread is going to be closed.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your questions, we appreciate it.

We will go through them at the office with the SDS/SEE staff and when ready compile a new information-thread with the answers here on the forum. Estimate ca. 2 weeks for the answer thread to be published. I'll make sure that when it's done and ready it'll be put on the frontpage as well.

One week down.... One week to go before we get the Answers?

How bout you take 2 of your team members and make them PERMANENTLY in charge of improving planet calypso?

These 2 members should first and foremost focus on improving 2 cities every update without excuse.
2nd, they should focus on bringing back the beauty system and taming systems by the time VU 12 rolls around.
3rd, when the hell are you going to put a Auctioneer in Athena? It's been almost 2 full VU's and you STILL dont have an Auctioneer in there? wtf?!
Finally, would you please fix the god damn mining. I know most of you wanna make it to where there's no way possible for us to make decent turnover on mining, but this shit is getting rediculous.

When you see half of your playerbase sell out and quit, then it's pretty obvious things need to be changed. You can start doing so by implementing some of these things mentioned, as well as the other things people are bitching about the most, in other threads (see: Marco's (failed) Q/A Section)

Thank you,
Fi

Back