Results from the inactive participants hunting event April 27-29

Status
got my HOF for not playing as well.....ASUS ATI 6950 w/2 GB GPU.....If I dont depo next month....maybe two 32 inch monitors as well :banana:

hehe, I have not been playing for months now and got a few huge hofs.
Car, home theatre room setup, new gaming rig :)

I am considering coming back, but seeing all this thread it is the same bullshit over and over and what is worse, I found out that they took the last markupable goodies away from argo and drones. /sigh

~ Viper

I know everyone has different opinions on the event, but here is a perspective of someone who participated in the event. For background I started in EU back in May of 06 played pretty regularly with low deposits for a couple years and in an out since then. Past couple years been mostly out other than to log in to prevent account deletion.

I really appreciated getting a survey from MA. I know they should read the forums and be listening to everyone who plays all the time, I agree with you. But it was nice to be able to provide feedback directly to them. The survey and the CLD's are what brought me back to Entropia.

Results of the survey - I have deposited several hundred dollars since then, participated in the event and hunted more than I have in years especially since I mostly mine. I of course lost money on the event, but had fun doing it. I plan on participating a fair amount for the forseeable future and am looking at investing significantly more money in the game (well relatively significant for me).

I have to assume that at least 10 other players followed my same path which should pay for the event. Anything we spend after that is gravy for entropia. Not to mention I am the type person who automatically advertises for whatever I am involved with and in the past have brought in a couple players.

I agree with everyone that communication(s) can improve, but that will always be the case in any business. I appreciate that they are trying to improve and that's worth a lot. We have come a long way from what it was like in 06. I hope the active player survey and event provides what most of you are looking for.

My 2 pecs.

Very nice post!! Thank you for doing so!! Gl with your adventures!! :D

I n reference to JC's post...he IS a moderator...there is no excuse for posting in the same manner as those he's supposed to censure. People everywhere hold positions of reposibilty without losing their cool. It's just un-professional.

No, his reaction shows he's a good moderator. He lowered himself to a level where he could reach the avarage poster in this thread. Ãnd that is low! And in this matter I stand 100% behind him.

Ok, there might be enough reasons to compain and whine but foremost, this was not the thread to do it in. I'm sick of reading all this negativity as well. Everybod is constanty whining that MA does to little. Now they do something and people start crapping all over it.

If I was a new player and I would read this thread, I would find me another game. Is that what you all want? Let's promote this game by crapping on everything MA brnigs to life.

Sadly, it's maybe just a dozen or so people who fuck it up for the rest with their negativity. Well, big depositors or not, can't you all just leave the game and forum? Obviously you whiners don't like the game anyway, so please leave and make room for more positive and constructive people.

Sure, everybody complains every now and then, it's human, but this thread is just sickening with disgustly jeaousy, envy and frustration. Make a whine thread for gods sake and vent there.

This thread was to congratulate the winners and welcome back the old players.

Bunch of whiners!

HOLY JESUS FUCK, YOU COMPLAINING IDIOTS ARE MAKING ME WANT TO PUKE!!!!!!!

(Fair warning: This is John Teacher Capital the Entropia player speaking this. This is NOT a forum moderator action in any way.)

MA: Hey, part of our marketing campaign seems to be getting good initial results
Forum reader: You better not be spending any of that money until I get better loot!

MA: We tried to buy back a few inactive players, hoping as a group, they'll deposit more than we spent.
Forum reader: You're ignoring your players!

MA: We're trying to improve things
Forum reader: You fucked things up so bad we can never trust you again. (Give me more loot and I'll forgive you until loot sucks again.)

I mean seriously???? Do none of you get it? Why'd they offer a few $k in prizes? Because they understood that with a big incentive, the chances were good that most of the losers would deposit and spend enough to pay for the prize them self. Oh and maybe some of them would even stay and, yep, deposit even more.

Forum reader: They ran a contest for non-participants, but not us?
AS WE SPEAK you can enter a contest to win, of all things an imp fap. And you're pissed about a free gfx card that was likely donated to begin with?

I also recall not too long ago back-to-back-to-back events. Migration, robot attack, Atrox Queens, etc. etc. etc and guess what? Yep, a bunch of you complained that MA was doing too many events.

Fucking whiny ass retarded bastards, the whole bunch of you.

