Results from the inactive participants hunting event April 27-29

Status
I know I said I will not post until JC apology, but most likely it will never come.

@ wizz: your 3 years daughter is not what a cheerleader should bring here as argument.. The moderator showed his mindset, and also we saw that the cheerleaders think the same.. feeling sick, wanna puke.. got it. Positive players have no need to read this anyway, they are out there enjoying the game. As you should. And me, but I have difficulties.

I REALLY DONT HAVE AS MUCH OF A PROBLEM WITH THE GAME AT THE MOMENT AS WITH THE CHEERLEADERS. I want bugs solved and loot adjusted. 1000 ped spent on punnies or lower mobs should have a TT return loot close to 1000 peds spent on any freaking "secret" MU mob you pretend you think you know (gross figure including healing/armor decay etc on higher mob), OTHERWISE ADVERTISE THE DIFFERENCE AND WHY IS DIFFERENT - put this into your thick skull and stop ventilating here.

At least I agree with the whining thread - on monthly bases - as well as a suck-up thread, on weekly basis so it can cope with the volume of postings.

BTW MA, tx for the thunderbird arms drop on the feffs cave mission this afternoon, otherwise it was another -30 ped. I sold it to TT, as nobody at Twin wanted it even for TT price in this very healthy economy. I'll keep bitching from time to time so I can get my bribe, just as the cheerleaders I presume (not assume). I need just another 1.5 missions to finish the damn 100, they I will start playing smart again (this chip-out thing I read today is quite expensive to do it, wonder why)

I know I said I will not post until JC apology, but most likely it will never come.

Please stick to what you said. ;)

I REALLY DONT HAVE AS MUCH OF A PROBLEM WITH THE GAME AT THE MOMENT AS WITH THE CHEERLEADERS. I want bugs solved and loot adjusted. 1000 ped spent on punnies or lower mobs should have a TT return loot close to 1000 peds spent on any freaking "secret" MU mob you pretend you think you know (gross figure including healing/armor decay etc on higher mob), OTHERWISE ADVERTISE THE DIFFERENCE AND WHY IS DIFFERENT - put this into your thick skull and stop ventilating here.

At least I agree with the whining thread - on monthly bases - as well as a suck-up thread, on weekly basis so it can cope with the volume of postings.

But since you couldn't resist...

Ok, just wondering, what does this has to do with MA trying to get back inactive players? Sorry but I still fail to see the connection.

These are separate issues which need to be treated in separate threads. This thread is the wrong place to vent frustrations. This thread was to inform us about an marketing action to bring back inactive players. Please try to see the positive side about this and leave all loot, bugs and whatever other frustrations you have for another thread.

Now, please close it!

I am happy MindArk did this event. I think it was a good idea.

I own and/or control through personal interests close to 3% of all Planet Calypso deeds. I've spent alot of money here in the last year with the belief that MA would work hard on the platform and on Calypso to market the snot out of it and bring it closer to a modern game in terms of expectations. I am watching things very closely both in terms of performance and in terms of overall strategy. I think of all folks on this thread I have a right to be very concerned, and to question what's happening if there is a problem.

Guess what?

I am not upset at what they are doing. It actually is showing a net increase in my returns over time, which tells me their strategy is working.

The players here seem to be the bigger problem. Not all EU players. Just a select few here, on this forum. As a heavy investor in this platform at this point I dont find myself angry at MindArk. What theyre doing is working. I find myself angry at Planet Calypso Forum, because some of its denizens seem to simply be bad eggs and they are allowed to sit and fester in the mix, spoiling things for the rest of us on what has been, historically, the primary marketing portal for this platform.

Players on this forum may claim to be pissed off, and representing the majority or whatever, but guess what. You dont! There is a silent majority out there who are very satisfied with Calypso and EU by all appearances, and are moving forward with the game. The reality is the same folks who are complaining on this thread are the people who complain about virtually everything in EU, on every thread they can. The names are all very familiar.

I think its about time moderation staff started handing out sliding scale temp to permanent bans for these repeat offenders. Give them 72 hours. Then a week. Then a month. Then forever. If they dont get the message, to hell with them. Half of them dont even play anyway, they have just stayed on this forum and spread their attitude like a cancer.

Get rid of them. It's time to start the process.

This tread is just mind boggling. :eyecrazy:

Since when is marketing Calypso or EU a bad idea? I thought this was what we all wanted forever?

