Autoscreen Software

Status
Mine takes one automatic screen, and then stops...very odd...the clipboard watcher does work however...

Mine takes one automatic screen, and then stops...very odd...the clipboard watcher does work however...

Ah, this is a known issue. It has been reported several times. Sometimes more globals are recorded, but that is depending on client side audio file caching. (if that makes sense ;))

Don't have xfire installed.
All I get is empty screens now with the date on them, sometimes they are white and sometimes black.
JPGs never worked for me, but PNGs did.
And real weird thing, from time to time it really does take a picture like it should.
Really dont mind the manual part in Vista, but having a real picture after taking a picture would be great :D

Don't have xfire installed.
All I get is empty screens now with the date on them, sometimes they are white and sometimes black.
JPGs never worked for me, but PNGs did.
And real weird thing, from time to time it really does take a picture like it should.
Really dont mind the manual part in Vista, but having a real picture after taking a picture would be great :D

You do start autoscreen as administrator?

Ah, this is a known issue. It has been reported several times. Sometimes more globals are recorded, but that is depending on client side audio file caching. (if that makes sense ;))

Any fix for this client side caching?

In addition to what Nika said, are the screenshots really random?
Could it be that they are triggered when you press PrintScreen (or an application puts a screen on the clipboard)?

You could try to switch off the "Integrate with printscreen (clipboard watcher)" option.

I'm using the right sounds, I tried it without that option, nothing.
And ya, its weird, totally random times. I've tried watching for a pattern, but theres not one I can find. :(

Anyways, sounds like xfire mite be evil and demonic, I'll try switching it off and see what happens. ;)

You do start autoscreen as administrator?

Nope, and since it worked for quite some time I do not intend to.
It is not installed on the system partition, there are full user rights to the folder and I could hardly see a reason to give it admin rights.
Worked like a breeze until the 04.04.08, after that it only took a pic once in a while (1 out of 10), all others are either white or black with the time in it.

hi in there,

Is it me or This VU 9.3 change its behavior so the wav file is just read One time (for first Hof or Glob) ans next read are from memory only ?

seems Autoscreen doesn't work anymore with this VU, only the first global is 'Autoscreened'

can you confirm this?
Thanks.

Any fix for this client side caching?

Nope, just some workarounds. Autoscreen depends on file access monitoring. If EU or the operating system are optimized it will no longer take auto screens unfortunately.

You could try restarting autoscreen after every global, if that doesn't work restart EU after every global, if that does not work reboot your computer after every global :D

Then again, it maybe worthwhile to just hit the prtscreen button if you see autoscreen does not autoscreen.

Nope, and since it worked for quite some time I do not intend to.
It is not installed on the system partition, there are full user rights to the folder and I could hardly see a reason to give it admin rights.
Worked like a breeze until the 04.04.08, after that it only took a pic once in a while (1 out of 10), all others are either white or black with the time in it.

hmm odd. Does the manual procedure work for you? (hit prtscreen)

hi in there,

Is it me or This VU 9.3 change its behavior so the wav file is just read One time (for first Hof or Glob) ans next read are from memory only ?

seems Autoscreen doesn't work anymore with this VU, only the first global is 'Autoscreened'

can you confirm this?
Thanks.

This is not related to this VU. As can be seen in other posts on this page it is a quite common problem from before the VU 9.3 application. I suggest you hit the prtscreen button every time you hit a global ;)

This is not related to this VU. As can be seen in other posts on this page it is a quite common problem from before the VU 9.3 application. I suggest you hit the prtscreen button every time you hit a global ;)

Thanks,

I might have read before posting , but as i've never notice it before, that was very (too:ahh:) easy to think that was VU related !

Thanks,

I might have read before posting , but as i've never notice it before, that was very (too:ahh:) easy to think that was VU related !

Haha, no worries ;)

how can i deinstall autoscreen? :(

It wont work with vista at my comp :(

nvm....it didnt show it in my setting...but now i can unsinstall it :)

It worked great before last VU, now it stops taking screenies after a few uses, and moreover, it completely freezes and won't even show the pop-up menu for the tray icon. Not sure if you changed something or MA did.

Oh, and i use it only for capturing from PrintScreen key, as i have sound turned off in the client loader anyway.

Nope, just some workarounds. Autoscreen depends on file access monitoring. If EU or the operating system are optimized it will no longer take auto screens unfortunately.

You could try restarting autoscreen after every global, if that doesn't work restart EU after every global, if that does not work reboot your computer after every global :D

Then again, it maybe worthwhile to just hit the prtscreen button if you see autoscreen does not autoscreen.

hmm odd. Does the manual procedure work for you? (hit prtscreen)

since the 04.04.08 the manual procedure stopped working (alt+prtscr), only got black or white pictures with the date in it (except for the occasional where it worked again)
After I got several errors concerning .NET I deinstalled it.
Hopefully there will be a Vista compatible version out some day

I also have the same problem that Wiz posted above--the program either freezes or just completely stops taking shots without notifiying me it quit.

This is really sad as I love the program and for some odd reason can't get the print screen button to work on my wireless keyboard no matter what.

Hope you can fix it soon :)

Got problems with autoscreen too.

It just stops taking screenshots.

The popup menu is still there, but shutdown dosn't seem to work then.

Tussi

I have problems too, it takes 1 screenshot and then freezes :(

mine doesnt take any screen shots i checked my folder where the pics are stored and last one was on the 05/05/08 something along those lines its was a shame i got my very first hofs 2 in a row yesterday in my 8 months playing my fist hofs ever and they were in mining and it didnt take screenies to saviour the moment to grab my hofs that i will remember for the rest of my life lol,

Is the person who made this software working on a fix or has responded or knows of an issue, would really like this to be working again.

Okay uninstalled and re installed autoscreen started as admin still no luck you lots still takes on pic and then crashed mine doesnt take jack any more could it be i upgraded to vista,

Now Is there a fix on the way as when i do print screen and paste into paint it shows a white screen and nothing else

Is the creator working on a fix any info updates workarounds fixes???? anything

Regards
The Crouching Tiger

I like playing in between my workload to relieve some stress. The autoscreen seems to intefere with the copyt and paste function of MS word/EXCEl/etc.

it would be nice to hear from the maker of this software even to say yes hes aware and hes working on a fix or even a no more fixes im done so were not waiting in vain

Please any reply from maker to let us know what hes doing about this issue

just a quick question

Does it work with Vista ? :confused:

I read here that some ppl are having problems with the software taking automatic screenshots.
Since MrSmith seems pretty inactive i dont think he would mind if i throw in a shameless plug here to tell you that the Eunalysis GlobalTracker has an autoscreen functionality too ;)

(discussion about it should be held in my own thread btw, https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s-official-thread-loot-analysis-platform.html)

Mines not working at all since may how do you you get it to work

Try turning off User Account Control and then apply the Autoscreen to the Print Screen button. I did that and since then its working just fine.

Hope it helps:)

Try turning off User Account Control and then apply the Autoscreen to the Print Screen button. I did that and since then its working just fine.

ahh uac k gonna try that but everytime it takes a screenie does it auto store it as its used to or do you have to bring up paint and save it manually

ahh uac k gonna try that but everytime it takes a screenie does it auto store it as its used to or do you have to bring up paint and save it manually

it autostores:)

UAC should never be turned off, it is there for a reason.
I rather not have any program taking globals than have less security on my system.
for events one can use FRAPS.

Status
Back