Question: Are the skill increase bonuses still around ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Just wondering as I have not had one since last weekend. My longest time in game was around 4 hours in case that would have anything it.

I asked the soc. Some have, some haven't.

I got one the other day, after 895ped of ammo almost out of ammo i got a stinkin skill increase buffer of 5 minutes :) what a waste of space, not only that there was bugger all hogglo near me, it's like they timed it especially so i couldn't use it.

I seem to get one whenever I come back from short (~5 minutes) AFK.

So, if you don't get skill boosts, maybe you should start smoking. :smoke:

On a more serious note, the statement about "recent level of activity" was pretty vague, and it might well be that your chance to get a boost is higher when said level is decreasing - "don't stop, here's some candy for you".

I seem to get one whenever I come back from short (~5 minutes) AFK.

So, if you don't get skill boosts, maybe you should start smoking. :smoke:

On a more serious note, the statement about "recent level of activity" was pretty vague, and it might well be that your chance to get a boost is higher when said level is decreasing - "don't stop, here's some candy for you".

Well I guess my level is decreasing because a month or so ago I was ranked 13th now I am 177. That should really tell MA I need some candy lol.

Who cares? This boosts are more a joke, if you ask me, or a drop water v.s. the hot stone.

I'd estimate their frequency at once per every 800-1000 ped cycled. Time online doesn't matter, higher dps gives higher frequency.

What I find funny is that most of the time I get them when I'm either almost out of ammo/swords and spend most of the bonus time repairing/resupplying, or finishing last mob in vicinity and spend the time running around looking for a new spawn :D

And yes, in the end all this matters no more than finding fruits. The same suspense and value of finding.

Who cares? This boosts are more a joke, if you ask me, or a drop water v.s. the hot stone.

I disagree, some of the boosts are very good. I had one that was 146% for 17.5 minutes. I gained a full 1% from it. Considering I usually take about 500 ped in ammo to gain that much and used less than half that amount to get that gain I think it was worth it. Having said that I do agree that most of the time they are not that great and like Svargo said it seems to happen when you are about out of ammo.

I disagree, some of the boosts are very good. I had one that was 146% for 17.5 minutes. I gained a full 1% from it. Considering I usually take about 500 ped in ammo to gain that much and used less than half that amount to get that gain I think it was worth it. Having said that I do agree that most of the time they are not that great and like Svargo said it seems to happen when you are about out of ammo.

But at what cost. Skills have a TT value and we all know mindark don't just give away PEDs. Not to mention there would be the usual outrage if the skill gain boost punished mark up of skill. I'm sure we'll find..... Over time..... That there has been a skill nerf in order to accommodate these bonuses.

As per the op's question.... I got a boost for plasma after tagging a bulk yesterday. Didn't help much seeings I was using laser as my main weapon.

Menace

I tracked all the boosts triggered over the bonus weekend so that i could compare it with the rate of boosts afterward. Well, the joke's on me. I had about 2 dozen boosts during that weekend, and have had 1 or 0 (might have had one right after the weekend officially ended) in the > 8kPEDs cycled since then.

The rate of boosts now might just as well be zero.

I tracked all the boosts triggered over the bonus weekend so that i could compare it with the rate of boosts afterward. Well, the joke's on me. I had about 2 dozen boosts during that weekend, and have had 1 or 0 (might have had one right after the weekend officially ended) in the > 8kPEDs cycled since then.

Same here, 8 boosts or so during the bonus weekend and none since then. :(

just got a 10m 20s boost, 88% teleportation. followed by 4x lag for teleporting and then a CTD. yes, this will help me alot...

I bought a Embra sword T0
Hunted all weekend probably 30 hours and have it at T3.4 I only got 1 skill boost at 100% ( exactly when the sword needed repair)

So I guess time has nothing to do with it!
Not sure if Ped spent has anything to do with it either has I spend over 3k ped in repairs (on the sword alone)

Have had a few boosts recently. The boosts remind one of the carrot on a stick in front of a horse concept. Last one was a 15 min boost (was just about to finish a run)...hmmm now how many peds did I just spend in those extra 15 minutes? As one of the posters mentioned it will be interesting to note if we get the boosts toward the end of runs or when probes/ammo etc are low? In my observation they seem to appear toward the end; just when ready to log out boom a long boost appears :laugh:.

The boosts remind one of the carrot on a stick in front of a horse concept.

I don't care about boosts anymore, now where's my carrot. Where's my F&$%& carrot ! :mad:

LOL got a 15 minute, 100% laser weapon boost last night and then got a disconnect five minutes later. These really should persist through a disconnect. :/

I got a 20 min 0% strength item crafting skill bonus last week..... Extremely useless.

Ok - they are still around - I got a 10 minute boost last night whilst hunting atrox and I had ammo and a gun for the whole boost period, first time that has happened.

Skill boosts are a good thought...They definitely need to be tweeked...I get more skill gains without them probably

That sounds just like me. Like you maybe 1 since the weekend. Have been on up to 4 hours and burning ped all the that time and nothing.

I think MA should have posted at the end of the Boost Weekend comment on the main page with

"BTW Get all you can on the weekends because it is going to be real friggin hard to get one after"

My experience has led me to the conclusion that it is tied to amount of ped cycled. During the skill boost weekends I got them like clockwork at about 500 - 600 ped cycled. I even started Babe Ruth'ing it and calling it just before I would "knock one out of the park". It seems to me that since the weekend though that there is more variance in when they happen as I haven't been able to establish what that threshhold may be now.

I really had to laugh at this one. As I said I have had maybe one boost since the extra boosts stopped and I finally got one, 7min 30secs @36%. I had a mining amp almost done, actually had 3 drops left, when I got the boost it was the next to the last one or on the second drop. I bought a half dead lvl 5 amp that had about 20 drops left and that was all the mining I have done in months and did it only because hunting has been so bad and BTW I had used 17 of the 20 drops 2 days ago. Go figure :eyecrazy:

The skill bonus I've found most hilarious is Translocation. So you tp out to your mob and get translocation skill boost. In what situation will you next use tp chip? Oh you were planning to tp jump around for five minutes? Ehhh... probably not. It's going to be when that bastard mob (I can call the mobs names right?) crits you twice in a row... Again! So now you have your reason to tp again. What don't you have? Translocation skill bonus...
:tele: :tp: :bull: :tele: :tp: :duh: :rofl:

The skill bonus I've found most hilarious is Translocation. So you tp out to your mob and get translocation skill boost. In what situation will you next use tp chip? Oh you were planning to tp jump around for five minutes? Ehhh... probably not. It's going to be when that bastard mob (I can call the mobs names right?) crits you twice in a row... Again! So now you have your reason to tp again. What don't you have? Translocation skill bonus...
:tele: :tp: :bull: :tele: :tp: :duh: :rofl:

Hehe that's about it.

Really strange... I got another laser weapon bonus today. 100% for 5.x minutes. That's a total of two bonuses since the bonus weekend, and both of them 100%.

This new skill bonus is totally useless as it is designed, Think we could equally well have been without it.

Got one fiew hours ago for blades, but it was for only like 4 minutes, so I think it's still on

got one 2 days ago. 100% for 5 min

I have got a couple in the last few days so I guess it is working but not very often. To read the burb by MA it was going to be all the time but MA's all the time is much different than mine:laugh:

I have got a couple in the last few days so I guess it is working but not very often. To read the burb by MA it was going to be all the time but MA's all the time is much different than mine:laugh:

you now have a chance all the time to get one...

I got 2 yesterday I think, but they are sporadic at best

(and usually when I'm about done w/whatever)

Back