It's not even lame banner ad campaign - it's a targeted and well planned marketing/research campaign that provides good feedback and measurable results. More like this please!

:beerchug:

Miles

Please stick to what you said. ;)
[...]
Ok, just wondering, what does this has to do with MA trying to get back inactive players? Sorry but I still fail to see the connection.

These are separate issues which need to be treated in separate threads.

I will stick to what I said, and if apologies will come in the proper form (i.e. not related to following comments) I will comment positive on it. We all lose cool sometimes, but moderators should have a little bit of a thicker skin.

The thing about loot was induced by cheerleaders comments and mostly by JC insulting one and I already said it was a mistake for me bringing up here, it was more than an example - even if I'm very displeased about it, and affecting others more rather than me due to my play style (no, I'm not a "cumunity orgunizing" type by far). Commenting on this semi-secret event should not be taken as whinning - pissing of some of the xxxx(x) active players to try to please a hyphotethical 1000 leaving ones is a DUMB move in my opinion. MA stated they have.. how many players? which cannot be true, so I dispute the 1000 figure as well.

Also the comments regarding those 20 whiners on forum ruining the mood of other players - I don't see more than 10-15 cheerleaders either, so the balance is right. Wish we could have an adult discussion with MA people (all 5 of them, + 55 low-level mobs) and you succesfull guys about the shortcomings of the game, not about marketing hits.

I'm not one of those paying thousands of USD in game and lose them, I got 6x my investment.... ask yourself why I am not pleased?.. ohh... the logic against cheerleader thing!

I'm not Kim, as you, hopefully, can see.

You know - every whining mofo claiming about "losing active players". You have any fucking numbers? Where you get that info? Why every fucking whiner starting to call himself "active"? When I see that "active" player at tracker it's:

0 of 3445, 0 of 2344, 0 of 1222

Ofc, tracker isn't direct sign of activity, I know. But 99.9% of whiners is like that. Other ones - very often at TOP positions in tracker, always calculating some fucking "average globals" and such crap, reporting about fucking insane turnovers, meanwhile doesn't give a fuck about MU of shit which they are looting, resulting in total suckotage.

But they addicted so much, so they even doesn't think to CHANGE their mindset.

And all those "quitters" whine, whine, whine for years. They love the game, and whine anyway. Even those "super-unlucky" avas prefer to continue their whining, instead of quit.

So, again - where is that fucking indicator, which show you "shrinking playerbase"? Amount of whiners on PCF? That's all?

Iif you DON'T have those numbers, maybe better then those, who have them will decide about their "priorities"?

LOL, I see you even worse than a whiner.... coz you whine inceasantly about the whiners! LOL

Not only that, you are so upset that you can't even control your language...and it's full of anger frustration ...

And persistent anger and frustration is extremely bad to your health (both physical and mental)

So, please, for the sake of your own good, stop whinning about the whiners, help yourself.....that's all I've to say!

GL and enjoy Entropia.

To all others complaining about too much whining:
please stop whining about the whiners... coz it just aggravate the situation even further!

Last edited:
LOL, I see you even worse than a whiner.... coz you whine inceasantly about the whiners! LOLNot only that, you are so upset that you can't even control your language...and it's full of anger frustration ...And persistent anger and frustration is extremely bad to your health (both physical and mental)So, please, for the sake of your own good, stop whinning about the whiners, help yourself.....that's all I've to say!GL and enjoy Entropia.To all others complaining about too much whining, please stop whining about the whiners... coz it just aggravate the situation even further!
I hardly can read your colorfull bullshit, sorry.

But what I dont understand:

So players that are unsatisfied, are allowed to post everywhere and all the time, but players that are satisfied, aren´t allowed to post their opinion? This sounds strange...
:scratch2:

So players that are unsatisfied, are allowed to post everywhere and all the time, but players that are satisfied, aren´t allowed to post their opinion? This sounds strange...

It does indeed! :laugh:

Posting your opinion is different from whining ... isnt' it?

If not different then accept the fact that the so called whiners are just expressing their opinion!

Otherwise, accept that when complaining about something is called whinning!

It's your choice...but please make one ... and get along!

Last edited:
Posting your opinion is different than whining ... isnt' it?If not different then accept the fact that the so called whiners are just expressing their opinion!Otherwise, accept that when complaining about something is called whinning!
You finished with edits?

Could whoever is left out there in mod space (JC obviously banned himself) please lock this disgrace of a thread?

