News: 2024 User Interface Update

Dont you go changing all the keys again it took forever to delete every key off my keyboard and bind my own last time u fkd with this stuff :)

Transfer Center only contains "Deposit", "Withdraw" and "Transaction History" in game, and instead of having it in game we will now have a link that takes us to the website to do those things.

I am not sure why you might think that it will all of a sudden track every single move and trade we do.

It won't. So no need to get your hopes up.

You're right, I thought they were talking about the PED Flow Center, but the question is still relevant; in 2024, in a RCE universe, how can there be no record whatsoever made available for the transactions made by players?

Last edited:
I am very happy that MA is working on the new UI. Kudos, because the complete radiosilence for more than a year already made me fear that UE5 might just be another carrot for us to continue pulling the cart.
Thank you for this moodlifter!

My question:
It's now been 16 years since the CE2 implementation, which suggests how long we'll be using a new UI or UE5...

There are situations where PE requires me to see/read/click/interact with single pixels.
(My two 32" 4K monitors each deliver 8,294,400 pixels (3840x2160), which corresponds to over 41 pixels on just 1mm² of monitor surface.)
Bots can do that. I can't do that.

I know that one reason for a new user interface (hopefully!) must have been to adapt to new standards in technology and hardware.
Is flexibility for new technologies and standards -remember: another 16 years!!- taken into account when it comes to scaling and readability/interaction on current 4K monitors?
(8K as a new standard is already lurking around the corner...)

Oh, and while you're at it, please standardize inventories, boxes, vehicle inventories and containers of all kinds!

Last edited:
does this have to be? like seriously control and shift are really important buttons for many keyboard layouts, shift and space are like my most used buttons i think besides f,e,&r. well, and asdw obviously.
It would be nice if modifier keys could be optional. Please give us the ability to toggle them off (individually) in settings so we can still use them as normal key binds if we prefer.

It would be nice if modifier keys could be optional. Please give us the ability to toggle them off (individually) in settings so we can still use them as normal key binds if we prefer.
I am oldschool enough that i still play using the arrow keys as this was the way back in the 1980ies, when it got burnt into my brain.
RightShift and RightControl represent my Z-axis in games.

Several times I forced myself to get used to WASD.
Blame me, but i finally gave up, since i failed to adapt properly.

Use L-Shift and L-Ctrl for extra keys, but please don't take away their R-pendants.

Last edited:
The avoidance to any question regarding unreal 5 and the previous post of no changes to UI because unreal5 makes me think unreal5 is scrapped

The avoidance to any question regarding unreal 5 and the previous post of no changes to UI because unreal5 makes me think unreal5 is scrapped
No way it is, UE5 is the only way MA is going to get new players in this game and have the largest chance of them staying. They also already put a shit ton of money into it, scrapping the project would just be throwing away millions of $$.

They are doing the old keep avoiding it until we forget about it strategy. Where’s McCormick, one more thing to add to the “content of oblivion” category.

The new health bar is set to change color as your health goes down, So when you reach a certain HP, it will turn yellow, and then red as you get even lower.
Can we get the ability to have a numerical representation overlayed on the bar so we can see exactly how much hp we have? IE 86 / 234 hp

While the colored bar looks nice I'd rather know the numerical amount of hp I have remaining as I find it more useful from a practicality standpoint.

I am oldschool enough that i still play using the arrow keys as this was the way back in the 1980ies, when it got burnt into my brain.
RightShift and RightControl represent my Z-axis in games.

Several times I forced myself to get used to AWSD.
Blame me, but i finally gave up, since i failed to adapt properly.

Use L-Shift and L-Ctrl for extra keys, but please don't take away their R-pendants.

Imagining you playing this way has brought me great joy and warmed my heart.. thank you m8 😂

The left row on my keyboard is half of my control key setup.
The other half is mapped to my mouse.

Please allow us to remap the planned CTRL and SHIFT actions , to other keys.

PS. Please do not forget to allow mouse over on vehicles , to see fuel TT value.

2) Will items on Cooldown display their cooldown. For example, if you cast an Arson TWEN chip and it's Jammed. There is no visual indication letting you know how much longer the item is on CD. This results in the player having to count to twenty in their head, or they are pulling out their item early/late thus losing effective DPS.
- It would be cool if the items on your tool bar had a visual indication to let you know how much longer until it's off CD.
Make an icon of your arso chip or other cooldown item on your screen and when you cast it you will see a cooldown animation on the icon. It can be very hard to see the animation though since its kind of transparent/gray.

I understand the reasoning behind the unified design philosophy. It is important to have a working base UI and it is important that it looks at the very least decent.

I would however also like to point out that it is near impossible to design a UI that works well for everyone. Adding as much customizability as possible should be made a priority.

