Recent content by ForrestPark

1. F

EU Prizes: A Cautionary Tale

The apartment deed sold for 16000 PED. much more than I expected. Thanks to the buyer and all bidders! Have a great week all. Forrest :)
  2. F

Thanks everyone for the overwhelmingly positive response to this thread. We have a good community! The prize did indeed show up in by inventory as a direct result of this thread. It is "Harlow Penthouse Loft 3" and it's up on Caly AH now with a start bid of 1 PED. I will let you know how much it...
  3. F

Hi everyone, I thought I would post about my experiences claiming an in-game prize. In 2017 I completed a mission ("The Great AI War") to kill 100,000 Virus Kongs (a level 15 taxed mob in Hell with 1110 HP). The prize was quite vague but mentioned "land" (as opposed to "property"...
  4. F

Highest Known Psyche in Entropia, Part 3: The Psychening

If I'm honest, this is just a shallow attempt to get my five minutes of fame in before JC posts! Forrest :)
  5. Attributes

Attributes

6. F

Mining Strongbox .....

My support case was updated. MA have told me this bug has been fixed. I have tested myself and can confirm. BTW MA also mentioned in my support case that "Mining Strongboxes are only supposed to be looted through 'Something out of the ordinary' finds while mining." Not sure if that was obvious...
  7. F

Mining Strongbox .....

Currently Mining Strongbox 1's are exceedingly easy to find due to (what I assume is) a bug. I'd advise everyone to not buy them if offered them for the time being. It is possible to find over 100 per hour currently, with very little outlay. I have logged a support case. Forrest
  8. F

FYI: Weapon Economy Rating

Broadly speaking, "economy" seems to relate to the old dpp on a scale from 2.0 dpp to 3.5 dpp. So an economy of 66.7 relates to 3.0 dpp, at least approximately. Under the old loot system I don't think it was possible to do under 2.0 dpp due to the way you got massively compensated in loot for...
  9. F

Loot 1.0 - loot survey

Answers This post was made/edited after Post #25. Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. Sadly, knowing everything below doesn’t really help you become much more eco. The info here only covers the easy half of understanding loot! The more difficult half, e.g. when you will global, or...
  10. F

Loot 1.0 - loot survey

Hi guys, I thought it would be fun to post a quiz about the existing loot system. I originally planned to make a long thread going into great detail (like I did in my "How Hunting Skill Gains work" thread) but changed my mind because it's all about to change and become irrelevant! Anyway, for...
  11. F

7 days and not possible to logg in due to GC error ?

Good luck Me too. I've been locked out of the game since October 11th with exactly the same GC issue. Mindark haven't even put a note on my ticket despite it being logged as a "Login issue" with the title "Can't login". The worst part is when they email you after two weeks: "Entropia...
  12. F

How Hunting Skill Gains work

An update Ardorj here appears to have proved a correlation between pre-kill attack-related skill gains and the COST of using the weapon, rather than DAMAGE DONE by the weapon. Clearly this difference is not massive but is interesting nonetheless. So, if you kill an Atrox Young in 20 seconds...
  13. F

My first Eco attempt setting

Firstly, good luck to the OP. The combination itself won't allow him to break even - but with a few minor alterations (inc dropping the utterly worthless fap-90 and getting an SI Heart instead of a Herb Box, as already stated by others), it looks like a good way to avoid hemorrhaging peds. I'm...
  14. F

How to lose 2-3k ped in 24hrs ...

There are three styles of hunters: (a) hardcore non-depositor; knows they must at least break even at all costs; hunts very intelligently; does a fair bit outside hunting to make sure they at least break even (b) occasional or frequent depositor; doesn't mind small losses but goes out of their...
  15. F

Is there a stage that you stop getting defensive skill gains?

There is some info in this thread and also here, here, here and here. As already stated above, it seems that lower end mobs stop giving evader/dodger skills after precisely 2 minutes. After this time, a variable within the mob itself changes to ensure it stops giving out evader/dodger skills...
Back