Account Liquidation Auctions

Status
Yeah put back in loot pool would be better

Is it just me or is it a little concerning to have 2x IMK2, a mod fap, 2x shadow sets (+/-), mm, etc all for sale at the same time with a sb of 1 ped?

I viewed that list also, then couldn't helping smiling.
It's not so much about who is interested in the items for use. It's more to do with whom is concerned about maintaining the MU in an auction record, and how many of those players are willing to facilitate that.

I like MA's style to be honest; They're going for the depositor, reseller and current investors all at once. Let the battle commence.

Big smile

Rick

Why weren't these items put back into the loot pool? Aside from the obvious reason, releasing these over the course of a year would boost hunting morale at all levels...

Pretty simple really, they get an instant return without a player benefiting from a looted reward. 100% upside, even better if it comes from deposit.

Rick

Makes perfect sense, and MA actually got a better deal than I figured they would.

EULAs aren't worth the electricity it takes to display them on the screen. Using a bot is bad yes, but they were still playing the game they way it was meant to be played. No cheating, exploiting or abuse of the game besides something to make the avatar do what a normal human could do. This could make for some room for very interesting court arguments, and results in judgments such as the one posted.

The people that were responsible for the abuse of the mining bug have a much less firmer leg to stand on, and we will probably never see their items liquidated in this fashion.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how this turns out. Its been awhile since uber items were just thrown on the auction like this.

I viewed that list also, then couldn't helping smiling.
It's not so much about who is interested in the items for use. It's more to do with whom is concerned about maintaining the MU in an auction record, and how many of those players are willing to facilitate that.

I like MA's style to be honest; They're going for the depositor, reseller and current investors all at once. Let the battle commence.

Big smile

Rick

My guess is.... Since MA was ordered by the court to sell the items..... They has set the SB at 1 ped to try to drive down the payout amount to the player. It seems to be a move out of spite really....

MA CANNOT just drop the stuff back into the pool, or they would be in breach of the Court... debating or complaining about it is a Moot point...

Complaining about the 1 ped SB to force a lower sale.... that would still be open to complaints. I hope the player base is up to the Challenge of holding the items value where they should be.

Once a private document enters public domain; it has entered public domain.
Maybe it shouldn't have, but it is posted on multiple websites now, so there is really no use in hiding it anymore. ofcourse I understand that a forum like PCF doesn't want to hold the content itself; but a link to the content on a free forum should be able to remain.

The only reason to remove it would be because some authority demands it. but since this is a verdict that has been stated, there will be no such thing. The trial has ended and the verdict may be made public unless otherwise stated. And since the document doesn't say so; I think it is safe.

Besides, no other party is named by name. So you can't really state privacy issues. Privacy is person bound, not company bound. You could argue company secret, but I don't think MA will claim it.

Also, where did the info come from in first place? a public source I guess? Aren't court decisions made public in sweden? In most countries they do make them public. It is a sign of that justice has been served.

You'll note that the document blithely published by EP contains a non-disclosure clause.
With penalties.
While MindArk does have the right to publish some information concerning the settlement, release of this document is not specifically included in the list.
In light of that, and after discussion with JC, the thread posted here will not be made public.

My guess is.... Since MA was ordered by the court to sell the items..... They has set the SB at 1 ped to try to drive down the payout amount to the player. It seems to be a move out of spite really....

That is interesting; Your comment suggests the court has ordered MA to compensate the players that no longer have access to the game, and therefore MA are selling the items for the benefit of the banned players to pay them once the sales have been finalised.

That raises all sorts or morality issues, do we support the sale of items that were potentially earned immorally for the gain of banned players at the determent of other players. Or is the court saying that in their opinion the banned players are rightly due the value of their items, therefore it's a fair sale.

You'll note that the document blithely published by EP contains a non-disclosure clause.
With penalties.

I've not seen the document, although be careful folks because if the non-disclosure clause is still valid, you do not want to be party to assisting distribution regardless how available the information is for those that can find it. You could find yourself banned yourself, or worse.

Rick

I've not seen the document, although be careful folks because if the non-disclosure clause is still valid, you do not want to be party to assisting distribution regardless how available the information is for those that can find it. You could find yourself banned yourself, or worse.

