Calypso Land Deeds will be migrated to the Entropia Exchange

I have also wanted something like this for years.

However, I can't see why Mindark would do it.
they could take a fee for it. Revenue for them. Its a missed opportunity because only those who have peds in game can use these options now and they get nothing for it.

they could take a fee for it. Revenue for them. Its a missed opportunity because only those who have peds in game can use these options now and they get nothing for it.
Making relationships even more important, which is one thing I enjoy about entropia. If you can borrow/lend things through a system that is 100% safe, what would be the reason to ever buy something that's worth more than a certain amount of peds?
Why would anyone ever buy anything if there is no need for it? To save a couple of peds of fee?

Imagine owning some of the big, end game items and this system is implemented. What might happen to the current value of the gun, when there is no one who would buy it because it would be insane to buy it, when you can just borrow it?

I let my friends use my gear.
Friends also let me use their gear.

The only time I'd need collateral is when I am trying to make a deal with someone I do not know IRL or have not known for a long time in game. And this comes with a risk, of course.

Making relationships even more important, which is one thing I enjoy about entropia. If you can borrow/lend things through a system that is 100% safe, what would be the reason to ever buy something that's worth more than a certain amount of peds?
Why would anyone ever buy anything if there is no need for it? To save a couple of peds of fee?

Imagine owning some of the big, end game items and this system is implemented. What might happen to the current value of the gun, when there is no one who would buy it because it would be insane to buy it, when you can just borrow it?

I let my friends use my gear.
Friends also let me use their gear.

The only time I'd need collateral is when I am trying to make a deal with someone I do not know IRL or have not known for a long time in game. And this comes with a risk, of course.
I have no doubt there may be some impacts. Some of which may be positive. Weapon owners take breaks, sleep,etc. why not use that time to rent out your weapon. Owning the weapon means you can use it as you please or rent it. But this is why we have a discussion like this to surface up all the sides of the die roll.

You mean the unreal that they put on hold to "Work on the TWEN event"? What about for the previous 5 years? Why are we giving them excuses when the company shareholders are making record profits recently
RDI labs, space boss wave, new textures on mobs from current UE5 dev into Entropia to mention a few things. but thats nothing i guess :)

what would be the reason to ever buy something that's worth more than a certain amount of peds?

I think the implication is that the item owners are the ones letting people rent their items. If they set their rental fees too low, they depreciate their items value, and that would be their own doing.

As long as item owner set their rates according to item values, there would still be incentive to buy.

Rentals would be, much like in real life (most of the time) a more expensive alternative, with less risk.

It would make it easier for item owners to make money off their idle resources. It would be easier for those with a desire to rent, cause lower cost entry. It would be advantqgeous to MA cause there would be (likely) more players cycling at a higher rate, generating more income.

TLDR; if item owners depreciate their item values by setting their fees too low, it is their own problem.

EDIT: Moving items would likely get harder, but it would also be less of a problem since it would be easier to make idle money off if it

Less money tied up in collateral means more bankroll. More bankroll means (usually) more cycling. More cycling means more income for MA. I can see why they would do it

Then of course there is also the ability for MA to add a fee for using the system, like all of their other systems :)
This. 10x This. I don't understand why they have not implemented it sooner.
I could see a rental service coming in game, price of weapons goes 2x-3x up as maybe 1 reseller decided to buy all 2.0 guns to have market on rental service, so anyone not looking to use a rental service needs to pay a lot more then current prices or forced to use a rental. Not that this effects ma unless i decide that since i don't want to pay more .. or use a rental service and don't deposit at all.

Just one way it could play out if rental service comes to EU.

SpikE
The overhead costs are high, and the returns for any particular item are random. Unlike owning land areas where all your ped is concentrated in 1 thing, that has a steady and reliable form of income you can directly tie to that item. I wouldn't see a lot of people doing it large scale like I am because of how volatile price can be, and difficulty in selling items if they want out of the game or just change PED allocation. Now they got dozens of items to sell instead of 1 single item. But you do have a valid point. Mindark can combat it by having a lot of the newer items released in larger quantities. Like how rings have had more drop
Because no matter how good you make the rental rate, or the collateral requirement, some people just want to own their own shit and will never use your service, no matter what you offer them.
Edit: Trust me, this is coming from experience.

It's the same like IRL. You can also borrow car, but if you use it offten you will probably buy your own.
Rental fees = MU
If you own that item you don't have to pay MU.

TLDR; if item owners depreciate their item values by setting their fees too low, it is their own problem.

EDIT: Moving items would likely get harder, but it would also be less of a problem since it would be easier to make idle money off if it
This would actually combat the problem with resellers flipping items and inflating the economy artificially. Now if that new person gets that rare drop, they can rent it instead of having to sell it to someone, which usually happens to be a reseller as they are the ones with a lot of ped laying around not tied up in items.
And making it harder to move items would de-incentivize people that just spend all day flipping items that provide no value-add to the economy. There is a place for traders and resellers, they do serve a vital role in the game economy, but some exploit this and it would make it harder for them to do that.

They just did the conversion.

So if,

1 CLD will be converted to 100 shares + 1 Calypso Land Plot (there was a total of 60K CLD)

and...

Sixty thousand land plot deeds will be offered at $100 USD each.

There will be a total of 120 000 land plot deeds ?

Edit: or some CLD became CLD X so maybe less

• Calypso Land Deeds have been migrated to the Entropia Exchange.
    Existing Calypso Land Deed items have been removed from avatar inventory or storage; each Calypso Land Deed has been converted to 100 shares in the Calypso Land Deed Trust corporation on the Entropia Exchange. These shares will become tradable on February 16th, 2 PM UTC.
  • Avatars who held Calypso Land Deed items (not including Calypso Land Deed (X) items) have received one Calypso Land Plot token per deed held, for future use in the Land Plot system.

