Society
Dark Templar
Atami Tami Atemi
Mr. & Mrs. Atami proudly present

LA51 - MERPS GROW UP
** SUPPORTS YOUR BRONZE MISSION **

MATURITY LEVEL 4, MAX DENSITY

An area for rapid Explosive, Mindforce & Defensive skilling

You want to complete the merp iron AND bronze mission ?
Want to go to an easily accessible area ?
Need better loot on merps ?

Still want to skill explosives, mindforce and defensive skills at a fast rate

We bring you the solution !

merp2.gif

Current setting (17/07/2011) is 6 DNA set to Maturity level 4

Settings effective as of 17/07/2011 until 31/08/2011

Based on your feedback we will add more DNA on medium setting.
With bigger merps we want to avoid to high swarms using less DNA,
but we can increase to 6 DNA ofc.

All constructive feedback is welcome here or in PM !

The support for Bronze missions is set for this summer period (until end of August) to start with.
Depending on the success & need for people to have this setting, this period can be extended upon request.

As mentioned, with your feedback, the settings will be further optimized.

Enjoy !!

Atami

Oooh ... and while I am writing here ...

Don't forget to visit LA54 for medium proteron if you like to loot ESI's be in nr1 in the ATH some day,
At Atami's Paradise TP you will find fun on LA52 for iron & bronze molisk missions
And of course don't forget a Mobfree mining run on LA45 with loads of good stuff in the ground

Last edited:
Looks like im going to have to find a new merp la, as im here purely for youngs for skilling needs, have no use for anything above young.

Shame really as this one is a nice size and had a good supply of youngs.

edit:

Hm other i was aware of doesnt have the max number that i liked here, which sucks even more

Last edited:
Dont know if there are any other bronze area out there so maybe its good with a bronze area, just to bad i have 7k left on my iron mission on them, anyone know an other LA with youngs only?

Dont know if there are any other bronze area out there so maybe its good with a bronze area, just to bad i have 7k left on my iron mission on them, anyone know an other LA with youngs only?

Young willl l normally be back after the summer, so you are welcome to come back to my LA for young only then.
Of course, if you did plan to do the 7K right now then you can go to another LA. Or if you don't mind bigger maturity with perhaps less overkill and better look in the end you can take up the little bigger ones for iron too.

Meanwhile I'll attack the bronze myself too, as many other could based on the requests I got.
I'm sorry I can't please everyone at the same time but I'm doing my best :)

Cheerz & gl !

Atami

A handy change, I was wondering where to do Bronze.

Thank you and enjoy !
If you have any further recommendations on the number of DNA, just let me know
(PM me to make sure I don't miss it ;))

Atami

Oh, yay! :yay: I have been waiting for this since I completed the iron mission :D

Oh, yay! :yay: I have been waiting for this since I completed the iron mission :D

Settings are just updated today an hour or 2 ago, so it take a little time for the merps to grow ;)
If needed I'll start adding DNA 4 and more to level 4 in the next days.

Keep me posted !

Atami

Status Scouting - 17/07/2011 ... 19:18

Still a lot of young who need to be cleaned up, which I will try to do soon myself too.
So at this point in time, the "growing" is still in progress.

Feel free to help to clean it ;)

fyi,

Atami

PS : Thx to N8 to scout the area

I saved up explosives for a while and was going to finish the iron mission now but i guess i can sell the ammo and do it later sometime, but if your going to have a bronze area make sure there are no left of the lower maturity then, i was going to do argo bronze at Qetesh area erlier but i left the area because of all adults and youngs at the "bronze" area.

To be fair, i think this is a bit of a selfish change, as everyone knows that the main reason people hunt merps is for skilling, all missions will bring to the area are a few people who complete the bronze mission and dont really come back again. The people who kill merp young for skilling stay around for the long term providing a constant stream of income for the business, so in a way this is kind of scewing your regular customers over imo.

Doesnt appear to me to be a wise business move.

Can only hope skalman pumps 53 back up to max density or someone else makes a merp one i guess.

To be fair, i think this is a bit of a selfish change, as everyone knows that the main reason people hunt merps is for skilling, all missions will bring to the area are a few people who complete the bronze mission and dont really come back again. The people who kill merp young for skilling stay around for the long term providing a constant stream of income for the business, so in a way this is kind of scewing your regular customers over imo.

Doesnt appear to me to be a wise business move.

Can only hope skalman pumps 53 back up to max density or someone else makes a merp one i guess.

I appreciate your feedback & understand your personal feelings.
If you wish to discuss the business reasons in more detail, please find me in game or contact me in PM.

Any further constructive feedback on how to optimize the new settings for the new summer goal are still welcome here. As a reference, please find a table of the HP impact on merp

0 Young : 50
1 Mature : 70
2 Old : 90
3 Provider : 120
4 Guardian : 150
... (source entropedia)

So the impact on the mob is minor.

