Results from the inactive participants hunting event April 27-29

Status
Just thought i'd drop in and say it was a good idea, and i'm glad MA did it.

I wonder if this thread qualifies as excessive negativity or not?

I mean, Charlie has clearly said that there is an event planned for active players as well. It seems to me like a bunch of players are jumping to a conclusion because they feel excluded and are lobbying for their own prize.

Since they dont know what MA has planned but it has been stated they have planned something, really all this thread is at this point is pointless bellyaching. At worst it is actually players being greedy and jealous.

All in all, the survey and hunting event was an extremely cost-effective way of accomplishing both goals--receiving valuable feedback and increasing the number of active participants-- which benefits all participants of Entropia Universe and helps MindArk improve the overall user experience.

At least prizes can actually help winners to get back to the game, as I believe many long time inactives said that change to CryEngine made them to play.
I still think that prizes are bit too big as there could be 10 winning places for 300$ each or even 5 times 600$ (yes, nowadays computer for 300$ can play EU on medium settings as my flatmate proved to me).

Do MA plan to share results of survey or not a chance?

Thus I am confused why some of you are complaining so strongly?

I think it comes out of feeling of being neglected. Mix that with few other factors, like 'rebalancing' and 'cost of play'.
Simply improving communication, fairness and return will solve problem with most if not all whining.

Finally, I would like to point out that our plan was always to conduct a survey aimed at active participants as well. Invitations to participate in that survey will be sent out to active participants within the next 10 days or so. Those taking part in the survey will be invited to participate in a similar hunting event with similar prizes as was done for inactive participants.

That's a good news, shame it did not came out with original Bertha's post.

Could you explain rules of such events as there is some confusion with it?
Bertha says "winners determined by the three highest single loots".
So does it mean that there are 3 places paid and 3 people with highest single loot will take 3 places respectively?
And if yes, how come player on second place had higher loot that one on first?

Please explain this to us for sake of stopping to feed those conspiracy theorists.

I wonder if this thread qualifies as excessive negativity or not?

really all this thread is at this point is pointless bellyaching. At worst it is actually players being greedy and jealous.

Don't tell me you've not noticed that the 1st prize winner is not realy the true winner....

And they've not given an explanantion for that yet!

I know you've invested a lot in Calypso/EU....but that should not make you ignore the very obvious!

Could you explain rules of such events as there is some confusion with it?
So does it mean that there are 3 places paid and 3 people with highest single loot will take 3 places respectively?
And if yes, how come player on second place had higher loot that one on first?

Please explain this to us for sake of stopping to feed those conspiracy theorists.

I just hope they wont' come up with explanation that it was not based on single highest loot.... rather total loot... and Bertha missed it!

Last edited:
Don't tell me you've not noticed that the 1st prize winner is not realy the true winner....

Maybe their internal "tracker" missed a hof or two... :silly2:

That could be read as "three highest single loots per player", too...

For 2nd place, there is no global to match these 104.1 points anyway...

It should be 110, if they missed that 495. :scratch2:

I know you've invested a lot in Calypso/EU....but that should not make you ignore the very obvious!

I havnt really bothered to look. I'm at work, and to be perfectly honest never really cared about this event as to me it seems like one part of a sound marketing strategy which I firmly believe will be revealed to us over time.

Considering these things are likely automated, though there may be something else at play here. I'm not going to jump to any conclusions. Ultimately MA may have a flaw in their system, or ET may not be accurate. Both are possible. ET is a great way to ask MA to double check their figures, which is the approach I think we should be taking.

Instead we seem intent on acting like children.

Strange. I always getting reminders from games which I had abandoned, with bonuses, boosts, from poker rooms with free cash, from shops with discounts. Common, standard.

What is that shitstorm is about? Where is good&old whining about ATHs which "drying loot pool"? It's all out of fashion?

My vote - The event never took place!

And not unlike voters in an election in Mexico, the participants do not exist.

Tippin'

You do know that claiming they are tricking people like that without any proof is probably considered slander and therefore illegal in most countries? :rolleyes:

how can mindark employes be confused why people are upset?

How many times can you disrespect your customers before you lose them?

When you give people that have quit the game, prizes that are larger than most mid level, weekly depositing players, have never seen.

While keeping it fairly secret what you were doing, Then you toss in a random post that basically says "hey Active players, we gave away a lot of $ in prizes to some people (that might be alts), and will probably withdraw it and leave again.

While the actives are currently enjoying NRFS, No looters, blazer fragments, and bugs. While reaching for Thier wallet, so they can SPEND to stay and play.

Personally this is almost as disrespectful of your customers, as MA choosing to create a pvp lootable travel area, for us to be robbed in, and turning players into armed thieves to steal from other players.