Preferably, we would have scriptable elements where one could create what they needed to improve their experience within the game. We all know our player base likes scripting.

The new mission - trying to arrange things to a way we can at least get along with, then changing it again as MA allows us scaling here and there in dribs and drabs over a couple of weeks to make it look as if they are listening to our concerns.

2) Will items on Cooldown display their cooldown. For example, if you cast an Arson TWEN chip and it's Jammed. There is no visual indication letting you know how much longer the item is on CD. This results in the player having to count to twenty in their head, or they are pulling out their item early/late thus losing effective DPS.
- It would be cool if the items on your tool bar had a visual indication to let you know how much longer until it's off CD.

If you place the arson chip in an action bar, you will be able to see the cooldown yes. All cooldowns in general should be much easier to see and be aware of after the update.

Please allow us to remap the planned CTRL and SHIFT actions , to other keys.

The UI team is investigating if it's possible to make the modifiers an option which can be turned off... though if so, it may not be in this particular update, but in a patch a few days later.

Regarding the UE5-related questions;

The work on transitioning the game engine to Unreal Engine 5 is ongoing; however, priorities and resources have been reallocated. On the technical side, our developers are now working to remove the dependencies associated with the current game engine while simultaneously modernizing the components independent of the engine to create a modular and scalable technical solution.

This approach also enables the implementation of new gaming systems and technological improvements today, which positively impacts Entropia Universe in the current game engine. As we intend to move system by system to Unreal Engine 5 gradually, we reduce the risks without forfeiting many technical advantages in terms of marketing and user experience.

For further details, please refer to the Letter from MindArk's CEO for Q4 2023, accessible at: https://news.cision.com/mindark-pe-ab/r/letter-from-mindark-s-ceo--q4-2023,c3855343

Additionally, insights into our ongoing development initiatives with UE5 can be found in the Interim Report for Q3 2023, available here: https://www.mindark.com/investor-relations/financial-reports/documents/2023/MindArk-PE-AB-Q3_En.pdf

Regarding the UE5-related questions;

The work on transitioning the game engine to Unreal Engine 5 is ongoing; however, priorities and resources have been reallocated. On the technical side, our developers are now working to remove the dependencies associated with the current game engine while simultaneously modernizing the components independent of the engine to create a modular and scalable technical solution.

This approach also enables the implementation of new gaming systems and technological improvements today, which positively impacts Entropia Universe in the current game engine. As we intend to move system by system to Unreal Engine 5 gradually, we reduce the risks without forfeiting many technical advantages in terms of marketing and user experience.

For further details, please refer to the Letter from MindArk's CEO for Q4 2023, accessible at: https://news.cision.com/mindark-pe-ab/r/letter-from-mindark-s-ceo--q4-2023,c3855343

Additionally, insights into our ongoing development initiatives with UE5 can be found in the Interim Report for Q3 2023, available here: https://www.mindark.com/investor-relations/financial-reports/documents/2023/MindArk-PE-AB-Q3_En.pdf
is this...is that....wait...

...transparancy? from MindArk?

how refreshing! thanks for the update! :)

I like this concept !

I'd have preferred that the redesign of UI would have been entirely submitted to playerbase, as I'm sure we all have a ton of good ideas. For next time maybe. :)

Hello there - comments coming from remote tablet player:

1) Looks like I'll be able to put a bunch of icons anywhere which is good. See screen dump below, red circle. I think if the bar hides the unused slots, that would be nice.

2) Please make sure these commands don't get removed from the action library:
- Rotate Left
- Rotate Right
- Look Up
- Look Down
- Jump/Move Up
- Move Down
- Move Left/Right (nice to have just in case)

index.php

As we intend to move system by system to Unreal Engine 5 gradually
Thanks for the info, but I'm unsure of what you mean.
Do you mean that system by system will be compatible with UE5 gradually, but not actually running on UE5, or that somehow you will be running in parallel, almost as a cloud solution, with your servers running UE5 content, but not us actually doing so?

Thanks for the info, but I'm unsure of what you mean.
Do you mean that system by system will be compatible with UE5 gradually, but not actually running on UE5, or that somehow you will be running in parallel, almost as a cloud solution, with your servers running UE5 content, but not us actually doing so?
I think he means that they will be changing systems gradually to be compatible with EU5 as well as the current system so that UE5 implementation will be less complex. Thats my read of it anyway.

Imagining you playing this way has brought me great joy and warmed my heart.. thank you m8 😂
I have tendonitis and sometimes I play left handed if it's bad enough, and at that point I will use the arrow keys as well and sloppily mouse lefthanded

You're right, I thought they were talking about the PED Exchange, but the question is still relevant; in 2024, in a RCE universe, how can there be no record whatsoever made available for the transactions made by players?
i'd like those features as well.

For now, my Excel document has to deal with this lol

Back