Inside info? The sky falling?

I am 32 years old and plan on playing this game until I am 80 years old. I will buy CLDs for the next 40 years and my kids will take over my account when I die. I expect to have over 2,000 CLDs within the next 30 years.

I expect to see over 1000+ sky is falling threads

I expect to see over 2000+ ubers sell out

I expect EU to go through many changes but last forever

I am 32 years old and plan on playing this game until I am 80 years old. I will buy CLDs for the next 40 years and my kids will take over my account when I die. I expect to have over 2,000 CLDs within the next 30 years.

Well EU has lived for 10+ years now, who's to say it's not gonna live another 47 :lolup:
If EU lives another 47 years I expect that we will all be playing inside it like our brains will be able to connect to it, similar to Sword Art Online :D.

Another interesting thing, NEVERDIE is reading this thread.. Inside info maybe? :ahh:

Well EU has lived for 10+ years now, who's to say it's not gonna live another 47 :lolup:
If EU lives another 47 years I expect that we will all be playing inside it like our brains will be able to connect to it, similar to Sword Art Online :D.

Another interesting thing, NEVERDIE is reading this thread.. Inside info maybe? :ahh:

Why is that weird? He runs a business within our universe, and he actually cares about the game, too...a lot.

Why is that weird? He runs a business within our universe, and he actually cares about the game, too...a lot.

i wounder what he realy think about hes almost dead planet.
its a shame this dead planets i Guess ris off the auction system make it. and time for travel.

But on a good note, called MindArk and the receptionist sounds like a hottie

Let´s forget the topic, first things first - moar information pls

Another day passes with silence from MA and the Calypso Dev reps. You can see they have logged into the forum, they see this thread, but say nothing. I wonder how the silence of 13th Feb will feel?

Last Kim post was :

"I have been informed that both a State of the Universe Address (MindArk) and State of the Planet Address (Calypso) can be expected within the next 7 days. " and it was 16.01.2014

...seems they lie even its own staff :)

Last Kim post was :

"I have been informed that both a State of the Universe Address (MindArk) and State of the Planet Address (Calypso) can be expected within the next 7 days. " and it was 16.01.2014

...seems they lie even its own staff :)

But the question is why Kim hasn't posted since? Surely he could simply post to say,
"Don't worry guys, working our butts off, all is well in the MA and Calypso studios"
But instead we are left to guessing. Leadership is a quality that is missing in Calypso and MA. I always thought to be a CEO you had to lead a company, clearly leadership is missing.

But the question is why Kim hasn't posted since? Surely he could simply post to say,
"Don't worry guys, working our butts off, all is well in the MA and Calypso studios"
But instead we are left to guessing. Leadership is a quality that is missing in Calypso and MA. I always thought to be a CEO you had to lead a company, clearly leadership is missing.

Maybe KIM isn't comunity/pr manager. Then question remains why real comunity /pr manager is silent. taht funcion don't have holidays and in normal companies there is always deputy set in case of any emergency absence.

Busy with the next VU would be my guess. Besides, if his boss said "I'll post the status in next week or so", what can he do if his boss then doesn't?

Maybe KIM isn't comunity/pr manager. Then question remains why real comunity /pr manager is silent. taht funcion don't have holidays and in normal companies there is always deputy set in case of any emergency absence.

Planet Calypso has around 4 employees, we get communication from them when there is time. I'd much rather they made more content.

If everyone would know everything all the time, EU would not work in the way it does, its a sandbox.

Part of it lies in seeing things before they come, if MA would tell us all the time what they were doing, less oportunity and less of the game we all love.

If you think EU is only about shooting and looting stuff, then move along.

When MA goes silent, its a race between the people and how long they can wait before they panic, and the people ready to take advantage of the people who cant stand the wait and act in panic.

Always been like this, you can almost pin point the date each year when it occurs.

i wounder what he realy think about hes almost dead planet.
its a shame this dead planets i Guess ris off the auction system make it. and time for travel.

