Planet Calypso - The Next Chapter

This whole thing seems like a HUGE mess; let's see if I got this right:

1. MA splits, and forms FPC; many were asking why was this necessary, and we received a whole bunch of answers without an actual meaning.... until now.
The whole reason for this split was for MA to be able to sell it.

2. The more complicated the Management is, the more easier to manage it will become; as we saw already, blame will go around and no one will take responsibility.
Everyone will have their own little plans... yet most of it will never be implemented.

3. If you thought Financial Statements from MA were hard o interpret you have another thing coming.

4. Too little money for too many hands already.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end, I can only hope that this will more like the rebirth of Phoenix; I'm not giving up... not yet anyway, but it seems that I need to wait for at least another year to see what happens.

It looks like a tax planning but also that ultimately it will be that no one has control over something that everyone will refer to it is someone else's responsibility.:lolup:

awesome news.. i'm sure whoever is responsibly for the MJ planet has dumped a ton of extra money into it.. complain all you want.. but marco going to have some resources now.

awesome news.. i'm sure whoever is responsibly for the MJ planet has dumped a ton of extra money into it.. complain all you want.. but marco going to have some resources now.

Unless of course it's a new shell of a ocmpany...

I joined this game when it was Entropia Universe operated by Mindark.

Now who knows or actually cares who owns what.

For want of a better word the "owners" whilst so busy juggling adminsitrative changes (purely for business puposes Tax etc) and the insitigating of all these new planets to raise and change revenue have reached a position where they cannot stop. They have no alternative to keep pushing forward in a hope that some miracle will prevent the ineviable outcome of this downhill and hopefully not a suicide run.

Entropia has virtually turned into a pyramid scheme. Eventually the current trend will come to the position where it can not advance anymore.

The financial statements indicate that even with these with extensive (planet partners??) and whatever there is an increasing negative growth. With the continuing trend of multiple established players laying back or leaving and the massive migration of newbies coming and going indicate that this is happening now.

I know there is a much larger virual area in eu now however most of it appears to be empty eye candy. The planets have no indication where they are going or rather reaching their end plans. Newbies because of the cost of transportation will not be able to check out the different planets and maybe eventually settle somewhere that appeals to them. So they will just say f it and leave now.

I dont think this game will ever fold. It is much too large and intricately designed ( The Business model I mean:D) to ever go completely. It will be like Hadeshime or the crater where eventually will be a massive change resulting back to a smaller close knit universe that has a definite direction. Some partners/players will lose massive amounts.

Then when peace has been achieved it will all start again.:D:D

Dont you just love it.

Really i guess i can't be anymore pissed off about this whole situation than i already have been over the last 4-5 years.. Guess that's why i had to take the last two years off hoping for the best.. Just steadily downhill.. Keep it rolling MA or whoever you are now. My money won't be here anymore.

And if i ever see a Michael Jackson related Ingot on auction i probably will take my scissors and cut up my damn gold card.. Like what Kemp has said we have seen our beloved SciFi universe de-evolve into a sellout get rich quick scheme.

The financial statements indicate that even with these with extensive (planet partners??) and whatever there is an increasing negative growth. With the continuing trend of multiple established players laying back or leaving and the massive migration of newbies coming and going indicate that this is happening now.

1) The last financial statement was at a negative, sure, but that was during the financial crisis, might be better now.
2) Is there really such a big % of 'established' players leaving? And if so, is it really such a big % compared to how many are leaving other games all the time?
3) I see more newbies than usually when I visit swamp, the newbies I do talk to seems to stay longer, be happier in the game, etc...

1) The last financial statement was at a negative, sure, but that was during the financial crisis, might be better now.
2) Is there really such a big % of 'established' players leaving? And if so, is it really such a big % compared to how many are leaving other games all the time?
3) I see more newbies than usually when I visit swamp, the newbies I do talk to seems to stay longer, be happier in the game, etc...

Just with the financial statement I would have liked to see an increase of sorts with all the sales etc of planets and such.

