At a loss.. please tell me what to do!

No offense meant, but I do believe that it has been said time and time and time again (in your previous threads and also in this one)...

That the most important thing that we have and can bring across to you is for you to match the mob that your going to hunt with the amount of PEDs that you can afford to hunt with.

- Determine the amount of peds (or money) that you are willing to pay as entertainment for the game per month, deposit that amount.
- Ration it so that it will last you throughout the month and then match what you can spend per day (or session) to the HP of the mob that you will be able to AFFORD to hunt. (For instance, so that you can kill about 1k of them for that day or session? Depending on how long that is...)
- That is the best course of action that I can recommend for you.

And as I quote here...

However, one thing that is for certain is that...as you progress within the game and start to hunt higher HP and tougher mobs, the amount of PEDs (or real money) that you will start to lose will also increase accordingly. (10% of 100 PEDs may be a small sum to lose...but what about 10% of 1000 PEDs, 10k PEDs or even 100k PEDs?)

Last edited:
over all, i'd say try to think of eu as a strategy game, where your success depends on the choices you make along the way - and have fun doing it!

yes yes yes yes yes.

1. liquidate some ped
2.buy l1000 pistol at 107% till HM is on, after it will go up (stock in ) or people will go back to hoglo mission then Hl5 will drop back to 104% and buy that
3.do the Kerberos mission , circulate 1k ped , l1000,hl5 +a105,a104 , USE FINISHER .with your hp you don't need fapping and you get 1ped pixie cost after 200 ped hunt .
4.sell oil at 115 %
5.Profit
6.buy UL 30 dps SIB weapon
7. repeate
works for me and for soc mates

with 1k bank roll i would use lc-60 or lc-55 which ever has lower MU. and hunt ambulimax youngs or atrax medium. anything with 1k hp atleast. and stop once in a while if loot isnt good and try again at a later time and not burn all of them in 36 hours.

Thats best advice so far :) take it and might be a game change for you.

Unamped mining at foma style might be good idea for you too :)

Last edited:
One thing i find odd.

Alot of players buy gear for 20-80k

And only maintain a ped buffer for cycling around 500-2000 ped

And whine about bad returns

Try the reverse.

Buy gear for 2000 ped.

Use L weapons with mow MU / Good dpp with MU

Use the 20-80k ped for cycling and storaging MU resources.

Sure, you wont look as cool as you did with all that fancy gear, but you will post alot less threads regarding losses....

Not pointed towards OP, but more a general observation.

Sometimes, you get rewarded somehow by changing profession.

Buy 2 level 5 amps and go to foma.

:bandit:

(what Ace Dave Flyster and Dobrinocb said)

Southpark explains EU, watch latest episode. :)

"Freemium"

1. liquidate some ped
3.do the Kerberos mission , circulate 1k ped , l1000,hl5 +a105,a104 , USE FINISHER .with your hp you don't need fapping and you get 1ped pixie cost after 200 ped hunt .

What is this Kerberos mission you speak of?

I deposited $70. In about 36 hours I have roughly 90-100 peds to show for it. (maybe)

·Magnus|Mindark: [Xfire] Chatteox: [13:04] Zarki: Does Mindark make there salary by taking small amouts from every users accounts ?

No we earn money on your activity. We aim to to earn an average of one dollar per hour and user based on all users.

Congratulations! You're pretty much average! :yay::beerchug::cheer::clap::dance::woot:

Allow me to explain...

I deposited $70. In about 36 hours I have roughly 90-100 peds to show for it. (maybe)

This meant that in the "about 36 hours", he had lost roughly 600 PEDs or 60 USD. And so works up to about 1.67 USD/hour.

·Magnus|Mindark: [Xfire] Chatteox: [13:04] Zarki: Does Mindark make there salary by taking small amouts from every users accounts ?

No we earn money on your activity. We aim to to earn an average of one dollar per hour and user based on all users.

And according to this above quote, MA "aims" to earn an average of one dollar per hour per user.

Congratulations! You're pretty much average! :yay::beerchug::cheer::clap::dance::woot:

Hence, the above comment I suspect...

