Calypso Land Deeds will be migrated to the Entropia Exchange

I would argue that greed is the less important narrative underpinning this decision. Developer incentive tradeoffs are, in general, quite insightful when picking apart game design problems, but here the most significant aspect seems to be the collapse of functionality, the prioritization of simplicity and streamlining over feature-richness, the tacit assertion that MA's top-down analysis of how features afford value to players takes developmental precedent over the bottom-up materialization of the multifaceted and dynamic ecosystem of player decisions which actually create both entertainment value and economic value.

The removal of the ability to drop items on the ground may be a decent analogy.

The fee is infinitely more on auctioner than exchange if u try to list one by one a deed for 30 peds,as, that will be the cost of 1 share after the split up, feel free to try it. If u compare exchange vs auctioner, exchanger is way better. So, this change doesnt add any extra fees, just reducing some :)

Which is why i was talking about peer to peer trades, which is the only option that has NO fees atrached. An option that is removed with the move to exchange. There is likely a decent portion of trades being handled peer to peer BECAUSE there are no fees attached.

The only greed is from you players.
MA needs fees to pay their employees and develop the game.
I really hope you’re kidding.
Develop the game? They havent done anything new with the game in half a decade. All they have bene doing is turning mob spawns on and off and keeping the servers on.

they’ve had their most profitable years year over year for the last 4

I really hope you’re kidding.
Develop the game? They havent done anything new with the game in half a decade. All they have bene doing is turning mob spawns on and off and keeping the servers on.

they’ve had their most profitable years year over year for the last 4
They haven’t developed because they need more fees, they are trying to make more income so they can make more content.

They haven’t developed because they need more fees, they are trying to make more income so they can make more content.
They should add a 10 pec fee every time we log in, a 1 pec fee every time we change servers, a 10 pec fee every time we use TPs, add a limited ammount of uses to TP before it breaks and need to be repaired with a City TP Repairer MK.1. It should help a bit for the content creation.

They should add a 10 pec fee every time we log in, a 1 pec fee every time we change servers, a 10 pec fee every time we use TPs, add a limited ammount of uses to TP before it breaks and need to be repaired with a City TP Repairer MK.1. It should help a bit for the content creation.
That last one wouldn’t be a bad idea people like repairing for skills

I would quite like to see some barrier to use the TPs implemented, whether it be a fee, item use, quest reward etc. This helps with world building and not taking the convenience of teleportation for granted. As an example, think about how most TPs need to be visited before you can travel to them - I don't think many people would deny this is a good thing and I don't foresee many who would argue for a new player to have full access to every TP at first login. Making TP access and use more difficult would encourage other forms of transport and make travelling the land a more adventurous enterprise. It would also help to differentiate shop locations by their geographical value and proximity to other amenities.

Won't AUDs and AMDs still be useful for rental collateral?

Last edited:
Here's what I would suggest to MA as a possible compromise:

Step 1: implement an option for CLD holders to be able to convert thei deeds to the Exchange.
Step 2: make CLDs unlistable on the auction but keep them tradeable between players via private trades.
Step 3: when someone tries to use the auction to sell CLDs, provide a system message "please use the exchange to sell these"

This way, people who wish to keep their CLDs will continue to be able to use them as collateral, they will also have the option to sell them without incurring fees, via a private trade.

Step 4: reduce the fees on the exchange, come on MA, why so greedy...?
Or perhaps mindark have plans for renting services but is waiting until ue5 release.. and things needs to happen before that so that why things like this happens before the ue5 release.

So if now I have 10 CLD I will have 1 000 Calypso shares. I'm in.
I hope MA don't remove ComPet shares from the ped flow center.

No they haven’t developed because y’all are continuing to give them money when the game has been stagnant in content. Money talks. Once again, they have PROFITTED the most in the last couple of years, WHILE HIRING MORE EMPLOYEES.

what are these employees doing????

We don’t even have a community manager.

Wait we have a dog that is some how fucking immortal

No they haven’t developed because y’all are continuing to give them money when the game has been stagnant in content. Money talks. Once again, they have PROFITTED the most in the last couple of years, WHILE HIRING MORE EMPLOYEES.

what are these employees doing????

