ATTRIBUTES mean NOTHING

Attributes mean nothing ?

We are not guilty that attributes do not have apropriate effects.
MA made it as that and MA need to change it and give to attributes more power or to remove attributes if they are so worthless.

Exchanging attribute gain with market dependent skill reward mean that we will not be able to predict value of reward. Skill price can change durring irron mission.
On long run skill market will crash devaluated with owersupply of massive skills gained as rewards on iron missions making avatars worth less and less.

What will be real value of iron mission reward as skill gain after MU on skills crash?

it will be easier to get skills instead of attributes that barely do anything.

Im afraid that skills value will be barely worth anything after a while with newly annunced iron mission system and its rewards.

Part of value of attributes consist in fact that nobody can chip in.
Value of attribute reward is constant and independent of mark up and market trends.

Last edited:
For Professions and gameplay attributes contribute more than ever before, mainly because of more carryable weight and its easier to get them know --> more health and impact on professions from them.

But the old function to show the efford of one person is inflationated a bit now.

Since when does a noob have 75 agility and medium health ?

Since 3x skill event earliest / since missions with skill reward latest i had guess.

* Doh, wrong thread *

Here

Last edited:
Noone has mentioned the biggest gain from attributes:

The higher the attribute the quicker you gain skills

This was tested late 2010

Rgds

Ace

What a load of overreactive crap. He didn't say attributes mean nothing, you made that up on your own. I have to agree with Mack, sensationalist overreactions will just prove to MA that they shouldn't be posting info on the forums.

What a load of overreactive crap. He didn't say attributes mean nothing, you made that up on your own.

Quote below, it is located at the bottom of the OP but was missing part of the quote brakets.

...it will be easier to get skills instead of attributes that barely do anything.

I mean, technically you are correct, Karmic.
Charlie/Calypso/MA did NOT plainly state that attributes mean NOTHING.

However, in my opinion "barely anything" is hardly a positive outlook on attributes, regardless of whether it was intended as a stand alone statement or an implied comparison to skills (as some other folks believe was the case of the statement).

It is also quite possible that the folks who design/run this game have a completely different perspective on the skill system then we players do.

They say something based on how they perceive things, forgetting for a moment what most players believe.

Y'think it's possible?

Maybe?

Can you explain me why you think that a Daikiba young cannot give more loot then a stronger mob?

You know how many ppl hunt Daikiba and cycle peds on them? So it is only normal that a Daikiba will HOF now and then.

and I even saw Puny's HOF...

Try to single-handedly kill a "let say" Osse provider and a Daikiba young then you will notice some difference that you are up ​for completely different requirements.
I think that says it all.

if the attributes are not so important then why do they make it harder for us to achieve?

They say that the skill will be of more use to us than atributes, why do they want to give us skills over attributes?

Just seems rather strange to me, i guess the attributes are more important than they are letting on

I totally agree
Attributes mean nothing ?

We are not guilty that attributes do not have apropriate effects.
MA made it as that and MA need to change it and give to attributes more power or to remove attributes if they are so worthless.

Exchanging attribute gain with market dependent skill reward mean that we will not be able to predict value of reward. Skill price can change durring irron mission.
On long run skill market will crash devaluated with owersupply of massive skills gained as rewards on iron missions making avatars worth less and less.

What will be real value of iron mission reward as skill gain after MU on skills crash?

Im afraid that skills value will be barely worth anything after a while with newly annunced iron mission system and its rewards.

Part of value of attributes consist in fact that nobody can chip in.
Value of attribute reward is constant and independent of mark up and market trends.

And i couldnt agree more.

Why do they mind that much with atributes?
They nerfed many missions already, atributes that wont be able to be get to players anymore.

Skill on rewards will screw even more the fragile market we got atm

Try to single-handedly kill a "let say" Osse provider and a Daikiba young then you will notice some difference that you are up ​for completely different requirements.
I think that says it all.

Ofcourse and that is why a Daikiba only HOF's rarely and Osse frequently but that don't mean a Daikiba should not give a HOF at all.

It is also quite possible that the folks who design/run this game have a completely different perspective on the skill system then we players do.

They say something based on how they perceive things, forgetting for a moment what most players believe.

Y'think it's possible?

Maybe?

Its also possible that somebody who has played since 2003 - like Charlie said he had - has a different take on attributes than those of us who have been around for much shorter time. One where he has enough, and does not need more. While for me, for example, having 20 kg extra carry weight would be a very big thing.

Back