However one thing good comes from this project/thread....when I go inactive to play diablo3 I will be sure to change my EU settings to accept MA emails. This way someday I can come back here spend 3 days get a new PC and go back to a game that respects its customers.

Edit: btw you raised 6milion to spend on marketing and you choose to use it for facebook and payouts for long forgotten alts/haters. seriously? I just watched diablo3 commercial on cable TV..and EU is playing around with facebook..step up your game

Last edited:
Another question just popped up in my mind:

How is it possible that 1000 (one thousand!!!) people took part in an ingame event...

and NOBODY noticed?
and NOTHING leaked to the forums (directly of indirectly)?

Not even the US army achieved 100% secrecy, so how in the world did our beloved small swedish company do that?

Probably because these were old inactive players (maybe from before the planets and space came?) and the rewards were taken from the CLD money? :dunno:
Why did you even bother to write the reply when you dont know if thats the case? Or do you have insights into what the criteria was to be chosen?

If you don't let Charlie answer who do, and also what makes these old people wanting to stay on Caly and as MA is platform owner they shouldn't care which planet the old reactivated people spent their time.

So again Charlie, why only Caly mobs, and will the active participant contest incl mobs from all the other planets too?

I was one of the inactives that took part in this event and survey. I went inactive for about 2 years while I moved and relocated for a new job.

Techinally I should have 3rd place for this, we will see what happens.

I sent an email and support case, waiting to see what they say.

The idea of such event is right but I think prizes were a bit high.

I highly doubt that there were so many players involved in this event. Let's track globals of event creatures, 27-29.04 (inclusive):

Daikiba:
Code:
Thorkell Wizze Viking 	Daikiba Guardian  	64 PED 	Sunday, April 29, 2012 23:40
Lizzie Perky Borden 	Daikiba Alpha  	495 PED 	Sunday, April 29, 2012 23:26
(Shared Loot) 	        Daikiba Alpha  	65 PED 	Sunday, April 29, 2012 16:55
Lizzie Perky Borden 	Daikiba Old Alpha  	58 PED 	Sunday, April 29, 2012 15:28
Cunning Cunning Linguist 	Daikiba Alpha  	103 PED 	Sunday, April 29, 2012 02:31
Lizzie Perky Borden 	Daikiba Dominant  	59 PED 	Saturday, April 28, 2012 21:56
Andre Psychos Pereira 	Daikiba Old Alpha  	53 PED 	Saturday, April 28, 2012 15:06
Andre Psychos Pereira 	Daikiba Dominant  	56 PED 	Saturday, April 28, 2012 14:54
The Lone Deranger 	Daikiba Alpha  	67 PED 	Saturday, April 28, 2012 02:21
Thorkell Wizze Viking 	Daikiba Dominant  	455 PED 	Saturday, April 28, 2012 00:40
Andre Psychos Pereira 	Daikiba Dominant  	81 PED 	Friday, April 27, 2012 14:30
Andre Psychos Pereira 	Daikiba Old Alpha  	102 PED 	Friday, April 27, 2012 12:42
Michael Mick Bindram 	Daikiba Alpha  	61 PED 	Friday, April 27, 2012 11:37
Cunning Cunning Linguist 	Daikiba Old Alpha  	58 PED 	Friday, April 27, 2012 04:41
Andre Psychos Pereira 	Daikiba Alpha  	81 PED 	Friday, April 27, 2012 00:29

Tripudion:
Code:
Yngwe Metal Benchpress 	Tripudion Young  	155 PED 	Saturday, April 28, 2012 06:52

Caudatergus:
Code:
Franky Tee Bone 	Caudatergus Guardian  	69 PED 	Sunday, April 29, 2012 05:51
Budwick CaptainZerO Brown 	Caudatergus Old Alpha  	72 PED 	Saturday, April 28, 2012 11:17
Franky Tee Bone 	Caudatergus Prowler  	65 PED 	Saturday, April 28, 2012 01:27
Franky Tee Bone 	Caudatergus Old Alpha  	78 PED 	Friday, April 27, 2012 19:44
Franky Tee Bone 	Caudatergus Alpha  	78 PED 	Friday, April 27, 2012 19:26

Exarosaur:
Code:
marty aubim aubichon 	Exarosaur Guardian  	177 PED 	Sunday, April 29, 2012 19:21
Duncan QS Stonewall 	Exarosaur Young  	69 PED 	Friday, April 27, 2012 04:07

This give us list of 11 players who scored globals on event mobs. Note that some of them don't look like inactives so not all mentioned players below players was taking part in that event.

