Inside info? The sky falling?

Do you think things can be drastically improved with just some more communication? and if so how?

>>> Yes More Communication and the how? They can start talking to forums, to FB and to Players in what ever form get's the job done! Communication is a two way street...but it seems to many, myself included, comm with MA is only ONE WAY...<<<

What can we do about it? Demand answers now! ask the same un-answered questions over and over - or open up a platform for genuine correspondence between business and customer.

>>> At this point there is very little communication between the business and the customer. Unfortunately between Support Cases and Shouting in this forum...not much more can be done. When the convo is one sided 99% of the time, ppl are going to get really frustrated...really fast. Frustrated = LOSS of PLAYER BASE!<<<

What do you think would be the correct way for the game to develop its communication between business are customer?

>>>It's called CUSTOMER SERVICE...MA's reputation is evidence of absence and not absence of evidence!

For me personally ( good job if you got this far!) the things i wanted implemented for so so so long finally have, but was it too late?

>>> Yes it was too late. Always has been and always will be. MA needs to be conscious and aware but in the on going analysis...Asleep at the wheel is more applicable.<<<

I see nothing abnormal so far.

Star has his annual pricecheck putting up lot's of interesting stuff in a thread.

More and more resellers spam the forum offering things they bought for less (naturally).

Lot of Mayhem stuff has reached the market so other sell stuff to buy things, this includes CLD's (which are in hands of many resellers also).

ESI's do drop just like genreic fuses, but they are not as common as they used to be. This is related to the hated "d" word I guess.

Many items drop like rain, such as UL weapons on multiple planets. This causes a devaluation of them and some will want to sell while there's still a higher mark-up, while others will sell their stuff to buy those again.

Support is not as powerful as it used to be years ago. Basically they just rank ideas and complaints to prioritize stuff on some list MA might one day look into; the cases will be closed asap. Like many many companies that department is outsourced to a low wage country. Probably a lower personnel count even there to cut costs more.

Maybe I'm wrong but so far I see nothing out of the ordinary with what can be expected.

I am not cashing out everything, but I am taking funds out. I havnt deposited in a year, and I never will again. I am enjoying light reading in the swedish penal code and international law though. Doesnt look good for MA...... Time will tell.

I cant stand seeing rx units (ma employees) getting mining globals and no communication.
Until they start behaving like a company, {removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
{removed}

{removed}

Get over it,.. Some MA employees are having some fun,.. It's not like they can cash out,..
You want that PED? Kill the Rx!

Last edited by a moderator:
but.. but.. u were selling out not long ago.. what made u "sell out".. please tell us the inside info?

That was 90% because they fucked with the hit boxes, and I couldn't hunt mobs in the way I was accustomed to. Still can't, and it pisses me off, but I adapted to this bullshit cuz I love the game so much. So fucking what?

What is the difference about This thread, and the 100's of other skyfall threads?

Wanna have fun? Use search function to find threads started by OP. Very big part of them are either about someone being dishonest or game collapsing. There are few that kind of posters who give their best to make the game look as bad as possible.

For OP, the sky is not falling if you look at prices high end items still go, it is clear that until ppl are willing to pay 10k usd for virtual items it is not falling anywhere.

Thank you guys and girls who have responded. I think most agree it all begins with communication. Maybe half of what I am concerned about would become moot if we just heard something from them now and then.

The biggest problem, I think, is that they are simply a completely unknown quantity to 90% of the player base. We don't live in Sweden, we don't know them, we can't walk into it off the street and have an MA "genius" fix the "crack" in my avatars arm guards.

I do agree that just being a lot more forthcoming with info, MA would probably increase the love 2-fold. Just sharing more info, admitting mistakes, and being honest with game-play issues and professions like taming would probably at least, in my eyes, lay a solid foundation for believers in MA, or players in this game, to buy into the system more.

If they could just maintain dialogue and create trust, there would be a hell of a lot more players playing and depositing.

Support being slow on normal support requests may be related to all the new players that have started over the last year or two. There is actually a pretty constant flood of new players. But the lack of response on support questions about withdrawal is not a good sign.:scratch2:

no worries, just by the time everyone is out of faith, they toss us another bone and we go "oh look, squerrel!"

and the wheel spins on.

Everything is as normal as it can be, same thing every year.

But there is one thing, one thing only that gets my attention when it comes to concern.

Its now 50 days to withdraw, we can assume that the CLD system, how much needed it may have been for MA to bring in cash, has had an impact on the amount reguarly deposited into EU, meaning more it takes more time to match withdrawals vs deposits, and result is longer wait for your money.

Items will continue to slowly decline in value, since the general path MA seem to have choosen includes making mid level equpiment more or less available to everyone, meaning we still have a long road to go for some items, and i speak most about the maxxed out weapons ( SIB ) since the lvl 100 gear is almost dead unless you are just that, lvl 100.

