Entropia Universe 11.6.0 Release Notes

Tried my laptop with Win7 X64 , exactly the same problem.

Trying another desktop with win7 32bit,...

Does anyone with an x64 but OS this problem? If yes, great testing again before releasing an update MA!

Edit: tested win7 32 bit >> working fine, x64: no more EU !

Try doing the "update" berthabot suggested in the bug forum :)

FYI: Using W7 x64 and have NO problem with client and so on...
I hope it get solved for ya guys :rolleyes:

Tried my laptop with Win7 X64 , exactly the same problem.

Trying another desktop with win7 32bit,...

Does anyone with an x64 but OS this problem? If yes, great testing again before releasing an update MA!

Edit: tested win7 32 bit >> working fine, x64: no more EU !

Try this go to your C/program files/ entropia universe/ bin 32

set "Entropia" to run as admin and click that file skips using client loader and worked for me. Game will update in loading screen.

Try this go to your C/program files/ entropia universe/ bin 32

set "Entropia" to run as admin and click that file skips using client loader and worked for me. Game will update in loading screen.

Tnx!

Indeed this is working. (Not setting compatibility mode just starting the extropia.exe)
But still if this is a known issue shoudn't they fix that?

I can imagine a new player encounter this problem is just going to uninstall and try another game....

Is anyone else having problems with the .exe? I applied the patch and now I can't run EU... I click the icon and nothing.

Sorry just read the post further up... thnx everyone and sorry for the repost

You probably already have a full install, so... Go to C:\Users\Public\entropia universe\public_users_data\dynamic_content\ and delete all files that in their filename have the name of the planet(s) you do no longer wish to have installed.

After this, re-launch the client loader. Some required content will now be downloaded - this is normal and is shared files from other planets (i e items and textures that may travel between planets). After you have entered the game it will attempt to re-download the other planets. Use the pause button to stop the download, then enter the map UI and uncheck the boxes for the planets you have removed and don't want to receive updates from.
It will now no longer try to download these planets, and you can keep on playing as normal.

The arrow I photoshopped in points to the aforementioned checkbox. Select the planets from the drop down menu and uncheck the boxes as mentioned.
View attachment 24659
I was trying that just after update and one more time after your post.

RT and NI unchecked, but when I delete (move to another folder) files:
territories_next_island_*.pak
territories_rocktropia_*.pak
Client Loader trying to download them, and download size around 1.4 GB (and now size of all files from RT and TI around 2 GB). If I trying login, it's stuck on starting screen, I see download bar progress and text:
"Downloading Calypso - 0%" (and later same estimated size - 1.4 GB) :confused:

So, size of shared files from other planets will be 2/3 of total file size?

You probably already have a full install, so... Go to C:\Users\Public\entropia universe\public_users_data\dynamic_content\ and delete all files that in their filename have the name of the planet(s) you do no longer wish to have installed.

After this, re-launch the client loader. Some required content will now be downloaded - this is normal and is shared files from other planets (i e items and textures that may travel between planets). After you have entered the game it will attempt to re-download the other planets. Use the pause button to stop the download, then enter the map UI and uncheck the boxes for the planets you have removed and don't want to receive updates from.
It will now no longer try to download these planets, and you can keep on playing as normal.

The arrow I photoshopped in points to the aforementioned checkbox. Select the planets from the drop down menu and uncheck the boxes as mentioned.
View attachment 24659

While this is something many have waited for (leaving aside that is doesn't work), I assume that actually having to log on to the game to configure the download is only a temporary solution?

Quite surprising solution though, because without a doubt, ANYONE that has been asking for this "download in the backround" certainly expected it in the clientloader as many have it open during game play anyway.

Personally I was expecting something like this:

How will it be for new planets? Will we have actually to log on to cancel the download or to download it?

I am little confused about why in heavens name it was placed -inside- the game and NOT the client downloader?????

If it is only a temporary solution don't bother, but an ingame solution is just bad.

I like the not having to download every planet just to play on 1 or 2 of them :)

So i tried deleting planet files to see what would happen.

I logged in, unchecked all territories except calypso proper. Logged out and deleted the 10 next island files in dynamic content and the 9 rocktopia files. Totaled 2.00 gig. Restarted the client and it wanted to redownload 1.37 gig. I let it do it just to see, it redownloaded files number 1-6 for both rocktopia and next island.

So, its doing something.... But, 1.37gig of shared content among those 2 planets? Really? How? They barely have any items as far as im aware; shouldn't most of their data be planet geometry and not shared?

Just a few quick questions.
With the new starting aria for newbies will they get to the Calypso gateway if they take the teleporter to Calypso or has the Calypso gateway fallen away (basically a waste by FPC)?.
If the Gateway has fallen away is there any hunting / mining / sweating tutorials on the new start aria or in PA or has the newbie training experience fallen back in to the stone age of figure it out yourself or ask the community?

Am i the only one failing the login every time because i type the login name as a habit? :laugh:

Will take time to adjust :)

So far, not a fan of the huge file download, but haven't had a chance to actually get into the bits and pieces of the release.

