Planet Calypso - The Next Chapter

Marco,give us an ETA about Beacons,Taming,Beauty and others.

That is not Marco doing tho, that is MA, and Marco has no more info on this stuff than any other planet partner (Neverdie, CKi, etc)

When i do the balance of game change vs administrative change , i know , i dont have my place here anymore.

From a player with the history you have, the only one from the best soc in PE speaking out load regularly here on the fori, it saddens me very much that even you finally say this.

This is really on point.

What happens when resource are allocated to developing Planet Michael and then it flops (and it will be a huge flop) and Calypso is dead from lack of attention.

They just don't seem to understand that the playerbase just cannot carry the weight of their "profits". Over all the years the playerbase has been to easy on them, but I do hope many and many more do as I do: Don't deposit until they fix us a Sci-Fi themed Real Cash Economy that holds 98% of all we have ever dreamed of, been told we would get or (the worst) been suggested that we might ever once would have.
Until then, free RCE to me without any deposits.

That is not Marco doing tho, that is MA, and Marco has no more info on this stuff than any other planet partner (Neverdie, CKi, etc)

Would you please cut the BULL-CRAP!!! Marco is in MA for as long as I ever remember. He knows/knew/will know every important change and future strategy. He knew upfront how this would turn out...

why was this 'deal' closed behind the scenes and do we see now 2 economies : the one for the players to deposit into and the one for the 'partners' to suck the money out of it ?

Would you please cut the BULL-CRAP!!! Marco is in MA for as long as I ever remember. He knows/knew/will know every important change and future strategy. He knew upfront how this would turn out...

Thanks for that Kemp. Kept me from making an unfriendly post.

I did not mention anything about THIS, I mentioned about the ETA of MindArk systems.

Marco is now a PLANET PARTNER and therefore is not allowed to know more about the ETA of those systems than any other PLANET PARTNER.

Even if he does, he may not be allowed by MA to share that information, and so it is not up to him and therefore he is NOT the one to ask.

well well...what a surprise ??
some high lvl cheating is going on here :-D

I did not mention anything about THIS, I mentioned about the ETA of MindArk systems.

Marco is now a PLANET PARTNER and therefore is not allowed to know more about the ETA of those systems than any other PLANET PARTNER.

Even if he does, he may not be allowed by MA to share that information, and so it is not up to him and therefore he is NOT the one to ask.

Look at page 24:
http://www.mindark.com/press/press-releases/documents/mindark_prospekt_en.pdf
Goddamn 6 years ago "DA DUDE", already owned 0,5% of MAs Shares. Eventually he rose from Community Manager, to content manager, to manager of FPC, to manager of SEE blablabla.
What do you think?! That he lowered his amount of shares? I would be surprised if he has less then 5% of all shares.

Like I said in my -rep, cut your bullshit and SEE the real world. The man know, whether he "officially" is allowed to use the knowledge or not. He just knows and treats his community as shit. Thanks for the posters 6 years ago Marco, really, thanks... I mostly SEE a man with a gun looking over a desolate future city. And I (used to) keep wondering what that image has in store for me for the future... Keep wondering?! For how long to come... When is it my time...?!?!

Like I said in my -rep, cut your bullshit and SEE the real world.

Actually, you gave me a +rep, wrong button much? :dunce:

and so it is not up to him and therefore he is NOT the one to ask.

And here comes the big question then, so who is? We cannot ask MA directly as we are clients of SEE. SEE in turn are Clients of MA so we as Clients of SEE should then have to ask them, as in SEE, to ask MA when these things will be back in game which is what some of us have done in the Q&A thread. Phew, and if you understood that you're doing better than me lol

And then on top of that SEE should not let MA fob them off with answers like we don't know when it'll be, but demanding a definitive answer. Another week or so and we'll be in month 17 since all these things were removed from game and I for one am pissed off with having skills tied up doing nothing as well as still picking up fruit, looting makeup and makeup mask bps, all of which have been bloody useless for far too long! :mad:

And here comes the big question then, so who is? We cannot ask MA directly as we are clients of SEE. SEE in turn are Clients of MA so we as Clients of SEE should then have to ask them, as in SEE, to ask MA when these things will be back in game which is what some of us have done in the Q&A thread. Phew, and if you understood that you're doing better than me lol

Yes, we can ask Marco to ask MindArk, but we can't ask Marco to say it himself as he (according to what he says) do not know :)

Yes, we can ask Marco to ask MindArk, but we can't ask Marco to say it himself as he (according to what he says) do not know :)

yay so we know people who know people :D

oh yeah great another company!!
another time, energy and money consumming (or waste) in administrative idiot, useless and uninteressant changes.
I'm beginning to be sure the only thing that could do something is another rce platform is created very soon. The actual owners of this one have to me (only 1 year old but quite active) only prooved that they are not concerned about their product, what they look for is benefit before their economic bubble explodes when another real concurrent appears i guess.... I wish I was an older player, maybe I would understand just a bit of the concept "we are working on the game development"..uhu..oh yes vehicles..the thing we cannot get any more bp for, so it was a new part of game only for the very very few that got the bp's and lasted..1 month long? Now vehicle crafting consists in opening the ah and buy one at 235'000%..even new functions are riged as soon as they are issued.

All I saw in one year is officials turning around that question nobody gives a shit about: "who owns what now".

