FYI: A reasonable price?

Stutoman

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Dan Richard Baker
Pre-VU10 sweat prices dropped ped by ped over about a year from 7ped to 3.5ped per k.

Now the rate of sweating is less than half of what it was before VU10 (150 bottles an hour approx)

Already i've seen the resellers getting greedy, 4.5ped per k is incredibly low.

Can you imagine being a noob sweating 6.5 hours to get 1k of sweat and then being offered enough for just 450 ammo which can be burned on an opalo quite easily in 20 minutes?

Do you think the buyers are being stubborn and trying to maximise their profits although the mind essence price remains level?

There is no longer going to be an over supply of sweat since the server border exploit is gone too.

Post what you think is reasonable. I would say 8ped/k minimum.

Reasonable price is kind of open ended .It depends on perspective. Yes I agree standing for hours sweating you will want as much as possible. But as a user of mindforce you will want as cheap as possible with two options from there. To sweat yourself or stop using mindfoce skills.A resonable price will be determined and fall then between the two views above.

Reasonable price is kind of open ended .It depends on perspective. Yes I agree standing for hours sweating you will want as much as possible. But as a user of mindforce you will want as cheap as possible with two options from there. To sweat yourself or stop using mindfoce skills.A resonable price will be determined and fall then between the two views above.

The price of mind essence isn't affected, its the profit made each time by the reseller.

I think it will take some time for the market to determine the supply/demand ratio - before that, sellers will try to drive the prive up and buyers will try to oppose.

The price of mind essence isn't affected, its the profit made each time by the reseller.

Of course the price of ME is affected.
nexus+sweat = ME
if nexus is sold at 100%, which it isn't, the sweat will make up the entire MU. So, if one bottle of sweat is sold for one pec, assuming nexus is 100%, ME will be 200%, which is way to much for everything but tp'ing. .5 pec/bottle = 150% and so on and so forth.

Saying that price on sweat doesn't affect the price on ME, couldn't be more wrong.

I have started a group on EF to combat crappy sweat prices. I implore all newbies to not sell for less than 10 PED per thousand units. If you wish to join the social group, click the link in my siggie. :D

Seriously, it takes much longer than before and 10 PED is only fair. DO NOT give in to greedy fuckers who offer 4.5 PED per k.

yes, 4.5 PED per k is really bullshit! And according to mytwopecs, ME's markup raised to 190%. In VU 9.4 it's at 165-170%

I have started a group on EF to combat crappy sweat prices. I implore all newbies to not sell for less than 10 PED per thousand units. If you wish to join the social group, click the link in my siggie. :D

Seriously, it takes much longer than before and 10 PED is only fair. DO NOT give in to greedy fuckers who offer 4.5 PED per k.

Been tried a thousand times. Each time an Epic Fail.

As this will be.

A reasonable price for something I can easily get myself for free? Zero.

If you're getting half as much as you did pre-Typhon, you're doing it wrong. From what I've seen so far, I think it should be possible to get more sweat per hour than before.

OK, I'm going to open this can of worms. I've not said anything about it, but here goes.

Zane, what you are talking about is illegal in many countries. It is definitely against the law in the United States. You cannot try to fix prices or enter into an agreement with a competitor to do so. Since EU involves real money, you could be reported to the appropriate agency and be arrested for this activity. I know it is a small amount, and maybe the government wouldn't pursue it, but it is still illegal. Same thing as the pilots fixing prices. It is against the law.

LOL, this ought to stir up some people, but it is true. Look it up if you don't believe me. :eek:

OK, I'm going to open this can of worms. I've not said anything about it, but here goes.

Zane, what you are talking about is illegal in many countries. It is definitely against the law in the United States. You cannot try to fix prices or enter into an agreement with a competitor to do so. Since EU involves real money, you could be reported to the appropriate agency and be arrested for this activity. I know it is a small amount, and maybe the government wouldn't pursue it, but it is still illegal. Same thing as the pilots fixing prices. It is against the law.

LOL, this ought to stir up some people, but it is true. Look it up if you don't believe me. :eek:

:laugh: That can be said about so many in EU... sweating the least of the price fixing "crimes".

I must be doing it wrong too... after 1 hours at Nea's, I had 147 sweat.

I can still organize people to stand firm and not sell for less. That's just smart business for sweaters. I believe you about the law though.

A reasonable price for something I can easily get myself for free? Zero.

If you're getting half as much as you did pre-Typhon, you're doing it wrong. From what I've seen so far, I think it should be possible to get more sweat per hour than before.
my personal record for 1 k pre-typhon was about 48 minutes. on a good run now in the same time i get 350. and all I do is sit still and click continuosly on the mob because it takes forever to dry even a bibo old.
before, you could get 100 sweat in 5 hits. now saying you get the maximum of 4, you need 25. and you get a hit on average every ~5,6 tries. that's 12 minutes for 100 sweat if you're extremely lucky so that's 2 hours for 1 k, and since that doesn't really happen it will take more.

a reasonable price is the price that will keep everyone happy. pre-crashed junk war titan, 5 had become a reasonable price(everyone still missed .6). now i'd say that in order to keep me buyers happy 6.5 would be good. not terribly good for sweaters and not terribly cheap for buyers either

Lesson 1 - Don't sweat at Nea's :)

Had the same at PA swamp. all mobs offer the same sweat per pull.

Also to your before post: Yes you can get it yourself for free so what? there are people who pay for a gardener to do their gardening for them but they don't go and say that they can just pay them extremely low prices or whatever they want just because they can do it themselves for free! Its 6.5 hours work for 1k of sweat!

