Akoz' Ultimate Event : Over 1 MILLION PED in prizes!

Status
As a comparison.. if you get 5k globals in an unnamed reward program from someone that owns 50% of entropialife then you can redeem it for 10k peds or an outdated alienware computer. For 10k globals here you get an LA. I'll leave the evaluation of difficulty up to the players - the rewards per global are very real and very fair.

I need to weigh in on this.

1. BIG Rewards program is not a contest it is merely a bonus that has a range of prizes that reward people for doing regular activities.
2. The whole Idea of competition between LA owners is that they all offer prizes and incentives to help the player base and thus the platform. It encourages people to play and helps the economy of the game as a whole. The more people that play the game be it on a BIG Land area, or one owned by Akoz, or any other player should have a direct benefit for the game. Hopefully it encourages people to deposit and thus keeps the game in existence for many years to come. No one wins if the game goes away.
3. Before BIG started being aggressive and helping players enjoy some events the game lacked these initiatives. I am extremely happy to see other land area owners come on board to help the community, none of the programs are bad, BIG will give away almost 400k ped this year in events, this combined with what other LA owners are doing is way more peds than any one land area or prize ever offered in the game.

Lets work together and set some precedences so we can attract players from other platforms to come to EU and really see what advantages they have by playing this game.

Cheers all!

Salty~

I think its pretty safe to say that Nea's as a prize is more for show than an actual prize...

I certainly hope not, since that is the prize I would like to claim.
While this is just the beginning of a long event, there is no reason to think that it is unachievable.
My team is currently made up of a few mid lvl casual players and we are near 1/2 the global rate we would need to win Neas Place in 2 years. (my goal)

Once I have time (summer is super busy for me in rl) to work on my team development, it shouldn't be a problem to achieve those goals.

While it is good for the community imo, I believe that all the land owners are doing it for selfish reasons (as well they should) to increase turnover on their respective land areas. Competition is good, and the reason I chose this event over SIG or BIG is because the top prize was one I wanted.

Neas has sentimental value for me and alot of players as it is where we started the game.
BIG has worked hard at creating their own starting areas for just this very purpose, and I think that is good too.
Like I said, Competition is good.

Reactions: das
do mining globals on those 4 LAs count towards UP points too?

do mining globals on those 4 LAs count towards UP points too?

Not currently. We have plans to add that later, but there's currently no ETA.

The scores has been updated!

There is still not much competition for EntropiaTransport. They are missing 1 point to become really really 1337! :)

hi,

you forgot one argonaut young on me i think 35 point and i have 9 glob on young and one on argo adult :)
9*4 + 3 = 39 :)

ty

hi,

you forgot one argonaut young on me i think 35 point and i have 9 glob on young and one on argo adult :)
9*4 + 3 = 39 :)

ty

Hi Zoligato

I can see 8 youngs and 1 Adult on your score list

Is there any chance you have a screenshot of that 9th young global you can share?

maturity and area clarity

The UP value for globals on differing maturities is clear for Ambu and Argonaut Areas. But not quite so for the Atrox Areas.

Atrox Young only on Atrox Paradise is the same as Ambu Young only on Nea's. While being clear, clarification that all other maturities on these area are equivalent to 0 UP would help. As you have done for the Argo, where the clarity is in that the other maturities are valued at 3 UP.

Atrox Paradise:
Atrox Young - 3 UP
Atrox Others - 0 UP

What is unclear, are the +- symbols relating to 'mid-level' Atrox.
Does this mean;

Atrox Valley:
Atrox Provider, Guardian, Dominant - 3 UP
Atrox Others 0 UP

or

Atrox Valley:
Atrox Old, Provider, Guardian, Dominant, Alpha - 3 UP
Atrox Others - 0 UP
?

table in first op:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ent-Over-1-MILLION-PED-in-prizes!#post3158874

New land areas added!

Starting from Monday 16.09.2013 we'll add two more areas for this event:

OLA 2 - Atrox Paradise near Nate's Valley TP feature young atrox for 3 points each.

la02.jpg

OLA 40 - Atrox Valley near Akmuul TP featuring mid level atrox for 3 points each.

la40_100524.jpg

Atrox bronze missions can be picked up at 69400, 88800 (northeast of Fort Ithaca).

Please note points will only start counting from Monday 16.09.2013 at 00:00 MA time.

Last edited:
The UP value for globals on differing maturities is clear for Ambu and Argonaut Areas. But not quite so for the Atrox Areas.

Atrox Young only on Atrox Paradise is the same as Ambu Young only on Nea's. While being clear, clarification that all other maturities on these area are equivalent to 0 UP would help. As you have done for the Argo, where the clarity is in that the other maturities are valued at 3 UP.

Atrox Paradise:
Atrox Young - 3 UP
Atrox Others - 0 UP

What is unclear, are the +- symbols relating to 'mid-level' Atrox.
Does this mean;

Atrox Valley:
Atrox Provider, Guardian, Dominant - 3 UP
Atrox Others 0 UP

or

Atrox Valley:
Atrox Old, Provider, Guardian, Dominant, Alpha - 3 UP
Atrox Others - 0 UP
?

table in first op:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ent-Over-1-MILLION-PED-in-prizes!#post3158874

Hi Pearwood

I see what you mean. This can be made more clear.