The time and travel is not a problem...(warp and Tp down if you have loot)...A PP only design items and mobs ,animation of mobs,blueprints design,mission texts all content that is part of design...PP has no power when it comes about drop rate ......
For RT why we don't go forward ....MindArk manage droprate...I will give you an example that MindArk not even TT food let us crafting... June 2013 ND team introduce at technician a UL skilling blueprint "Grindhouse Sleaze (L) blueprint" for six months "ingredient" "Grindhouse Sleaze Death Vinyl" never dropped...Finaly as a Xmas Gift they start dropping after minipatch that introduced loot pills...But the dream didn't last long...After patch with stability (January 2014) another change ....no vinyls to craft a weapon that is TT food( I am sure that our TT food weapons does not make harm on Universal Economy or it is?!..I mean TT food weapons like Jester D-1,Mann MPH etc.. we all click this TT food weapons ...our hope is only looting a good blueprint and TT the item)...

Second thing ... MindArk mistake on RT ...I will explain how MA "fix" things... June 2013 some blueprints have a bug ...a double description example item(L) (L) blueprint or item(M,C) (M,C) blueprint...The fix come at Xmas minipatch(loot pills) so blueprints finaly looks OK .. item (L) blueprint ...Fixed ... Now January 2014 it comes again even worse who create confusion ... Yes they managed to "fix" a fixed thing so the blueprint looks like this "item blueprint"... Bahhh

Busy with the next VU would be my guess. Besides, if his boss said "I'll post the status in next week or so", what can he do if his boss then doesn't?

HE can post like this: "Guys, i know it's delay but i was informed about term and XXXX screwed we have to wait. But i remember about all of you thats why I am posting that small update for you, especialy now when all are nervous"

Planet Calypso has around 4 employees, we get communication from them when there is time. I'd much rather they made more content.

Do you have any source for that number please ? If it is really only 4 emplyees its real disaster. My RL company has 4 emplyees too and i see how dificult is to complete tasks just for 300 customers, let alone tousands with such staff :/

And then we will pay with organs directly :)

Do you have any source for that number please ? If it is really only 4 emplyees its real disaster. My RL company has 4 emplyees too and i see how dificult is to complete tasks just for 300 customers, let alone tousands with such staff :/

ceo+kim+charlie+joakim. I mean - all of MA group is 49, you can't really take that much more out of it and still have any resources left to develop, test, maintain server, do bookkeeping and answer support requests.

ceo+kim+charlie+joakim. I mean - all of MA group is 49, you can't really take that much more out of it and still have any resources left to develop, test, maintain server, do bookkeeping and answer support requests.

in older days (VU9) they was around 50-60 employes.

It looks like this: cost to play increase---> this cause that less play--->Ma have to decrease the number of employes--->quality,time of developing, support and other things going bad ---> this again cause that less play , MA start to increase cost of play again, to fix incoming problems and more employes got fired..... and so one ....

.... A DOWN SPIRAL

Who can stop it? How can it be stop?

maybe we are approaching this from the wrong direction...

it seems he current approach is to be a bit pissed, a bit negative and highlight the problems that could occur in teh future....

maybe we should try to modify this into a more positive approach. If we could all be a bit organised and all agreed to do a small depo on the same day then we could show MA what things would be like if they changed their approach to communication.
By showing MA what could be, maybe we would have more leverage than we do at the mo

If they suddenly have a day when the finances peak I think this will make ppl sit up and pay attention. Dangle the cash carrot instead of peddling doom and gloom.

U see that half empty glass.... its half full damnit!!

Maybe everything is fine with MA.
But you do know, nothing lasts forever... specially if money isn't coming in!

GM was one of the biggest companies in the world, and filed bankruptcy in 2009, assets at the time were $91 Billion ...and so did every other company in Detroit.