Rick

the document if deleted from an earlier post, its still on www.entropiaplanets.com

-to the mods- that's a link to the website containing the post, not a direct link to the post

Sounds to me like MA locked the account, the player sued them for 330k, MA countered with evidence of bot use, Player caved and admitted abusing they system, Player had to pay damages (sounds like maybe it was a bit, but no way to know for sure), and MA can finally liquidate the seized "assets".

Probably a very expensive affair for the player. After what ever the settlement was...By the time lawyers come into play, the player is out a bunch of money even after a sale, and assuming guilt was admitted in a frivolous suit, they probably will be paying MA's lawyers too.

Makes sense MA settled on contents as proving how those were obtained and tied to the questionable activity would cost court time and lawyer money. So now all MA needs to do is sell the gear they settled on to be sold, for how ever much the market pays, so they can pay the player that portion of his account back per old Eula, and close out the whole deal.

MA probably, hopefully would have rather reinserted into the pool but it became a court matter, they have no option. They became assets that need to be liquidated on behalf of the owner.

The case in a roundabout way confirms ownership of the virtual goods as real value assets. Probably an important precedent for future cases.

I would venture to guess this has been in the works for a couple years, and that this case is the reason the Eula changed to only cover last 6 months of deposits in case of default last year. With the change in the Eula, a player could no longer seek damages like this particular player did.

He stats that the document he showed is an early draft and not the one signed, so therefore not actually confidential. I guess he tried posting here but was banned for multi accounts though he stated he didnt already have an account here.

From what I understand from reading the TOU of the game the only thing a player is promised after a terminated account is what ped was on their ped card and the TT value of their items.

I agree with Styker they should release these items to the loot pool to lift up a hunters spirits and if they cant put them in a loot pool have a lottery of some sorts so all avatars have a chance to get them not just the ones with deep pockets. I have no chance at buying them as most the players of EU will probably say but atleast we would have snowballs chance at getting them the other two ways.

Just my :twocents:

He stats that the document he showed is an early draft and not the one signed, so therefore not actually confidential. I guess he tried posting here but was banned for multi accounts though he stated he didnt already have an account here.

Edit; was a bit quick there :p It actually says that he has to pay 25k for each time he distributes that document to a third party :)

Last edited:
--mod's comment--
With penalties.
While MindArk does have the right to publish some information concerning the settlement, release of this document is not specifically included in the list.
In light of that, and after discussion with JC, the thread posted here will not be made public.

narfi, that's part of the reason we decided to not allow the thread the person made here.

• It was made by a brand new account seemingly made for the single purpose of making this single post. (literally a throwaway account)
  • As they used pictures in their first (only) post, it was auto-modded by the system, pending mod approval.
  • Serica did some fact-checking but couldn't find record of this legal action.
  • If this was NOT signed, then it means nothing, because it's not what was agreed upon, meaning things (perhaps all of it) changed.
  • Also if it wasn't signed, that would explain why it can't be found within the legal files, but that also means it isn't a legal document, and none of it can be taken as fact. Anyone could have made it for any reason.
  • I'm also dubious because folks have searched Sweden's legal system for documented actions concerning MA, specifically about this case for years. Suddenly we have...

I don't much care personally. If MA made an agreement against someone who admitted cheating, then it seems to me MA lost. If this (or something like this) is true, I'm personally fine whether it becomes public or doesn't.

Just to reiterate: We mods did not suppress this person's post here in some stupid attempt to control information. But too many concerns (listed above) were raised.

If the real person used their real PCF account (They have enough inside info to have access to this document, but don't have an account here? Unlikely.) posted info (legally allowed to be shown in public) with links showing verifiable evidence that would be one thing. But that didn't happen.

--/mod's comment--

This will hurt the market value of these items. One of two things will happen
1. Rich ubers will buy the items at current market value
2. These items will barely make 50% of their value, great for the buyer, not good for the current owners.

This will hurt the market value of these items. One of two things will happen
1. Rich ubers will buy the items at current market value
2. These items will barely make 50% of their value, great for the buyer, not good for the current owners.

you could also have anyone owning that kind of stuff to sellout and put 1ped sb on their stuff or whatever underpriced rate they want and get the same outcome, past liquidations showed that they dont throw in all the items at once in auction...

