Arsonistic Chip III TEN Edition UL

Now this VII com will make a III arson look like a little kids toy. It's interesting how the market moves, and peoples perception of good value changes.

This is where we are miscommunicating. You cannot compare the combustive VII with the arson III, they do different things and can be used in parallel. It's like comparing a fap with a gun, why not have both.

And at this stage the Arson TEN is the best UL item that does what it does, that is undisputable. That can and probably will change, but for now it is the best, and I think the price will reflect that.

This is where we are miscommunicating. You cannot compare the combustive VII with the arson III, they do different things and can be used in parallel. It's like comparing a fap with a gun, why not have both.

And at this stage the Arson TEN is the best UL item that does what it does, that is undisputable. That can and probably will change, but for now it is the best, and I think the price will reflect that.

apart from the costs to tier it :)

Look at this pic, I had no enhancers running, becasue of mob agro, and still pulled a cool item, and was hitting over 100 damage per shot (see in pic). Now why would i want to use an ignite if I'd get better value throwing on enhancers and almost doubling my damage?

What I'm saying mate, is that enhancers totally changed the way MF is used. To me it said dont bother with the risk of misses with ignite/arson run enhancers instead.

ok you could argue to use an arson plus a tooled up chip packed with enhancers, but I guess it can start getting silly.

Yes it is cool unlimited item and unique, but for power when you can get more from enhancers doesn't justify my view of running it. If I can get an ignite/arson to deliver 1000+ damage I'll think about taking them up again.

Damage Enhancers for MF is the game changer.

You're not wrong I'm not wrong we are both justifying our own position and reasoning.

Rick

You're not wrong I'm not wrong we are both justifying our own position and reasoning.

Rick

Again, I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying, but I have no interest in pursuing it further.

Two relevant points that you have brought up which I would like to offer comment on though:

• Miss-rate: This chip does not miss more than any other maxed chip, that is just a fact.

• Tiering costs: Yes, they are very high, but this is not necessarily a bad thing. It could be a mistake on MA's part, which is why I'm going to wait for a couple of VU's before I tier mine. If it's not, then this indicates to me that MA considers the Arson III TEN to be a very high-value item. Look at the list of tier 1 costs from Entropedia:

Arsonistic Chip III TEN Edition
Omegaton Fast Aid Pack Improved
Hedoc Mayhem Modified
Genesis Star Excavator Improved
A-3 Justifier Mk.II Improved
Wormslayer
EWE EP-40 Mercenary Modified
Supremacy
Genesis Star Excavator Adjusted
Eon, SGA Edition
Sentinel
Vain

If it's not a mistake, then this reinforces what I suspect; which is that MA does not intend to drop better UL d-o-t weapons, at least for a long time. Making the Arson TEN arguably one of the best items in the game. Given the numbers of them that are dropping, I think current prices are fair, but when they stop, the sky is the limit. I'm just glad I've already got mine.

Last edited:
I hope that we get value for the high tier cost.:wise:

If it's not, then this indicates to me that MA considers the Arson III TEN to be a very high-value item

Or they simply think its strong enough at Tier 0 already and want you do pay some heavy bucks to become "imbalanced" :wtg:

And while the tiering costs are high the enhancer consumption should be very low at 5 Attacks/min which sounds "balanced"

chip is a vanity toy for unarmored pvp, dose not take much protection and it hits for 1,1,1,1,1,1,
to me its worth a k or so depending on cost to tier. if its really more then a k ped to tier I would not want one.

I'm hoping the high tiering cost is a result of MindArk's tier-cost formula mistakenly "forgetting" that there is an internal cooldown. Tier cost seems to be related to (among other things) efficiency, range and power; perhaps this item was calculated as a tool doing roughly 133 dps instead of 17 - from 60 meters at a relatively strong efficiency rating.

I believe (see: hope) this scenario is even more likely given the relatively short period of time attack chips have been tier-able. Seems to me like a plausable oversight.

For a cost of 1.3 seconds the arson chip does 150-300 damage, not a single weapon ingame can beat that except the Prototype Rocket Launcher XXX (L). Even when fully tiered all the way to 10 and with the best unlimited amps only 7 weapons can do more damage at the time cost.

@edit:
this post is false alram - read next few posts ;).
(end) edit:

----------------------------

Just something that i have noticed (and will probably set much lower value on this chip):

Part of ingame item description:
"Strength: 90% of damage"

If you have bar of mob visible and hover over the small "burning" ico you will see that it has description of avg dmg/s and how much time left on the effect.

I have noted few of those dmg/s descriptions and result was:
max (so far) 26.74dmg/s
min (so far) 13.51dmg/s

Notice the effect takes exactly 10 seconds so it equals:
max (so far) 267.4 dmg
min (so far) 135.1 dmg

This clearly is not right comapred to 150-300 dmg... but if you consider that it only takes "90% of damage" it seems to fit (min = 135, max 270).

This significantly reduces both:
effective dps now 15.66 (minus swap time give around 14 effective dps)
effective dmg/pec 2.66 (not 2.957)

As for me it makes not much difference because do not belive in TT eco (dmg/pec) so i still think it is great "amplifier" ;).