If people think ul non sib guns have taken enough beating, well try and remember what MA had on their roadmap for 2013, thats about as much as i will disclose, i leave some thinking up to each individual since this is infact an RCE and most of the competetive edge lies in information.

Game will still be here for a long time.

I wonder why our community manager is unable to give us some enlightening words. Sorry, but I thought community mangers were supposed to communicate with the player base. All these negative threads must put many new players off this game completely. Surely it would be in the best interests of MA and the Calypso Dev team to respond and add at least weekly communicates. Silence is driving the negativity every day. Silence allows the rumors and scare mongering to grow and feed.

i dont know,, maybe the sky really is falling when it takes MA 3 WEEKS to do 336 scores for solo mayhem and 86 scores for team mayhem and then get them wrong! and take another week to fix them :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

The sky isn't falling if they have ppl like me playing the game :)

i dont know,, maybe the sky really is falling when it takes MA 3 WEEKS to do 336 scores for solo mayhem and 86 scores for team mayhem and then get them wrong! and take another week to fix them :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Who said it took them 3 weeks to count the inital ( however wrong ) scores?

They said they would be public on 31th, they posted them on the 30th, they were actually 1 day early.

For all we know they may have started the counting on the 29th, wich indeed could explain them beeing wrong :)

Im sure they are doing alot more than just counting scores, the day to day work is probably what takes most their time, problem is the players only think they work currently with what the players see.

Its like the global chat, ppl only see the globals and hofs, not the effort behind them.

Thank you guys and girls who have responded. I think most agree it all begins with communication. Maybe half of what I am concerned about would become moot if we just heard something from them now and then.

The biggest problem, I think, is that they are simply a completely unknown quantity to 90% of the player base. We don't live in Sweden, we don't know them, we can't walk into it off the street and have an MA "genius" fix the "crack" in my avatars arm guards.

I do agree that just being a lot more forthcoming with info, MA would probably increase the love 2-fold. Just sharing more info, admitting mistakes, and being honest with game-play issues and professions like taming would probably at least, in my eyes, lay a solid foundation for believers in MA, or players in this game, to buy into the system more.

If they could just maintain dialogue and create trust, there would be a hell of a lot more players playing and depositing.

I can see how you get this idea.

What i wanna say about that to consider is:

Would you communicate on forum if every post meant a shitstorm of negativity?

Would you give inside information if its always wrongly interpretated and burned to the ground?

Would you like it when every time you make new stuff you are accused of theft?

Would you like it if you were continuesly attacked by people that try to cheat you because its real money? And be burned to the ground because of longer withdraw times, maybe for better security? (or not, but it means nothing on itself)

We as community expect to be treated well by a company, that is a bussiness, no charity, that we beat up all the time. Maybe we should look at ourselves and be a bit nicer.

On topic, same shit every year. Haloween mayhem made the difference. Most people cant pay for 2 mayhems.

it will change when the events at calypso start again.

1) MA has never been good with communication - FACT;

2) MA has fucked up events or results before - FACT;

3) The amount of selling threads on pcf have been a lot higher than buying threads for many years and there is quite a few uber gear available on the market all the time - FACT;

4) Star is "selling out" at least a few times a year (in case you specially noted that) - FACT;

5) MAs support has never been good and there always have been delays - FACT;

6) MA have missed deadlines and promises ALWAYS - FACT;

etc.

How's this thread any different from million other sky is falling threads? :scratch2:

The only thing that could be a bit worrying is the CLD revenue, but without seeing financials for 2013, it doesn't mean that much.

Some ppl claim that "Communication" is the universal answer to the Meaning of Life, Universe and Everything.
Unfortunately, this is not true! The correct answer is "42".

PS: Looted 2 ESI y-day. Most days i loot none.

1) MA has never been good with communication - FACT;

2) MA has fucked up events or results before - FACT;

3) The amount of selling threads on pcf have been a lot higher than buying threads for many years and there is quite a few uber gear available on the market all the time - FACT;

4) Star is "selling out" at least a few times a year (in case you specially noted that) - FACT;

5) MAs support has never been good and there always have been delays - FACT;

6) MA have missed deadlines and promises ALWAYS - FACT;

etc.

