News: 2024 User Interface Update

@Ludvig|MindArk

I noticed that in OP screenshots, on one Radar there are no visible 'distance rings' (first screenshot, with Skill window) while they are clearly visible on second screenshoot.
Is this an issue with different backgrounds behind Radar UI element?
Can you guys make sure that those are visible regardless of background and lighting as it's cruciasl to see distance to mob, both for hunting and for new players to traverse without aggroing mobs.
On that topic, please also ensure that chat is readeable regardless of background behind it.

In current UI it is possible to map action to key, without that action being visually present on screen.
Will this be also possibvle to do in new UI or all mapped actions will have to be present in action bar?
If not initially, please add this in future patch as I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes to have clean screen with minimal actions/buttons visible.
On that topic, please add options to hide all UI elements in future.

Currently we can have 9 presets (F1-F9), will this functionality be lost in new UI?
Can this be somehow preserved or readded in future?
I think 3-4 presets are a must as we will use different setups for hunting small mobs vs big ones, for mining or other activities, for example pvp where on top of different gear being used, clean screen is essential.

Can we separate buffs from hp bar?
Or even going further, buffs from debuffs, or constant buffs (from items) from temporary buffs (pills and actions)?
This would be great quality of life.

Ahh, so the maintenance news that already let it slip was actually correct for now then?

Due to additional development needs, we've decided to postpone our UI release to February 20th. Thank you for your patience!
In the meantime, can we have a week of Feffoid Elites?

Ahh, so the maintenance news that already let it slip was actually correct for now then?

That's more of a coincidence, really. Maintenence and releases are not the same thing, and that was simply about maintenence moving to biweekly instead of weekly.

That's more of a coincidence, really. Maintenence and releases are not the same thing, and that was simply about maintenence moving to biweekly instead of weekly.
Since maintenance and releases are not the same then either the announcement which stated bi-weekly maintenance begins on tuesday 13th was wrong or the UI update announcement for Tuesday 13th was wrong. Both statements can't possibly be correct for the same date.

That's what I was getting at George, yes. In the other thread where I wrote: "in before ... " and then changed my mind, this was something that had actually occurred to me spontaneously too (and I noticed you picked up on it).
But thanks for swift communication here Ludvig - it's appreciated too I think!

Due to additional development needs, we've decided to postpone our UI release to February 20th. Thank you for your patience!

I had just returned home from a work trip and was eager to try out this new thing. There's nothing to thank us for; it's important that the right amount of time is used to achieve the necessary results. So, keep up the good work and thanks for being so open to the community and actually taking note of what we say.

I'll be ready to go through the new UI step by step when it gets released.

Just one thing.... UI screen / multiple computer setup / resolution

I often travel, and my main computer at home runs the game in 2560x1440 resolution. However, my gaming laptop for travel only supports HD at 1920x1080 resolution. The UI we currently have becomes a mess when transitioning between these resolutions. If I set up my UI on 2560x1440 but then log in on a 1920x1080 screen, everything is disorganized. It takes about 10 minutes to fix it, but the next day, if I log back in on a 2560x1440 screen, the same problem arises again.

Do you know if the new UI, which is more fixed and doesn't have icons floating on the screen, will address this issue? If not, I have a suggestion.

All game settings, whether graphical or related to UI size and layout, should be tied to the specific computer's settings rather than the account. This way, when using more than one computer, the correct setup is always available for that particular computer.

Thank you.

it remains to remove all the unlimited things, compensating for this with money on the wallet- and make all things limited, and then the project will sparkle with new colors

If you need to make a unified interface then why not make it look good and interesting? The new dialog boxes are utterly boring IMHO.
You're destroying a big part of the soul and charm of the game when taking away the old interface.
The current inventory/storage/trade terminal type of diaog boxes looks much better than the new ones. Why not keep that kind of look?
The new action bars might be ok but not the new boring dialog boxes.
What will the next step be? Make all armors look the same? Or making the game into a spread sheet for those who are only here for the money transactions?
Please keep the old interface code and let us have an option to select which type of user interface we wish to use.