All the money and time wasted in administrative changes should be far due to reintroduce things I never knew while having started one year ago...like taming etc...never in 11 years mmo did I see desactivated functions that need 16 monthes to be reimplemented, while in the same time new planets with almost no new player are flowering.
One year i'm seeing more and more complaints about variance in avatar loot that rend possible to have 5 digits hofs every day, never in one year did i read any answer about it, as the probem was just not existing. The only, I swear, messages I saw from MA were "now this company will create this platform" "now we are named likeso" "no we are company number 1xy". Wth this means? That we are idiots to think they plan to make Calypso any better! no for each new fucking shit in this game well have to visit a new planet with, of course, biggest and (to me as i never knew that) unexplainable travel fees you can because of a hangar story...

The guy(s) taking decisions must be joking, and this is a psychological study on "how far you can go with a money-linked activity in ignorating ppl concerns withtout beeing annoyed , pushed, hurted or your physical integrity to be attempted by the clients". Like a Icare experiment, but more sm style

I hate them all anyway :yup:

filibert

Beta Testing!

So now that you all have new resources to put into the game it would be a good time ask for a little closed beta testing for upcoimg VUs. Besides you could bribe players into do it for nearly skill/trinket ingame, or heck even free.... and.... tada

LESS cx crankiness over lastest bug. :yup:

Seriously, wtf is going on...

You should keep Planet Calypso and those idiotic Planets as separate games.

Those planets has nothing to do with Calypso at all. I joined this game 4 years ago to play a Sci-Fi game.
It seems like that game is comming to its end.

So what you're saying is NEVERDIE will NOT be allowed to screw up Planet Michael like he did Rocktropia and Next Island?

Not a fan of MJ, not by a very long shot. Wish you the best with that ~ I hope it all comes out ok

I feel like i dont have sufisant education to know at who i should speak about my dailly problem in game...
Sorry , i dont have a master in economie and business management to avoid tax and cheat around.

I dont understand anything anymore about all those compagny that buy and sell eatch other to some orgamisme.
Its getting way too complicated.

As a player i like to know who do what in my game...
Now i am not even abel to say the name of compagny i own it , who is responsible of what , and whorse , who get my money.

When i do the balance of game change vs administrative change , i know , i dont have my place here anymore.
I smell money laundering via corporate shiftiness

This whole thing seems like a HUGE mess; let's see if I got this right:

1. MA splits, and forms FPC; many were asking why was this necessary, and we received a whole bunch of answers without an actual meaning.... until now.
The whole reason for this split was for MA to be able to sell it.

2. The more complicated the Management is, the more easier to manage it will become; as we saw already, blame will go around and no one will take responsibility.
Everyone will have their own little plans... yet most of it will never be implemented.

3. If you thought Financial Statements from MA were hard o interpret you have another thing coming.

4. Too little money for too many hands already.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end, I can only hope that this will more like the rebirth of Phoenix; I'm not giving up... not yet anyway, but it seems that I need to wait for at least another year to see what happens.
And there's the old hand off.

Deleted my own post, moved post to correct Q&A thread...

This whole thing seems like a HUGE mess; let's see if I got this right:

1. MA splits, and forms FPC; many were asking why was this necessary, and we received a whole bunch of answers without an actual meaning.... until now.
The whole reason for this split was for MA to be able to sell it.

2. The more complicated the Management is, the more easier to manage it will become; as we saw already, blame will go around and no one will take responsibility.
Everyone will have their own little plans... yet most of it will never be implemented.

3. If you thought Financial Statements from MA were hard o interpret you have another thing coming.

4. Too little money for too many hands already.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end, I can only hope that this will more like the rebirth of Phoenix; I'm not giving up... not yet anyway, but it seems that I need to wait for at least another year to see what happens.

Sounds like money to me...

MA "sells" Calypso to FPC
MA "sells" Rocktropia and NextIsland
FPC "sells" to SEE

Progress InGame?

So what you're saying is NEVERDIE will NOT be allowed to screw up Planet Michael like he did Rocktropia and Next Island?

Nope, seems they are planning on screwing it up themselves.

As long as you got the message it's fine by me.

Hm, yeah, guess it doesn't really matter as I don't care about your message either way :dunno:

Marco,give us an ETA about Beacons,Taming,Beauty and others.
You say that team is busy with planet Michael,in this case we should stop play PA because we to busy to wait for planet Michael.
Give use the important updates,i don't wanna play Planet Michael,i;m still here because of Planet Calypso not because of other planets.

So, the people that started their adventure in a futuristic Sci-Fi Real Cash Economy, enthusiasticly hanging in there year after year after year, spending the funds to actually develop this world, these people are now on plan B, left in the cold.
"Thank you guys, it was fun for as long as it lasted, but now we are going to focus on a music planet, based on the greatest entertainer ever lived so far, thus drawing the attention of a gazillion of people that are fan of this man instead of hardcore gamers that love Sci-Fi themes. It's just a niche you know, not interesting enough for the big bugs to be made."

:wise::wise::wise:

I got chills just thinking about a planet MJ developed by Ex-FPC/SEE.

I thought the other day perhaps getting NI and RT together as continents of the same planet could have been a good idea, as two continents, as, well, to be frank, i don't see them standing both alone on their own feet. But now i have to seriously reconsider on that being a good idea, as just imaginating something similar between Calypso and planet MJ would make me emigrate to a third option as fast as the devil can blink an eye.

Back