How's this thread any different from million other sky is falling threads? :scratch2:

The only thing that could be a bit worrying is the CLD revenue, but without seeing financials for 2013, it doesn't mean that much.

and dose New facts?
#uber item drops
# system lose money becus of cld's
# worst return. gose in hand whit the # system lose money becous of cld.
#flodding market whit high ul items.
#the latest changes over the years make it no better Only wors
# ma have Lost the spirit and become just gredy

The people ask, the people get, the people cry

We asked for cheaper gear, More pvp events, Instanced Mayhem etc, then freak out when it happens. No wonder MA don't want to talk to us :laugh:

But I do agree with some of the above, but I don't think the game is about to end. And yes I dislike a lot of the recent changes, and the lack of communication from MA is annoying. But the rest is just business as usual, MA at there best :)

We asked for cheaper gear, More pvp events, Instanced Mayhem etc, then freak out when it happens. No wonder MA don't want to talk to us :laugh:

We also asked for portable repair and tt and got those. We asked for more instances and got those too. We got (L) revival chips, melee amps, more uses / better balance for rare ores, missions on tough mobs, more incentive to kill moss mobs in wave spawns, the chance to loot valuable items (and i mean parts for amp / plate upgrades here :p), and actually a whole bunch more things. Maybe we should say that we like things more often, especially when we do actually like them.

I found an a106 amp in loot yesterday. Im happy and not selling out

We also asked for portable repair and tt and got those. We asked for more instances and got those too. We got (L) revival chips, melee amps, more uses / better balance for rare ores, missions on tough mobs, more incentive to kill moss mobs in wave spawns, the chance to loot valuable items (and i mean parts for amp / plate upgrades here :p), and actually a whole bunch more things. Maybe we should say that we like things more often, especially when we do actually like them.

and of course last time they openly communicated (developer notes) with us, all hell broke loose :D

and dose New facts?
#uber item drops
# system lose money becus of cld's
# worst return. gose in hand whit the # system lose money becous of cld.
#flodding market whit high ul items.
#the latest changes over the years make it no better Only wors
# ma have Lost the spirit and become just gredy

1) People have asked for years to be able to loot/win uber gear. Its not necessarily bad. How is this relevant to "sky is falling" theme? At the high skill level the choice of weapons always was very limited to a few types of DOAs (foe, RJME, IMP SH), MM and a handful of others.

2) system loosing money because of cld's? How are you going to prove that? Do you have access to MA and Calypso financials for 2013? Do you have any other inside statistics that others do not have? Have you made a thorough study of it? What scientific, statistical methods did you use?

3) bad returns? This one is very, very disputable. There always have been whinners about the loot, I don't see any more these days than lets say 2 years ago. For every such whining post you could find a post somewhere saying that the loot is the same as always or you could see it in a hunting blog stats.

4) Again - whats wrong with MA introducing more UL items, especially in high end section where before you basically had only very few choices from what to pick (all oldschool weapons except for emik x5, bl1800)? Or you meant something else?

5) Which changes to the worst are you talking about exactly? P.S. there are always bugs (very bad ones as well), so do not count that in unless by trying to fix something it got completely broken.

6) How does MA have become more greedy in the past year than before? According to some people they have been greedy for over a decade now.

You are just throwing empty phrases out there tbh.

Last edited:
and of course last time they openly communicated (developer notes) with us, all hell broke loose :D

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?252527-Developer-Notes-7

Players (for 2 weeks): we did thousands of clicks and we saw a decrease in success rate
MA (after 2 weeks): we did check the systems and everything is working as intended (missing info: we did changed something 2 weeks ago so is working as intended).

What MA can expect, cheers ? - there were some, the thread is not entirely negative.

Oh, look at the new shiny interface we are planning and is not ready after 6 months. Incidentally, there would be some glitches at first, but all will be ok after the introduction of the chat pills.

Developers notes were good, even if they generated controversy. Those should be continued.

When i quit in 2008 it was for all the reasons in this thread.

The sky was falling, the bubble was about to burst, etc etc

Well 5 years later i arrived back here, and the moaning and groaning is the same.
The avatar names have changed, the MA staff have changed, but EU is still here.

What i would add is that most economys are built on confidence. RL ones that is
As we all know when confidence takes a dip generally the economy does as well....

So threads like this, that attack the confidence of the game, are more dangerous that u think.

Wanna have fun? Use search function to find threads started by OP. Very big part of them are either about someone being dishonest or game collapsing. There are few that kind of posters who give their best to make the game look as bad as possible.

For OP, the sky is not falling if you look at prices high end items still go, it is clear that until ppl are willing to pay 10k usd for virtual items it is not falling anywhere.

Hey, first of all, posting about cheaters ISN'T about me trying to make the game look "as bad as possible". It is about me trying to make the game better.

We all know Whiteknut gets really mad when he or his cheating friends get called out by me for cheating, or for deliberately conducting dangerous auctions in the hope some noob loses all their ped.

He spent lots of time getting mad at me for pointing out dangerous auctions.

I firmly believe that YOUR actions in that thread and others are in fact making this game look bad FAR MORE than my occasional thread questioning current events.

AND, I know for a fact that you don't play, and you don't cycle peds like me, and you just spend your time sitting around twins trying to steal rare blueprints off of unsuspecting noobs.

If the day comes where you start to actually play the game, and you quit making alts, and YOU depo and do something good for the game, I will be glad to listen to you...eh...fuck off, no I won't.

