Help: UI Release: Bug/Crash Report Thread

Status
Bug Report
  • Title: Gaps around map tiles in map UI if surrounding tile near edge of viewable area
  • Date Found: 25/2/2024
Description:
  • Expected: Map should always fill map area unless no map tile exists for a map tile edge
  • Actual: If dragging map so a surrounding tile only shows a half a cm on the left side, surrounding map tile vanishes and a bar of blue background is displayed in its place
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Open map - set to largest size, max zoom in
  2. drag map tile so that there is a only a small amount of surrounding tile showing on left side
  3. observe map surrounding map tile vanishes on left side

Last edited:
Bug Report
  • Title: Map slow to render after pressing map key (about a quarter to half second)
  • Date Found: 24/2/2024
Description:
  • Expected: Map should appear on screen as fast as any other UI element, e.g. action list
  • Actual: Map UI is signficantly slower than other UI elements (about 300ms)
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Press bound map key
  2. Observe slow render time
  3. press bound map key.
  4. observe how much faster hiding the map is compared to loading it

Bug Report
  • Title: Items thumbnails take ages to load when first opening Interface following a login
  • Date Found: 24/2/2024 (but was also the case with old UI)
Description:
  • Expected: Although this issue has been the case for years, I was really hoping the new UI would fix it and see us have items load in/display quickly.
  • Actual: Item loading is so slow we can literally drink our tea while waiting for them to load in/render when viewing Inventory
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Have a relatively full inventory
  2. Login
  3. Wait a while for things to settle down
  4. Open an inventory page with lots of items on it
  5. Observe how they slowly load in over a minute or so
Advice:
- could this be fixed or at least partially fixed by having item thumbnails cached locally? That way, if the items need to be fetched at each login, only their stats need to be downloaded. Thinking there's a chance this may speed things up? Just a guess though.

Bug Report
  • Title: Avatar head doesn't retain last position when using rotation camera or photo mode
  • Date Found: After Control UI update ages ago
Description:
  • Expected: For example, when turning avatar's head down and a bit to the right and then rotating the camera to view the avatar from the front, the avatars head will stay pointing in the direction it was pointing before use of the rotation camera.
  • Actual: As soon as the rotation or pose camera is used, avatar's head snaps back to looking ahead and dead straight. Makes it impossible to take the kind of screen shots or views we used to be able to prior to control UI update as avatar can never be viewed from the front looking down, or to the right a bit or, similar.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Go to third person mode
  2. move/position avatar for example looking at something up and to the right
  3. use the rotation cam to view the avatar from the front, observe avatar is no longer looking up and to the right but instead has moved head to looking straight ahead and level

Bug Report
  • Title: Names over Avatars/NPCs hard to read
  • Date Found: 23/2/2024
Description:
  • Expected: To able to clearly see an avatar/NPC's name over their head, regardless of background
  • Actual: Names are rendered in small white text without shadow/border or in a box with a contrasting background. Very hard to see say against light sky or light coloured ground.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Look at any avatar or NPC
  2. adjust view so that there is a light background behind their name
  3. observe how text doesn't stand out
Advice

-
Might be best to offer render options for avatar name appearance similar to those on offer for chat. i.e. with/without a background, with choice of font size, and with choice of the bold option. Some text shadow or outline might help too.

Last edited:
Bug Report
  • Title: UI Edit Mode button on Action Panel doesn't change colour when toggling
Description:
  • Expected: See picture below from tutorial, when clicking this button it looks like it is meant to highlight a sort of orange colour
  • Actual: No change to button appearance. It activates (i.e. I can now move UI elements around) but there is no change to the appearance of the button so I don't actually know what mode I'm in without actually trying to move a UI element and seeing if it goes.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Open Action Panel
  2. Click UI Edit Mode button
  3. observe that button doesn't change appearance as in illustionation below, but does activate UI edit mode as can now move UI elements
UI-Edit_Mode.webp

Bug Report
  • Title: Mission Tracking box does not retain location ever......
Description:
  • Expected: Press L , move mission tracking box to new location, and for it to stay where you put it...
  • Actual: change zones, teleport, relog, and the tracking mission box just goes back to its default location
Steps to Reproduce:
move mission box, teleport, change zones, warp, relog,etc... see mission box go back to old location

Last edited:
Bug Report
  • Title: Can't bind Windows key to any actions
Description:
  • Expected: To be able to bind the Windows key to something like the display of the map UI as was possible before the UI update.
  • Actual: When attempting to use the Windows key in the key binding UI dialog, it doesn't recognise any key was pressed when pressing the Windows key
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Open Actions Panel
  2. Find something to bind a key to e.g. map display
  3. click slot one for said item
  4. press windows key, observe no key press is detected

Bug Report
  • Title: Low Contrast between avatar names and background in main chat
Description:
  • Expected: Good contrast between an avatar name and the background in the chat
  • Actual: dark blue against a dark grey background isn't great contrast
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Turn on background on chat
  2. Look at main chat, e.g. with rookie channel
  3. observe dark blue avatar names against dark grey background
Advice
- increase brightness of the avatar names (or make the colour user selectable), make the dark grey background darker (or user adjustable/black?)