On the last pages, the trolls were trolling eachother, and what started off as some serious concerns about the event and the way it was run has turned into a fucking "who can posts the most 'fucks' in his post"-contest...

please moderators, close this thread, cuz I'm getting more and more frustrated by this incredible amount of whining here. It seems like the people here are deliberately trying to kill the game and chase all still positive players away.

Open a whining thread where you can vent your useless frustrations!

Instead of posting all this BS, please make some constructive posts, giving new ideas how to increase the playerbase and make the gamer prosper. Whining is easy, but completely useless.

Bunch of criebabies! Even my 3 year old daughter can't whine like this!

:locked:

This post is whining about whining....
Now go do something productive and stop teaching your child how to be an unproductive whiner :)

lets get back to the topic... the only thing I've whined about so far in this thread (iirc):

The discrepency between the highest single loot and the 1st prize winner.... is this whining?

and why on earth we still don't have an official answer unless they are cooking up something ?

Last edited:
This post is whining about whining....
Now go do something productive and stop teaching your child how to be an unproductive whiner :)

yeah you're right.

I gave up.

Oh and btw, my daughter was constantly nagging at my head when I was typing that post. That's where it came from ;)

Could whoever is left out there in mod space (JC obviously banned himself) please lock this disgrace of a thread?

On the last pages, the trolls were trolling eachother, and what started off as some serious concerns about the event and the way it was run has turned into a fucking "who can posts the most 'fucks' in his post"-contest...

Dude, it's way better than lame personal attacks, mkay?

lets get back to the topic... the only thing I've whined about so far in this thread:

The discrepency between the highest single loot and the 1st prize winner.... is this whining?

and why on earth we still don't have an official answer?

To tell the truth, it's probably because your point got drowned out by 27 pages of people crying that they didnt get the chance to win a brand spanking new $2000 Alienware PC, which by the way is one of their low budget models, is already outdated, and would be cheaper and faster had you just bought similar components off Ebay and assembled it yourself....

http://www.alienware.com/Landings/desktops.aspx

For those who don't know, Alienware is owned by Dell. It's basically like buying an Acura, or an Infinity, or Lincoln. Under the hood you're still driving a Honda, Nissan, or Ford --- and just paying extra for the name and a few pieces of molding.

But hey, let's get jealous anyway!

To tell the truth, it's probably because your point got drowned out by 27 pages of people crying that they didnt get the chance to win a brand spanking new $2000 Alienware PC, which by the way is one of their low budget models, is already outdated, and would be cheaper and faster had you just bought similar components off Ebay and assembled it yourself....

http://www.alienware.com/Landings/desktops.aspx

For those who don't know, Alienware is owned by Dell. It's basically like buying an Acura, or an Infinity, or Lincoln. Under the hood you're still driving a Honda, Nissan, or Ford --- and just paying extra for the name and a few pieces of molding.

But hey, let's get jealous anyway!
Really bad post
Dell owns them...they don't make them...
same for your other examples....get a brain before you post again..

Since the 2 Calypso ppl are currently reading this thread, I'll ask again..
Why not fix avg loot fist b4 doing an event like that? this seems to be what most active ppl are complaining about & prolly also the reason why most went inactive.

Ps.. any news about those promised additional beacons?

Since the 2 Calypso ppl are currently reading this thread, I'll ask again..
Why not fix avg loot fist b4 doing an event like that? this seems to be what most active ppl are complaining about & prolly also the reason why most went inactive.

QFT :thumbup:

This thread has gone far enough. MindArk has explained its plan with the surveys and hunting events, and now people are just mindlessly whining.

It really seems that some people's only purpose for visiting this forum is to criticize anything and everything MindArk does, regardless of whether MA's actions are actually good for EU or not. I would refer such persons to the following thread: Excessive Whining & Negativity. Several people participating in this thread are very close to receiving temp bans.

JohnCapital will be taking a short break from the forum for his outburst (a well deserved break, considering that he has been handling the lion's share of the moderation of the forum in recent months). While I do not condone his outburst in this thread, I can understand the frustration with some of the members of this forum which caused it. Still, the forum rules apply equally to everyone, and his post is deserving of a temporary ban.

Seriously, some of you could be world-class Olympian whiners if such a sport existed. If MindArk suddenly decided to add 1 million PED to everyone's PED card, some of you would find a reason to complain (hey, I've been playing 8% longer than this other guy who also got 1 million PED. WTF?!?!?!? MindArk YOU SUCK!)

:locked:

Status
Back