5000 Sweat to Uber - Berish's Zero Investing Run

Welcome and good luck

Don't you mean a101?

Wow, I'm doing something wrong. I've been playing longer than you and I don't even have a profession at level 2 yet. I've also never even seen loot anywhere close to what you've got. What am I doing wrong? :( :scratch2:

Don't you mean a101?

nope i mean a102 because im planing to hunt with my breer m3a now mainly as i have it maxed, seeing the market a101 is poorly unavailable for me atm with mu of tt+1xx ped ! if there are any trustworthy people who believe in me, of course i would love to borrow one for decay and a little fee, but i dont want to talk people into it so i will just grab for the available and try to get me a 102 for my breer :)

How many hours have you played total?

Wow, I'm doing something wrong. I've been playing longer than you and I don't even have a profession at level 2 yet. I've also never even seen loot anywhere close to what you've got. What am I doing wrong? :( :scratch2:

basically i have just cycled alot of ammunition, 500ped was probably wrong as it should be somewhere around 800 ped or more for that skill level ? im not sure tho, i used opallo alot.. but havent got a single global yet ^^

what have you been doing all the time svenn ? at least your sweat gatherer prof should be at level 2 yet huh ? ^^ mine did hit 4 ;)

How many hours have you played total?

its hard to say,, any ingame function to express playtime ? i had lots of time recently and i estimate about 40 hours since i created my char. but maybe about 10 of those have been sweatting :rolleyes:

but its a good way of skillgain anyway for a noob :wtg:

My sweat gatherer profession is level 3 or 4 (I know it's at least close to 4). I have many weapon skills at profession level 1, and Laser Sniper (Hit) ALMOST level 2. I've spent a bunch of time hunting Daikiba, Exarosaur, Sabakuma, birds, and even some Faucervix and Ambulimax in groups. I've logged about 120 hours in the game so far. I've deposited $20, bought a TP chip, mining gear, a scanner, vivo t1, and a longblade as well (though my Opalo is my primary hunting weapon). I also have a CB5 (L), Emik S30 (L) and a P1A pistol I got from a newb event, though I haven't really used any of those yet cause my Opalo is not maxed.

To be fair, the last week or so I managed to explore every single TP in Eudoria (for the Exploring Eudoria event on the forums) so I didn't do much hunting, but I still have about 120 hours logged. I still don't see how you managed to reach level 11 in a profession though in this short time. I'm just doing something wrong.

What's your evade at? I do have almost 140 skill in that...

My sweat gatherer profession is level 3 or 4 (I know it's at least close to 4). I have many weapon skills at profession level 1, and Laser Sniper (Hit) ALMOST level 2. I've spent a bunch of time hunting Daikiba, Exarosaur, Sabakuma, birds, and even some Faucervix and Ambulimax in groups. I've logged about 120 hours in the game so far. I've deposited $20, bought a TP chip, mining gear, a scanner, vivo t1, and a longblade as well (though my Opalo is my primary hunting weapon). I also have a CB5 (L), Emik S30 (L) and a P1A pistol I got from a newb event, though I haven't really used any of those yet cause my Opalo is not maxed.

To be fair, the last week or so I managed to explore every single TP in Eudoria (for the Exploring Eudoria event on the forums) so I didn't do much hunting, but I still have about 120 hours logged. I still don't see how you managed to reach level 11 in a profession though in this short time. I'm just doing something wrong.

my evade is at 310 at the moment, most time at hunting i killed the mobs before they reach me, tho ofc i couldnt accomplish this for provieders, guardians and dominants of exos and daikis! which i all took down with opallo ofc, too. on my way i maxed many opalos and sold them at tier 0.9 for tt+3 to tier upgraders, for some extra profit

Time logged on isnt the primary really, if you have 120 hours logged and you hunted 20 of thous and he have 40 hours on and hunted 30 of thous he would still be more skilled then you. Was just an example as i dont know who active any of you hunt, but my guess is that u hunt much less. Otherwise it would show in skills. Dont know what u can change, maby hunt more and chat less? :laugh:

Time logged on isnt the primary really, if you have 120 hours logged and you hunted 20 of thous and he have 40 hours on and hunted 30 of thous he would still be more skilled then you. Was just an example as i dont know who active any of you hunt, but my guess is that u hunt much less. Otherwise it would show in skills. Dont know what u can change, maby hunt more and chat less? :laugh:

yeah that beeing said youre really right and i must add i used to play hard grind games in my childhood, so for me its not a big problem to go on a devastating hunt for some hours lined up ! :wtg:

yeah that beeing said youre really right and i must add i used to play hard grind games in my childhood, so for me its not a big problem to go on a devastating hunt for some hours lined up ! :wtg:

Yeah, I've been playing MMOs for about 12 years, and I've done some really heavy grinding. I've got no problem with 16 hour grind sessions. I haven't done super crazy hunting stuff yet, but I have done quite a bit of hunting. I'd say like half of my 120+ hours has been hunting (the other half being uncovering all the TPs for the event, sweating, and standing in town selling stuff).

