Results from the inactive participants hunting event April 27-29

Status
Tracker fortune telling FTW.

Look at my tracker. I have whooping 3 Daikiba globals. And in that period i did smashed 5000+ of them.

And?

If you would only read whole post.....

Although globals are not direct representation of activity on mob, I think that with such massive event for such mammoth prizes there would be more happening on those mobs.
Doesn't exactly look like 1000+ player event outcome to me...

Tracker fortune telling FTW.

Look at my tracker. I have whooping 3 Daikiba globals. And in that period i did smashed 5000+ of them.

And?

Don't tell me that MA would come out and say:

"OH the tracker is not perfect... and didn't capture the bigger HOF by Thorkell Wizze Viking!!"

"OH the tracker is not perfect... and didnt' capture the bigger HOF by Thorkell Wizze Viking!!"

That one is actually way too easy to check if they would go there.

First place looks rigged since the second place had a higher hof. If you skipped this for any reason, only shows that you just don't care about your player base. Such a mistake in a marketing event is outrageous.

It makes me wonder who the announced winner is... Is he working for MA? Is he a friend or relative of someone who works for MA? If he is not, how can such a thing happen? Is not the type of mistake that can come out of a search in a database performed by an algorithm. And if it is... how can you have a license to make any type of software?

as more and more time passess without a simple plausible explanation... i'm more inclining to believe in the conspiracy theory....

well drew's point is the the daikiba is tiny mob that just does not global often, that there were two hofs in such a short space of time seems to indicate activity to me

as more and more time passess without a simple plausible explanation... i'm more inclining to believe in the conspiracy theory....

You always believe the conspiracy theories tho :laugh:

:silly2:

well drew's point is the the daikiba is tiny mob that just does not global often, that there were two hofs in such a short space of time seems to indicate activity to me

That is true and I did say in original post that I'm aware globals are not direct measure of activity.
But with 1000+ 'additional' hunters concentrating on those 4 mobs, I would still expect more globals.

My first thought was that MA screwed up and all they need to do is to remedy this is to either switch first and second place around or make up for their mistake by giving Lizzie a extra prize, then when i saw that you had posted a screen shot from the tracker my first thought was to look at the time, but you had cut that part off, when i looked on the tracker Lizzie's hof is at 20 to 12 on sunday evening, knowing MA has a bit of a problem with effective communication it seemed to me that either they neglected to mention the time the event ended, or the south-american MA employee finished work early on sunday, sent the results to MA in sweden, nobody at MA checked the times and a mistake is made :)

there are other possibilities than a massive conspiracy to "cheat" returning players and those that still play.
There is one important thing to note here, when there is a conspiracy there is something to be gained by the conspirators, what does MA possibly gain from rigging a competition like this in the way that is being suggested? Who benefits? This is meant to be marketing, marketing is meant to make you look good in the eyes of those you are targeting?

That is true and I did say in original post that I'm aware globals are not direct measure of activity.
But with 1000+ 'additional' hunters concentrating on those 4 mobs, I would still expect more globals.

More than 1000 hunters accepted the invitation, nowhere does it say that 1000 participants spent those days constantly hunting? Or that 1000 participants even participated?

Last edited:
More than 1000 hunters accepted the invitation, nowhere does it say that 1000 participants spent those days constantly hunting? Or that 1000 participants even participated?

Or that they indeed focused on those mobs... They may have started with killing a few Daikiba and then went "Meh I don't have a chance anyway" and gone to do something else :)

This must be problem with my english (third language) - as I do understand "accepted the invitation" as 'they took part in event'. What it can mean apart of that?

Or that they indeed focused on those mobs... They may have started with killing a few Daikiba and then went "Meh I don't have a chance anyway" and gone to do something else :)

Indeed, and this is marketing, you dont get 100% response in marketing, 10% or 20% with anything more being a huge success? If 10% stay and resume their participation thats 100 returning customers

This must be problem with my english (third language) - as I do understand "accepted the invitation" as 'they took part in event'. What it can mean apart of that?

To me that means that they sent out a mail, 1000 people responded we want to join the competition, now after that response to the mail it is anybodies guess how many actually actively competed compared to say actively competing in mayhem and the decay that brings with it.

30K PED in prices, 1000 players - that's 30 PED per player.

But we have ONE confirmed returning player so far. :laugh:

I think you could have made that one guy returning by promising him a 5K loot, that would've been much cheaper - or better yet, not stripping his PED card down to zero oh so often...