Yes, it looks like they messed up the rankings. Can anyone tell me the last Merry mayhem or other event they've run where the list of winners was right? Yeah MA screws up. I'm guessing they're looking into it. But since you're so important, they have to us every little detail.

Forum reader: They don't tell us anything!!
Forum reader: Why did they even tell us about this?!!? Now I'm just mad!

MA can't ever win with you folks.
Forum reader: Now they know how we feel. :lolup:

Christ I got SOOO much more I want to say but I am so damned pissed right now, I have no idea how I stayed this coherent to begin with.

"Don't do anything for us players" PotE Armor, imp fap, Warthog, Adj Rip, and like 10 other prizes.

Fuck I want to quit this game and this forum right now.

This is precisely what is wrong that they do like input lot of uber items in the game with lot of events, the only thing is that they creates inflation of prices on this items and many ppl lose money because of that.

I have a letter from support where they never will do that because they are a credible company that would never do this to his players, justification is that otherwise would not dare to invest.

And if you look at what this do to get new "old" players is computer items who not affect prices in the game, so they give good items to players who is not making the effort like stay in the game and continue to struggle with everything the game offers and do a lot of deposits, the only MA gives them is that they lose money because they have been loyal and stayed in the game.

[...]

F you too John Capital, I don't care who you are (nothing, in my book, after that rant applauded by some). You should perma ban yourself for this kind of language, a rabid dog would have more integrity as "moderator" on this forum. And having a quote in signature asking for civility is even worse..

You can ban my account here I don't care, but after you sober up you own this community an apology. You cannot hide under the pretext oh, I was the ava in the game not the moderator - even that does not qualify the language.

You don't get it - most of the active players are losing big lately. We who don't participate in the robot event as is for high-damage players only, we have very few incentives left to continue and I think we have a right to complain. If MA brags about 1000 players returning and 500 staying, it means 500 is something important relative to the total number of players - which in turn shows things are BAD. What you think will happen with those returning players after they get 40-50% loot? Depo more? MA made a marketing stunt instead of addressing the root of the problem players are leaving - the high cost of playing.

The game is full of bugs, yet the focus is to mess all the time with the graphics and textures updates which makes the game unplayable without upgrading the hardware.

And why complaining about something is always "whining"? Look, I'll whine now: shooting allos - 40% loot, shooting feffs 40-50% loot (regeneration with no shame on those two, good job MA), shoot hiryuu no loot at all, argo I gave up, mining 30 NRF in a row... WHAT?

And I know that at least one of the "positive-thinking" people posting on this very thread has no activity at all lately, just hang in Twin or PA or in Cyrene talking all-knowing crap all the time.

Today I'll do the feff cave mission again. If from those 45 ped needed, I'll come back again with a 30-25 ped loss, I will know what to do. I'm rather a small-shot player by any means, but at least a dedicated one taking small steps. I think I'll make a big step soon and take my "whiny" ass somewhere else.

Today I'll do the feff cave mission again. If from those 45 ped needed, I'll come back again with a 30-25 ped loss, I will know what to do. I'm rather a small-shot player by any means, but at least a dedicated one taking small steps. I think I'll make a big step soon and take my "whiny" ass somewhere else.

Instead of complaining, you should consider asking the community for help to improve your gameplay. Seems i spend 30 peds max on feff cave mission.

F you too John Capital, I don't care who you are (nothing, in my book, after that rant applauded by some). You should perma ban yourself for this kind of language, a rabid dog would have more integrity as "moderator" on this forum. And having a quote in signature asking for civility is even worse..

You can ban my account here I don't care, but after you sober up you own this community an apology. You cannot hide under the pretext oh, I was the ava in the game not the moderator - even that does not qualify the language.

You don't get it - most of the active players are losing big lately. We who don't participate in the robot event as is for high-damage players only, we have very few incentives left to continue and I think we have a right to complain. If MA brags about 1000 players returning and 500 staying, it means 500 is something important relative to the total number of players - which in turn shows things are BAD. What you think will happen with those returning players after they get 40-50% loot? Depo more? MA made a marketing stunt instead of addressing the root of the problem players are leaving - the high cost of playing.

The game is full of bugs, yet the focus is to mess all the time with the graphics and textures updates which makes the game unplayable without upgrading the hardware.