Allow me to explain...

This meant that in the "about 36 hours", he had lost roughly 600 PEDs or 60 USD. And so works up to about 1.67 USD/hour.

And according to this above quote, MA "aims" to earn an average of one dollar per hour per user.

Hence, the above comment I suspect...

Guess so... I figured 1.67 was far from average which made me post the "que".

Well, as I recall the original propaganda, it was $1 - 1.5 per hour, and I was too lazy to look for that statement. Actually, I believe it was off on their corporate site somewhere and has probably been deleted long ago.

So, human nature being what it is, I am assuming that his reported results were probably skewed, at least a small amount, to make his point. So, maybe slightly less than 600-ish PEDs in somewhat less than 40-ish hours. Everybody stretches the tape a little when they're measuring their pecker.

Now, keep in mind that they were always perfectly clear that this is their profit distributed across the entire player base and is given as an average per player per hour.. When you take the number of sweat hogs, oil pickers and auction rats who virtually never spend actual cash on playing the game; the number players who "have a system", "haven't deposited in 20 years", "take weekly withdrawals", "blah, blah, blah"; and the number of newbies with their Opallos; it becomes obvious that the rest of us end up making up the difference.

Also, taking into consideration his sample size, the difference between between his reported results and the expect results is what we typically refer to as "in the noise".

I am fully aware that I am not playing in an anal retentive uber-economical manner, but I typically deposit $30-35 each time I login and then I play for anywhere from 5 to 8 hours. Sometimes, I get lucky and I have enough stuff going through auction or built up in storage that I go a week or two without actually needing to deposit. Of course, I do have a couple CLDs, some AUDs, and ComPet deeds, not to mention a crapload of helicopters, dune buggies, hoverpods, armor sets, clothes, weapons, etc.

If the OP is truly spending around $1.50 per hour and having fun playing the game, I really don't think he's doing too badly.

The trouble with asking for advice is ignoring the advice you dont want to hear.

I saw the advice you needed to hear in your previous thread by other posters, and you didnt take note, so you carried on as before and started a new thread.

I'm not being unfairly unkind to quote someone a lot more clever than me:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result - Albert Einstein

5 years ago I asked for advice on this forum and I listened - you are still getting the same answers in this thread as in the previous one you created. This time take heed. It's this:

Doesn't matter what your skill level, its your bankroll that determines what you hunt and how you play.

I dont mean to sound unduly harsh, but if you have to hunt 16,600 Puny at Camp Icarus to learn this then that's what you have to do. :handgun:

Last edited:
Doesn't matter what your skill level, its your bankroll that determines what you hunt and how you play.

I've been watching you for awhile now but Mega says it best right there. Who cares if you have 195 or 1000 HP if you can't comfortably sustain hunting 1 hour on something then move lower and lower until you can. One thing that I have noticed with players that tend to lose their deposits very quickly is that they tend to overspend with the mentality of "oh I'm going to hit it big". It's a dangerous thing to be thinking, especially for a game like this with a RCE to it. Do as the others have suggested, don't try to hunt big game with a little bankroll and instead focus on little things until your bankroll gets bigger from the profits. Yes, this is boring and slow at first; however, I assure you that eventually you'll be able to go bigger :)

Good luck out there. :D

~Danimal

Its going to be a lot of boring grinding.

The trouble with asking for advice is ignoring the advice you dont want to hear.

I saw the advice you needed to hear in your previous thread by other posters, and you didnt take note, so you carried on as before and started a new thread.

I'm not being unfairly unkind to quote someone a lot more clever than me:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result - Albert Einstein

5 years ago I asked for advice on this forum and I listened - you are still getting the same answers in this thread as in the previous one you created. This time take heed. It's this:

I dont mean to sound unduly harsh, but if you have to hunt 16,600 Puny at Camp Icarus to learn this then that's what you have to do. :handgun:

and this message comes to you from a guy who is a lengend among sweaters, and who listened.. so yeah listen well young padawan.. for the great and pwoerful Megavolt has spoken (Oh and follow the yellow brick road..)