However, no matter how i twist it, it doesn't sound like a good deal to me - but let's chalk it up as "worth a try".

To me that means that they sent out a mail, 1000 people responded we want to join the competition, now after that response to the mail it is anybodies guess how many actually actively competed compared to say actively competing in mayhem and the decay that brings with it.

That could be a case.
But if not many took part despite such massive prize, that would tell us something as well.

It's a shame we can only speculate on most things here in EU, due to lack of official statements or statements with useful statistics.

It's a shame we can only speculate on most things here in EU, due to lack of official statements or statements with useful statistics.

Charlie said at Solfais yesterday that over 500 players who participated in this event are still active ingame now... at least that is one statistic :silly2:

Offering a hunting set of full tt L armour, L weopen & L fap would have sufficed for this marketing effort, it may even have prompted the winners to use them afterwards as well, and not just withdraw which is what anyone who has quit will do if they get given $2k.

I dont like seeing this pot of CLD gold being squanderd, even though done with good intention, it isnt a sensible choice of reward considering the audience it was aimed at.

That could be a case.
But if not many took part despite such massive prize, that would tell us something as well.

well speculation is one thing i just dont see how that has to turn into the wildest conspiracies.
And your other point about costs v. results, advertising is often seen as "the devil" in business circles, you are damned if you do and damned if you dont, it is quite common to see companies spend 8-10% of their revenue on marketing without really knowing beforehand if the result will be what they wish for.

I did. I read always carefully.

I repeat - before my mining even was started, I did hunts on small shit quite a lot. Snables, exas, daikis - all that crap. HoFs? What? Globals? Hell no. Max what I got, it was some 20+ pedder snablesnot. And I "cycled" quite a lot for that time. And anyway, my first "global" on tracker is 14k lyst, haha.

I know, how hunting on small mobs looks like. If there will be "event" - there will be NO damn signs of it. That small stuff is very rare globalling. And, by the way - it's clear sign, that MOST CLD REVENUE generated by... noobs.

Next: 1000 people. MA have numbers. MA know average deposit size. If that size is - 20 bucks we getting... holy shit. $20000?!

Mammoth prizes 2k? (there must be picture of gigantic, toothless smile)

"OH the tracker is not perfect... and didn't capture the bigger HOF by Thorkell Wizze Viking!!"

I don't want to waste time anymore, and will not look in THAT problem. Even if THAT problem exists - MA will solve it. But stated was what? BIGGEST HOF or... 3 LAST BIGGEST?

Anyway, I don't give F about it. There was F-situation with Jasonich AP uber - and they solved it. If you think - that they solve it just cause of shitstorm - make your own, with different fonts and colors (more unreadable - better), force those tyrans to pay!

Many of the responses to this effort of MindArk's to gain valuable feedback and encourage inactive users to rejoin Entropia Universe perplex and sadden me.

It is common practice for businesses to reach out to former customers, especially in the computer gaming industry. I'm sure many of you have received emails with special promotions from subscription-based games encouraging you to reactivate your subscription and start playing again. Our effort with the survey to inactive participants was very similar.

In our case, we made a focused effort to reach out to formerly inactive EU participants and solicit their feedback on ways we can improve Entropia Universe. To help encourage participation in our survey and encourage inactive participants to become active once again in EU, we offered some Alienware gift cards as prizes in a hunting event to those who participated in the survey. The response to this effort was very good, and quite a few of those contacted are now once again active participants.

All in all, the survey and hunting event was an extremely cost-effective way of accomplishing both goals--receiving valuable feedback and increasing the number of active participants-- which benefits all participants of Entropia Universe and helps MindArk improve the overall user experience. Thus I am confused why some of you are complaining so strongly?

Finally, I would like to point out that our plan was always to conduct a survey aimed at active participants as well. Invitations to participate in that survey will be sent out to active participants within the next 10 days or so. Those taking part in the survey will be invited to participate in a similar hunting event with similar prizes as was done for inactive participants.

Last edited:
Rewarding people for not playing is bound to irk those of us who have been online losing money, obvious I would have thought Mr Mindark, don't you agree?

HA!
*SLAP!
"What are you gonna do about it, NOT depo? Yea right!"

-Jan Welters

Tippin'

Offering a hunting set of full tt L armour, L weopen & L fap would have sufficed for this marketing effort, it may even have prompted the winners to use them afterwards as well, and not just withdraw which is what anyone who has quit will do if they get given $2k.