We don’t even have a community manager.

Wait we have a dog that is some how fucking immortal
ever heard about that unreal thing they are working on?

ever heard about that unreal thing they are working on?
You mean the unreal that they put on hold to "Work on the TWEN event"? What about for the previous 5 years? Why are we giving them excuses when the company shareholders are making record profits recently

You mean the unreal that they put on hold to "Work on the TWEN event"? What about for the previous 5 years? Why are we giving them excuses when the company shareholders are making record profits recently
i was just pulling your leg, i do agree that this event is underwhelming

but still, it just started and is going for a whole year. im in the camp of lets be patient and see what happens.

and im super happy if they are making record profits, good for them! money talks. if people dislike the product they'll stop spending on it. but people keep spending on it so it really musn't be that bad?

It will be interesting to see if they migrate all deeds to the Entropia Exchange. It would make sense in terms of optimization of the game by reducing redundancy and also lowering the bar for other players to own a portion of CLD. I look at is a positive since it will keep people from falling victim to unethical auction order scammers that prey on mistakes.

I don't know if they will do it but it would be cool if MA added some type of collateral function to the exchange since people use deeds as such. Maybe a peer to peer contract or lean against exchange assets of some type. Maybe the banks could be used to facilitate such things if the players who own those properties are still active. There are possibilities there if MA is going in that direction.

I am sure there will be a lot of changes pre and post Unreal migration, sometimes there are opportunities by riding those waves and looking for them.

i was just pulling your leg, i do agree that this event is underwhelming

but still, it just started and is going for a whole year. im in the camp of lets be patient and see what happens.

and im super happy if they are making record profits, good for them! money talks. if people dislike the product they'll stop spending on it. but people keep spending on it so it really musn't be that bad?
Idk, people keep using a lot of things that are bad. People aren't the best judges for what's good for them or of what is just good quality in general.

But yeah I'm okay with waiting for the better parts of TWEN, but like...What else can they do besides release new items?

LOOT 3.0 BABY!!!!

Idk, people keep using a lot of things that are bad. People aren't the best judges for what's good for them or of what is just good quality in general.

But yeah I'm okay with waiting for the better parts of TWEN, but like...What else can they do besides release new items?

LOOT 3.0 BABY!!!!
they could:

- spawn bosses at dedicated event OLAs on a regular basis
- "decorate" main cities & hubs so we know there's a celebration going on
- create a mission or mission chain centered around the "history" of the universe, reward can be purely cosmetic with no value
- there could be a "celebration area" with a health restoring statue kind of what is on next island and some different items like a feast you could click for various limited-time buffs like 5% skilling increase bonus for an hour....something that you could get once daily

imagine a year-long collective mission where the leader of the imperial forces is arriving to calypso and we have to scramble to prepare for his arrival, players could hunt/mine/craft to gather resources needed for a great banquet or ceremony of some sort... and then during the celebration hitting different milestones in terms of resources collected collectively could "trigger" events around the planet or universe....thats just a random idea but it would be fitting for a celebration

have me try some of the stuff that isnt in-game anymore. how about some flashbacks to 20 years ago? how about a special teleporter only active during the event that takes you to Hadesheim, as in the old Hadesheim city not what it is now? It's something I've never been able to see in-game and would love to

thing is even if they did all of that, a big number of players would probably just complain that we are not getting TWEN items more...

The fee is infinitely more on auctioner than exchange if u try to list one by one a deed for 30 peds,as, that will be the cost of 1 share after the split up, feel free to try it. If u compare exchange vs auctioner, exchanger is way better. So, this change doesnt add any extra fees, just reducing some :)
As it sits now, yes the auctioneer is more expensive, but they are splitting the CLD's up into 100 units down to a 30 ped per unit cost. so that 25 pec is now is a lot more expensive than the current 50pec auction fee. Because you are calculating selling the whole 3000 ped or 100 new shares vs the current 1 deed value, but what is going to happen is now that the barrier to entry has gone down, tons of players who never could afford CLD's will now buy these shares, so mindark can easily get 25 pec *100, if someone sells off 1 CLD. that convers to 25 ped, then add in whatever % they take on top of that, and it easily becomes more expensive on the exchange. Dont forget trading activity will go UP because barrier to entry has gone down, so that 25 pec fee will earn them infinitely more than the auction fee.