You have to realize that this won't only affect the current owners of the same items, but owners of similar weapons and UL weapons in general. IMK2, MM, and high-end uber guns set the bar at which other guns are priced as well. Meaning, that if a gun with 3.3 eco is worth 100k, then a gun with 3.0 eco should never be worth the same. However, if the same 3.3 eco gun now drops to say 30k, then that 3.0 eco gun which was worth let's say 15k is now probably worth <10k. Furthermore, the market is very small for these uber weapons. The fact that 2 IMK2 and other high end weapons means that these guns will sell for below market price (IMO), giving an illusion that these are the current market prices. However, I think this will be a bad assumption of market price because it is simply a flood of items in the market, rather than the normal selling of items. Just my thoughts..

I wonder what would happen if MindArk Official Liquidator did something that has happend time and time again in the past, and accidently sell mod fap/imk2 for tt+1 BO. :eyecrazy:

Would they follow same rules as us? :laugh:

One thing for sure he'd be fired on the spot I bet.

Would happen the same thing that when a MA guy traded 400 CLDs for the price of 1. You'll be politely asked to trade back :silly2:

Why weren't these items put back into the loot pool? Aside from the obvious reason, releasing these over the course of a year would boost hunting morale at all levels...

Obviously because MA badly needs these money, otherwise they'd not care and left the stuff rotting in the tombs.

Are we sure MA gets the money from the sell? could it not be that the banned players get the money from the sell?
I mean, it one thing to ban players, an other to take all their items and peds.

That's why they have the ToU:

Terms of Use said:
5.3. Terminated Account

In the event that Your Account is Terminated and if applicable, no refund will be granted except for the balance on Your PED Card and the TT value of the objects on the Account, as set out above.

ToU said:
5.3. Terminated Account

In the event that Your Account is Terminated and if applicable, no refund will be granted except for the balance on Your PED Card and the TT value of the objects on the Account, as set out above.

Auction justified by the fact that

Kim said:
Here's the bottom line, our PEDs come from sales such as estates and motherships. We can either pocket this money by deleting the PEDs thus reducing the amount of currency in circulation or cycle it back in various ways such as playing with it on our own avatars. The latter is the better alternative for you, assuming you want more rather than less money in the system.

And no we cant influence the loot of a single player. We're a business and how exactly would that help improve our bottom line? Adding features to the system costs big money and it isn't wasted on things that can't possibly contribute to that. (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...t=#post3194523)

and if what was said in the "official paper posted about court decision" is true, they have to sell it in auction and share income with the owner.

For me, even if MA only have to pay out 40% of the value achieved at auction, this blows a hole in the ToU that MA are only liable for the TT value. It would confirm either that a court would judge each case on its merits, or that MA, faced with a potential judgement, would settle out of court for what they could get.

On the plus side for MA though, the Contingent Liability in their accounts would go down as the winning auction buyers convert Ped into MU.

By the way, if this is an out-of-court settlement as opposed to a court judgement, it is presumably not recorded within the Swedish legal system.

Last edited:
Since all acoounts are owned by Mindark and not the PP's -

Why are these items in the Calypso Auction and not the Global Auction?

It's going to be a pain having to hang around on Caly while the auctions approach their end. I hope MA reconsider and put them in Global area.

Maybe the global auction isn't currently working?

I would suspect it is not on Global Auction because these items were originally looted on Calypso.

im guessing because they were originated from calypso... and not another planet..obviously... but global would be more fair for people that don't go to caly for whatever reason

im guessing because they were originated from calypso... and not another planet..obviously... but global would be more fair for people that don't go to caly for whatever reason

[tinfoil hat]
The auction is well timed so people would have to come to Caly and, once they're there, maybe participated in MM :)
[/tinfoil hat]

[tinfoil hat]
The auction is well timed so people would have to come to Caly and, once they're there, maybe participated in MM :)
[/tinfoil hat]
lol hmm good point though, prolly true.

Some interesting goodies here :)

Status
Back