I have a customer at work who is demanding that I give him an answer to a particular question. Well, I don't have an answer, because he's asking about something that isn't known. He can demand all he wants, he's not getting an answer until one exists.

Just a thought.

EDIT = I'm sure MA knows what people want, I just think they don't really know when they will get things done, and every time they predict a date and bust it, it bites them in the butt. So my guess would be MA is taking a page from id Software's playbook and going with "It'll be done when it's done," they just aren't saying it out loud like id would. So SEE can demand anything they want, but that doesn't mean they are going to get a useful response.

I don't know what field you work in mate, but in the place I work, it is very competitive market, and if I can't supply, there are plenty others that will, and would be more than happy to relieve me of my customers. At the very least it's part of my job to get the answers from my suppliers and hound them until I get an answer for my customer. Sitting on my hands and saying..."my supplier can't tell me when" is not acceptable...and i'd be looking for new employment fairly quickly with that attitude. If everyone in my office did that, we'd be out of buisiness pretty soon.
SEE, formally FPC has the obligation to pound on doors and desks to get answers for it's customers. Now that they are finally out from under the MA umbrella, it's time for them to grow a pair and get after MA for some completion dates.

Am i the only one failing the login every time because i type the login name as a habit? :laugh:

Will take time to adjust :)

Personally I prefer not to save the username. Worst case someone breaks in steals my pc and use Hirens boot disk to wipe my user password and be one step closer to cracking my password. They may know that the gold card is a random code generator used for some sort of login and steal it aswell 2 steps closer, Steel a passport or some form of identity document 3 steps closer. Now all they need to do is break in to my e-mail box and the door is wide open to them. If its a common thief your in luck they are way to stupid but if its a good cracker your shit out of luck coz they will likely find a way in given time.

I don't know what field you work in mate, but in the place I work, it is very competitive market, and if I can't supply, there are plenty others that will, and would be more than happy to relieve me of my customers. At the very least it's part of my job to get the answers from my suppliers and hound them until I get an answer for my customer. Sitting on my hands and saying..."my supplier can't tell me when" is not acceptable...and i'd be looking for new employment fairly quickly with that attitude. If everyone in my office did that, we'd be out of buisiness pretty soon.
SEE, formally FPC has the obligation to pound on doors and desks to get answers for it's customers. Now that they are finally out from under the MA umbrella, it's time for them to grow a pair and get after MA for some completion dates.

If you have a sucky supplier you can probably go to another supplier. Not everybody has that luxury.

Customer (to me): I demand an answer!
Me (to higher level): I need an answer!
Higher level (to me): *sound of crickets*
Customer can walk, I really can't. Only the higher level can give me what I need, I cannot go to a different source.

Players (to SEE): We demand an answer!
SEE (to MA): I need an answer!
MA (to SEE): *sound of crickets*
Players can walk, SEE really can't. Only MA can give them what they need, they cannot go to a different source.

So, like I said, SEE can demand whatever they want, but that doesn't mean they'll get a useful response. MA can stonewall them, or give them worthless estimates, or whatever they want, because SEE can't pick up and go to a different platform provider.

If you have a sucky supplier you can probably go to another supplier. Not everybody has that luxury.

Customer (to me): I demand an answer!
Me (to higher level): I need an answer!
Higher level (to me): *sound of crickets*
Customer can walk, I really can't. Only the higher level can give me what I need, I cannot go to a different source.

Players (to SEE): We demand an answer!
SEE (to MA): I need an answer!
MA (to SEE): *sound of crickets*
Players can walk, SEE really can't. Only MA can give them what they need, they cannot go to a different source.

So, like I said, SEE can demand whatever they want, but that doesn't mean they'll get a useful response. MA can stonewall them, or give them worthless estimates, or whatever they want, because SEE can't pick up and go to a different platform provider.

There's always lawsuits...:laugh: If you're not meeting your Contractual Obligation ...The courts are always there...

Granted, I would hate to SEE it come to something like that....cause it would likely be the end of the Universe I love...but when 3'rd party companies are involved and it's their money is on the line...do you suppose they'll sit like sheep and wait for MA's promises for a year or two? Somehow I doubt it. ;)

so not that interesting:mad:

what do you mean, not that interesting?
you guys have been hounding them for MONTHS to be able to disable certain planets from downloading and your be able to filter locations out of auction searches.
now that they finaly add it you gripe about it? ugh! people these days.

Probably I missed something, but it is supposed to be working already?

I deleted the whole EU folder, then it dowloaded the 6 GB package again.
Makes sense as I couldn't tell it to DL Calypso only from outside the game.
So why isnt the planet selection in the client loader but on the ingame map ?
This looks like a workaround, an ingame map should be a map, not a DL slector.

:scratch2:

A new place where we cant even go to ?

Thank you. Genesis. Ah well.

You dont want us to make new accounts ? Nooo ? Are you sure ? xD

Another avatar re-re-re-design possibility ?

Another time waster, totally free...kay, thank you, maybe Ill have a look into it.

Now go and concentrate on Planet Michael !

guys, i don't think you hae the option to not install old files for current planets.
i think the planet selector only effects new updates.