There's one part of the interface that really has to be changed though. And that's before we even enter the game: In the EU Client loader dialog you still open up web links in some sort of not properly working Internet Explorer window! Huh? It's 2024 now and we all have other modern web browsers. I'm running Windows 11 and I have to copy the link and enter it into my current browser (Edge at the moment) to get a working output. Pleeease change this!

There's one part of the interface that really has to be changed though. And that's before we even enter the game: In the EU Client loader dialog you still open up web links in some sort of not properly working Internet Explorer window! Huh? It's 2024 now and we all have other modern web browsers. I'm running Windows 11 and I have to copy the link and enter it into my current browser (Edge at the moment) to get a working output. Pleeease change this!

Agree, this makes launcher feel old and unprofessionaly maintained.

Might scare away some new players too*

😶

YES ! The initial startup of this game doesn't quite provide a warm welcome for new players, if I'm being honest. It's not functioning properly and its appearance looks not good.

YES ! The initial startup of this game doesn't quite provide a warm welcome for new players, if I'm being honest. It's not functioning properly and its appearance looks not good.
Does it look like this when you try to click a link too, or is it just me?

That's exactly what I get too. It must scare away new players (and old). Pleeeeease Mindark, use the current browser when showing web content!
It's 2024 and not 2003 any longer. Internet Explorer is dead an buried. R.I.P.

That's exactly what I get too. It must scare away new players (and old). Pleeeeease Mindark, use the current browser when showing web content!
It's 2024 and not 2003 any longer. Internet Explorer is dead an buried. R.I.P.
Hey, if MA get their news via Internet Explorer it could be still 2003 for all they know. It's that slow...

Yes.

It should be a straightforward fix! In the settings menu, we could include an option to select the browser that the Entropia Launcher will use to open web pages. Alternatively, it could default to the Windows standard app and open in Edge or whatever other browser you have set as the default.

I'm gonna be blunt, but imho, fair.

It looks like horseshit.

It has been like this for so long, I can't even remember when it wasn't like this.

This could be last week, for all i know.

Old age is a cruel mistress.

make an inscription of the names of the names above the mobs so as not to lead each time in the search for a maturation thank you

Login screen freezes midway through typing. Client loader's Tools button opens the Tools widget, but said widget freezes the loader as soon as anything is clicked (I can't choose safe mode).

Will hotkeys be limited to the numbers 1 to 0 on the keyboard? Or will we sill be able to assign any key on the keyboard to an action/item? For example, I use the Number Pad for many actions/items. Will this still be possible?
I keep anything I expect to use frequently on the number pad, next to my mouse

Post-its should remain after the update (and are expected to), but if you have important information in them we suggest that you make sure to make a backup copy before the update, just to be sure.
Thank you very much for clarifying this. Has MA considered an action that dumps the entire contents of the Message Center as a text file download? I and, I imagine, many would appreciate that feature a lot.

Hi,

there is a lot of grey text on dark background now.

Please make the text coloring with higher contrast.
Maybe use orange as a hover/active color, white as normal text color, and if needbe a 3rd color that works on dark backgrounds.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for clarifying this. Has MA considered an action that dumps the entire contents of the Message Center as a text file download? I and, I imagine, many would appreciate that feature a lot.
For what? If you try to recover the backups the links just don't work when you past them into notes

Yeh they still hooking it to IE. It's probably one of those weird things where IE was so engrained in windows it takes effort to get away from it. I had ths same thing the other day where I clicked a link and was wondering what was up with the page rendering before realising it was IE. I was probably one of the last of the old guard to stop using IE but even I would be first to admit it's consigned to history now.

Last edited:
Yes.

It should be a straightforward fix! In the settings menu, we could include an option to select the browser that the Entropia Launcher will use to open web pages. Alternatively, it could default to the Windows standard app and open in Edge or whatever other browser you have set as the default.
Yeh but from experience, you can lay out the exact details of a minor fix to MA and still they'll do nothing, Case in point I provided exact colour pallet fixes to them in a support case about adjusting the text colour of avatar names to not be almost the same colour as the text background. Nothing was ever done. Would have been a 5 minute tweak, probably not even a code tweak, likely just some numbers in a resource editor or config file. Ah well... history now since they changed the UI (although I not checked the UI yet to see if ava names are any more readable than they used to be - fingers crossed they are though...).

Wistrel

Back