Buzz Lightyear in the news in the UK :)

"Computer games writer Andrew Thomas stated on tgdaily.com that the Canadian had 'proved you can put a price tag on stupidity'."
:D

Hopefully Buzz recoups investment in under two years to show those pompus clueless asses what having a real pair between yer leggs is like.

Specially that twit with the "shows you can put a price on stupidity comment"

Prove em wrong Buzz and make em eat their words!.

That andrew guy has truly proved nothing but what an uninformed idiot he is.

Every other largescale, highly publicised investment on this platform has paid off (several times over), so I am sure the same will work for Buzz.

well they could had mentioned that you can both deposit and withdraw the PED, not just buy/sell stuff with it :rolleyes:

Every other largescale, highly publicised investment on this platform has paid off (several times over), so I am sure the same will work for Buzz.

The collective noun for "Bankers" is "wunch" - a wunch of bankers ;)

even if he recouped his investment in 7 years, hed still have done a damn site better than any of the investments that are seen as "a little risky" out there atm.

Hope you show the unbelievers hahahaha.

C

and i'm sure we'll all try and give him a hand in proving them all wrong like we did with Deathy and ND. Best of luck Buzz.

"Computer games writer Andrew Thomas stated on tgdaily.com that the Canadian had 'proved you can put a price tag on stupidity'."

Shame that there isn't a price tag Mr Thomas can put on ignorance.

Can anyone find the author's email, Ross McGuinness, so we can mail him.

He's the idiot and wouldn't hurt to let him know.

Can anyone find the author's email, Ross McGuinness, so we can mail him.

He's the idiot and wouldn't hurt to let him know.

Thats a idea I will look into it :):ahh:

Just be careful how you come across if you email the author ;) give the guy facts and dont abuse him, else he'll make another article saying how childish the community is and we all know noone is actually like that.

Well ok maybe some but not an accurate representation lol.

Im still trying to find that Andrew Thomas.

that canadian probably doesn't know the story behind NEVERDIE..
if he knew that i think he wouldn't have said it lol

best of luck to buzz!

Dam i spotted that too, you beat me to it :D

In response to "A virtual bargain - only £200,000 for a non-existent building"

Mail to Ross:

Your article titled "A virtual bargain - only £200,000 for a non-existent building" discussing the purchase of Crystal Palace leaves much to be desired.

From wikipedia:

On 14 December 2004, MindArk announced the conclusion of the first "Treasure Island Sale". This was a virtual island put up for auction. The winning bidder, an avatar named Zachurm "Deathifier" Emegen, paid 265,000 PED (US$26,500) for the island. At the time this was the highest price ever paid for a virtual item.

On 9 November 2005, the BBC reported that "Deathifier" had recouped his investment in under a year. He made money by selling virtual homes as well as taxing other gamers to hunt or mine on the island. "The money made to date is only a taste of what can be achieved with my virtual island purchase," said Deathifier.

On 24 October 2005, a virtual 'Asteroid Space Resort' was bought by Jon "Neverdie" Jacobs for a sum of 1,000,000 PED (US$100,000), greatly surpassing the sale of Treasure Island.

Jon Jacobs announced profits of $100,000 USD in August, 2006. The revenue was generated from hunting and mining taxes, and sales of virtual apartments and shops.​

After reading your article, you came off as being very uninformed. Hopefully, the information above has opened your eyes to how lucrative a purchase within Entropia can be. Perhaps you could edit the article now that you're somewhat enlightened, or at least do some research before you write something that makes you look so ignorant.

Just be careful how you come across if you email the author ;) give the guy facts and dont abuse him, else he'll make another article saying how childish the community is and we all know noone is actually like that.

Andrew "Ignoramus" Thomas available at:

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-en...tyear-pays-330000-for-imaginary-space-station

Let him have it guys 'n gals ;)

Last edited:

article here :
http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-en...tyear-pays-330000-for-imaginary-space-station

must read comment...
The article is very dumb , but comment are even dumber...

I do not carre if people critise EU and say bad stuff about EU or MA , as long as they know about what they speak...But people who say BS based on total assumption piss me...
What piss me the most , is the relative stupidy of agument like " put money in virtual stuff , that guy is idiot"...
It not more idiot than buying a canvas for M and M of $...its just piece of paper with paint on it..and most of time , i could have done same good job when i was 5 years old...when i see a guy make a white square on a white canvas , selling that piece of art M of $...why not buy what ever virtual stuff for same money...and what about that guy who did pay big money to go in space...or bruniem(speling) sultant , of just play to exploid real tank...

Go Buzz, go Buzz, don't make a fuzz, u-hu :yay:

:silly2:

well metro is not really a newspaper, so this Ross McGuinness is not really a journalist :D

From that article by Andrew Thomas:

"...a gamer has handed over real cash for a pretend spacecraft."

"Buzz Erik Lightyear is the delighted and possibly heavily sedated winner of an online auction held for the Crystal Palace Space Station"

"Novak's carer was unavailable for comment."

"In space no one can see you dribble"

Yet in the same article:

"This is the third 'major property opportunity' offered on Planet Calypso. The first auction, for Treasure Island, took place in 2004 and sold for a meager $26,500. Australian gamer David "Deathifier" Storey recouped his full investment within 12 months and has continued to make a profit."

Armed with the latter bit of information, the author has still made the statements that he did.

This article is an insult to Buzz and an insult to this community, as far as I'm concerned.

I'll say it again, what's the price tag for ignorance?

Last edited:
I do not carre if people critise EU and say bad stuff about EU or MA , as long as they know about what they speak...But people who say BS based on total assumption piss me...

Well, most of all whining about everything, Entropia or otherwise, comes from people who do not have adequate knowledge of the subject, or have some personal gain from making stuff up :wise:

well metro is not really a newspaper, so this Ross McGuinness is not really a journalist :D

Its the best newspaper in the uk ;)

Its free and you get it on the bus lmao :)

The game has been around since 2003 and still people treat it like something they never heard of... "Omg they spend money on virtual objects omg omg"

I get the feeling a large part of humanity was left behind in the 1900's. :laugh:

It's not ross you should be targeting but Mr Thomas. Ross is just writing an interesting article imho Ross has done an excellent job especially with the comment at end by mr thomas. That bit at teh end is what "spices" up the article. It got you guys talking about it right :)

No point targeting Mr Thomas either though, what you going to do target everyone who is ignorant or with a negative disposition.

No point targeting Mr Thomas either though, what you going to do target everyone who is ignorant or with a negative disposition.

beeing ignoran for a journaliste that write about something is IMHO very bad...so yes , i understand some people want to tag him...

Article have to be vulgarisation , so i do understand when some journaliste make shorcut or not exact explication about something.

but , taking some piece of sentence here or there , dont get any real information and yet make an article to say BS about something , i can not really call that journalism...

Back