Bug Report
  • Title: Incorrect display of Avatar name
  • Date Found: 02/25/2024
Description:
  • Expected: When mouse hovering over the health bar the Avatar name being displayed should be what has been set from Contacts->Profile->'Select Displayed Name'->Confirm
  • Actual: Sometimes all three parts of the name is shown even if one or two parts have been disabled.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. I'm not sure exactly when the error occurs. I disable one part and it looks OK.
  2. Sometimes, sometime after a relog all parts of the name are shown again. I have to reset it again. Annoying

Bug Report
  • Title: Incorrect display of Avatar name
Description:
  • Expected: When mouse hovering over the health bar the Avatar name being displayed should be what has been set from Contacts->Profile->'Select Displayed Name'->Confirm
  • Actual: Sometimes all three parts of the name is shown even if one or two parts have been disabled.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. I'm not sure exactly when the error occurs. I disable one part and it looks OK.
  2. Sometimes, sometime after a relog all parts of the name are shown again. I have to reset it again. Annoying
This happened before this new UI also.

Bug Report
  • Title: Existing bids on auction sells not showing all the text in message center.
  • Date Found: [MM/DD/YYYY]
Description:
  • Expected: When I get a bid on something that I m selling on auction the Message Center should say "Selling (Existing Bids)"
  • Actual: It only shows "Selling (Existing I
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Put something on auc.
  2. Get a start bid.

Last edited:
Bug Report
  • Title: Hidden Action Bars' key mappings don't work
  • Date Found: 24/2/2023
Description:
  • Expected: Mapping items to action bar slots, and action bar slots to key binds should allow associated action bar key-binds to work even if action bar is hidden from on-screen UI. [Just because I hide an action bar... doesn't mean I don't want to use one (via keyboard mappings)*.]
  • Actual: Once I've mapped all my spare keyboard keys to items I've placed in the action bars, and then hidden the action bars from the on-screen UI (because clutter), none of my action bar key mappings work any more :'-((
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Go into options and ensure action bar 1 is displayed on on-screen UI
  2. go into actions panel and map action bar 1, slot 1 to T key
  3. click edit UI button in action panel
  4. open inventory
  5. drag a TP chip on to action bar 1 slot 1 (for example)
  6. Note that pressing T now activates the teleport chip (good)
  7. Open options
  8. Hide action bar 1
  9. Note that pressing T no-longer activates the teleport chip (very very bad)
Advice

-
As an aside... how about making action bars only for people who want keys that do more than one thing...? and simply allow items to be directly mapped to keyboard keys, utilising the same key map dialog as is used when binding keys from the Action Panel?

* I have a good memory and don't need reminding all the time of what items I have mapped to what keys/slots

Last edited:
Bug Report
  • Title: When arriving via a Teleporter at a destination, "Welcome to..." message shows for departing location and then arriving location
  • Date Found: 25/02/2024
Description:
  • Expected: To see "Welcome to" for arrival destination only
  • Actual: Saw "Welcome to [departing location]" then "Welcome to [Arriving location]"
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. TP from Boreas via the standard teleporter to Camp Icarus
  2. Observe the 2 subsequent "Welcome To" messages for Boreas Outpost then Camp Icarus in quick succession

Bug Report
  • Title: timer showing remaining time left in instance if you relog or drop or get dead bug
Description:
  • Expected: if you get disconnected or relog or w/e when you return tot he instance the timer showing remaining time left should be there
  • Actual: no timer, no box showing time
Steps to Reproduce:

enter instance look at box showing time remaining
relog/disconnect/bug out (like 15 times today ....including the getting locked into a whisper box with absolutely no way to get out of it and dieing to the mob i was tanking) till you close it....then relogging and figuring out theres no timer box afterwards also

Bug Report
  • Title: Auction dropdowns don't clear when a selection is made.
Description:
  • Expected: When a selection is made on a dropdown on the Entropia Auction Menu The dropdown menu clears and the textbox is set to the selected value.
  • Actual: When a selection is made on a dropdown on the Entropia Auction Menu The dropdown menu does not clear. The textbox is set to the selected value. You have to click on the arrow in the textbox to clear the dropdown menu.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Open the Entropia Auction.
  2. Click the arrow for the auction selection dropdown.
  3. The dropdown menu will appear with a list of all the auctions. This is defaulted to the auction for the planet you are on.
  4. Select a different planet.
  5. The textbox will change. The auction will change, but the dropdown list does not clear.
  6. This is true for the Gender selection dropdown, the Limited/Unlimited dropdown, and the auction selection dropdown.

