Help: UI Release: Bug/Crash Report Thread

Status
We have tested and it worked properly in both live and testing. How do you close the game? If you close the game through any other means than opening main menu and clicking "Exit", there is a chance that key bindings will not save properly.
Excuse me, but these are such basic things... It is standard procedure that applications handle this by themselves, even when Alt-F4 is used. Either the key command is explicitly captured, or a standard routine every program has which gets called upon a shutdown signal from the OS handles proper file closures before exiting. The only possibility for data loss to occur which cannot be addressed is when a user kills the process in task manager.

Bug Report #1
  • Title: Cooldown of Arsonistic Chip and Modified Resto not showing correctly
  • Date Found: 2/22/2024
Description:
  • Expected: When an item such as a Modified Resto Chip or Arsonistic Chip is used there is a visual indicator over the item on the action bar that is persistent even if the item is not physically out.
  • Actual: When casting an arson chip or mod resto, the cooldown is not reflected on the action bar. As a result, at glance it appears as though the item is off cool down and ready to be used, however once the item is pulled it out can't be used. Furthermore, the visual indicator is so small that it's difficult to see how long is even left.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Cast Arson
  2. Put Arson Away
  3. Look for lack of visual indicator that the item is on cooldown.

What leads me to believe that the cooldown not being reflective on the action bar is a bug:

Having this visual indication would be a huge QoL upgrade. When using an arson twen or mayhem chip for example, if the attack is jammed then you are left counting to 20 in your head or watching the physical chip in your inventory to have an indication when the cooldown is done with your chip. Otherwise you risk pulling the chip out early, while it is still on cooldown, thus 'hurting' your effective DPS.

Cheers

I too would like this fixed.

Bug Report
  • Title: Cooldown items showing incorrect cooldown in toolbar
  • Date Found: [feb/22/2024]
Description:
  • Expected: Cooldown animation in toolbar to take appropriate amount of time. e.g. arson twen is 20 second cooldown so cooldown animiation should be 20 seconds
  • Actual: Much less than 20 seconds to complete the animation, actually closer to 4 seconds
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Have arso twen chip on toolbar
  2. Have a restoration chip (tested with resto 14 L ) on same toolbar as the arso chip
  3. Use arso twen chip on a creature
  4. While arso dot is ongoing, use restoration chip to heal yourself
  5. Watch how the cooldown on both items speed up significantly in the toolbar.

In case you didnt know the cooldown animation or "visual indication" you mention is not a new feature. Ludvig is correct when he says that this visual indication is more easily seen in this new VU, although its currently bugged like we have both reported.

Make an icon of your arso chip or other cooldown item on your screen and when you cast it you will see a cooldown animation on the icon. It can be very hard to see the animation though since its kind of transparent/gray.

We have tested and it worked properly in both live and testing. How do you close the game? If you close the game through any other means than opening main menu and clicking "Exit", there is a chance that key bindings will not save properly.
I'm closing the game exactly how you describe, using Exit function. I have both Numpad Enter and Toggle Run/Walk that I have to clear every time I start the game. Everything else stays.

Would a "Save Changes" function help? It's also something expects to see and probably many of us have looked for something like that or wondering if there are any steps necessary in order for the changes to be saved and it should be there for consistency with Options interface, every time you navigate out of a tab you're asked to save/discard changes...

Bug Report
  • Title: Vehicle Name and status display does not reappear at new location
  • Date Found: 02/23/2024
Description:
  • Expected: I have rearranged my interface and moved everything I need to the right bottom corner. When a vehicle was entered I moved the Vehicle name and status display to a new location where I expected it to reappear when entering any vehicle.
  • Actual: After exiting and entering a vehicle again the Vehicle name and status display is restored to it's default position and not to the new position I moved it too. This means that it is now displayed behind other screen elements which I have moved to that position. It should stay in the new position like any other interface element which has been moved to a new position.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Enter a vehicle. The Name ans status display appears.
  2. Move the Vehicle Name and status display to a new desired location.
  3. Exit the vehicle. The Name and status display disappears.
  4. Enter a vehicle. The Name and status display now appears back in the default position. Not where I moved it to.

Bug Report
  • Title: Esc/Main menu glitches
  • Date Found: 02/23/20124
Description:
  • Expected: Pressing Esc on keyboard should open the Main menu.
  • Actual: Sometimes Esc does not open the Main menu dialog.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Enter UI Edit mode by pressing L
  2. Move an action bar a bit.
  3. Press L to exit UI Edit Mode
  4. Press Esc to open the Main menu. The Main Menu is not shown.
  5. Open another dialog and close it again.
  6. Now Esc will open the Main menu.
I'm not sure if it happens all the time as described above, but I think so,

Bug Report
  • Title: Only 3 missions tracked
Description:
  • Expected: Display of as many missions as possible from the location of the mission tracker. Calculated using screen size.
  • Actual: Only three missions are shown, I have moved the mission tracker to the top of the screen (1920,1080) so there is plenty of space below the tracker.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Track Mission 1
  2. Track Mission 2
  3. Track Mission 3
  4. Track Mission 4
  5. Mission 1 is untracked and so forth...