So if,

1 CLD will be converted to 100 shares + 1 Calypso Land Plot (there was a total of 60K CLD)
Where did it says that you get a land plot.. you get land plot token that will be used in the land plot system that is being updated in the future. Seen a couple say they would buy 1 cld just to get the land plot and that is not how i took it at all.

Hypothetical scenario:

What if a player had given CLDs as collateral to another player for an item prior to the conversion, but they hadn't yet traded back when the conversion occurred?
All trades are final rule I guess?

I would estimate that you have to solve it with that other player on your own?

Hypothetical scenario:

What if a player had given CLDs as collateral to another player for an item prior to the conversion, but they hadn't yet traded back when the conversion occurred?
Yeah dude i was thinking about that this morning as well... this would be a royal pain to square up if it's more than just one or two deeds.

All trades are final rule I guess?

I would estimate that you have to solve it with that other player on your own?

Yeah dude i was thinking about that this morning as well... this would be a royal pain to square up if it's more than just one or two deeds.
I have been pmed by a few people asking if I had other players deeds or just wishing me well if I did or asking how I would solve the problem. Not naming anyone, but if I was in possession of anyone's deeds they would have them returned or their value in ped refunded along with any dividends I may or may not have earned while they were in my possession. They would have the option of receiving their value at time of trade in ped, or getting them returned through the exchanged at the value they were traded at. If the price of shares is lower than the deed value and they did not want them, I would eat the cost as part of my business expenses, and if they were higher value then they would still get them at the same price they were traded at.

So what about untransferred dividends?

I suppose the day and a half of not tradeability on the share centre means people who own some as collateral can come and state their intentions at least.
Agreeing that each one should have a value for ped returns of 30ish peds may mean a profit or a loss for them come Thursday and after, but at least it's setting out certainty for the borrower that the effect will be neutral for them (whether that turns out to be a good or a bad thing).

I love that they did this, but hate HOW they did it. Having the CLD's split 1:100 makes it so that new players such as myself have a chance at buying them sooner (if we wish), and regardless of the planet we are on. That accessibility should not be overlooked. However, giving a 3 day notice (without it being clear it was happening so soon) was really not okay.

All that being said, I do agree that the purpose of this transfer was twofold: to increase revenue via exchange fees, and to prep for the update coming to the game. I would speculate the same will happen next to AUGs (within the next month or so) and then AMDs.

Some bank owners out there can please tell us how Mindark managed the conversion of the CLDs locked in the bank? Very curious about it.

PS: About the item rental system discussion going on it's not at all in the interest of Mindark to come forward with it. Why put 100k in the game if I can rent it for 100 or 200ped a weak? Don't expect it until 2025...

Step 1) Announce a highly contentious overhaul to an existing item that may induce players to want to buy/sell the item before the change is implemented
Step 2) Wait just long enough for players to place their auction orders/offers
Step 3) Spring the change before most auction transactions have had their week to go through
Step 4) Happy Valentines Day?

I actually think they need to reverse this change and give players a reasonable time frame and an ACTUAL implementation date so that planning is possible. This is not an acceptable level of communication for overhauling a game system that has been in place for a decade.

I actually think they need to reverse this change and give players a reasonable time frame and an ACTUAL implementation date so that planning is possible. This is not an acceptable level of communication for overhauling a game system that has been in place for a decade.
They should but they won't as they don't care about the players/customers, many people invest in Entropia based on their trust in Mindark, but once again they just don't give a fvck, they know that CLDs are used as collaterals, they know how it's used, they should have let at least a month for people to plan things and be aware of the change etc.

We are getting updates we don't need "in the near future" while we get needed updates "in the far future". There is much more important works to be done before this kind of dumb updates, and that was like 2 hours shutdown ?

But yea, now we have Plot tokens, good, what for ? Still no informations on that, will we have that "in the near future" ?
What was the point in dividing the deeds by 100, make them more available ? Then just put imk2, mod nano blades at the TT so they're more available.

I miss the previous teams... Marco, Skam, Kim etc

16 February 2023 we will know if this was a good call both for Mindark and the owners.

I've thought about this over the weekend.

Whilst the loan / sale agreement will affect the top end equipment swaps (possibly deliberate - MA make no money out of swapsies on daggers etc)
it may actually make things more affordable - depending on what you have in your storage will depend on whether you like this change.

Supermarkets have 'impulse buy' chocolate bars 🍫 as you leave for 'oh go on then' and add to 🧺

A Calypso Share for $3 is an impulse buy for both existing and newly registering players but if you were to ask a relatively new person to Entropia for $300 their second word would be 'off'

Long standing readers of my many posts know I have a hatred of scammers and low lifes and a compassion for those that accidentally sold 10 CLD for the price of 1 (all too easy in an auction system that has barely changed in 17 years and certainly wasnt fit for deeds sales)

For those people, this change stops them making profit by cheating the system and lets be sure, those people use their 'alt accounts' for this purpose.

I hope this post manages to stay in place. Took me 10 minutes to put it down to screen.

I made a thread in General discussion regarding CLD's and making a service to replace the lost functionality. Would love players feedback. Check it out here.

I just love how MA did this short msg saying oh btw we intend to do this - they saw negative feedback and they rushed it thrue. Makes me wonder 20 years of ENtropia and the community has no representatives ? Even tho majority of ppl in here are paying customers !

Interesting MA have listed the deeds as "Calypso Land Deed Trust" 6m deeds.

I love that kind of stuff, what's the reason behind the Trust i wonder? Are they trying to separate the game from the ownership of calypso. Maybe some tax advantages. I'm not bothered about it, i just find it quite interesting.

Back