Attracting new users

Yes, I agree and I would own all the bps. Still you agree that the game needs more players, since living in Monaco is not an option for most of us.

The answer? More Youtube videos like PigBenis who made the game look what it can be: fun.

Also, more investment from MA in said videos and social media, not more useless unpopulated planets.
I'm going to slap myself later for this but, I have to agree with this statement and Truant's as well. Not dead and not close to it as well.

Time for my summer vacation, which involves outside activities. You'll find a good portion of players will be MIA or be visible on a sparse basis from now until the snow flies. The same thing every summer.

NI has 9 pages?! Damn that's awesome! :yay:

P.S. Where's my mod fap?! ;)

kk ... probably Entropia Universe will survive and vegetate for several more years. But it's inadvisable for new players. Or let's say it in another way: Someone has to pay for the profit (or benefit) of some old players like Rei, Stryker, Star and others.

P.S. Oh well ... even my sister profited from this system. But it is wrong. You may think about it different when you know that she gave a Medusa's head apartment to someone she loves but never met before as a goodby present - lol - I hate her for that!

Last edited:
kk ... probably Entropia Universe will survive and vegetate for several more years. But it's inadvisable for new players. Or let's say it in another way: Someone has to pay for the profit (or benefit) of some old players like Rei, Stryker, Star and others.

Ubers are not the problem, they kept this game alive hoping for more than they really got. Stryker is one example.

What would help is a decent population. One who accepts a concept MA touted and then forgot to promote, a free economic online environment.

Don't blame the gamers, but the game makers.

Ubers are not the problem, they kept this game alive hoping for more than they really got. Stryker is one example.

What would help is a decent population. One who accepts a concept MA touted and then forgot to promote, a free economic online environment.

Don't blame the gamers, but the game makers.

I DO blame the game makers for destroying a good online place, not the gamers. And I say: Don't advertise for this game anymore!

I DO blame the game makers for destroying a good online place, not the gamers. And I say: Don't advertise for this game anymore!

Then don't discuss the future of the game Kristin. I do not say quit. I say, hope that others have hope.

Imagine, for a moment, we had 1 million players ( which is perfectly possible ) and you had an account.

You would enjoy your time much cheaper and the concept would grow.

It is not really about you and me, but the future of online gaming.

The main point is: a good game speaks for itself. No need to ask customers to advertise. Rei asked for exactly this. Why? To keep a cadaver alive? It's called "Zombie", isn't it?

The main point is: a good game speaks for itself. No need to ask customers to advertise. Rei asked for exactly this. Why? To keep a cadaver alive? It's called "Zombie", isn't it?

No, a good concept needs to work to keep it alive. A good game? I could call out many crappy games that idiots play (wow) and make sense, but I think we have to look back to the op, a old hand at this game who loves this game and deserves respect. The concept.. the idea. It is sound but not playing out.

Try to imagine yourself as a 21st Century gamer in an ideal world.... I think this is the OP's position. And mine.

Then don't discuss the future of the game Kristin. I do not say quit. I say, hope that others have hope.

Imagine, for a moment, we had 1 million players ( which is perfectly possible ) and you had an account.

You would enjoy your time much cheaper and the concept would grow.

It is not really about you and me, but the future of online gaming.

I quitted already ;-) But after more than 7 years PE/EU experiance I may drop a word about it. How long did you participate, Peezle? 1 million players? lol

I quitted already ;-) But after more than 7 years PE/EU experiance I may drop a word about it. How long did you participate, Peezle? 1 million players? lol

At what point did you quit? when you lost peds? lol #1

When you lost respect as a player and gamer #2?

And the list goes on... you simply lost it.

The OP has objectives I share, to increase the population of this game and make it vibrant. if you do not even play any longer, why the hell do you exist... return to fuckbook.

pre-Peezle I guess. And additional I assume Rei wasn't there that much. (Not sure about though ...)

Well, it is about advertising new fresh flesh. It would be okay if the new players are told that they have to pay for old players benefit and they won't be able to reach old players status. How hard they would try. No chance.

Last edited:
pre-Peezle I guess. And additional I assume Rei wasn't there that much. (Not sure about though ...)

Did you ever play Eurotruck driver?

Did you ever think for one minute other people think this game is perfect and you are the only one with objections?

Did you ever imagine you are a joke, when the OP asked a simple question and you think your stupid answers work for us... at all?

Go back to school and leave us be.

Well, it is about advertising new fresh flesh. It would be okay if the new players are told that they have to pay for old players benefit and they won't be able to reach old players status. How hard they would try. No chance.

Wut

Some of us started in 2002.. I've seen more change than most, and I agree with Rei when he says the amount of people who've said "dead tomorrow" is ridiculous.