And no matter what price they put it at, it will always be more expensive than the auction fee. Because you wont be able to trade them FOR FREE via P2P.
The only greed is from you players.
MA needs fees to pay their employees and develop the game.
As stated by others mindark has had very profitable years the past few years, for them COVID was a gift from God because players were trapped in doors, and especially here in the US people got stimulus checks, and people have a hard time prioritizing financial needs over wants so I bet a large portion of US players spent a bunch of that on the game.
Either way, MA is already collecting fees from CLDs as they are sold in auction, so why do they need to take away from players the ability to trade with each other for free?
Their Mantra for years has been "All trades are final". And when you contact support they always recommend you use collateral in your trades if you are lending items between friends, or in my case as a business model. So now they are removing the item that is most easily used as collateral for this purpose. So that is a second function they are deny players.
Players are not being greedy by not wanting to lose gameplay function with no added functionality to make up for the loss. This is one of the few times I would say I don't want MA working on an update. Because the update serves no meaningful value to the player base and removes gameplay mechanics and safety features.
Won't AUDs and AMDs still be useful for rental collateral?
Yes and no. Their low value will mean it requires a higher volume to collateralize any large trade. Want to borrow a 100k+ item from a friend, now you need over 1250 AUDs, and nearly triple that in AMD's vs. 34 CLD's. Don't forget the differences in income as well. CLD's pay out a lot more than AUDs and AMDs. So to be able to collateralize something the ped tied up will be earning way less than it was before and require more units, and price changes have a bigger impact on overall value of the deeds. A new event gets announced, suddenly price shoots up, or drops, by 3-5+ ped. That makes a huge impact.

I think the main issue everyone has is mindark is taking away functionality without offering something new to replace it and making us pay them for doing it. If they were offering us a way to still trade them directly without Mindark taking a fee, or even with a fee so they can still be used the way they are now, there would not be a problem with them going on the exchange. Keep in mind CLD's were supposed to turn into houses or something like a decade ago(Or more?) and they never really did what they said they were going to do. So they already effed up their original purpose of function for the player.

If I am not mistaken CLDs were only created because a deal fell through with a company that was supposed to buy calypso so Mindark would only offer services to PP's and not run a planet themselves, and the players bailed them out by buying the CLDs. (Someone correct me if I am wrong I was not playing when all of this happened, I am going off of memory from reading about it somewhere)

Not the worst MA can do.

What I am interested in is, will the payout intervall be the same?
Weekly, or will this be changed ?

Not the worst MA can do.

What I am interested in is, will the payout intervall be the same?
Weekly, or will this be changed ?
Payment remains unaffected according to their official statement

I like the exchange actually. CLD will become much more liquid. There's obviously some impacts, although not a big issue for my play style.

Would be good for an in-game rental system to be created. So anyone can rent a 5/6 figure weapon without having 5 or 6 figures in the game.
I have also wanted something like this for years.

However, I can't see why Mindark would do it.

Would be good for an in-game rental system to be created. So anyone can rent a 5/6 figure weapon without having 5 or 6 figures in the game.
I have also wanted something like this for years.

However, I can't see why Mindark would do it.
I totally agree

More deposit for collateral means more cash in MA's account

I totally agree

More deposit for collateral means more cash in MA's account

Less money tied up in collateral means more bankroll. More bankroll means (usually) more cycling. More cycling means more income for MA. I can see why they would do it

Then of course there is also the ability for MA to add a fee for using the system, like all of their other systems :)

Less money tied up in collateral means more bankroll. More bankroll means (usually) more cycling. More cycling means more income for MA. I can see why they would do it

Then of course there is also the ability for MA to add a fee for using the system, like all of their other systems :)
I could see a rental service coming in game, price of weapons goes 2x-3x up as maybe 1 reseller decided to buy all 2.0 guns to have market on rental service, so anyone not looking to use a rental service needs to pay a lot more then current prices or forced to use a rental. Not that this effects ma unless i decide that since i don't want to pay more .. or use a rental service and don't deposit at all.

Just one way it could play out if rental service comes to EU.

SpikE

Back