Search results

1. G

Can't play 8.5 - video problems

I just sent in a support case, but I suspect that they will just tell me my card is not supported. Maybe if enough folks do this they may support more cards, but I am not optimitstic.
  2. G

Can't play 8.5 - video problems

Hello, I have a laptop with a Mobile Intel(R) 945GM video card. Previous to V 8.5 I had no problems playing - about 98% functionality. I couldn't see all the vegetation, and there was a detail on spaceports that would cause me to lag if I looked at it, but basically no problem. With 8.5 I...
  3. G

I am a loot pool agnostic

Hello, I have seen a fair number of posts on the topic of what various things (sweat, new players, non-depositors etc.) will do to the loot pool. I don't think that there is a such thing. It seems that a lot of folks think that when you deposit money, MA puts it in a special player,s...
  4. G

Noob Mining Rate

Hello, I am looking ahead to when I hit my sweat cap and I am thinking about starting to mine. I have read a lot of the info in this forum (thanks to everyone for good questions and answers) but I still have a question I did not see covered. When I am first starting out, what would you guess...
  5. G

Odd lag question

Hello, When I started the game I was really lagged at PA and figured that it was due to all the people there. However I get no lag at all at Camp Phoenix. I renently made it to Twin Peaks for the first time and found this: If I look at the spaceships than I am really lagged, if I look at the...
  6. G

searched for answers but couldnt find about ATM card

This depends alot on how Entroria is classified and what your personal plans are. I will assume that Entropia is not gambling (which I think is correct for IRS purposes) and that you do it as a hobby - you are not planning on making a living on Entropia. In that case you need to report...
  7. G

Do you hate non-depositers?

I think the issue of how non-depositors effect the economy is a lot more complicated that folks realize. To understand it, you have to know how non-dpesoitors spend their PED and how the game would work if you got rid of that option. If they go buy a gun and hunt, then the PED from sweat and...
  8. G

IF EU is considered gambling they may see US players disappear...

As I understand it, this bill has a very particular definition of gambling. Basically, if an activity is mostly or entirely luck (like a slot machine or a roulette wheel) then it is considered gambling. If it is mostly a game of skill (such as scrabble) then it is not gambling. If this passes...
  9. G

Price Of Sweat

Follow up post here: I tried to sell my 1k sweat for 1.35 for a couple of days and had no luck. But selling for 1.3 was fairly easy. I just went about my buisness and when I would enter a new town I would call out that I was selling. I did not have to be fanatic or anything, just did it a...
  10. G

Price Of Sweat

I just collected my first 1k of sweat and I am trying to get 1.3+ for it. So far no luck, but I just started looking for a buyer. Also, I am in no real hurry. 1 question - I never go to PA becuase of lag issues - are prices better there than at Phoenix? Is there a even better place to go...
  11. G

MA and the IRS

One thing to point out - United States taxes technically you should pay even if you do not withdraw from entropia. So say on Jan 1st 2006 you have 1000 ped and you don't deposit and in 1 year you have 20000 ped - you are supposed to pay taxes on the 19900 ped (1900 USD). Even though the money...
  12. G

What to do with Fruit and Dung

Hello, I was doing some sweating and I noticed some fruit and dung near me (on separate occasions). What should I do with these? I don't have many (around 200 each) so I don't think I can do much with them on the auction as 1 PED fee will bump up the price alot. Can I make these into...
  13. G

Can I Play This?

Final Resoluion So, I hit the t button and with some carefully planned running I was able to get away from Port Atlantis. Now the game is not a lagging mess and I am exploring and sweating. Thanks to all for you useful advice
  14. G

Can I Play This?

Update Thanks for the tips. I ran to the back walls and the lag disappeared. So I tried to move along one of the side walls and ended up facing the wall and strafe -moving. Worked well up to a point. I got past where the info booths are, and moved along where the flower planters are...
  15. G

Can I Play This?

Hello, I downloaded all the software and set up an account. The problem is that when I start to play the game, I go in super slow motion. Can I play this game? How fast of a connection do I need - I have DSL. Any tips? Thanks
Back