And why complaining about something is always "whining"? Look, I'll whine now: shooting allos - 40% loot, shooting feffs 40-50% loot (regeneration with no shame on those two, good job MA), shoot hiryuu no loot at all, argo I gave up, mining 30 NRF in a row... WHAT?

And I know that at least one of the "positive-thinking" people posting on this very thread has no activity at all lately, just hang in Twin or PA or in Cyrene talking all-knowing crap all the time.

He has a point. Everyone complains no matter what changes or happens. Loot changes? People are 50% ok, 50% against. Guess which ones post on the forum? If you read too much of this whiny crap (like yours), it gets to you, you start getting really annoyed. So here's your post review:
- Active players losing big. We can see this where? Did you look at some numbers or is it a feeling in your or their spleen or pancreas that the "losings" are big?
- Robot event is open for EVERYONE, people are using Opalos even. Yes, you need 3-4 ubers to take down Hydra, but besides that everyone can loot high end loot (like X components, robot flares, unique items, cool armors and weapons which albeit cheap are quite good)
- High cost of playing and low loot returns. Yes, this game costs 2.5$ an hour after lvl 30, for the average player. You can increase this by amping and enhancing your stuff, or rolling costly BPs. But you can still reduce this cost if you are a bit smart and do a little extra over the average player. You can even profit if you do your research. About loot returns, do you have some numbers? Did you log anything? I don't believe anyone gets less than 60% long term return unless they have numbers to show me.

MA needs a good PR personnel...and I can recommend you as my first choice! :)

He already is an employee of MindArk, we just don't know it yet. :silly2:

In response to JC rant:
First time I've seen him go off like this, let it be. Everyone has their off days and he has to deal with petty forum drama day in, day out too. That drama is rather numeorus and unstoppable. You'd get angry too after seeing that and whining day in, day out on top of it.

To thread:
Congrats to the winners.
Active players didn't need to know about this, it didn't concern them one bit.
I hope more of these events are done to increase player activity on top of recruiting new players.

Instead of complaining, you should consider asking the community for help to improve your gameplay. Seems i spend 30 peds max on feff cave mission.

I know why I spend so much, I should use an amp to get rid of that shameful regeneration fast - which I'm not willing to pay. Frankly if in order to afford some fun in this game means reading forums and pedias 3 hours per day, as I did many months, is not fun.

A better solution would be MA to bring back the loot of the old and not let those 5 A-103 and 10 A-104 in AH at the hands of the same AH zombies over and over again.

And it was not about loot in this thread, I bring it up because of the disgusting posts above me and it was wrong. Was about the idea to bring 500-1000 older players in game by promising them a quite handsome sum (I suppose they picked up depositors), doing it without active players knowledge (why?) while I have discussions daily with at least 10 people in game about bad loot. They don't come on forums, but be assured they are well aware of their ped card.

For the record, I strongly disagree with the idea of ATH or 4-5 digit hofs (even I got one) - this is one of the reasons MA is forced(?) to give crap loot to many players, just to pay big a few for marketing purposes. It does not work well, they are in the red afaik until I see the next financial report.

Now excuse me, I do not wish to waste any of you folks valuable time on this forum until JC does not issue that apology.

See, moderator can be human too!

Christ I got SOOO much more I want to say but I am so damned pissed right now, I have no idea how I stayed this coherent to begin with.

You know, best part of this post is signature:

Reminder about Courtesy and Politeness

Happy hoffing everybody.

Yes baby!
So many people that play this game claim they are here for the community!
I love it!

I know why I spend so much, I should use an amp to get rid of that shameful regeneration fast - which I'm not willing to pay. Frankly if in order to afford some fun in this game means reading forums and pedias 3 hours per day, as I did many months, is not fun.

So your problem is failing at math, not being able to calculate simple payoff numbers? Also, you don't need to continuously reread the information, you can do it once, put together a setup and then use it.

Its not as if anybody is forcing you to do the feffoid cave, or the daily hunter or the daily poacher missions.

Well I think most ppl dont mean the whole community, at least I dont.

My FL contains mostly people who dont have their periode everytime MA makes something good or bad, they still believe in the game and have a positive attitude, even if things go bad sometimes, it´s ok if ppl vent one time, but PCF contains so many guys who don´t love the game anymore, yet play it, for unkown reasons and they try to drag everyone else to their anger-level again and again.