Actually I dont really know how many players are really leaving :D just going on my own circle of ppl I know and from the many postings of digruntled avs, people chipping and just basically losing interest.

As eu is unlike most virtual games with the amount of $'s that can be invested :scratch2: in an avatar it worries me to see so many negative postings.

I agree tho we really have no idea, as a lot of us like to winge about the bad and what we say we are going to do sometimes is far from what we actually do.:)

What I meant about the newbies was more the inability without depositing of being unable to explore the different planets.

I would guess most that join have heard from either a friend or have read about it. It would be dissapointing not to see the whole picture.

At first I reacted like most ppl here seem to do...Planet MJ...wtf?! Are they...serious or is this just a big joke??

But the more I think about maybe it's not all that bad, afterall they can't fill the "universe" with merely sci-fi oriented planets can they? As they clearly have difficulties populating Calypso for various reasons ofc...but if "they" i.e. MA or whatever they call em self nowadays, can bring in some real cash into the game, that will lower the cost to actually "play" @ fun lvl...I'm all for it! Be it that there will be satellites floating around with moonwalking avatars on it or avatars that wanna be acting naughty naughty with eachother with XXX 18+ content...I couldn't careless...as of now something must be done, as things seems to be goin downhill in an epic dynamic way...

But the more I think about maybe it's not all that bad, afterall they can't fill the "universe" with merely sci-fi oriented planets can they? As they clearly have difficulties populating Calypso for various reasons ofc...but if "they" i.e. MA or whatever they call em self nowadays, can bring in some real cash into the game, that will lower the cost to actually "play" @ fun lvl...I'm all for it! Be it that there will be satellites floating around with moonwalking avatars on it or avatars that wanna be acting naughty naughty with eachother with XXX 18+ content...I couldn't careless...as of now something must be done, as things seems to be goin downhill in an epic dynamic way...

man you are dreaming...

While the number of player did go up , the cost to play increased even more..
Thinking that cost to play will go down if there is more player was a common idea 8 years ago...
Noday , its proven fact that it is a total false assumption of business when its MA who manage it...
Beside , the shop fee that got removed because 90% of shop was close , and the armor decay change (4 years ago , because people was hunting without armor) , all other fee/decay in game just did increase , or got created...check auction fee , decay on clothe , decay to remouve armor , new tier BS , cost to travel to CP (it was 10 ped in old day),decay of L item,decay of refiner....

can you come with exemple of things that cost reduced over the time ?

Dear Calypsians,

I am thrilled that SEE Virtual Worlds (SEE VW) have gained the rights to Planet Calypso. First Planet Company has been rebranded as SEE Digital Studios and is now the development leg of SEE VW. SEE Digital Studios will be in charge of maintaining and developing Planet Calypso, as well as the development of Planet Michael.

As Managing Director for SEE Digital Studios, I am pleased to inform you that Planet Calypso will continue to be run by its established and experienced team. Joining the SEE family has presented us with a great opportunity to invest more human and financial resources in its development and marketing. As such, we are looking forward to a very successful year for Planet Calypso and its community.

The entire team is also excited as we prepare to move to our own offices here in Gothenburg, and take on new staff for the development of Planet Michael.

We recognize how important the fans and players are, and as it would be impossible to address all questions in this statement, I would like to invite you all to post your questions in the official Q&A thread that has been set up. The thread will be open for two days, after which we will compile the questions and publish information as quickly as possible.

Finally, SEE Virtual Worlds is committed to the Planet Calypso community and would like to thank you for your time and dedication as we enter this new chapter in our development.

Yours,

Marco Behrmann
Managing Director
SEE Digital Studios

Any posiibilities for small round two in Q&A ? I was off last 2 days and now Question thread is closed and i had few interesteing ( not mentioned in previous one). Seems very short time frame to allow all interested post their questions there.

man you are dreaming...