Andre Psychos Pereira
Cunning Cunning Linguist - most likely not in event
Michael Mick Bindram
Thorkell Wizze Viking
The Lone Deranger
Lizzie Perky Borden
Yngwe Metal Benchpress - most likely not in event
Franky Tee Bone
Budwick CaptainZerO Brown
Duncan QS Stonewall
marty aubim aubichon - most likely not in event

Although globals are not direct representation of activity on mob, I think that with such massive event for such mammoth prizes there would be more happening on those mobs.
Doesn't exactly look like 1000+ player event outcome to me...

Another, already mentioned multiple times, very stinky thing is that based on "highest single loots" rule, actual winner should be other than is stated... MA mustn't ignore such doubts and should comment and explain ASAP to not lose more trust from active playerbase!

Boring!
That is so old excuse... maybe it's about time to change communication then...

I always wondered with which head MA is thinking, upper or lower.:confused:

im sure its been said but my tuppence: this is a bad joke on many levels. my faith in MA is diminished. Especially poor is Kim's responces which show they dont even understand why active, or barely active players dont like this.:dunno:

A result of comprehension problems? I think most here made their point very clear.

Sure, and it's a good thing - it's just... nobody really understands why you treat INACTIVE players better than ACTIVE players.

Sorry, i don't buy that - i am playing for over 5 years, you never had a problem with taking my PEDs and giving 3 day old newbs fat towers or giving cool expensive items to ubers.

Even if you PLANNED that, let me tell you:
It was the wrong order. You clearly have a priority problem over at MA office:

FIRST of all, take care of faithful customers who pay your bills, THEN you can care about those who already abandoned EU...

Or are the rumours true and you see active mid level players only as milking cows?
That would actually explain the priority issues...

blablablablablaba

whiner!

:laugh:

edit: nothing personal here wizzsszz, I just random picked a post. Could have been any one ;)

Be glad MA did something.

While the actives are currently enjoying NRFS, No looters, blazer fragments, and bugs. While reaching for Thier wallet, so they can SPEND to stay and play.

Personally this is almost as disrespectful of your customers, as MA choosing to create a pvp lootable travel area, for us to be robbed in, and turning players into armed thieves to steal from other players.

Most people I have seen the last week enjoy discoveries, exploring, new mineral finds with high markup, interesting mobs with new loot items, new game mechanics and generous profits for their efforts. And I know that hundreds of people are all shooting a single mob which very often drops globals with high markup items which they would be unable to obtain without the bot event. Some are even paying to increase their pleasurable time.

Personally I find it short-sighted to look at two quads in space with equal abilities and play the victim game when you get the short stick in a free for all environment. If you can be looted, then they can be looted. Why do you never complain when you are looting them?

I don't understand Y U SO MAD? If you clearly don't like the game, why do you persist in grieving and dehumanizing first your own self in such a manner? Are you not able to see this is a half-luck and half-skill environment and prepare your expectations? Can't you control your own budgets and emotions? Perhaps a more community friendly care-bear MMO would suit you and your wallet. Let us know how that works.

So MA "invested" 3$ for buying back some inactive players and at least 3 of them we know have enjoyed their hunting experience, being rewarded with such huge loots. Surely they will recycle those loots until they deposit or leave again, congratulations to MA for such an effective campaign.

Do you know how much other companies value new or repeat customers at? Do you know how much they allocate to those customers? Do you know it costs 5-10 times as much to find new customers than to keep the old ones?

And what are your expectations regarding inactive players?

An email saying: Hey wankers, you left the game for 6 months, we will now close your account and ban you from ever coming back? That's what inactive players should get. The boot.

Last edited:
I wonder if the winners all still participate now? How many took part in the event? How many of them have hung around since?

Third prize is far more than anything I've even looted in six-and-a-half years of doing various activities, BTW.

Interesting. In 6 years you didn't manage to loot 30 PED total (the split cost of the prizes over all participants).

Oh, you mean you didn't loot as well as everyone else, something worth 20.000 PED total. I get it now.... that's like 3333 ped a year, or 9 peds a day.

You didn't loot at least 9 peds a day over the last 6 years?

Interesting. In 6 years you didn't manage to loot 30 PED total (the split cost of the prizes over all participants).

Oh, you mean you didn't loot as well as everyone else, something worth 20.000 PED total. I get it now.... that's like 3333 ped a year, or 9 peds a day.

Third price = 250 US$ = 2500 PED

And, looting 9 PED/day is still an effing joke if you spent 100.

Your comment is totally out of line with what Dusk said...

Most people I have seen the last week enjoy discoveries, exploring, new mineral finds with high markup, interesting mobs with new loot items, new game mechanics and generous profits for their efforts.

("most" people must not post in this thread

Why do you never complain when you are looting them?

Because I am not a thief, nor a pvper? So I do not loot them.

I don't understand Y U SO MAD?