I guess I'll have to do some harder hunting. I've not yet really received any good loots, which is why I've had to deposit $20 already (on top of selling tons of sweat) and why I haven't spent as much time as I could hunting.

As i always have many blazars to sell i am looking for someone who is interested to buy lots in an area of 10pec/per ! please leave me a reply here with your price i can provide BIG amounts :yay:

Good Luck on your project :)
I Keep doing my own yet since I don't match closelly the uber requirements :laugh:
Anything you need, feel free to PM me

Nice post!!:D

Ive been playing about as long and have not had nearly the amount of luck on the looting/mining end of things... hunting trips tend to be more costly than profitable for me, tho im sure hunting lil critters in groups doesnt help the profit part.

Yeah, I've been playing MMOs for about 12 years, and I've done some really heavy grinding. I've got no problem with 16 hour grind sessions. I haven't done super crazy hunting stuff yet, but I have done quite a bit of hunting. I'd say like half of my 120+ hours has been hunting (the other half being uncovering all the TPs for the event, sweating, and standing in town selling stuff).

I guess I'll have to do some harder hunting. I've not yet really received any good loots, which is why I've had to deposit $20 already (on top of selling tons of sweat) and why I haven't spent as much time as I could hunting.

It's about the number of clicks you make. Click more and you'll progress faster and see more loot. If you're only level 1 or 2 sniper (hit) then you should be shooting your Opalo more. If I remember right the 30 ped mark the op was using as a base hunt can go about 2 or 3 hours of non stop clicking and is a big enough number to get a good average on your returns. Get out there and find a mob that loots good for you, start shooting at them and don't stop until your level 10 (hit). By then you'll have looted the same kinds of things the op has, and most probably will have had at least one global and many mini's. Keep the faith and keep clicking. ;)

P.S. It can be hard to watch others getting globals and ubers and whatnot, especially when it's other newbies. I've felt the same way in the past. I've come to terms by just telling myself you can't know all the circumstances of any specific event so attempts at comparison are pointless and counterproductive, although natural and understandable. I'm pretty sure the way to win in EU is to play against yourself and not everybody else. You'll never beat the masses so if you try you'll only end up chasing your own tail.

My 2 pec, good luck and may the HoF be with you!

Status Report :)))

F

After i maxed out the Breer M3a, right before going out on my first real hunt with it, Harmony, a player on the Ranger soc who read my blog here in this forum dedicated his A102 amp to me for usage for free, till i can move on to a bigger amp where i will gladly return it to him fully repaired as i received it from this nice dude.

This beeing said, i cycled around 100 peds on mixes of bercycled and higher maturity exos on day one,, avg loot,, few peds lost nothing big but good skillgains, finished a whole breer m3a on this day, this was yesterday,

today i bought a new full m3a, strapped that a102 back on and went back on my hunt :) did some mining before but nothing good, losses came fast, spent my whole budget on probes :
56 peds first run - 112 probes - tt return:45ped

mostly oil as im the oil baron tho so after mu i only got 48 ped out
2nd run then with 96 probes yielded me 40 ped back so i lost 16 ped in 2 runs, kinda bad but i nearly maxed on the ju55 now and can go on to better finder soon...

as mining really did me bad then, i switched on to my real profession

HUNTING !

today was a very nice day to hunt as i managed to hit my first hunting global on bercy provider for 94 ped :)) i also managed to upgrade my pixie leg shins to shogun and my pixie arm guards to kobold arm guards during the loot cycles, all in all good runs, after fully repairing my great new borrowed 102 amp, my armor, vivo, buying a new breer, my budget says now 70 ped left

really think about going mining again,, must be profitable for me sometime ^^ im really mining carefully with range checks all the time and area bombing

today was a very nice day to hunt as i managed to hit my first hunting global on bercy provider for 94 ped :)) i also managed to upgrade my pixie leg shins to shogun and my pixie arm guards to kobold arm guards during the loot cycles, all in all good runs, after fully repairing my great new borrowed 102 amp, my armor, vivo, buying a new breer, my budget says now 70 ped left

Gratz on your first global :wtg: Keep em coming :beerchug:

Yesterday nights update

Yesterday night i went out again.

3 Big Mining Runs brought me in total back to 50 Ped.
Went to grind on some new spot afterwards and went back up to 70ped in a few hours cycling some hundred peds on killing some higher maturity of my fav exo mob xD

gonna hunt them again today in hope for a some good loot cycles :)

nice!

I'm glad to see that my bad cycles are profitting to someone else :D

Gz and GL

Lez. :wtg:

well actually it feels like i am loosing my peds mining and gaining some hunting atm but it will prolly switch :)

Well, I definitely believe in Avatar luck now. I spent all weekend cycling through hundreds of thousands (maybe millions) of ammo. No globals, mostly crap loot.