Also it seems that it works with criticals too. So far lowest i have got was 40.68dmg/sec. As far as i know critical formula is this: crit = rand(min,max) + max. So here lowest crit including 90% of damage only would result with lowest 135+270 = 405 minimal crit value (i have got 406.8 so far).

Some field tests would be nice (using only Arso chip as weapon) to get actual min and max dmg made over tme with each one shoot. I am hunting aurlis atm so can't do it right now but when i am back to Caly and have some time i will.

Falagor
:bandit:

Last edited:
Just something that i have noticed (and will probably set much lower value on this chip):

Part of ingame item description:
"Strength: 90% of damage"

If you have bar of mob visible and hover over the small "burning" ico you will see that it has description of avg dmg/s and how much time left on the effect.

I have noted few of those dmg/s descriptions and result was:
max (so far) 26.74dmg/s
min (so far) 13.51dmg/s

Notice the effect takes exactly 10 seconds so it equals:
max (so far) 267.4 dmg
min (so far) 135.1 dmg

This clearly is not right comapred to 150-300 dmg... but if you consider that it only takes "90% of damage" it seems to fit (min = 135, max 270).

This significantly reduces both:
effective dps now 15.66 (minus swap time give around 14 effective dps)
effective dmg/pec 2.66 (not 2.957)

As for me it makes not much difference because do not belive in TT eco (dmg/pec) so i still think it is great "amplifier" ;).

Also it seems that it works with criticals too. So far lowest i have got was 40.68dmg/sec. As far as i know critical formula is this: crit = rand(min,max) + max. So here lowest crit including 90% of damage only would result with lowest 135+270 = 405 minimal crit value (i have got 406.8 so far).

Some field tests would be nice (using only Arso chip as weapon) to get actual min and max dmg made over tme with each one shoot. I am hunting aurlis atm so can't do it right now but when i am back to Caly and have some time i will.

Falagor

You forgot to account for the dmg that is done when you shoot the mob with it, which happens to be the missing 10% of the total damage :). 10% is done up front and the remaining 90% as damage over time.

You forgot to account for the dmg that is done when you shoot the mob with it, which happens to be the missing 10% of the total damage :). 10% is done up front and the remaining 90% as damage over time.

Hmm... i am fresh user of this chip tbh (killed 200 aurlis so far) and i did notice small dmg at start. I had no idea that this was not part of effect over time.

To be 100% convinced though then i will need to do some field tests with arso chip only and add all dmg of each shoot made. Will post when i have results (but next few days i am on CP).

Sorry for false alarm then if what Medusa says is true then :laugh:.

Falagor

This is what I think too, there is no other logical reason to write "90% of damage". You could just write "135-270 over 10 secs".

Oki i admit that i missed the "first" impact dmg and thought it was part of damage ove time. Did some field tests using only arso chip and result was: min dmg 151.1, max dmg 296.8. Obviously it means that total damage done is between 150-300 :).

Sorry for false alarm but i guess someone else might have wondered too - so this is clarification for sure :).

Falagor

I'm hoping the high tiering cost is a result of MindArk's tier-cost formula mistakenly "forgetting" that there is an internal cooldown. Tier cost seems to be related to (among other things) efficiency, range and power; perhaps this item was calculated as a tool doing roughly 133 dps instead of 17 - from 60 meters at a relatively strong efficiency rating.

I believe (see: hope) this scenario is even more likely given the relatively short period of time attack chips have been tier-able. Seems to me like a plausable oversight.

I talked to kim ingame and he confirmed its an automatic function that calculates the tiering cost, and that somehow it must be wrong for the DOT chips, so we can assume a fix will come for this.

I talked to kim ingame and he confirmed its an automatic function that calculates the tiering cost, and that somehow it must be wrong for the DOT chips, so we can assume a fix will come for this.

Thanks for that info. I really hope they don't wait to change this when they re-vamp the rest of the tiering system as it is a completely separate issue...

to give people an idea how MA value this item.

9th Place price in spring mayhem is a Arsonistic Chip III TEN ed.

Given the items below in the list, they value this one quite high.

but its still only a lvl III chip

im sure there will be some lvl X chip later on so i wouldnt pay +4k for this

i would consider buying one for maybe +500 to + 1k

Yep :).

Of course someone will argue that place on Mayhem list is irrevelant but i think this gives clue how valuable MA think they are :).

Falagor

Value only matters when buying or selling one, right now they seam to go for around +3k.
I hope its correct that cost to tier it is wrong and will be lowered, my chip is tier 0.7 and counting :)

How can the gun in spot #10 have about 7 times more value then this chip then ? :confused:

How can the gun in spot #10 have about 7 times more value then this chip then ? :confused:

Remember place 13 on Merry Mayhem? it was better reward than places 2-10.

Falagor

ma also values chron TEN + adj hedoc (third place prize) more then prize 4 to 8

but i know id be pretty upset if i end up in third place :p

but its still only a lvl III chip

im sure there will be some lvl X chip later on so i wouldnt pay +4k for this

i would consider buying one for maybe +500 to + 1k

There was one high L in auction but it looked buged in relation of skill requirement/damage.
(105 pyro hit / 900 damage compared with III UL - 24 pyro hit /500 damage)

Reactions: il
Back