While the number of player did go up , the cost to play increased even more..
Thinking that cost to play will go down if there is more player was a common idea 8 years ago...
Noday , its proven fact that it is a total false assumption of business when its MA who manage it...
Beside , the shop fee that got removed because 90% of shop was close , and the armor decay change (4 years ago , because people was hunting without armor) , all other fee/decay in game just did increase , or got created...check auction fee , decay on clothe , decay to remouve armor , new tier BS , cost to travel to CP (it was 10 ped in old day),decay of L item,decay of refiner....

Well w/o any inside information about development of the entropia universe whatsover, one can only hope for the best! Me personally, I hope that these new diverse planets will eventually boost the universel economy to some extent! But hey I can just roll with "Let's just lay down and die coz the sky is falling" attitude...that's easy...so call me dreamer all you like! :laugh: I just like to hope for the best...that's all! :)

Well, I can now purchase a HUGE amount of ammo for less ped than a couple of years ago. :scratch2:

;)

transportation costs and rents

Transport cost did go up , CP was 10 ped back in day , and cost for fly to CND was cheaper than way for 4 person now.
for rent it depend how you look at it.

The price for rent the exact same thing did not go up ( no specking about the desperate mesure that remouve all rent) , but if you check rent of shop(price / item) it did go up when MA did introduce new shop(if i remember corect new shop price).compare for exemple the old shop in tower/cnd , and those in mall

MA didnt really increase cost of the old item , but they make new item more expensive.

ann in all , if you check cost to play now , with cost to play 6 years ago , it did go up quite a lot...

for rent it depend how you look at it.

The price for rent the exact same thing did not go up ( no specking about the desperate mesure that remouve all rent) , but if you check rent of shop(price / item) it did go up when MA did introduce new shop(if i remember corect new shop price).compare for exemple the old shop in tower/cnd , and those in mall

So... rent went up as long as you disregard the part that makes your statement be wrong? :confused:

So... rent went up as long as you disregard the part that makes your statement be wrong? :confused:

somehow... but we dont know for how long FPC will keep rent at 0.i this this as mesure to puch up a bit market.and maybe put back those rent how it was when economic will be better.

somehow... but we dont know for how long FPC will keep rent at 0.i this this as mesure to puch up a bit market.and maybe put back those rent how it was when economic will be better.

Riight... that is still "editing reality to fit my point" which I really disapprove of.

Furthermore, the rest is just speculation.

Dear Calypsians,

I am thrilled that SEE Virtual Worlds (SEE VW) have gained the rights to Planet Calypso. First Planet Company has been rebranded as SEE Digital Studios and is now the development leg of SEE VW. SEE Digital Studios will be in charge of maintaining and developing Planet Calypso, as well as the development of Planet Michael.

As Managing Director for SEE Digital Studios, I am pleased to inform you that Planet Calypso will continue to be run by its established and experienced team. Joining the SEE family has presented us with a great opportunity to invest more human and financial resources in its development and marketing. As such, we are looking forward to a very successful year for Planet Calypso and its community.

The entire team is also excited as we prepare to move to our own offices here in Gothenburg, and take on new staff for the development of Planet Michael.

We recognize how important the fans and players are, and as it would be impossible to address all questions in this statement, I would like to invite you all to post your questions in the official Q&A thread that has been set up. The thread will be open for two days, after which we will compile the questions and publish information as quickly as possible.

Finally, SEE Virtual Worlds is committed to the Planet Calypso community and would like to thank you for your time and dedication as we enter this new chapter in our development.

Yours,

Marco Behrmann
Managing Director
SEE Digital Studios

1. The same people who have failed to provide a finished product all this time?
3. More Marketing? As in above 0 from now on?
2. What fans? Are you nutters?

3. More Marketing? As in above 0 from now on?

They HAVE done marketing, in the form of banner campaigns at various websites for example.

Riight... that is still "editing reality to fit my point" which I really disapprove of.

Furthermore, the rest is just speculation.