The most frustrating thing for me is than in 12 years it's been a game which has always be SO CLOSE but never quite there. I wish they would just pull their fingers out and fix what is blindingly obviously wrong.

The most frustrating thing for me is than in 12 years it's been a game which has always be SO CLOSE but never quite there. I wish they would just pull their fingers out and fix what is blindingly obviously wrong.

And then, listen to the OP.

We all agree on this.

Answer the OP.

What do you think is required?

i must be delirious,i actually not only understand all the posts peezle made in this thread but i agree with them as well :eyecrazy:

Wut

Some of us started in 2002.. I've seen more change than most, and I agree with Rei when he says the amount of people who've said "dead tomorrow" is ridiculous.

Well, I am a bloody noob compared to you. And yes, probably this game will exist for 10 more years. But I agree 100% with you: "I wish they would just pull their fingers out and fix what is blindingly obviously wrong."

i must be delirious,i actually not only understand all the posts peezle made in this thread but i agree with them as well :eyecrazy:

Well Fluske and you being a lot better player than me:p

So what do you think our OP is asking? what do we need to do to improve things?

The name of your partner ingame is written wrong, like your posts mostly. After so much years you should be able to perform better English.

The name of your partner ingame is written wrong, like your posts mostly. After so much years you should be able to perform better English.

Remember this person has left.

He is just spamming our real desire for change.

Also it is Ok to understand me... I do it too sometimes.

PS I am born and bred in England.

My English is perfect.

Last edited:
Well Fluske and you being a lot better player than me:p

So what do you think our OP is asking? what do we need to do to improve things?

what we should do is stop being so negative on the fora,its scaring away potential new players

what ma should do is improve game stability,and make the interface/controls more easy
a stable game that runs smoothly is much more appealing then say fantastic graphics but bad stability

im also pretty sure most players would like ma to stabilize game/fix bugs before they introduce yet another feature or graphics update

what we should do is stop being so negative on the fora,its scaring away potential new players

what ma should do is improve game stability,and make the interface/controls more easy
a stable game that runs smoothly is much more appealing then say fantastic graphics but bad stability

im also pretty sure most players would like ma to stabilize game/fix bugs before they introduce yet another feature or graphics update

When I say I got several 12000 ped hits is not a negative.

It is just I forgot to record it.

That is the point.

What is scaring away new players is the simple lack of information that this game even exists.

RIGHT!
1. fix bugs!
2. make it more easy ... or even more sexy if you want.

(3. game stability is a problem of folks who don't own serious machines and software. Shouldn't be a prior point at the priority list.)

4. Just to go back to Rei's intention:

I recently invited a new friend and active gamer to play EU via Planet Calypso.

I explained to him how the game worked and how I had found success here, and by the time he got home to his computer he was super excited to play.

This is a paraphrase of his experience after finally installing and downloading...

1) He had several timeouts trying to log in.

2) "The title screen is all pixelated with a white stripe on the left side. I hope the actual game has more polish than this crap" I remember him saying that clearly.

3) He really struggled with the interface In so many ways. He was confused by the message center and the action library being different. He wanted to move those buttons around. He had numerous complaints about the interface, chat, and actions. I struggle to recall and recount them all. Suffice to say, he felt overwhelmed by all the different ways in which the interface works inconsistently.

4) He CTD'd several times, and even BSOD'd. That could be his system, but he plays many other games and claims not to have had any stability issues recently. I don't know.

5) he gave up, extremely frustrated. Angry even. Pissed at me for suggesting he play this game.

All of this occurred with assistance from me, an experienced player talking him through the process over teamspeak.

That's all true. Other gamers lough about this game. Me and my sister Jamira have been here since nearly nine years. We enjoyed it and Jamira did a lot for this game (the Monria apartments are her creation ... something creative against stupid users who don't do nothing to push it up like Rei and fluske, Jamira was member of Cat's "Battle Royale" team and one of the major judges in WoF for all the 5 years WoF happened). We did a lot more, but MA isn't able to learn. And you guys didn't do that much during the past. You better shut up.

And @Rei/Aio ... just tell me what you did for the game.

Last edited:
Realy to answer this prety easy!!

First : stop ma be greeder and back return to 90% none like lost 100 usd / h
Second : Stop fuck UL and Large Sum investment none like this
Third : People deserve know whats your damm skills do , why i going spend thousands on it if i dont know effect? (except for evade/dodge so obivius)

All others thing economy self balance And I sure to you last year entropia has growing but this year going down so fast

About return i think bit fairy crafter near 95% and hunt/mining at 90%(less if guy mine/hunt taxed)
Since crafters its ver fews , very hard to skilling , very hard to profit , very hard to get BP(its why not have much crafters this days)

Kristin, if you dislike EU so much then why are you here?