Probably I missed something, but it is supposed to be working already?

I deleted the whole EU folder, then it dowloaded the 6 GB package again.
Makes sense as I couldn't tell it to DL Calypso only from outside the game.
So why isnt the planet selection in the client loader but on the ingame map ?
This looks like a workaround, an ingame map should be a map, not a DL slector.

:scratch2:

I think it has to do with with the new gateway. From my understanding of it newbies can choose what planet to go to from there as a starting planet. The actual complete split will probably come in step 3 where you can download the client and then only select what planet to download while you run around the new gateway. MA probably want to keep the existing planets happy by giving all new avatars all the content they need to step out of the new gateway into any one of the planets. Now while the size is reasonable according to them. It may be possible that step 3 will further enhance the streaming of data allowing you to be on a planet while content is being streamed to you as needed of that planet and not just other planets as now witch would make sense to have at least some pre downloaded content for every planet.

There's always lawsuits...:laugh: If you're not meeting your Contractual Obligation ...The courts are always there...

Granted, I would hate to SEE it come to something like that....cause it would likely be the end of the Universe I love...but when 3'rd party companies are involved and it's their money is on the line...do you suppose they'll sit like sheep and wait for MA's promises for a year or two? Somehow I doubt it. ;)

And as far as a roadmap... A decent project manager should be able to produce a pretty accurate roadmap fairly easily.

Last edited:
Nice VU but, being born Calypsian almost 6 years ago (24 may 2005 of my memory doesn't fail) I see three 3 new arrival zones for Calypsian: Genesis, Gateway and Port Artlantis and that's very good, at the same time, I miss old system working before VU 10.0.0, is MA going to reimplment them in someway??? I red a lot of posts from officials telling us that hangar, taming, beauty, beacons, landgrab are on the way but none from MA told anything about, so I wont read any post from Marco, Hanne, Neverdie, Enzo whatever that tell us they are doing something but not ETA... I woluld like that ETA as soon as possible and posted from MA officials

but when 3'rd party companies are involved and it's their money is on the line...do you suppose they'll sit like sheep and wait for MA's promises for a year or two? Somehow I doubt it. ;)

Hey, I'm not saying it's a great way to do business, but if Calypsians aren't MA's highest priority because they are focused on the expected riches of Planet Pedobear, I can see it being a business decision to focus on things other than what we want...

I don't claim to know what's going on or where priorities are, I'm just saying that a lot of things that seem simple from the outside aren't.

I kind of doubt either SEE or MA is happy to see a player walk away, but that doesn't mean the cost of keeping every player is one they are willing to pay.

And as far as a roadmap... A decent project manager should be able to produce a pretty accurate raodmap fairly easily.

There are a lot of assumptions in that statement.

Just a few quick questions.
With the new starting aria for newbies will they get to the Calypso gateway if they take the teleporter to Calypso or has the Calypso gateway fallen away (basically a waste by FPC)?.
If the Gateway has fallen away is there any hunting / mining / sweating tutorials on the new start aria or in PA or has the newbie training experience fallen back in to the stone age of figure it out yourself or ask the community?

The new Genesis area essentially replaces the old avatar creation area, with added functionality of being able to walk, chat to other, and receive basic instruction on movement keys and how to use chat.

There are no hunting/mining/sweating tutorials on Genesis.

New players who choose Calypso move from Genesis to Gateway. The Calypso Community Advisers will continue to man that area, to answer questions about the hunting/mining/crafting misions there, or give any other help we can to the new Calypso players.

Once they've done all the Gateway missions they can , the new Calypso players then move on thru the teleporter to Calypso proper - normally to Port Atlantis Marina.

Hey, I'm not saying it's a great way to do business, but if Calypsians aren't MA's highest priority because they are focused on the expected riches of Planet Pedobear, I can see it being a business decision to focus on things other than what we want...

I don't claim to know what's going on or where priorities are, I'm just saying that a lot of things that seem simple from the outside aren't.

I kind of doubt either SEE or MA is happy to see a player walk away, but that doesn't mean the cost of keeping every player is one they are willing to pay.

Heh, I get what you're saying mate. But the days when MA could do whatever they damn well please, like it or lump it changed the day they signed contracts with 3'rd parties for BIG money. :) Most of us got the point that MA would say F U, you'll get it when we get it...when it was their own company and their own planet.
FPC, and NPC, even NI are taited by having a close personal relationship with MA..."we better not rock the boat."
I have my doubts that Cyrene, or Arkadia, and even SEE are going to be willing to lay back and listen to shitty excuses...they layed out real money in contracts with MA to provide the platform for their games/planets....the heat is on MA now...so now we'll SEE if they are up to the task...

I honestly hope so....but i'd be lying if I said I had confidence at this point. But then MA hasn't given us much hope over the last couple of years that they can handle it...

But we're waiting...I'd love to be proven wrong...just for the record.

Then I could log in again.
I miss it...My friends and the game. ;)

"Aiming in OTS (Over The Shoulder) view is now more accurate."

:scratch: still no change there, FIX IT :mad:

Back