There´s another "RCE" if u can even call it that, and their official forum has way stricter rules, they try to prevent flaming and trolling everywhere cause it casts a shadow not just over the forum, also over the whole game, and whole EU isnt bad, that´s just not true.

Wouldnt be surprised if MindArk/PP finally buys the forum and makes it Alcatraz with heavy restrictions, or 711 just says f.ck it and gives it to MA, or the few mods stop.

Anyway, that inactive-event maybe wasnt the best idea but they do something at least, they wanna finally understand playerbase again, they show interest, Charlie and Kim are quite active reading lots of forum posts and stuff, and they even answer some things, this didnt happen before since a long time.

And there´s a nice event with bots going on, lower players can participate and hunt those huge-uber mobs now cause of shared loot, I like that those also get a chance looting robot parts, even if they just wanna sell it afterwards, thats cool.

Or we could work on making this forum community what it was a few years ago before the idiots were allowed to run riot. Remember when we could have some intelligent discussion without a thread being instantly consumed by bitching, whining, flaming, trolling, inanity and stupidity?

Two thumbs up for JC. And two thumbs up to MA for the event.

I too typed up a whole long diatribe, but I can see it would be pointless to post it. I just wish that those of you who clearly hate the game so much would go away and leave the rest of us to play in peace.

The event MA did for inactive players is ok imo but there are a few things that bother me.
Firstly, inactive players should not be rewarded RL items as prizes on top of HoFs they got.
Second thing is, i understand many people feel being left behind since the event was organized for the inactive players only, how about u organize some events with such prizes for active players?
Not that i care much, since im in process of chiping out, but what exactly is MA doing for people that are in same situation as me?
Not much i tell you, had 9 consecutive runs of 50-60 % return on crafting in 4 days, MA throwing events for inactive players and losing semi-active players at same time, grats MA.

funny thing is when u experess your concernsyou get this:

Hi Majstorex,

We respect your feelings on this matter and if you feel that the Entropia Universe can not live up to your expectations, there is not much we can say or do to change this feeling.
Since we have already given you all the information we can about this issue and there is nothing more we can add to the subject, we will now close this case. We have informed the design team about your feelings on this matter and your remarks will be included in the general evaluation.

Kind regards,
George | Planet Calypso Support

and to all you dudes getting upset over the negativity on this forum, ffs are u so addicted to this game you fail to see forum is the reflection of current state of universe ?

and to all you dudes getting upset over the negativity on this forum, ffs are u so addicted to this game you fail to see forum is the reflection of current state of universe ?

That´s the point, u believe everyone makes minus or isnt satisfied with his loot, even if it´s a loss as long as he has fun.

The ones who are doing ok and really good(and there´s a lot) remain silent and don´t talk much about their profit, but the opposite always gathers in pcf.com cause they don´t have those "secrets".

T

Hi Majstorex,

We respect your feelings on this matter and if you feel that the Entropia Universe can not live up to your expectations, there is not much we can say or do to change this feeling.
Since we have already given you all the information we can about this issue and there is nothing more we can add to the subject, we will now close this case. We have informed the design team about your feelings on this matter and your remarks will be included in the general evaluation.

Kind regards,
George | Planet Calypso Support

I know exactly what I've to do with a response like that!

Adjust and evolve....in my way.. .and in my own terms..... :)

MA only took Dave's idea and made "Banana" of it,when will MA start to think.:confused:

Based on the people I interact with in EU, this is not the case. The fact that a number of extremely vocal people on the forums are always complaining does not reflect my personal experience in the actual game. People are always more vocal when they are complaining.

IMO, the reason the volume has increased is because EU is going through a lot of changes, and change will always upset the inflexible. I just wish they'd hurry up and go already. Although if the past is anything to go by they'll still come on PCF everyday to bitch and whine.

And to all the dudes shitting all over the forum within their moronic whining, are you so emotionally damaged that you enjoy being miserable? If I felt about EU and MA the way you claim to, I would be gone in a heartbeat.

Is it because you're too heavily invested? YOUR fault.
Is it because you can't find anything else to do with your time? YOUR fault.