Also Mega Your forgot one addendum to the Insanity clause...

"Do it long enough, and you' will bleed... "

also Einstien said this.. with an addendum by yours truly..

"God doesn't play dice with the universe.."

My Addendum: "No but you gotta bluff though his game of poker, and he's stacked the deck against you every time..."

Benjamin Ben Coyote

Poker is similar to EU IMO , similar luck blend with skill/knowledge. Same bankroll management required.

When people who play poker say bankroll, they don't mean the amount available to throw into the next game, they mean their bank to fund all their games.

Commonly people often log on to play poker, see a bankroll, take 10% of that amount to play. Often they find themselves up and down at different points of play...so they set a limit to quit at either way. Say 10% or 20%, that way they don't usually lose out much and can gradually build up.

Apply similar tactics here, divide the bankroll into smaller pots to fund each hunt...then work out what you can hunt at those levels to last long enough to make it fun. You'll not totally lose it, but a real bad session can't break you...and if things go badly you can stick to one...if they are going well you can do another.

As long as you manage to keep solvent and able to carry on you're gaining skills and have a chance to hit a bigger loot. If you manage a decent strategy, luck and mob, you could gradually build the bankroll which would increase the hunt fund and mob variety.

On big bad hunt ...you hit the jackpot or go bust in one. Even if you hit that HOF, chances are it''ll go on a few big hunts and soon be gone that way.

In response. First of all, It's hard to listen when you get 10 different types of advice. So far I've heard - hunt with Bunkin's blade, unamped FOMA, buy 2 lvl 5 amps and go mining, hunt daikiba, sell a lot of my gear, chip down, hunt things at my evade level, get a bigger bankroll, stay on one mob for long time, stop bouncing around, hunt in a team, don't do daily missions, go to Ark,
That's a lot to sort through. I do think your skill level matters somewhat - sure some people could hunt Dasp with a fapper and be almost brand new - but that's the type of behavior I'm trying to say I'm not doing.
I did take note: I did some different things - something still isn't/wasn't right. I decided instead of just complaining and highlighting my dissatisfaction - I would ask the community for suggestions. I recognize I need help and that I'm not happy. I agree, some advice I dont' want to hear - or more like take that action on. I want to hear someone's advice to go do all the puny missions on the planets - doesn't mean I want to do it. I've stated many times that If I am reduced to hunting Daikiba and Punies after over 5 years and getting my health & skills to where they are - then game is dead for me.
I might complain in soc chat (which they all know i do!) but I have only made support cases or threads about my complaints when I really feel something isn't right. Your repsonse sounds like your mad at me for posting this thread or something. I'm just trying to say I'm a customer of MA, and I'm not happy with how my money is going. Like someone else said - I need to make a change or I'll just rage quit. This game has a lot of choices - and I know I don't make the right ones a lot - so one step is for me to ask for input. Thanks.

I've been watching you for awhile now but Mega says it best right there. Who cares if you have 195 or 1000 HP if you can't comfortably sustain hunting 1 hour on something then move lower and lower until you can. One thing that I have noticed with players that tend to lose their deposits very quickly is that they tend to overspend with the mentality of "oh I'm going to hit it big". It's a dangerous thing to be thinking, especially for a game like this with a RCE to it. Do as the others have suggested, don't try to hunt big game with a little bankroll and instead focus on little things until your bankroll gets bigger from the profits. Yes, this is boring and slow at first; however, I assure you that eventually you'll be able to go bigger :)

Good luck out there. :D

~Danimal

Good advice. One of my things I'm trying to say is I do not have the mentality that "I'm going to hit it big." I do not feel I'm overspending. Going out with an LC-55 that has 109% mu and a A102 with 500 ped ammo is pretty decent in my opinion. Could I do something smaller? Sure. My experience has been that moving lower hasn't helped me sustain or make profits. Hunting punies is some of the worst returns I've seen. I still loose (does take longer), but it's more boring, doesn't advance my avatar much, and doesn't really work on any good missions. I really don't think I'm hunting all that big. What I have changed is to scale back even those mobs that are bigger.

