News: 2024 User Interface Update

Just a few details:

- Would it be possible in the new Codex window (which no one has talked about yet) to have the information on ALL THE PLANETS? Not just the one I'm in.

- Don't remove the animations from globals / HOFS... although you could have two or three models to choose from.

- Please give the opportunity to eliminate the global/HOFS information bar... Currently the closest thing is to be able to tell it to be displayed from 2k peds.

- If we have a chat.log... Why not a Skill.log or a minning.log with the information about our current skills or the information about the mine we are obtaining... it would be easy to implement and would improve tools such as like Chipping Tool or LBML...

For the rest... let's hope everything goes well...

index.php

Examples in things that don't make sense to me.

Regarding the globe icon, will it appear in our inventory as well (assuming it is the new universal ammo icon)?

- Would it be possible in the new Codex window (which no one has talked about yet) to have the information on ALL THE PLANETS? Not just the one I'm in.

Your making a big assumption that codex will be in UE5. Many current systems will not be there initially and will be added over time. Codex may be one of the things that doesn't make it for the first release.

Due to sheer amount of feedback received @Ludvig|MindArk are you guys going to postpone the UI VU or still planning on releasing it as is or will you guys try to implement some of the suggestions before the expected release date or maybe in mini patches afterwards?
I appreciate the communication so far.

Due to sheer amount of feedback received @Ludvig|MindArk are you guys going to postpone the UI VU or still planning on releasing it as is or will you guys try to implement some of the suggestions before the expected release date or maybe in mini patches afterwards?

Some things may make it into the release, but the plan is to continue releasing patches and listening to feedback after the main release.

Does anyone else get triggered by these player screenshots with 100+ icons on the screen? 😱

With the new ui they need to increase FOV so it doesn’t feel so cramped.

Will there be any changes to the chat log files as a result of the UI update?

For example will pressing the coordinates key, still put a way-point link in chat that is still logged?

Member of Entropia Pioneers I was chatting to today asks if the loot windows will be preserved in the new interface?

Some things may make it into the release, but the plan is to continue releasing patches and listening to feedback after the main release.
One of the iconic things about Entropia Universe is the loot window, even if it's not very used nowadays. Could you guys take it into consideration, maybe for a prior release of the UI? Thank you!

Your making a big assumption that codex will be in UE5. Many current systems will not be there initially and will be added over time. Codex may be one of the things that doesn't make it for the first release.
Im talking about new interface, not about UE5... For UE5 is needed about 5 years more...

There is a little detail which would be nice to see implemented, or rather finished since it was suggested earlier and I believe it has been worked on already but was not completed to work properly.

When an equipped tool reaches low repair status, there is a warning in chat. There are two different thresholds, but the text is exactly the same both times. This makes it difficult to keep track when you change weapons and then re-equip it. You get the same warning again but can't tell if you're on low or very low repair unless you open item info. The earlier suggestion also mentioned it could be shown by color-coding the text in the equipped item widget. This was changed indeed, the text now shows yellow with low repair status. But the threshold does not match with the warning given in chat, which indicates that the information is not retrieved from the same source, maybe just guessed. This was never amended. If the UI is now evolving to have better modularity for accommodating such changes, would there be motivation to look at it again?

To summarize: Repair warning in chat should make the two different thresholds visible, i.e. say when you're on low and very low status; at the same time color-code the text in the equipped item widget in yellow and red accordingly.

:cool:

I would even hide the top right buttons if I could but they are hard stuck and cannot be hidden, not looking forward to the new ui as it has alot of stuff you can never hide
You can collapse them down into one icon (they overlap) and stick them in a corner.

You're making a big assumption that anything will be there in UE5

@ Ludvig please tell me it will work at all

Overall, I ask two things: (1) make it work, and (2) everything should be hideable, (3) for the love of all that is holy, divide the functions of F over more than two actions

~ Sneaks in ~

Can we get plates to go to armor in one dealio?

Just saying and runs out of room..lol

:wtg:

You're making a big assumption that anything will be there in UE5
Well we know for sure hunting, mining and crafting will be there. Those are the basic systems that MA have already stated they will do first.

Planet storage & personal inventory windows snap the contents onto a grid while vehicle storage & container inventory windows do not.

Neither are re-sizeable.

Out of all the windows that I open up to use while online, these are the likely ones that are opened the most.

Almost afraid to ask, but aside from appearance, will there be any functionality changes to them?

Thanks Ludvig

I hope you also continue to communicate with us. I really liked it and hope it continues.

Best wishes for the main release. Looking forward to see the rest of the UI changes.

You can collapse them down into one icon (they overlap) and stick them in a corner.
I can't remember how it worked, but I think you can drop an item on that icon, which somehow changes something internal. Then you can delete that icon like any other icon.

The only icon I couldn't delete was the "E"-icon. Since then it's been serving me as the marker to which I enlarge the chat window at every login.

should be fun seeing all the changes once implemented lets hope for a smooth transition 🤞

tell me if I missed it. will it be possible to write in notebooks as before? won't the information get lost there?

tell me if I missed it. will it be possible to write in notebooks as before? won't the information get lost there?

Here:

Post-its should remain after the update (and are expected to), but if you have important information in them we suggest that you make sure to make a backup copy before the update, just to be sure.

I was advised to send an in game mail of all your items, users, waypoints to someone.

You can save them by mailing them to someone using the in game mail system. According to socrates on discord

Ty I've already made a copy) but clickable links to objects or coordinates will just disappear, that's what sucks)

Back