Bug Report
  • Title: Random "Skill boost" messages
Description:
  • I have now recieved the big "skill boost" banner across the screen twice when doing nothing and there is no bonus icon appearing in the list. First time i was just running around, no pet out, no nothing. Second time was in an outpost after using the repair terminal. At no point did i get any type of skill increase bonus and did nothing that would trigger it.

Bug Report
Description:
  • I have now recieved the big "skill boost" banner across the screen twice when doing nothing and there is no bonus icon appearing in the list. First time i was just running around, no pet out, no nothing. Second time was in an outpost after using the repair terminal. At no point did i get any type of skill increase bonus and did nothing that would trigger it.
As well as the banners for when you enter cities or wave events are delayed maybe that is the case also for skill bonus banners.

So have you hunted minutes prior to this banner?

As well as the banners for when you enter cities or wave events are delayed maybe that is the case also for skill bonus banners.

So have you hunted minutes prior to this banner?
As i mentioned, there was no little "box" for a skill boost in the UI. I had a friend mention he experienced the same thing too.

Bug Report
Description:

As i mentioned, there was no little "box" for a skill boost in the UI. I had a friend mention he experienced the same thing too.

I had happen this morning.

Were you hunting minutes before that banner or not? Yes/No

New hotfix is out:
  • Cooldowns for items and Mindforce Chips on the Action Bar should now be displayed correctly
  • Added an untrack button to the Quest Tracker UI
  • Added a button for leaving the team in the Team UI
  • Fixed missing icons in the Construction UI
If you are currently in the game, you will need to log out and then back in to apply the hotfix.

New hotfix is out:
  • Cooldowns for items and Mindforce Chips on the Action Bar should now be displayed correctly
If you are currently in the game, you will need to log out and then back in to apply the hotfix.
Bug Report
  • Title: Crafting icons broken
Description:
  • When you get residue and a skill gain both icons appear on top of each other.

Last edited:
Bug Report

• Title: AutoRun not working
  • Date Found: 22/02/2024
Description:

• Expected: Assign AutoRun to Action bar position - when pressed avatar should run in direction of camera
  • Actual: Not working - pressing assigned key for Auto Run/Move - nothing happens
Fixed this - but does show maybe a glitch in the system.

Had the number 2 set in Keybindings to Autorun/move.
AND it set on the first action bar in position 2.
Result - pressing 2 did nothing

Remove from action bar - 2 worked from the setting in key bindings.
Clear it from Key Bindings, and assign it to action bar in position 2 - works by pressing 2.
Just not both :)

Bug Report
  • Title: Player Register not accessible via Contact Window
  • Date Found: 02/23/204
Description:
  • Expected: Player Register should be available via the Contact Window (it was accessible there in the old UI).
  • Actual: Player Register is missing from the Contact Window.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Press "C" to open the Contact Screen.
  2. Observe lack of Player Register accessibility on the Contact Screen.
Screenshots:
This screenshot shows one way the Player Register could be added to the Contact Window:
4DtGXYa.png

New hotfix is out:
@Ludvig|MindArk - Any chance of bringing in the movement actions bug into the next hot fix??

Bug Report
  • Title: Ticket event - event window
Description:
  • Expected: Close the result window after LA event is over by pressing close
  • Actual: semi-minimize the window instead of closing, and maximize when pressing again, cant remove the window without relog
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Join event
  2. wait for it to be over
  3. try to close the window

Bug Report
  • Title: Keybinded weapon triggers weapon when pressing the key, but no output is registered
    • Action bar 1 is missing block of code that should be used in keybinding. Missing Interact functionality!
  • Date Found: [02/23/2024]
    • noticed this from day one, but posting it now, since not resolved by now. It bugs the hell out of me, to not being able to do dmg when pressing a key that has weapon binded to it.

Description:
  • Expected: When you press lets say number 3 key that is in Action bar 1, weapon on that key should make a hit or something to a mob. If mob is out of range, avatar should move towards a mob if mob is targeted/locked by aim system.
  • Actual NOK: When key is pressed with weapon binded to it, gun make a shot, reloads, but mob just stands there unharmed. When pressing key that has weapon binded to it, avatar also doesn't move/run towards the mob as it does with Interact option (mob is locked by the aim system, but nothing happens). Sometimes hit lends on a mob when pressing same key multiple times, however 90% of time just doing empty shots/reloads and avatar never do run towards a mob.
  • Actual OK: If using mouse there is no issues. If mob is targeted/locked by the aim system, avatar moves towards a mob if out or range and lands a hit.
  • Actual OK: If using key that has "Interact" binded to it there is no issues as well. If mob is targeted/locked by the aim system, avatar moves towards a mob if out of range and each hit is executed as it should be.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Bind 3 different range weapons. One in num. 1, other in num. 2, third in num. 3, just so you'll see that weapon is not a problem - code for key bindings is NOK. Use Action bar 1, since it has numeric keybindings.
  2. Go near a mob, locktarget it, then just press few times 1 key, few times 2 key and few times 3 key number with prebinded weapon. You will see no dmg, just shooting into the void and reloading.
  3. Go a bit out of weapon range radius and try to press 1, 2 or 3 key number. You will see avatar doesn't move towards it either.
Tried:
Did reset all settings to default
Did reset whole UI to default
Checked/updated all files but problem is still there, therefore this is coding problem.
Action bar 1 is missing block of code that should be used in keybinding. Missing "Interact" functionality!