This remains a 1,5 month trial (based on several requests in the last months) where the first days will be a trial on settings and unfortunately not optimal yet for everyone. Depending on the outcome in the next weeks and the feedback of customers like yourself, a final decision will be taken using the input of the community.

People are in charge of the succes of these type of decisions, which were requested since months now.
Therefor I do listen to every word you mention and your feedback is taken into consideration for future use.

Thanks for your time & I invite you to discuss this with me in game,

Atami

Looks like im going to have to find a new merp la, as im here purely for youngs for skilling needs, have no use for anything above young.

Shame really as this one is a nice size and had a good supply of youngs.

edit:

Hm other i was aware of doesnt have the max number that i liked here, which sucks even more

Same here. I used this LA for Iron mission and skilling. I won't hunt higher mat Merp for Iron than I have too so it looks like The Merp Iron has come to a close for me...

Sounds good, I will certainly visit to hunt this temporary spawn (bolded the word temporary since some people don't seem to get it).

Great! was waiting for like 4 Months or even more to see a land whit them.
Count on me after i finish my 100 Chomper globals :) hope u dont change ur mind and set to lvl1 befor september.

GL,
mczimi

Thx all for the positive feedback & thx to Oleg for indeed pointing out the temporary change.

Status update 18/7/2011 8:29 MA time

- 3 DNA with YOUNG removed to accelerate the change to medium size, change to be noticed within the hour
- Additional DNA will be added if the spawn is to long with 3 DNA

Cheerz,

Atami

Sounds good, I will certainly visit to hunt this temporary spawn (bolded the word temporary since some people don't seem to get it).

I get it but i have the feeling that the overall maturity will be a bit higher later on. I once used to grind on the Molisk LA and the maturity was young-scout. Now however, there are way too many gatherers, guardians and so on to make the iron missions eco. Hence my skepticism about the maturity of merps returning to the current level.

Nice. I might have to interrupt my mining holiday for this.

Good idea. Thanks for the change.

It is time to do the Bronze Challenge now.

Did a ~ 100 ped ammo test hunt late last night, it was fun. Might have killed about as much young / mature as the older ones but it was not really a problem.

Did a ~ 100 ped ammo test hunt late last night, it was fun. Might have killed about as much young / mature as the older ones but it was not really a problem.

ok nice, should be even better now as the young should be extinct now.
I have DNA ready to add a bigger spawn if necessary.

Atami

ok nice, should be even better now as the young should be extinct now.

Just back from a run around. Got the Bronze from 0 to 200, but unfortunately also had to kill about 300 Youngs/Matures. Hopefully it's just a case of wiping them out.

Just back from a run around. Got the Bronze from 0 to 200, but unfortunately also had to kill about 300 Youngs/Matures. Hopefully it's just a case of wiping them out.

Yes, did the same thing trying to wipe out the young.
Some other did like 600 already and said it was fine ... but I agree there are to many young, so changes have been applied today (active within the hour).

Update 19/07/2011 - 07:58

There were 3 DNA set for extermination but it seems to be rather slow before they would.
Today I added another DNA to level 4 so now we have :

4 DNA with level 4 MATURITY, MAX DENSITY
2 DNA set for extermination

Should be improved

Atami

Yes, did the same thing trying to wipe out the young.
Some other did like 600 already and said it was fine ... but I agree there are to many young, so changes have been applied today (active within the hour).

Update 19/07/2011 - 07:58

There were 3 DNA set for extermination but it seems to be rather slow before they would.
Today I added another DNA to level 4 so now we have :

4 DNA with level 4 MATURITY, MAX DENSITY
2 DNA set for extermination

Should be improved

Atami

So... you have STALKERS now? Max Density would suggest this... if you do I'll probably visit this land area to do my mission on them. I haven't started this shit mission though because I don't like hunting little no loot mobs for iron missions, having stalkers really helps me hunt them to minimize loot loss.

~Danimal

Awesome change...thanks I can now begin bronze

Went back for another little run today. Better, but still I'd say over 1 in 3 kills are Young/Mature. Personally I'd suggest 6 DNA at Maturity 4 and max density.

Went back for another little run today. Better, but still I'd say over 1 in 3 kills are Young/Mature. Personally I'd suggest 6 DNA at Maturity 4 and max density.

Status update 20/07 : 08:25 MA

All 6 DNA have been set to level 4, so no more young overhead.
(effect within the hour)

Enjoy !

Atami

Maturity Reference list :

0 young
1 mature
2 old
3 provider
4 guardian
5 dominant
6 alpha
7 old alpha
8 prowler
9 stalker

So the range is from provider to dominant, you can't set it to a specific maturity, it spawns "around" that level.

Cheerz,

Atami

Status
Back