I dont edit reality...
There 1 point discutable is the rent ,and that point got changed 1 or 2 month ago , and we dont know for how long.
I speak about evolution of game over 8 years , so excuse me to just not taking total in account an event that happened 1-2 month ago.
If in 2 or 3 years , FPC still dont change back rent , or if they make an anouncement that rent will stay at 0 , then i will count rent as something who go down in cost..

but anyway , almost all other cost in game did go up.

I dont edit reality...
There 1 point discutable is the rent ,and that point got changed 1 or 2 month ago , and we dont know for how long.
I speak about evolution of game over 8 years , so excuse me to just not taking total in account an event that happened 1-2 month ago.
If in 2 or 3 years , FPC still dont change back rent , or if they make an anouncement that rent will stay at 0 , then i will count rent as something who go down in cost..

but anyway , almost all other cost in game did go up.

It's all hard to understand for people who did not experience 8(+) years of "development".

Yeah, okay, I'll remember that way of thinking...

"Yeah, I have been the elected leader of the country for the last 8 years, and the other guys just got elected a month ago to take over... But that is so short time, I mean just tell me if they keep winning elections for the coming 2-3 years and I'll hand over power."

It's all hard to understand for people who did not experience 8(+) years of "development".

I am perfectly fine with my 5.5+ years in this game.

{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed it might be Kemp, however with ambassadors like yourself or that {removed} quoted in NH's post, this game will most certainly never ever "develop" in the sense that it will attract new players...seriously if your mission is, to keep people from this game, you're doing ace! :thumbup: Now I must say I admire NH, whom stands up for this game wholeheartedly...when most ppl just seems to take a piss on it...

If I was in charge of this forum/community...I would for sure close it down...no doubt...no chance in hell I would recommend anyone visiting this place...download the game...and play the game I'd say...and make up your own mind...

btw when do we get answers to our questions ans where?
Or are they hidden here somewhere allready? :ahh:

btw when do we get answers to our questions ans where?
Or are they hidden here somewhere allready? :ahh:

last post in QA thread:

Alright, good people of Calypso -time's up and this thread is going to be closed.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your questions, we appreciate it.

We will go through them at the office with the SDS/SEE staff and when ready compile a new information-thread with the answers here on the forum. Estimate ca. 2 weeks for the answer thread to be published. I'll make sure that when it's done and ready it'll be put on the frontpage as well.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Next-Chapter&p=2665332&viewfull=1#post2665332

I am perfectly fine with my 5.5+ years in this game.

Now, Kemp, why don't you just scurry back to your little cave?

So you actually missed the 3+ years that this game was really run with some kind of vision and future perspective? Well, that's what I said, people who don;t have this 8+ years of experience just don;t understand. The downfall all started April 2005 with VU 5.4.
Before your time wasn't it...? :scratch2:
Indeed it might be Kemp, however with ambassadors like yourself or that {removed} quoted in NH's post, this game will most certainly never ever "develop" in the sense that it will attract new players...seriously if your mission is, to keep people from this game, you're doing ace! :thumbup: Now I must say I admire NH, whom stands up for this game wholeheartedly...when most ppl just seems to take a piss on it...

If I was in charge of this forum/community...I would for sure close it down...no doubt...no chance in hell I would recommend anyone visiting this place...download the game...and play the game I'd say...and make up your own mind...

If this game wpuld have had ambassadors like me, 1000s of them, in my first 4-5 years, then this game would have looked much better, would have been MUCH cheaper and would be a serious player in the online gaming market. How ever, there are not that many fools like me on this planet called earth and that is why this suppaduppa company MA/FPC/SEE/wahevva did not succeed in attracting more then a coule of handfull of players within a decade.
Whilst being a monopolist in their segment... They should be :ahh:

And for you STFU!

If your answer on criticism is to shut down a website, then better go live in Northern-Korea. They can use people like you. But please, don't complain to me if you did not have you dinner on a certain day. Please...

LMFAO...Can't really be arsed...{removed}

Gotta love the forums these days..

Obviously alot of frustration with current events..

MA stockholders are sitting back and laughing at the wild ride they have taken us all on..

Back