I dont like seeing this pot of CLD gold being squanderd, even though done with good intention, it isnt a sensible choice of reward considering the audience it was aimed at.

I won't mind if they use this $2k gift card to buy a new pc to give it to a new MA employee to work with!
I think that'd have been the smartest (althought sleezy... and I dont' approve that) thing to do!

However, as it stands now I dont' think MA has any other choices but give it to the true winner!

Last edited:
I dont like seeing this pot of CLD gold being squanderd

Isn't "squandered" a bit of an overstatement when they used 0.05% of the money on an effort to gain more users?

One that, according to MindArk and Charlie (which are the only numbers we know and the ones we therefore have to go after) got 1000 people to return, at least 500 of which are still active (or was yesterday)?

0.05% that will be completely returned to the game if those 500 people deposit an average of 60PED each :rolleyes:

Many of the responses to this effort of MindArk's to gain valuable feedback and encourage inactive users to rejoin Entropia Universe perplex and sadden me.

Thus I am confused why some of you are complaining so strongly?

I understand its discouraging when you try to do something right and the response is not what you hoped for. I can explain why people respond the way they do, its quite simple, MA has a history of bad customer relations, questionable decisions, and a terrible record when it comes to fixing problems that effect the player base, couple this with a lack of communication and this is the result.
While reputations can be destroyed in a instance rebuilding that same reputation can take years and years of hard work while labouring with this poor reputation, this is not a easy thing to do.

Maybe the next time someone has a bright idea at the office, like "rebalancing" the ores on calypso,the first question should be, how will this look to our customers, will they see why this as a good idea, and how do we communicate this effectively :)

Finally, I would like to point out that our plan was always to conduct a survey aimed at active participants as well. Invitations to participate in that survey will be sent out to active participants within the next 10 days or so. Those taking part in the survey will be invited to participate in a similar hunting event with similar prizes as was done for inactive participants.
Since this and the coming one is an MA event, why was it only Calypso mobs on the list? (or shared mobs if you like that word better)

I understand its discouraging when you try to do something right and the response is not what you hoped for. I can explain why people respond the way they do, its quite simple, MA has a history of bad customer relations, questionable decisions, and a terrible record when it comes to fixing problems that effect the player base, couple this with a lack of communication and this is the result.
While reputations can be destroyed in a instance rebuilding that same reputation can take years and years of hard work while labouring with this poor reputation, this is not a easy thing to do.

Maybe the next time someone has a bright idea at the office, like "rebalancing" the ores on calypso,the first question should be, how will this look to our customers, will they see why this as a good idea, and how do we communicate this effectively :)

There you go perplexed MA employee..
Do you understand now??

Since this and the coming one is an MA event, why was it only Calypso mobs on the list? (or shared mobs if you like that word better)

Probably because these were old inactive players (maybe from before the planets and space came?) and the rewards were taken from the CLD money? :dunno:

It is common practice for businesses to reach out to former customers, especially in the computer gaming industry. I'm sure many of you have received emails with special promotions from subscription-based games encouraging you to reactivate your subscription and start playing again. Our effort with the survey to inactive participants was very similar.

Yes, many of us understood that.. although some might have questioned the cost effectiveness of this approach!

However, you or anybody else from MA/Calypso, have failed to give an explanation of the inconsistency regarding the 1st prize winner.

I saw Kim in this thread at least 2 times after the issue was raised! Now, you've posted but remained totally silent about the issue! Why?

If it was not a rigged event, why is it so difficult to give a simple plausible explanation?

Trust on MA... players dont' have much!

... and whatever is remaining... MA is losing it fast based on some of the events during the past few months!

You've raised $ 6,000,000 from this player base... and treating them like this!

Last edited:

A result of comprehension problems? I think most here made their point very clear.

Sure, and it's a good thing - it's just... nobody really understands why you treat INACTIVE players better than ACTIVE players.

Sorry, i don't buy that - i am playing for over 5 years, you never had a problem with taking my PEDs and giving 3 day old newbs fat towers or giving cool expensive items to ubers.

Even if you PLANNED that, let me tell you:
It was the wrong order. You clearly have a priority problem over at MA office:

FIRST of all, take care of faithful customers who pay your bills, THEN you can care about those who already abandoned EU...

Or are the rumours true and you see active mid level players only as milking cows?
That would actually explain the priority issues...

Or are the rumours true and you see active mid level players only as milking cows?
That would actually explain the priority issues...

Indeed :)

And I've seen a lot of Cash cow in EU, including myself! :(

Status
Back