Mind Essence at 200% MU and with Force nexus at 130% approx MU leaves about 7ped worth for 1k sweat. Ofcourse the reseller would want SOME profit but that still doesn't mean they would need to completely rip off the people collecting the sweat.

It is really hard to gather 1k - 4 bottles of sweat max per attempt and only about 10% of attempts is succesfull plus if u r hit by mob u lose concentration... sweat price should be at least .6 or .7.

It is really hard to gather 1k - 4 bottles of sweat max per attempt and only about 10% of attempts is succesfull plus if u r hit by mob u lose concentration... sweat price should be at least .6 or .7.

also now if a mob moves from your target line

The lowest I have ever seen sweat sold at was 0.4, and that was back at the end of VU 9.4, when the market was totally flooded. Back then 1k sweat could be collected in maybe 2 hours.

3 years ago sweat sold for 4.2 ped per 1k. The market was far more flooded back then than it was at the end of VU 9.4, because people could stand on the wings of space ships and sweat the mobs bellow, back then I remember people were sweating up to 6k per day.

It beats me how even before VU 10 the price had dropped so low, the market wasn't near as flooded as it was back then.

Now, with it taking 3 times as long to harvest 1k sweat it baffles me how even after EVERYTHING has changed people are still trying to buy for the pre VU 10 price.

With my first year being built off the back of sweating I feel strongly that newbies should get a good deal for all the hard work they put in.

In my experience even 1 pec per sweat is low. Anything under that is almost stealing in my eyes.

Here is my prediction:
Right now the sweat market is full of sweat, this is mainly because of people who stockpiled sweat before VU 10 trying to sell it now. Also sweating is a novelty, its a brand new activity almost, and that is why every one is doing it, and so don't need to buy their sweat.
This novelty will wear off, and it will go back to just newbies gathering sweat. This is when the price will rise. In recognition of how much loner it takes to sweat I should imagine the price will be set at around 10 ped per k.

Last edited:
Did you notice that now you gain skills even if you fail the attemps?

Soon or later MindForce will be improve and skills will be more important and value of Concentration chips will increase. Want it or not, it counts.

I use ME for TP chip only and I buy ME in auction occasionally "only when it's cheap". Because I use it for emergency only or when I'm in a hurry, a small quantity lasts very long for me.

If newbs furiously increase the price of sweat this will inevitably drive up the price of ME.
But you know what? We the buyers know where to find Nexus and we too can do sweat gathering "for free".

I'm very happy that sweat gathering exist and is back because I like to do it for fun from time to time. It change to do things "for free" occasionally.

As low as the MU is on sweat, newbs should be very glad to have buyers for such a "Free for all" product.

Last edited:
Did you notice that now you gain skills even if you fail the attemps?

Soon or later MindForce will be improve and skills will be more important and value of Concentration chips will increase. Want it or not, it counts.

I use ME for TP chip only and I buy ME in auction occasionally "only when it's cheap". Because I use it for emergency only or when I'm in a hurry, a small quantity lasts very long for me.

If newbs furiously increase the price of sweat this will inevitably drive up the price of ME.
But you know what? We the buyers know where to find Nexus and we too can do sweat gathering "for free".

I'm very happy that sweat gathering exist and is back because I like to do it for fun from time to time. It change to do things "for free" occasionally.

As low as the MU is on sweat, newbs should be very glad to have buyers for such a "Free for all" product.

So your saying that all players who make mind essence should go and sweat 6.5 hours a day (thats almost a days work you know) just because its free to do? :scratch2:

Maybe you should read one of my earlier posts when I referred to gardening.

with the current rate on force-nexus hits in mining, sweat will go down again. Nothing determines the MU of sweat more than the droprate of FN and its MU. So if the droprate on FN is high and its MU low, ME will get a massproduct, and therefore significantly more used than before.

So your saying that all players who make mind essence should go and sweat 6.5 hours a day (thats almost a days work you know) just because its free to do? :scratch2:

Maybe you should read one of my earlier posts when I referred to gardening.

I need max 200 ME/week for TP chip.
I dont need to sweat for 12 hours/day.

Anyway, sweat gathering is there for starting and trying Entropia.
If sweat value increase to make you living with it, no one will never deposit and Entropia will die. Like I said, you should be happy to find buyer for a free product even if it's pecs/hour.

And, yes, I take care of my garden myself.

And, yes, I take care of my garden myself.

Thats not the point, so your saying that we will be seeing all the ubers sweating just because its free? :laugh:

How about I give another example which you might understand a little better...: Say you needed to get from the west coast of the USA to the east coast. It costs to go by car, plane, train but its free to walk. What right would you have to refuse to pay a travel company with the excuse "I could get it for free".

What you are PAYING for is not the sweat but the time spent gathering the sweat.

If you are a farmer and you OWN the crops on your farm and need human labour to harvest the crops do you refuse to pay them with the excuse "I could get it for free"? You would already own the crop but you aren't buying the crop you're buying the labour and its the same with sweating.

The point your making is silly. This is real people spending their REAL TIME.

How about I give another example which you might understand a little better...: Say you needed to get from the west coast of the USA to the east coast. It costs to go by car, plane, train but its free to walk. What right would you have to refuse to pay a travel company with the excuse "I could get it for free"..

Why not? It is possible that I have all my time and I appreciate the landscape.

I would understand an increase of sweat value if newbs need tools with decay or if like in the past we was not able to do it ourself after few days, but actually it's not the case.

I dont ask you to give your sweat for free ofc. I just say that it will not work if sweaters try to increase the MU too much because buyers can do it for free and if it is possible to make a living with sweat gathering Entropia will die because 80%++ of participants will not be fool enough to deposit anymore.

Back