I do not feel I'm overspending. Going out with an LC-55 that has 109% mu and a A102 with 500 ped ammo is pretty decent in my opinion..

then why you have to post such threads here?

you want to progress fast, finish quests have fun and profit at same time...? dream on...

to make profit, you have to grind..and grind..and grind..(the right thing with the right budget with the right equpimnet at the right time)

then why you have to post such threads here?

you want to progress fast, finish quests have fun and profit at same time...? dream on...

to make profit, you have to grind..and grind..and grind..(the right thing with the right budget with the right equpimnet at the right time)

This is the place to do it - dedicated players. I'm just asking for opinions/advice. Why are you mad about it?
Progress fast? Profit? I never said any of those things. I'm not trying to make profit - I'm trying to not make stupid decisions if that is what is causing my ped to go so fast. I'm trying to figure out how to keep playing and not rage quit because of all the money i'm just dumping. So tell me the right thing, the right budget, right equipment....

This is the place to do it - dedicated players. I'm just asking for opinions/advice. Why are you mad about it?
Progress fast? Profit? I never said any of those things. I'm not trying to make profit - I'm trying to not make stupid decisions if that is what is causing my ped to go so fast. I'm trying to figure out how to keep playing and not rage quit because of all the money i'm just dumping. So tell me the right thing, the right budget, right equipment....

My answer copied from another thread, regarding trox, but applies to all.

I wouldn´t go as far and say that they are ped eaters, you just need to choose right armor for them. Right armor and plate is essential when hunting mobs with multiple damage types. I choose vampire+3A or 5A plates, vampire only has stab protection (5) and 3A/5A only impact and cut, this cuts down on decay considerably. I would say level 42 evade (there seems/ed a big jump in evading around that level) and min 170 HP will let you have 2-3 small troxes on you all the time (with lower skills 1 at a time still works). I have a bit more evade now (50) and 228hp and on a 1,1k ped melee run I get 12-13ped armor decay and around 15ped fap decay, giving me less than 3% decay cost, with 3-5 troxes on me all the time.

To OP, stick to max 3% decay rule and you should get along fine.

from this thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ayer-looking-for-advice&p=3309114#post3309114

and just keep on grinding one mob. rinse and repeat. there isn´t a difference between a foul or an ambu, besides the graphic.

ok...i am not mad don't get me wrong...

right thing is always difficult to say..what works today doesn't work tomorrow...you should have hunted merp when nova where 2 ped each, you should have grinded drones when they dropped gazz and it was 130% etc etc...
its always good idea to check auction orders on all planets...sometimes there is something to go for..
then check caly auc...muscle oil incredible high atm, all ppl hunting instance so perhaps go for mscule dropping mob? or perhaps farm essence in instance (perhaps too less dropping because all in circulation now, don't know)? or farm weapons (kallous-7?)? (alot high now because high demand)...

right budget..other difficult thing...i would say hunt something where you can make at least 500 kills, which is still low, the more the better...and another good thing would be, if you got low return on a mob one day perghaps next day is way better so to stay at a mob few day would be ideal WITHOUT having to tt anything to continue...
BECAUSE
you should have enough time to let your loot sell...sometimes this takes whole week at auc, so best would be at the end of a long grind you put your stuff at auction, wait to let it sell while you already started the next grind..when this next grind has ended the stuff should have sold, now put stuff at auc again and start the next grind with the money from previous sold auctions..

equipment is always changing too, two weeks ago i could get lc-100 for 108% now is 135%...nearly all weaps high now...sometimes i look up weapons that are cheap and decide mob then...
lc-100 not so high dmg, but i have fapper i trust, so i give him lc-100 too and make team "looter takes all"...and i get hit less often, have higher turnover witch cheap low mu setup..

always consider other planet hunting too..

Last edited:
I'm not trying to make profit

There's the problem:laugh:

You should try to make a profit. It won't always work out - and that's fine - but making a profit isn't a bad thing.

