FYI: Autofire works badly

So I'll be offline for a while, no need to spend decay. That's the only thing they understand I guess.

I seriously hope this can the resolved prior to Saturday @ 1800 MA Time... there will be some rather serious hunters chasing the WoF Championship.

EDIT: Did not mean to sound selfish there... this should be fixed soon regardless. But it will certainly affect WoF as well as all other activities that require a "re-load".

Last edited:
Confirmed and support case send. ;)

Moslty I play in 3rd person, however hardly use auto aim. Set my 'Z' key to switching between 1st and 3rd person view. So I can move fast into 1st person
if I need to adjust, but mostly manual aiming works fine in 3rd person for me.

This is such a pain.
Also, if you equip an item and try to shoot with it using the keyboard, the gun won't shoot at all, or at best very slowly. (i.e. My Opalo SGA is bound to #6, I can equip by pressing #6, but if I press #6 to shoot, it doesn't work. If that makes sense.)
Gets really annoying when taking mobs that take a while to get the health down on, cause you gotta manually click to get anywhere near the eco I used to.

All I can say is that I won't be depositing till I feel things get back to the way they should be and these rediculous bugs are fixed.

I'm thinking...

... that this is a feature, not a bug.

As in: this is how it's supposed to be working for the moment.

Pardon me if I am repeating someone else's post, but basically the advertised change in the system is that angular momentum causes problems for auto-aiming... And the closer the creature is the greater it's "side-to-side" movement might appear (depending on it's size).

So, what this means is that high-aggression animals who attack quickly at close range with lunging movements just became much, much, much harder to shoot at with "auto-aim and fire" which is waiting for a steady shot.

And in fact the auto-aim system now may actually just give up on some of these.

While this really does suck for those of us used to hunting in 3rd-person mode, I also can't see them treating this as a "bug" to be fixed when it's actually by design.

We can certainly question the wisdom of it, and debate whether the system is now "fair" if you like between Crafters on auto-click and miners on auto-click (since now hunter auto-clicks can be interrupted, and their rates of skill gain etc may all drop) but presumably there is some reason for the change.

Cynics may believe that it's "Let's make things harder for these guys"
Purists may believe that it's "Let's make things more realistic"

And of course there will be a bazillion other opinions, but if it's not a bug, then either the feature needs to be campaigned to be modified/rolled back, or the feature needs to be adapted to and played with.

YES, this changes the entire "feel" and approach to hunting for everyone in this game. YES, it makes all sorts of things like tactics, actual aiming, and FPS skills far more important.

Whether or not that's what YOU want, is not a question I can answer.

Just bear in mind - MA may well not consider this a "bug" at all.

I hope like hell it is a bug, cause if not I guess i have to give up hunting. That sux cause that is one of the best parts of the game. I understand that 1st person you can still fire fast but I can't stand using 1st person so if it is gone i will play for a while but don't think there is any reason for me to stick around.

Hope it gets fixed!

maybe they did something wrong so not only aiming but a also fireing got slower:rolleyes:

I heard from someone that someone did a network traffic scan to find out what was the cause of the lag (probably thinking something was wrong with his connection ;) ).
Apparently the auto aim now creates a lot of client server traffic. If you have more lag on your connection to the server (bigger ping time) the issue is more noticable.

:yay: SWEET! :yay:

Noob auto-aim in pvp = useless now!
I think most players do not mind that in PvP auto aim does not work any more. But as a hunter on mobs it sucks big time.

One would have thought that it was a simple coding like:

IF TARGET = AVATAR THEN AUTOAIM OFF
ELSE CONTINUE LIKE NORMAL

Try hunting a Tezlapod if you stand still it is almost impossible. Walking backwards solves it partially.

Pardon me if I am repeating someone else's post, but basically the advertised change in the system is that angular momentum causes problems for auto-aiming... And the closer the creature is the greater it's "side-to-side" movement might appear (depending on it's size).

Yeah but is was specifically meant to solve the issues in PvP not so against mobs. They never tested it that is sure. And due to the implementation the bigger your ping time is the worse it is to use auto aim.

And i am pretty sure no hunter asked for this to be changed. Only PvPers. It is just that there was done no good change analysis to see what effects the changes would have. They pissed of a lot of players. It still show we are in the Alpha test phase of the game.

Cheers
Siam

if you just turn of "move to target" and aim manually if fires like normal..

Tested and confirmed, unselecting the option "Move to tartget when interacting." restores the fire rate back to normal.
Tested it this morning, updated support case. ;)

So, what this means is that high-aggression animals who attack quickly at close range with lunging movements just became much, much, much harder to shoot at with "auto-aim and fire" which is waiting for a steady shot.

And in fact the auto-aim system now may actually just give up on some of these.

While this really does suck for those of us used to hunting in 3rd-person mode, I also can't see them treating this as a "bug" to be fixed when it's actually by design.

We can certainly question the wisdom of it, and debate whether the system is now "fair" if you like between Crafters on auto-click and miners on auto-click (since now hunter auto-clicks can be interrupted, and their rates of skill gain etc may all drop) but presumably there is some reason for the change.

Cynics may believe that it's "Let's make things harder for these guys"
Purists may believe that it's "Let's make things more realistic"

And of course there will be a bazillion other opinions, but if it's not a bug, then either the feature needs to be campaigned to be modified/rolled back, or the feature needs to be adapted to and played with.

YES, this changes the entire "feel" and approach to hunting for everyone in this game. YES, it makes all sorts of things like tactics, actual aiming, and FPS skills far more important.

Whether or not that's what YOU want, is not a question I can answer.

Just bear in mind - MA may well not consider this a "bug" at all.

No, it is definitely a bug. Marco asked people to file support cases about it. I'm pretty sure MA did not intend for people to no longer be able to hunt in third person with auto aim as it was a major feature that many people used.

What I think happened was, they tried to respond to the many complaints about pvp being too automated (thanks for that), but messed up the hunting in the process.

One would have thought that it was a simple coding like:

IF TARGET = AVATAR THEN AUTOAIM OFF
ELSE CONTINUE LIKE NORMAL

What I think they should do is just make it so you can't pull health bars off of avatars at all in pvp zones (still have team members), or click on avatars to fire.

No, it is definitely a bug. Marco asked people to file support cases about it. I'm pretty sure MA did not intend for people to no longer be able to hunt in third person with auto aim as it was a major feature that many people used.

What I think happened was, they tried to respond to the many complaints about pvp being too automated (thanks for that), but messed up the hunting in the process.

well, he did say that but doesnt have to mean its a bug, I sent my support case in, I understand pvp needs some improvement but not to the detrement of hunting. :mad:

also i have found it easier to cope with if you uncheck move to target when hunting, this lets you use keyboard to shootand you can even click on health bar, you do need to make sure you are within mob range tho of course.:)

Fixed in today` s mini VU. :)

* Adjusted the delay on Autoaim to only be enabled when aiming on other avatars (PvP), there is no delay on regular hunting.

Back