Points are given for ALL mobs of the specified type on the areas. For atroxes all atroxes gives 3 points regardless of maturity. The same for Ambu's at Nea's. When it comes to Argo the youngs gives 4 points and everything else gives 3 points.

I will update the descriptions in the OP.

Hi Pearwood

I see what you mean. This can be made more clear.

Points are given for ALL mobs of the specified type on the areas. For atroxes all atroxes gives 3 points regardless of maturity. The same for Ambu's at Nea's. When it comes to Argo the youngs gives 4 points and everything else gives 3 points.

I will update the descriptions in the OP.

Thank You Akoz, your explanation has cleared up any ambiguity regarding the rules. Updating the op to show this is appreciated.

Akoz,

What did you do to New Switzerland (OLA 41) West?!? Last 1400 argos killed and no global!?! :mad:

Well.. I went to check:

1.jpg

Seems to work for me :)

Are you sure you killed the right 1400?

Akoz

I can't send you a mp because your mail box is full ;)

maturity in north needs some tweaking imo. To many hunters still running around the place, would like majority to be scout-gatherer, some adults are also in the LA, however this maturity does not help me towards my quest.

also hate there is no revive in the north area.

Wife ran off with my peds!!!!

My wife flashed me her boobs, then tricked me into handing over all my ped and she then ran off for a mining orgy on the asteroids. I am now stuck waiting till deed payouts to continue my Ambu hunting. I am currently slumming withe Elite Argonauts to complete my Silver mission. I blame you Akoz because I can't stay mad at my amazing wife.

I do like the event though.:)

Thanks

Zeke Zerostone

Akoz, could you do something about the Raider/ Hunter spawns in the north please. They are starting to get on my nerves. It's also not justified to spend more peds on anything higher than Gatherer if I'm gonna get less points than a Youngster. On avg the majority of spawn is on Guardian and that has 500 health, so either adjust the maturity settings or give LA north 5 points per global rather than 3.

Bit of shameless advertising : Today at 20:00 MA time on OLA 2 : Saturday Baby Trox event :)

Good chance to get some points for this event :)

Can i register for this solo and in a team at the same time ?

The top prize requires 50,000 ambu globals to claim.
For a single player to achieve that would be insane.

Suppose they get 50 globals a day,
That would be 1,000 days or 2.74 years.

Doing 75dps I am able to average around 2 globals per hour, so 50 per day is possible (but not realistic), so for this scenario to work the solo person would need to play 24 hours a day for a thousand days.

Even when we get our team up to the strength I believe it should be (we are just running a few guys right now) it will still probably take us close to two years to achieve.

And since a major focus of EtopiaTanspor.comURL] is to benefit new players by offering free or donation flights in addition to our VIP warps, Neas Place and the sweat circles there is a great place for us to 'spam' :)

(now i just need to convince Akoz to put a hyper-link in our team name on the score boards :p )

well thanx for explaining it.
and I wish you all good luck.

it's to bad though that you use like every single post option you get to spam about your wonderfull transport line, like jbk does as well in his posts.

but I do hope you will get to win the event , though I hope others to win the even as well offcourse ;)

Hello Akoz,

Did you read my last PM?

well thanx for explaining it.
and I wish you all good luck.

it's to bad though that you use like every single post option you get to spam about your wonderfull transport line, like jbk does as well in his posts.

but I do hope you will get to win the event , though I hope others to win the even as well offcourse ;)

Preety funny someone with a huge picture advertising there service in there signature calling out someone else.

Pot meet kettle. ;)

Sorry to have offended you, but I would welcome you to read through my post history and re-assess your openion of me :)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/search.php?searchid=8039673

Part of any team sporting event is the team spirit and pride, I have to walk a fine line in encouraging my team with that and not offending people like you with 'spamming every post' I had thought I kept the balance pretty well as you can see in my post history I linked you with, but will pay closer attention in the future.

And Hammer..... JBK is 'Black', I am 'Hungry' (for victory) :p

OLA 40 and OLA02 has one week left in this event.. Get those iron missions done while you can still get points for them!

OLA40 and OLA02 expires 30th of September and will be replaced by two other areas yet to be revealed.

Do you want it to be a surprise, or do you plan to give us a 2 -3 day spoiler for the next LAs?

Do you want it to be a surprise, or do you plan to give us a 2 -3 day spoiler for the next LAs?

I'll announce the areas before the weekend.

Meanwhile.. we have a new team showing they're serious as Ultimate Win Win Vegas is starting to gain on the ET.

The current top 10 players (not teams) are as follows:

Max Hing Hinkus465
General of the sidxx Forsaken Fallen360
firejuggler water zabimalu287
Stelios AKALYPTOS ntelinatsos273
quin perv amorim267
Zedrick Zeke Zerostone250
Sigrid SikiLota Fine229
Jaque ApeDrape LeCaque222
Black Caesar Hyperion220
Jabez JAG Groove218

Good event like always Akoz,