So what is the inside info I missed that is causing everyone selling out?

Maybe mid-level players are holding harder onto the CCs they use for deposits, so ubers and others who are used to get nice profit from MU has a harder time to get it. (I can just speak for myself, but it would be nice to be able to have a real IRL job, rather than listening to the capital based politicians saying that eveyone should have a real job..)

Or maybe a mid level player sees himself being at same level as 4 years ago, while random other people one way or Another gets a chance to a nice item as being an incentive to keep on fighting and to continue to rise on the "ladder" (professionalwise). Even if it is (was) possible to get commando with Korss400(L), it's much more fun (given more options) and faster to reach commando with HL15 that will remain in working condition weekend after weekend, and nowdays being able to rise and rise in tiers, instead of being thrown in the waste basket around tier 2.

Even if it's no competition, mobs are gradually becoming stronger and stronger, requiring better weapons. It's good news for those who are at the top; who has the top-level skills, who can borrow big guns from their socmates(*), who have a105, dante etc and can hunt for mercimex slime and crystal shards to upgrade their top-level amps. It's not as fun if you are a mid-level player with profesisonal levels 40-60 and the gear you use Daily (unless you depo for an event) is around level 20 because that's the gear you can afford and/or the best gear you have ever looted ingame. (Though Howler s.4 is at level 48 or so nominally, it's as fast as a level 20 weapon in terms of dmg/sec; compare with a level 50 eron or eredicator type four and you see what I mean.)

Another tihing that makes it harder to sell things is that for a long time, there has been wealthy players who had been able to "milk" the lesser fortunate players. And if the lesser fortunate players spend less PEDs, for one reason or anotyher, and the welthier players continuing regular withdrawals, there will be less cash ingame.

Also I get the impression, in the past it has been alot of play Money, trading by items instead of pure PEDs, so the actual value of some items hasn't been "correctly" evaluated. Just because a landarea and an IMK2 at some Point in the past has been the same value in PEDs doesn't mean it still is wortth the same.

Wrong scores in MM.

I don't Think there has been a single event where scores has been 100% correct at first time.

Unanswered support.

It usually happens Close to a VU. I guess it's the support staff for non-critical issues who also do the "VU Beta testing". As there hasn't been a release, maybe they have found some big issue.

(*) Borrow without surcharge. To pay say 200 ped/day for an item that is rented from a professional service is rather expensive unless you're a top-level player, if it's something you want to hold on to for a while, for instance if you're going to Another planet to hunt for a week or so. Though a renting system would remove need for collateral, it probably won't make it easier, and won't make rare:ish items more accessible - consider for instance the landgrab event now on saturday: A random player who wants to borrow a nice weapon for the event probably is way below friends, socmates and players who are able to pay more, when it comes to borrow a decent weapon.

Last edited:
General statement to all the haters:

Yes I have occasionally made a few rage threads...I have also made many in support of MA.

Yes, I call out cheaters in public, because they disgust me.

I have never fucked over anyone in game, ever. There are avatars in game that lend me 50-60k worth of items with no collateral, and they never had to worry once.

A few years ago, when I discovered a bug that would 100% cost MA 1000's of USD every few hours once people figured it out, I immediately notified them, and disclosed the 1,400 ped that I got as a result of that bug (which I had got before I realized it was a bug). MA changed it right after my support case, and before anyone else figured it out. I will never say what it was, so don't ask...but suffice to say, I did the RIGHT thing, because I support this game (and this was at a time where my avatar had very little worth, and so I really had nothing to lose), but I still didn't exploit it. I promise you, I probably would not have been caught for months, if at all, if I decided to exploit it. I didn't, I did the right thing, because I am a man.

I have helped numerous players get started and give away items all the time, I warn them of potential perils caused by whiteknut and the scum he defends.

I do LOTS of good things for this game, and I defend it when it is deserved.

I am not blind though, and I will make statements about the good and the bad equally, because that is how things get solved.

Yes, I have raged, yes I have been negative, and yes, I have wanted questions answered.

But I have never tried to fuck over this game. Ever.

I love this game and I want it to succeed.

Last edited:
What i would add is that most economys are built on confidence. RL ones that is
As we all know when confidence takes a dip generally the economy does as well....

So threads like this, that attack the confidence of the game, are more dangerous that u think.

This is very true. I suspect a lot of these threads are made in a misguided attempt to force MA into giving the OP an ATH in order to "shut them up". But it's really short sighted and well, actually just plain stupid. I'm sure this particular thread managed to turn away many prospective depositors and current depositors to run away in FUD. So if MA wasn't struggling before, they are having a harder time of it after this thread. Way to go!

Don't worry, the next subject of discussion will be "why don't more people play this game?!?!!"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhh

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

:holyshit:

Back