Bug Report
  • Title: When using XBOX 360 controller it is difficult to use the thin scroll bars.
Description:
  • Expected: Use the mouse mode on the XBOX 360 controller to scroll items in a dialog box. The right thumbstick moves the mouse over the scroll bar and hitting the left bumper clicks on the scroll bar to move through the content.
  • Actual: The movement of the mouse cursor using the right thumbstick is not controllable enough to reliably place the mouse cursor on the scroll bar. The mouse movement needs to be more controllable or the scrollbars need to be wider.
Steps to Reproduce:
  2. Click the right thumbstick on the controller until the mouse cursor appears.
  3. Try to move the cursor with the right thumbstick to put the cursor over the Category scroll bar. It can be done, but it takes a lot of effort to get the cursor over the small scroll bar.

Bug Report
  • Title: There is no longer an 'X' to clear the search on the auction menu.
Description:
  • Expected: Enter a search term for auction items. After the search is complete, there should be an 'X' at the end of the search textbox to clear the search.
  • Actual: There is no 'X' to clear the search.
Steps to Reproduce:
  2. Enter a search term in the search textbox.
  3. There is no 'x' at the end of the box to clear the search textbox.

Bug Report
  • Title: Mouseover of Action Bar Tool does not update in real-time
Description:
  • Expected: Holding the mouse over the equipped tool/weapon does not update the TT value etc.. in real-time.
  • Actual: Mouse-over an Action Bar Icon should update the TT value, etc.. in real-time like it did in the old UI.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Assign a tool or weapon to an Action Bar Slot.
  2. Attack a mob and hold the mouse over the Action Bar slot during the attacks.
  3. Observe that the TT value does not update in real-time as the item decays.
Screenshots:
This screenshot shows which information should update in real-time as an item is used and decays, etc..
CvuoXri.png

Last edited:
Bug report
no main chat interface or longitude /latitude
sometimes an error window occurs says an internal error has occurred please relog into the Entropia universe.
Does not help to relog
Description
no main chat interface or longitude or latitude
sometimes an error window occurs as said above
relog does not help
happened before new UI
still happens
date found was day of new UI download and before
to reproduce i guess you would have to log onto Mayana maya Riechert avatar

Have you tried using the "Reset UI" function under Options > Interface? If that does not work, please send a support case with a full description of your issues, computer specs, and any other relevant information.

As for longitude/latitude next to the radar; there is an option for enabling that in Options > Interface as well.

When you click on the arrows at the auction to organize it by buyout for example, the arrow doesn't become bold as before.

It was very intuitive to use. Not much at the moment. I need to double or trippe check it every time before buy anything.

Also the arrows itself could be just a little bigger. Like 10-20% bigger.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Bug Report
  • Title: [HDNA dont work in Marcimex instance]
  • Date Found: [02/26/2024]
Description:
  • Expected: [I expected to get the possibility to revive from death when I had HDNA in my inventory]
  • Actual: [I died from a bloody crab and never get the option to revive on that spot I died on]
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. On Caly, enter the Mountain and get down to cave where the big Marcimex (and Falivrin) lives :D
  2. Get killed and look first so you have HDNA in inventry, look so you dont already was killed and the timer on HDNA hasnt run out.
  3. See if you comes to revive/teleport place instead of getting revived at the cave.

Bug Report
  • Title: Getting trapped in pm or a chat channel window
Description:
  • Expected: When clicking outside the window would expect the pm window to loose focus
  • Actual: Can't exit pm chat window or chat channel window
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Pm someone or open a separate chat channel window
  2. Try to hunt or walk and you can't instead anything you press get's typed into pm window
This. It makes team play unplayable in my opinion. Went on a soc hunt yesterday and died at least three times because of it, while trying to communicate and heal. Please make this one a priority.

This. It makes team play unplayable in my opinion. Went on a soc hunt yesterday and died at least three times because of it, while trying to communicate and heal. Please make this one a priority.
Yeah I have the same problems, when i, during a fight, chat with someone or a channel I get trapped in there and tries to click outside the chat and tries pressing escape.
Nothing works, I have to close the chatwindow.

Yeah I have the same problems, when i, during a fight, chat with someone or a channel I get trapped in there and tries to click outside the chat and tries pressing escape.
Nothing works, I have to close the chatwindow.
Try hitting enter twice, not just once. Works for me.

Beleive me, I have tried that. I read some had it working doing this but now me and others.

it also works when you click 1time inside the chat window itself(where the text is somewhere)...then the focus is outside of the chatbox and you can go on with hunting etc

it also works when you click 1time inside the chat window itself(where the text is somewhere)...then the focus is outside of the chatbox and you can go on with hunting etc
We shouldnt need to find solutions and workarounds when the developers have messed up the code, this is so bad on all planes.

We shouldnt need to find solutions and workarounds when the developers have messed up the code, this is so bad on all planes.
ofc thats true....but until a patch comes....i personally use workarounds to get along ..otherwise i couldnt do stuff ingame...

Bug Report
  • Title: search function in auction @wrong place (dunno if its intended now that the search function is way up right now)
Description:
  • Expected: since the view info and mu button is on bottom left ..in past the auc search bar was also on the left upper side..way more convinient this way
  • than always hover to right search..then left again to view
  • ofc its not rly a bug..and dunno how much work that is..but its now wayy more "work" this way

Status
Back