Take responsibility for your own shit. MA is what it always has been, an imperfect, amateurish, poorly managed company that happens to make a game that I very much enjoy. I take the good with the bad, and if the bad outweighs the good then I will leave, and do other things that I enjoy.

The ones who are doing ok and really good(and there´s a lot) remain silent and don´t talk much about their profit, but the opposite always gathers in pcf.com cause they don´t have those "secrets".

There is also the very large group that doesn't profit, but understands that grown-ups have to pay for entertainment. I have many of these on my FL who don't post of PCF, mostly because it's apparently filled with whining children.

This relatively minor expense is best viewed as part of our increased marketing efforts. Does it really make a difference in what manner the money was spent? Would you have been happier if we spent the money on banners regardless of how effective it was in bringing in more players?

Isn't the important factor how much we had to pay for each additional active user?

Our strategy isn't solely focused on bringing in new players but also on bringing back old players and after all, everyone benefits if the number of players increase.

/Edit

Maybe I should have been more clear, my point was that everyone benefits if the number of active players increase.

Ok, maybe going back to near the beginning can help you understand, ok Kim?
(I wrote the second ok to make it clear I am talking TO Kim, otherwise the sentence may be understood as 'understanding Kim' - little differences can make a big difference in understanding: that is almost just a side comment, but please note it - think of how a sentence 'can' be understood and try and make sure it's likely to be just one way for as many ppl as possible).

I am also not happy that you are confused and upset, so back to your reply:
Does it really make a difference in what manner the money was spent? A big YES
Would you have been happier if we spent the money on banners regardless of how effective it was in bringing in more players? Of course not. Our point is not about being even less happy if you did something worse, we are unhappy with what you did do!

Isn't the important factor how much we had to pay for each additional active user? The calculation is not valid if you manage to lose active players at the same time, or even lose them directly as a consequence of an event. It is probably incalcuble, but you can get an idea of the downside from forum threads like this one!

Our strategy isn't solely focused on bringing in new players but also on bringing back old players and after all, everyone benefits if the number of players increase.
You do not mention not losing active players at all here. It shows that in your answer you are getting your PRIORITIES wrong, at least as far as most ppl here are concerned - and we are your active players - still!

So, maybe your logic is that you weren't intending to look at us with your action. EXACTLY that would be our point.
Let's just imagine you have a friend who is unhappy with the attention you are giving them. You decide you are not paying ppl enough attention, indeed, and then start holding open doors for people, maybe people who used to be your friend, but still not for your actual friend who is upset. Is that friend likely to be more or less happy as a result of you being a slightly better person now?
At best, I'd expect the reaction to be mixed. The question is your PRIORITIES - who are you paying attention to and in what order of importance?

Before any answers saying that this post looks like active users being egoistic and me, me, me, I think we are probably rather more fed up of things being NOT me, NOT me, NOT me, not listened to, not informed well, not considered apparently so much of the time. It is thus all the more important who you finally hold a door open to first, after you begin to understand....
this is why so many people have jumped on this in my opinion!

Please confirm briefly having read my post at least, Kim, as it has been an effort to type it. I thank you for reading it, obviously too! Do you understand my post?

Last edited:
You do not mention not losing active players at all here.

I'm not Kim, as you, hopefully, can see.

You know - every whining mofo claiming about "losing active players". You have any fucking numbers? Where you get that info? Why every fucking whiner starting to call himself "active"? When I see that "active" player at tracker it's:

0 of 3445, 0 of 2344, 0 of 1222

Ofc, tracker isn't direct sign of activity, I know. But 99.9% of whiners is like that. Other ones - very often at TOP positions in tracker, always calculating some fucking "average globals" and such crap, reporting about fucking insane turnovers, meanwhile doesn't give a fuck about MU of shit which they are looting, resulting in total suckotage.

But they addicted so much, so they even doesn't think to CHANGE their mindset.

And all those "quitters" whine, whine, whine for years. They love the game, and whine anyway. Even those "super-unlucky" avas prefer to continue their whining, instead of quit.

So, again - where is that fucking indicator, which show you "shrinking playerbase"? Amount of whiners on PCF? That's all?