Oh wait...

I quitted already ;-)

Then why are you posting so much lately? If you quit... who cares, move on.

Back on topic:

I think we all have ideas on how we think EU should be. That will never change.

I do agree that things need to be addressed in order to increase new-player player retention. Graphics and fancy terrain is not the answer.

• We need to have a more streamlined user interface.
  • More time needs to be spent on fixing bugs and fulfilling promises made to the community.
  • The mentor system needs to have better incentives for mentors, not junk that we dont want.
  • There should be a simple mission chain that on each planet that guides players to get all TP locations one by one.
  • The Port Atlantis side of Calypso needs to have more things for new players to do including a couple more noob oil rigs, instances of various kinds, etc
  • Server stability issues need to be addressed
  • Continuous advertising needs to be taking place in order to maintain a certain excitement and activity level
  • The society system in game needs to be updated to support the multi-society format for groups like BAHQ, NBK, and others.
  • Players who want to hold events need to have the proper tools available to them including a way to more easily advertise their events in-game.
  • ALL land area owners need to be treated as partners, address their needs, make sure mission chains are available for their mobs, and provide them with the tools needed promote their land areas. After all, they "own" a part of the planet and they have a vested interest in promoting the place.

Last edited:
[*]The Port Atlantis side of Calypso needs to have more things for new players to do .....
[/LIST]

I'm in EU a year or so and just a month ago I deside to visit Calypso and do the Gateway.
Then I started most of the "new player" missions and after a couple days I left and I will come back in a later date again.
I ended with 60-70 missions completed!
So guys
Before you post something check what you referred to!!!!

How many more things????? you need?
I have friends that are close to 200 missions and they just finished the starting ones
Please post truth facts here and not from your imagination/impression

P.S. I'm reading a lot of this forum threads lately and i'm coming to the conclusion that many ppl just ..."playing" EU in this forum mostly and not in the "real game".

Last edited:
I'm in EU a year or so and just a month ago I deside to visit Calypso and do the Gateway.
After this I started most of the "new player" missions and after a couple days I left and I will come back in a later date again.
I ended with 60-70 missions completed!
So guys
Before you post something check what you referred to!!!!

How many more things????? you need?
I have friends that are close to 200 missions and they just finished the starting ones
Please post truth facts here and not from your imagination/impression

Missions aren't for everyone and somehow they now play a dominant role in game play.

Grind grind grind

Not everyone likes that... I have had new players quit because they said the game was too "Grindy"

I updated my post to be more specific in what I meant.

There needs to be drama, new players need to be entertained. They dont always get the RCE concept right away.

Missions aren't for everyone and somehow they now play a dominant role in game play.

Grind grind grind

Not everyone likes that... I have had new players quit because they said the game was too "Grindy"

I updated my post to be more specific in what I meant.

There needs to be drama, new players need to be entertained. They dont always get the RCE concept right away.

those missions I mentioned are from "free" to few pecs/PED's each
if someone can't do those then he/she plays wrong MMO
You referred to this game? Entropia Universe? RCE MMO?
or to something else?
I realy can't follow
sorry I'm to dum for you:confused:

those missions I mentioned are from "free" to few pecs/PED's each
if someone can't do those then he/she plays wrong MMO
You referred to this game? Entropia Universe? RCE MMO?
or to something else?
I realy can't follow
sorry I'm to dum for you:confused:

Relax.

Hes name is "Exaybachay" - He Who Talks Loud, Saying Nothing.

This thread just attracts whiners :D

I will give you example from TES Online -

- Wanted to try out the game, the installer instructions tells you it needs 40 GBs.
- I have only something around 70 GBs SSD drives, so I cleaned up well over 50 GBs and proceed with install.
- My internet line is slow, and there is no way to pause or re-assume the download.
- After I managed to download 40 GBs with portion of luck of no interruption (took night and working day and pissed girlfriend as she could not use the internet) I proceed to install, to my surprise it started unpacking those 40 GBs and quickly it run out of space and gave me the error message.
- Now the best part, you close the error message and guess what? The game wiped the installer and started to download 40 GBs again :)
- All this from a gigantic development studio with 10 times more money behind then MindArk
- Did I ever had similar problem with installing EU? No way!!! I can even stagger the download and download just parts and I can anytime reassume!

So just stop telling how EU is bad, there are ten time worse games with ten time more budget then MA has.

HERE HERE - I have to agree - wish everyone would quit whining about the only online game actually worth playing. How angry would all you complainers be if MA switched the servers off tomorrow and there would be no EU

Back