Bug Report
  • Title: No lifesteal from arsochip
Description:
  • Expected: to be healed by lifesteal from every damage it does
  • Actual: Do not get lifesteal
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Grab arsochip
  2. shoot a mob

Bug Report
  • Title: No lifesteal from arsochip
Description:
  • Expected: to be healed by lifesteal from every damage it does
  • Actual: Do not get lifesteal
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Grab arsochip
  2. shoot a mob
You never did get lifesteal for duration of the 10-20secs. Only on first hit. First hit lifesteal works as it did before for me.

You never did get lifesteal for duration of the 10-20secs. Only on first hit. First hit lifesteal works as it did before for me.
I tested this long time ago. Back then it did give lifesteal for the entire damage output of the arso. It no longer does though. Now, it only gives lifesteal for the initial hit.

Bug Report
  • Title: Offline Time no longer shows on Contact List
Description:
  • Expected: Should be able to see how long a friend has been offline in contact list.
  • Actual: Offline Time no longer shows for any offline friends
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Open Contact List
  2. Scroll to Offline Friend
  3. Click name to view profile and observe that Offline Time is no longer displayed.
Screenshots:
This screenshot shows a location where Offline Time could be re-added to the Contact's info:
ap8zk9m.png

Bug Report
  • Title: Chat bar focus is keeping focus even after you click off the chat box.
Description:
  • Expected: When entering text in chat, a mob approaches and you need to leave the chat window and activate a weapon. You click off chat and the bar under the chat turns white indicating you are no longer in chat. You press 1 to activate a weapon. The weapon is selected.
  • Actual: When entering text in chat, a mob approaches and you need to leave the chat window and activate a weapon. You click off chat and the bar under the chat turns white indicating you are no longer in chat. You press 1 to activate a weapon. A 1 shows up on the chat entry line. No weapon is selected.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Click on the chat box entry line and start entering text. The indicator line below the chat entry box turns orange indicating the chat entry has focus.
  2. Click off of the chat entry box. The line under the chat entry box turns white indicating the chat no longer has focus.
  3. Type an action command like "1" of a key command like "f". What you type is entered in the chat entry area and not issued as a command in the game. What you typed shows up in the chat entry area.

Bug Report
  • Title: Item info in action bar does not update upon attachment change
  • Date Found: time of writing
Description:
  • Expected: Item info of an item shown in an action bar by hovering the mouse pointer over it should display up-to-date item status equal to the item info display in inventory when attachments are equipped or unequipped
  • Actual: Item info of an item shown in an action bar by hovering the mouse pointer over it does not reflect up-to-date item status when attachments are equipped or unequipped in inventory.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Ensure an action bar is visible and contains a tool or weapon for which you have an attachment.
  2. Check its item info by moving the mouse pointer over it.
  3. Open inventory and check the same item's info by moving the mouse pointer over it.
  4. If the item already has an attachment on it, unattach it. If not, equip an attachment.
  5. Compare again the item's mouse-over info displays between inventory and action bar.

Bug Report
  • Title: ConactList
  • Date 24/02/24
Description:
  • Expected: When you move cursor over the Nearby / Friends / Society etc players who are listed.. u dont see the full name displayed as it was before, if are two John on radar u cannot see who is who

I get the global events menu popping up when I get a mining claim. This might be due to some setting in my game, but I can't work out what.

Last edited:
[System]: Entropia Universe time: 2024-02-24 09:01:34

Adding new Armor set, and then taking it of ends with clothing also taken.

Bug Report
  • Title: Esc/Main menu glitches
  • Date Found: 02/23/20124
Description:
  • Expected: Pressing Esc on keyboard should open the Main menu.
  • Actual: Sometimes Esc does not open the Main menu dialog.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Enter UI Edit mode by pressing L
  2. Move an action bar a bit.
  3. Press L to exit UI Edit Mode
  4. Press Esc to open the Main menu. The Main Menu is not shown.
  5. Open another dialog and close it again.
  6. Now Esc will open the Main menu.
I'm not sure if it happens all the time as described above, but I think so,
I am getting this all the time. It is annoying

Status
Back