But I really hope you are right, for my sake and for the sake of your 2000 CLD's

Maybe the sky is not falling; maybe the ground is raising :wise:

MA, It is very simple:

Just say 'hello' here once a month and our minds will shift to what you said for that month until the next month rolls in and then you can repeat it again. This simple word could keep us active all month long. Very simple MA.

If everyone would know everything all the time, EU would not work in the way it does, its a sandbox.

I want real EU Sandbox now!!! wish I was Oberon! :grumble:

If we could all be a bit organised and all agreed to do a small depo on the same day then we could show MA what things would be like if they changed their approach to communication.
By showing MA what could be, maybe we would have more leverage than we do at the mo

If they suddenly have a day when the finances peak I think this will make ppl sit up and pay attention. Dangle the cash carrot instead of peddling doom and gloom.

Text book case of Stockholm syndrome:
Wiki: a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness

I would love to be your phone provider, or internet one, or heck, even your pizza delivery boy: I'll hand you a half eaten pizza and you give me double the tip hoping next time I'll do better :yay:

Dammit! I HATE when go to sleep and work and cant see new posts and the posts are removed when I get back....I want to know what it was!!! And the replies to that post!!!

Someone tell me. :)

Maybe everything is fine with MA.
But you do know, nothing lasts forever... specially if money isn't coming in!

GM was one of the biggest companies in the world, and filed bankruptcy in 2009, assets at the time were $91 Billion ...and so did every other company in Detroit.

But I really hope you are right, for my sake and for the sake of your 2000 CLD's

GM is a bad example..... That was not as it had appeared. GM declared bankruptcy to qualify for the "too big to fail shore up"... they cooked the books to make it look worse than it was. They took the money, Showed record profits, and everyone on the board had a massive pay spike. Those who were "replaced" had a MASSIVE payoff and their golden parachute left them high and dry. US corporate politics are not a good example of hard times. The corporations OWN the government and legal systems, and bend them to their will. Things are not always as they seem on paper.

Seems like Sunsout hit a nerve and as ever, one you all have an answer too.

I think his original posts are the way back to find an answer too.

Kind of a desperate angry and frustrated pair of posts that said, to me, this game is not working.

They also said, even if not justified in themselves, one regular player is afraid of losing all his time in-game to a failed concept.

That alone, even if it is not actually real or true, is alone... for the simple fact it was generated by the poor nature of EU, is a point of great concern and of obvious point to stop and think.

I will keep my thoughts on truth or fantasy to myself for once, but an avatar of this level should not be cast off as if you think Jesus is amongst us.

GM is a bad example..... That was not as it had appeared. GM declared bankruptcy to qualify for the "too big to fail shore up"... they cooked the books to make it look worse than it was. They took the money, Showed record profits, and everyone on the board had a massive pay spike. Those who were "replaced" had a MASSIVE payoff and their golden parachute left them high and dry. US corporate politics are not a good example of hard times. The corporations OWN the government and legal systems, and bend them to their will. Things are not always as they seem on paper.

Chuck you are right about the " too big to fail..." and it might be a bad example because of How it failed.
But purposely or not, it still failed because it was more profitable (for some) for it to fail.

In the other hand we have a example that is closer to what MA looks like, Amazon!
Amazon reports quarterly losses of $41 Million and is here to stay! I don't think they ever reported profit, although they had 17 Billion in sales last year!!!

Pretty sure Ma is not in the same boat as either case... I guess we will never know

Chuck you are right about the " too big to fail..." and it might be a bad example because of How it failed.
But purposely or not, it still failed because it was more profitable (for some) for it to fail.

In the other hand we have a example that is closer to what MA looks like, Amazon!
Amazon reports quarterly losses of $41 Million and is here to stay! I don't think they ever reported profit, although they had 17 Billion in sales last year!!!

Pretty sure Ma is not in the same boat as either case... I guess we will never know

If you live in England a huge company or several HAVE failed; this has happened and will continue to happen

Think

And then think

Back