Because the game I have been putting time, effort, and money into for over 3 years, is turning into crap, the pvp thing angers me because its just disrespectful of all the non pvp players who have played and deposited for many years, to suddenly have MA create a environment that turns our fellow citizens into thieves, and then place this "optional" pvp game right in the way of all (even lootless) travel.

Do you know it costs 5-10 times as much to find new customers than to keep the old ones?

that is the point many people here are trying to make. We the current players would like some reasons to stay.

Anyway no need to derail this thread with anti pvp, I was simply saying as a customer I feel disrespected, and undervalued by MA on many different levels, this New PC prizes for people that have already given up on the game, makes me wonder why I struggle to not give up?

Your comment is totally out of line with what Dusk said...

Maybe you're right. But why are people thinking they should be entitled for prizes of such magnitude just for being present? It seems like communism to me. Factory work. Office slacking.

Oh look at me, I've been in this job for 40 years now, and it's my turn to sit on my ass and have stuff come to me for free. Just because...

Or maybe it's the envy. Oh, some uber has better gear than me. Must complain. Some noob got a big hof, but it wasnt me. Must complain so it doesnt happen again. I don't get hofs because now only ubers get hoffs, but I should too. Must complain. People are complaining. Must complain.

Looking forward to MA's "Most consecutive days logged in a year" prize event. Or the one called "Biggest AFK time period this month".

PC prizes for people that have already given up on the game,

Or DID they?

Didn't they receive the price for NOT giving up on the game? That's what I understood. They resumed playing the game, and did not ignore the invite and stayed logged out or outside the event settings.

Again, you think it's better for MA to just close inactive accounts quickly, then spend money (on prizes) on attracting new strangers to the game?

I think you know what observation I was making. And no, I'm actually well down in terms of peds in that time. But then I expect to pay for my entertainment so I'm not begrudging it.

That said, some big swirlies would be nice, but then I guess I'm not the lucky one.

Anyway, my point from about page 11 still stands. If 1000+ inactives suddenly returned to EU, how come no-one has reported these inactives names lighting up green on everyone's FLs?

No-one has explained that one, and while I always try to give MA the benefit of the doubt, something here doesn't quite stack up for me.

I think you know what observation I was making. And no, I'm actually well down in terms of peds in that time. But then I expect to pay for my entertainment so I'm not begrudging it.

That said, some big swirlies would be nice, but then I guess I'm not the lucky one.

Anyway, my point from about page 11 still stands. If 1000+ inactives suddenly returned to EU, how come no-one has reported these inactives names lighting up green on everyone's FLs?

No-one has explained that one, and while I always try to give MA the benefit of the doubt, something here doesn't quite stack up for me.

Yes, swirlies are nice, but they most often show you are doing something wrong.

As for 1000 people reactivating themselves, you might be underestimating the EU playerbase. Would you notice if 1 in 30 people on your friendlist was online for a few times last week?

For example, we had a few people log back in soc chat after a long break, and I also noticed some less familiar people on my FL. But since that online list can vary from 3 to 30 in a few hours, you don't really notice.

Maybe you're right. But why are people thinking they should be entitled for prizes of such magnitude just for being present? It seems like communism to me. Factory work. Office slacking.

I think people just do not want to be treated worse, just because they were trusty customers (read: depositors).

As for 1000 people reactivating themselves, you might be underestimating the EU playerbase. Would you notice if 1 in 30 people on your friendlist was online for a few times last week?

For example, we had a few people log back in soc chat after a long break, and I also noticed some less familiar people on my FL. But since that online list can vary from 3 to 30 in a few hours, you don't really notice.
I think I'd notice if strange names started to re-appear at the top of my FL again after possibly years of inactivity. I seem to have alot of inactives on my list, but observed nothing unusual recently.

As for saying I *might* be underestimating the playerbase, I guess MA don't want us to know how big it is and so we'll never really know.

can anybody give a plausible explanation as to why MA/Calypso have not made any comment regarding the winner discrepencies..
Both Kim and Bjorn were in this thread and posted ... and both elected to remain silent about it!

Why?

Last edited:
I was one of the inactives that took part in this event and survey. I went inactive for about 2 years while I moved and relocated for a new job.

Techinally I should have 3rd place for this, we will see what happens.

I sent an email and support case, waiting to see what they say.

Welcome back to EU.

As you can see, I marked you and two others players as rather not in event because of single globals higher than 3rd place.
I assumed that only one mistake was done with 1st and 2nd place.
Now this is getting awkward.

Welcome back to EU.

As you can see, I marked you and two others players as rather not in event because of single globals higher than 3rd place.
I assumed that only one mistake was done with 1st and 2nd place.
Now this is getting awkward.

Wow, what a major fuckup from MA/FPC successor.

And that in a "highest single loot wins" event, where basically MA has full control over the payouts...

That's not looking good, why are they so keen on destroying the last bit of trust players have in them?

Status
Back