You won't make a profit from MA. You can make a profit by supplying materials other people are looking for. People here are assumed to be adults, and they can make their own decisions, don't feel bad for profiting! By agreeing to buy a given product, it's can be assumed they're better off by having it than the PED they gave up.

That means searching for MU.

If I were come up with a plan for you it would look like:

In general:
A) Commit to not depositing for 6 months. It is not hard to profit, but it takes a different mentality.

B) Set up a nice excel spreadsheet where you track your hunts. Each tab would be for a different mob type. This would track your TT & MU for Offence, Defense, and Loot.

C) Accept that you are approaching EU in a different way. You'll want to start over from the basics. It will be dull at first, but once you start to get the hang of things, you'll change your definition of "winning" and it will get very fun.

Specifically:
1)Put every thing (Including PED) except for 300 PED, an S.I. Heart, cloths, a quad, a TP chip & ME ,and a full TT UL Viper whip into Calypso storage, (or sell it). Owning CLDs / AUD are ok, but don't transfer the PED.

2) Get a skill scanner account and record the current TT value of all your skills

3) Go to RockTropia and cycle 2 viper whips on the 10 HP Vixens*. This will be be 400 PED TT, or about 120,000 HP. That would be around 12,000 vixens I think. Record the results, every time you put loot into storage.

4) Sell the loot from the 12,000 vixens. Sell 1/2 of the TT value of the skills you gained on the vixens.

5) Find another mob that you think looks like the loot will have over 115% MU on average, and that you will have enough PED, (after the vixen sales are final) to be able to kill 10,000 of. This will take some research, and talking with people. If you cannot find anything, within your PED range, repeat on the Vixens untill you've profited enough to move on.

6) Kill 500 of the mob you looked at in #5, with appropriate gear, and record the results. If the MU isn't over 115%, repeat steps 5&6. Ignore the TT return for this sample.

7) Once you've found a mob that qualifies for the 115% MU, and you have the PED on hand to kill 10,000 of them, Grind it out: Repeat steps 2-7.

8) For every batch of 10,000 mobs cycled (From the 3rd set on), figure out how much you've profited from it and withdraw an equal amount from storage, or deposit it. If you lost PED, you make a mistake - you don't get to add anything to your bank-role! Find a different mob, and don't deposit or withdraw from storage until you've profited.

--------

This may seem like it's way under your skill level - and it is. The point would be to re-train yourself to be looking for, and expecting, opportunities to profit. Your skills will help you. You will have much lower defense costs, and you will more mobs to choose from.

As you climb the ladder of mobs you should, fairly soon, get back to hunting things at a level that you are now, but you'll make your choices differently.

EDIT: There is a difference in just playing EU, and playing EU with the target of profiting. Profiting is much more challenging, and I think fun. You already know how to play at a high level, but are you ready to step up the difficulty and profit while playing?

*I don't know for sure that these drop the gears. If not, there are other profitable low level mobs.

Last edited:
Your repsonse sounds like your mad at me for posting this thread or something.

I'm not mad at you, I just want to make sure you heard me. I want to avoid you quitting. I hope I have succeeded.

As to puny, try it, its a lot of fun - especially at the moment with random Boorum and Giant Pumpkin attacks livening it up.

:handgun:

Depo 2K-3K...

do 1K runs on Prots & Levi!... hope for HoFs! :ahh:

It is not reasonable to keep ul stuff with high markup if you can't make a sum of peds last. There is the obvious point to start.

Then, focus on defense expenses. Thou are not allowed to have more than 2,5-3% def vs. cost of run. Period.

That's not recipe of profit. That's recipe of controlling expenses. Then you go and try mobs, f*k knows where.

Don't scale down to daikiba, is ridiculous. But you could do the vixen suggestion for practice.

Then get the habit of establishing the budget as: x cost/run (ammo, amp, gun decay) + no more than 2,5-3% as said above/run for armour and fap. Then 4-5x buffer.

Then depending on what x you can afford, make a list of mobs which you can kill in decent numbers, 100/run for example in above conditions. Then click and good luck. With a bit of tracking, you'll get alone the gut feeling of what can keep you afloat and what's ped sink, markupwise.

Back