Book: Planet Calypso: Chronicles of the beginning

ALEXANDER

Elite
RO ALEX ALEXANDER
4f5b4da790e2cb9e7c5295836652abce.jpg

Note: This is a 3 year old piece of writing that I made when I was still a beginner in the English language, and thus does not reflect my current writing skills.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/240429/Planet-Calypso---Chronicles-of-the-beginning-pdf.html
or
http://www.starbase.se/external/Planet Calypso - Chronicles of the beginning.pdf
(right click -> save as)

And it's officially launched !
Thank you & sponsors

I would like to thank Baradur (EF.com username) for the cover he personally designed. I thank you again, it’s bloody awesome !

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/members/baradur.html
Best guy at doing what he does ;)

Thank you Jjmatrix for revising my book ! Typos suck ! :p

Thank you Atlas Haven Radio for shouting the book’s launch a couple of times ! Also thanks to DJs sapeian sap kilmore and RavenJade ! Great show put up on the last day on VU 9.4 !

www.atlashavenradio.com tune in at the best radio station on calypso !

Thank you ultimababe for the 15k EFD donation for the add campaign !

Last moments of VU 9.4 https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/eu-videos/159593-special-end-world-video.html

See you all in VU 10 !

Aww and I forgot... To be Continued... ;)

Last edited:
I have a copy :wtg:

This is the first Entropian bestseller that I know of :)
Congratz Alexander for pulling this off..

Now you all know what to do the next days untill CE2 is ready :D

Warm regards,
BB

Nice guess I have some reading to do :D

Very interesting :)

*Puts on read ing glasses*

Awsome m8,

Well done indeed :)

Sap.

Nice one kid ;)

Constructive Criticism ! Please read and tell what you felt about it !
It's my first book (still young hehe 17yo)

Constructive Criticism ! Please read and tell what you felt about it !
It's my first book (still young hehe 17yo)

I'll give my comment about it as soon as I read it ;)

Well, I don't have time to read it all, ATM, but I can tell you that I liked the Wof stories, to bad that you were not in main team, you could had more to tell then.

I see you didn't post any RL pictures after all :p

Well, I don't have time to read it all, ATM, but I can tell you that I liked the Wof stories, to bad that you were not in main team, you could had more to tell then.

I see you didn't post any RL pictures after all :p

well yea that would have messed up things a bit...

have read the first part of your book and it looks very promissing..
good read to do at work, gonna look if i ever finish it :D

Will make sure to read this as soon as I have the time to really sit down and enjoy it :)

You had to finish the chapter where I was present with you blowing my ass with a Korss. :laugh:

Very nice effort Alex ... I've read a couple of parts already, but will have to finish it when I have more time. It'll give people something else to do while waiting for our new Calypso. The graphics cover by Baradur is awesome as well. :thumbup:

So far so good, I had a peek (couldnt help myself) and I really like your style of writing. You asked for constructive criticzism so here's a few points. They're not a big deal but if you want me to nitpick, Ill nitpick ;)

- The type should have been Arial if you want people to read it on PC, or Times new roman if you want people to read it in printed version. Its a design matter I know, but its a subject of readability :)

- The story is pretty much you "looking back" to the Calypso story, and telling it to people who is somewhat "outside" the story, which is great because then people who are not entropians can also read and enjoy the fan fiction (and thus also maybe catch interest of Entropia ;)) I really like this style. What I think you can allow yourself to do though is become more aligned with the part, so to speak. If you lived in that world and would explain it to somoene who dont understand you might still use words and phrases that "you" concider normal and dont concider a necessity to explain. So you can go wild and creative with making technology up, with crazy names and all that goes with it. You've already done it a few times, such as "moluclar absorbsion unit" and "Hadron Collider", but you can go even crazier with it. :) Imagine explaining a computer to your grandma. Go flux capacitor crazy, its one of the great things with sci-fi. you can do pretty much anything you want to! :)

great cover but it has a fighter ship from battle star galatica in the graphics.. :eek:

What a great effort during downtime..maybe we should put it on the forum as a fuileeton and some artist can add the cartoon on top..:)

c we can all be creative if we aint playing:rolleyes:

A very good read! Well... I'm part of it :ahh:... so what else can I say :laugh:.

Seriously though, it's worth reading; at least two chapters are very promising.
Keep it up man, and big gratz!!!

Waiting for comments ! What did you think about the book ? What do you liked that made you keep reading ? Did it made you asked yourself what will happen afterwords ?

I'm getting a crapload of errors about some embedded font that can't be loaded and all the images aren't showing.

I'm using Adobe Acrobat 8.0 Pro

I'm getting a crapload of errors about some embedded font that can't be loaded and all the images aren't showing.

I'm using Adobe Acrobat 8.0 Pro

That is pretty weird, since it is made in pro9 / and should be compatibel with reader 7 and up... did you opened it up on a mac? (should not make any diff. but your pro version might be looking for fonts.. and since these are TT fonts, it might cause a problem.. since mac and TT fonts don't go together very well)..

anyways, if you provide your email adres, I'll send you a diff version that should open. (in PM ofc)

:)

Really nice read. Some typos (fire your editor! :D) but overall nice story.

This has given me the impetus I need to sit down and write *my* EU fan fiction story... lol... only been working on the idea now for ~1year or more! I'll try not to step on your stories toes, and I'll probably be posting it chapter by chapter in a blog or something... don't know if I'll have the time to sit down & write it all up before we get swamped with all the OTHER story writers out there ;).

Again, good read. At least now we know whom to blame for the server crash... :laugh:

Edit - WOOT. 2k posts! Awesome... :D
I'm beginning to be a forum whore! :wtg:

Really nice read. Some typos (fire your editor! :D) but overall nice story.

This has given me the impetus I need to sit down and write *my* EU fan fiction story... lol... only been working on the idea now for ~1year or more! I'll try not to step on your stories toes, and I'll probably be posting it chapter by chapter in a blog or something... don't know if I'll have the time to sit down & write it all up before we get swamped with all the OTHER story writers out there ;).

Again, good read. At least now we know whom to blame for the server crash... :laugh:

Edit - WOOT. 2k posts! Awesome... :D
I'm beginning to be a forum whore! :wtg:

Well yea it's my fault the titan crashed into Calypso... or is it ?

we'll see ... in da' sequel !

Downloading it now, hopefully will have a chance to read it some time this week. By the sounds of the comments, it sounds a good read :)

great cover but it has a fighter ship from battle star galatica in the graphics.. :eek:

<geek>
There's also a Starfleet Yeager class from the DS9 series, shooting lasers from its warp nacelles. :eek:
</geek>

Back