Iif you DON'T have those numbers, maybe better then those, who have them will decide about their "priorities"?

i really think you are loosing the point.
I mean there was an event and many players have expressed their opinion about. Like always happen there are people that are happy and people the are unhappy about.
it looks to me reductive to consider the people that are not happy about this event like negative, whining etcetc It s just a way to don t discuss point by point their observations.

personally i found this market strategy a non win move.
--First it was very cryptic....for what reason? we had event skills based so it s clear that MA can code some to maintain away players that are not registered to the event
--1000 thousand inactive player come back??? it looks incredible. So incredible that should be interest of MA to make this public as much as they can, but it was not the case
--give away thousand of $ item to inactive player when many of us has never looted nothing good?? i m happy that you are ok with that, i don t consider this smart. And around you can see the consequences.
--MA now will create now some event for the active players (probably because of the people reaction)? very good!, but i agree with wizzszz, the order should be the contrary. First you take care to who have guarantee your income during the past years, than you will try to get back the inactive players.
--etcetc read the tread

from a biologic point of view no one of those sentences should have effect on the gastro intestinal system of anyone inducing vomiting..... so instead to insult people it should be the case to have a discussion about the matters point by point.
Adult people do that.

Take responsibility for your own shit. MA is what it always has been, an imperfect, amateurish, poorly managed company that happens to make a game that I very much enjoy. I take the good with the bad, and if the bad outweighs the good then I will leave, and do other things that I enjoy.

I also enjoy it in the main - and I still believe the platform has one of the greatest potentials to even change the World for the better! This is why it is not just about my 'enjoyment' - i.e. something that I am not attached to emotionally and ideally, and just having fun doing.
In saying - take responsibility - does that mean that the people commenting here should try and come together and do their own thing together? If you are saying we cannot have an effect on MA over time, then we cannot even have any hope to improve the situation through our ...'yes, it's criticism'.
I also believe you are saying you wish to take no responsibility in that if the bad outweighs the good you will simply leave. However, you have also taken time to post your thoughts here, so thank you very much for that from me.

Ofc, tracker isn't direct sign of activity, I know. But 99.9% of whiners is like that.

It's strange how you put in a figure that I imagine you have no stats for, but ask for stats from those who obviously don't have access to what you ask for either, but also didn't try to put a figure on it. I have reasoned that ppl leaving is likely to be an important factor in the overall calculation.

The IMPRESSION is that the likelihood is high that ppl who have been active are leaving at a certain rate. This can be friends on FL who either stay away and a whole host of other non-impiric indicators. I don't believe this event, in its timing or execution, has helped here - and from the comments (whether backed up by action or not), it is likely to have had a negative influence on part of the overall calculation.

In space, the tracker doesn't seem to hear mobs scream their globals - just in case those tracker stats were mine - I don't know! It might be the case that there are not many active users of space tbh, compared to other areas of the universe where enough trackers are active at any one time...
edit: I seem to have 2 space horrors listed - not exactly an accurate representation, and one of those was a hof, so would have shown up on tracker anyway.

please moderators, close this thread, cuz I'm getting more and more frustrated by this incredible amount of whining here. It seems like the people here are deliberately trying to kill the game and chase all still positive players away.

Open a whining thread where you can vent your useless frustrations!

Instead of posting all this BS, please make some constructive posts, giving new ideas how to increase the playerbase and make the gamer prosper. Whining is easy, but completely useless.

Bunch of criebabies! Even my 3 year old daughter can't whine like this!

:locked:

As you, absolutely fail to see that fucking HoFs isn't PRIZES. It's just fucking return of your fucking not optimal actions, in form of a fucking swirlies with fucking sound.

And the fucking reflections of fucking state - is just fucking your own perception.

Fucking meow!!!

all good kido all good

attachment.php

Arthur asks a question, and the conversation continues as follows:

“Eddies,” said Ford, “in the space-time continuum.”
“Ah,” nodded Arthur, “is he. Is he.”
“What?” said Ford.
“Er, who,” said Arthur, “is Eddy, then, exactly, then?”
Ford looked angrily at him.
“Will you listen?” he snapped.
“I have been listening,” said Arthur, “but I’m not sure it’s helped.”

To some this may seem off topic, but others may find it very much on-topic.
Also: We like Arthur, he is the main character of the book. Liking him is not the problem if we should snap at him from time to time, as Ford does here!
Hope it makes people on both sides of the argument smile and you have a good and happy logon to EU later.. :)

Status
Back