I went just northwest of swamp camp with one friend who seems to be very lucky where we killed Daikiba young/mature and Berycled young/mature. In about 200k ammo we were getting loot from 9/10 of every creature killed. I pulled a nearly dead (2ped) fap-10 and 50k ammo from one mob, which is my best loot ever so far. In another loot my friend managed a 16ped ESI and we each got like 40k ammo and some muscle oil.

That friend logged off and I had another friend out there. We blew through 200k ammo and I didn't even break 50 muscle oil. This time, about 9/10 mobs we killed had no loot at all. We were in the exact same spot killing the exact same stuff.

The lucky friend has pulled multiple full sets of armor, the ESI, another 25ped loot... and he's not been playing as long as just behind me in terms of skills. My other friend and I, on the other hand, struggle to pull like a 25% return or so on our loots when we go out hunting, every single time. The only time we've gotten anywhere near good loot was when grouped with the lucky friend.

Edit: Sorry, I went a little off topic here. It sounds like you're doing pretty well Berish. I wanted to ask, what times do you usually do hunting? Do you group up or solo?

Well, I definitely believe in Avatar luck now. I spent all weekend cycling through hundreds of thousands (maybe millions) of ammo. No globals, mostly crap loot.

I went just northwest of swamp camp with one friend who seems to be very lucky where we killed Daikiba young/mature and Berycled young/mature. In about 200k ammo we were getting loot from 9/10 of every creature killed. I pulled a nearly dead (2ped) fap-10 and 50k ammo from one mob, which is my best loot ever so far. In another loot my friend managed a 16ped ESI and we each got like 40k ammo and some muscle oil.

That friend logged off and I had another friend out there. We blew through 200k ammo and I didn't even break 50 muscle oil. This time, about 9/10 mobs we killed had no loot at all. We were in the exact same spot killing the exact same stuff.

The lucky friend has pulled multiple full sets of armor, the ESI, another 25ped loot... and he's not been playing as long as just behind me in terms of skills. My other friend and I, on the other hand, struggle to pull like a 25% return or so on our loots when we go out hunting, every single time. The only time we've gotten anywhere near good loot was when grouped with the lucky friend.

Edit: Sorry, I went a little off topic here. It sounds like you're doing pretty well Berish. I wanted to ask, what times do you usually do hunting? Do you group up or solo?

The same happens to me all the time. One person who's been playing a lot shorter always seems to be lucky when he/she is around, but when I'm alone, it's totally different. Sadly enough, I have to deposit every now and then to make up for my lost loots. And oddly enough, with more skill and stuff, I can't seem to break even. Only done it once, never again. :(

From one Noob to another a great thread for beginners and good work Berish. + Rep for you. I like the way you set your own path with a mix of advice from other sources as well as within this thread and a self driven desire to achieve.

.....I went just northwest of swamp camp with one friend who seems to be very lucky where we killed Daikiba young/mature and Berycled young/mature. In about 200k ammo we were getting loot from 9/10 of every creature killed. I pulled a nearly dead (2ped) fap-10 and 50k ammo from one mob, which is my best loot ever so far. In another loot my friend managed a 16ped ESI and we each got like 40k ammo and some muscle ...

As you say "we" I assume you hunt as a team. If so, do you hunt on "Damage stack share" settings in your team. Also what rules do you use for team hunting. Standard hunting rules are all non-stackable auction items are shared by the team which should apply at your level. (some put a minimum value i.e. items valued over 50 ped TT are shared wehter they go to auction or not). With the ESI being around 700% MU, that 16 ped translates to a significant sum for your level.

Learn more about the game and you will profit more from it. Hunting without armor as you do is a great start and you are learning from Berish as well. If you persevere with this in early stages your dodge and evade skills may eclipse those of Berish in the end and saving you peds as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, I only hunt with close friends. We do stack share loot and whatever you end up with you keep. We've never done splitting of auction items.

I'm building up my evade. My goal is to have a very high evade skill. Between hunting and sweating I think it's working. I'm well above my friends. I think I'm at around level 183ish evade skill so far. :)

Haha i like the story =P
But ya i havnt deposited anything yet either and i just hit about 5k sweat, i wanna hit 10k. Im not sure really where this is gonna get me. but i like seeing my rank in sweat gathering go up =D hahahahaha i know im a noob but oh well.

Update

Luck cant be always on your side ! Had expensive leveling yesterday ^^ lost about 30 peds hunting that day but nevertheless good exp.

Laser Hit now soon reaching 14. Dmg profession at 11.

thinking about doing a mining run again after ive spotted some new territory and got me some of the last outposts on eudoria, always had only bad luck mining, this has to stop sometime ;)

Back