Mining Mania!

Finally miners got their awesome event also. Gold rush was "nice" but damn this is beating it by far. Not much to lose within in 3 days and the prize is awesome. Probably the most valuable item ever given out as a prize in EU.
So good luck to everyone and to whoever will get the big hit: "BIG GZ and welcome to the UL amp club!" :yay:

p.s. not taking part in any EU economy discussions in this thread just because ore MU is down for some weeks or any other changes done by MA right now.

Finally miners got their awesome event also. Gold rush was "nice" but damn this is beating it by far. Not much to lose within in 3 days and the prize is awesome. Probably the most valuable item ever given out as a prize in EU.
So good luck to everyone and to whoever will get the big hit: "BIG GZ and welcome to the UL amp club!" :yay:

p.s. not taking part in any EU economy discussions in this thread just because ore MU is down for some weeks or any other changes done by MA right now.

yea, MU is down since we have craftable ammo, and everyone craft only explosives. Seems the balancing manager is a hero.

This event doesn't work on Cyrene because there is nothing to mine there. They claim there is but I can't find anything. :confused:

This event doesn't work on Cyrene because there is nothing to mine there. They claim there is but I can't find anything. :confused:

I tried mining on Toulan about a month ago. When I searched for enmatters all I could find was oil.:dunce:

Interesting.

UTC Sunday is closing in on its end and the number to beat is still 16.4k. Guess I'll try another five L13s...

My limited tries there were awful. I finally started to find claims on this little island. Other than that it was worst hit rates.

Except for belkar and oil, the listed resources aren't really common on Cyrene, but they're there.

Caldorite, zinc and garcen occur west of Great Plains tp, just over the bridge.
Lysterium mostly occurs in gaps between other ores; there's a decent field just east of Great Plains tp.
Yet further east there's some narcanisum, and the western part of the island that's located NW from Ice Plateau Outskirts tp is mostly it.
There's a small spot of alicenies south-east of Hive's Edge tp. If my memory serves me right, there was some gazzurdite north from there.
As for belkar, there are several spots west of High Desert tp.
And oil occurs in too many areas to list.

There are quite many active miners on a small planet, so if you're getting low hit rate and/or poor returns, you might want to try different time of day.

Going from my hit rates and TT returns, I'm starting to think this event was just a quick money grab. We aren't seeing the big hofs expected.

This is what I've suspected since I read about it. Afterall, how much activity mining has stopped since MU has gone into the toilet? I don't think we've seen the highest loot yet however. I think some uber, or uber alt is gonna pull out an ATH before the end.

c'mon ppl. We had another explo ATH :) And MA need to get money to pay us for aakas keys :)

didn't see until today ..the end of this very SHORT event lol....:laugh:

tooooo very short OMFG...can't ya'll do better than this??????

tooooo very short OMFG...can't ya'll do better than this??????

Personally I can't wait until it's over.. It would be a great event if the economy was in better condition... now it's like throwing gasoline on a fire.

Personally I can't wait until it's over.. It would be a great event if the economy was in better condition... now it's like throwing gasoline on a fire.

That markup on Caldorite though.

The event felt like nothing more than a late-term cash grab that wasn't all that enjoyable. Grats to those who hit semi-big. Was expecting something much more though.

That markup on Caldorite though.

The event felt like nothing more than a late-term cash grab that wasn't all that enjoyable. Grats to those who hit semi-big. Was expecting something much more though.

The guy that wins and gets that L7 amp is made for life (whether he keeps it or sells it).

One of the best items given away in an event for years.

15 hours left.

The guy that wins and gets that L7 amp is made for life (whether he keeps it or sells it).

One of the best items given away in an event for years.

15 hours left.

Oh I have nothing against the item being won. Or the prize from it. Perhaps I'll be blown away in terms of a bigger hit coming before this ends.

I just don't see it happening anymore. Hope it changes. But we'll see. :)

ahahaha and the very newbie player, that had less then 2k in his whole mining carrier hits 38k! and takes the lead!!:yay:

i hope that was short run w/o amp :laugh:
that is soooo typic&entropic^^

Last edited:
that proves what I said about those big loots... more people will go through fire if u see big prizes in hof list or in our case this event.... those 1k and below loots were horrible several months ago, but now the mu is.... blame crafting !

Can someone tell me if Orion Enigma Entropy, deserved to win?

Can someone tell me if Orion Enigma Entropy, deserved to win?

If you buy a lottery ticket once a month which scoops the jackpot do you deserve it more than someone who buys 20 tickets a week?

If you buy a lottery ticket once a month which scoops the jackpot do you deserve it more than someone who buys 20 tickets a week?

That is gambling.

This is not gambling, "Apparently".

By deserve, I mean grinded blood sweat and tears, cycled millions of ped.
Some guarantee, they will use the amp and not cash it in and sell it then go back to hunting punies. Using data MA can clearly see if they are a player that will stick around or not.

if they do not have this data then, My god, ma/caly are stupid.

OR... its a MA ava, they sell the amp for 200k, and boom, a nice bonus for the MA team!:laugh:

That is gambling.

This is not gambling, "Apparently".

By deserve, I mean grinded blood sweat and tears, cycled millions of ped.
Some guarantee, they will use the amp and not cash it in and sell it then go back to hunting punies. Using data MA can clearly see if they are a player that will stick around or not.

if they do not have this data then, My god, ma/caly are stupid.

come on jennifer . you have been playing entropia long enough to know the answer to what you are asking

If the mining amp went to one of the top 10 miners people would be saying "how predictable that it went to one of the usual suspects"

If it went to a relatively new player who tried his luck (I'm not sure this is the case, haven't looked up the player) then some people say "how predictable, some new player gets it"

These comments happen all the time with just about every event.

This event was structured so that everyone had a chance, and guess what, everyone did (looking at my watch, there is still time left)

My mining result last night was 78.8% return, which is fairly typical and for the record I was happy with.

Back