Buzz Lightyear in the news in the UK :)

Metro is a free paper here in the UK, available to all commuters on public transport... busses, trains, and handed out in the street.
Its is possibly the most read daily newspaper in the UK.
There's a good chance the best part of 1-4 million people may read, or glance at this article today. :wtg:

Metro is a free paper here in the UK, available to all commuters on public transport... busses, trains, and handed out in the street.
Its is possibly the most read daily newspaper in the UK.
There's a good chance the best part of 1-4 million people may read, or glance at this article today. :wtg:

is it really in the newspaper or only on their website ?
and metrofrance.com doesn't speak about it :(

The metro paper is awash with reactionary bullshit that will get people talking on their commute.

The chatterers will be talking about it, the ill informed will dismiss it and as a result we will get some people with curiosity joining.

The reason I am here is because of the CND sale. A friend gave me the link to the BBC article about ND spending $100,000.

He was bemused and berated the article. I was intrigued and am still here 4.5 years later.

This article is an insult to Buzz and an insult to this community, as far as I'm concerned.

Journalism doesn't have the same freedom as it used to have, and direct insults as this can be brought to court if Buzz wants to. And such a procedure would generate more attention then Mr Thomas will ever can writing shit reports like this.

He's probably of the blokes who failed with his avatar and is now on a revenge streak.

Shame on u !!

Ok he probably dont know a lot about the game but damn!! Go ask whatever dude in the street about it and more than 50% of the guys will say the same: That much money for virtual goods is stupid. Especialy now, especialy in England where its realy difficult atm to work or keep a job.

Just unplug ur head outa the school and look at the REAL workers in the street, look into their eyes and say that EU is a marvelous place ...

So ye, u have the right to not agree whith him, even replying on the website (in a correct way) but u dont have the right to ruin him or his work or being intrusive in his life via his @mail or contacting his boss or whatever ... thats a shame acting like Hyena. It show u as twisted and dangerous community.

U guys are realy weirdo sometimes :mad:

I want just say to the "Computer games writer Andrew Thomas" to put the same amount of £ in any bank of Italy (and I guess that's the same in most of countries) and try to get the 200% back after 2 years or even 10 years.
EU big investments in land areas are better in revenue and safer than sell drugs :yay:

That andrew guy has truly proved nothing but what an uninformed idiot he is.

Every other largescale, highly publicised investment on this platform has paid off (several times over), so I am sure the same will work for Buzz.

What about the banks?

It was this very same Paper if you can call it that. That got me playing years ago when ND bought CND so i would say its a good thing. It could bring in more players. ;)

The metro paper is awash with reactionary bullshit that will get people talking on their commute.

The chatterers will be talking about it, the ill informed will dismiss it and as a result we will get some people with curiosity joining.

The reason I am here is because of the CND sale. A friend gave me the link to the BBC article about ND spending $100,000.

He was bemused and berated the article. I was intrigued and am still here 4.5 years later.

This sounds very similar to my story except I didn't read a BBC article but in the Metro - yes the exact same paper that has todays article covered CND sale. Which got me intrigued and here I am ;)

I'd just say to the extended guides get ready for some serious typing :)

Ok he probably dont know a lot about the game but damn!! Go ask whatever dude in the street about it and more than 50% of the guys will say the same: That much money for virtual goods is stupid. Especialy now, especialy in England where its realy difficult atm to work or keep a job.

Maybe, but there is a difference between a "dude on the street" and a "professional"... :scratch2:

Writing an article, you should have as good information as possible on the subject, not insult the person you are writing about, and not take a side so clearly, right?

Right, Andrew Thomas's remarks are libellous and are answerable in court. That is, if Buzz decides to bring a case against him.

Maybe, but there is a difference between a "dude on the street" and a "professional"... :scratch2:

Writing an article, you should have as good information as possible on the subject, not insult the person you are writing about, and not take a side so clearly, right?

In democratie every body say what they want to say and take the side they want to take, as far as I know. And I dont see real "insults" toward buzz ...
I dont know if he is a pro or not, this is not our fucking problem. There is no way of defamation in his article, this is just a big critic.

Anyway u are quick to jump on the critisim throat and as far as I know EU is realy criticable.

Im out of this thread, it stink the hiena over here:rolleyes:

Shame on u !!

Just unplug ur head outa the school and look at the REAL workers in the street, look into their eyes and say that EU is a marvelous place ...

So ye, u have the right to not agree whith him, even replying on the website (in a correct way) but u dont have the right to ruin him or his work or being intrusive in his life via his @mail or contacting his boss or whatever ... thats a shame acting like Hyena. It show u as twisted and dangerous community.

U guys are realy weirdo sometimes :mad:

Actually, he should be held accountable for what he writes. You may not realize this, but most people believe what the news media tells them. If it's in the news, it must be true (way too many people subscribe to this). The reporter could have done just a little homework and found out that other virtual investments in Entropia have been successful. This is just another example of the media printing their "opinions" instead of investigating things. In this case, he should reap what he sows. He should be held accountable.

In democratie every body say what they want to say and take the side they want to take, as far as I know. And I dont see real "insults" toward buzz ...
I dont know if he is a pro or not, this is not our fucking problem. There is no way of defamation in his article, this is just a big critic.
Apart from Mr Thomas making insinuations about Buzz's mental state by mentioning "his carer" and language like "possibly sedated."

BTW, in a democracy you can't just say (or write) what you want. That's why people end up fighting deformation and libel cases in court.

On your earlier post, Hulyss, you said that 50% of people on the street would think purchasing virtual items was crazy. As a journalist, shouldn't people like Mr Thomas be educating those people on the street?

I should probably flick in, this article was in the prime location.

Page 3, full spread of the actual paper ;l)

Nice find :) Ty for sharing Bro :)

mr. mcguinness' article isn't that bad. he offers both sides and lets the reader decide which opinion to take.

however, mr. thomas' article is truly terrible and biased. all he did was take MA's press release and add a few sentences of his own clearly negative opinion.

from a journalist view point, the metro article is much better. however, neither of them utilize any first hand information. metro's article is derived from the tgdaily one, and tgdaily's (thomas') only uses the MA press release as source material.

a real journalist would have cited multpile sources and wrote an original article void of personal opinion. I guess there's not too many of those around these days.

I don't think it's right to beat on mr. mcguiness for what he wrote. the target should be mr. thomas - who writes for an organisation which is suppose to know what it's talking about. however, randomly picking another of his arctiles, it seems he doesn't like very much and prefers complaining.

thomas' review of avatar.

whether he's correct in his assessment or not isn't that important. it's really his condecending tone and patronizing demeanor.

Right, Andrew Thomas's remarks are libellous and are answerable in court. That is, if Buzz decides to bring a case against him.

Although, to be fair this has more to do with Britain's internationally embarrassing and disgraceful libel laws:

http://www.libelreform.org/
http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/index.php/site/project/333/
http://www.simonsingh.net/

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqVm-WmFzyU[/YOUTUBE]

The sensible thing to do is to merely leave a comment under the article on the Metro website as I did:

Jake Rogue said:
Clearly Andrew Thomas has no concept of what he is supposed to be writing about. I'd hardly call making a "bumper profit" an act of "stupidity".

What's great about Entropia Universe is that it's FREE to download and FREE to play (there's no monthly subscription fees).

It also has a unique Real Cash Economy, where 10 PED (Project Entropia Dollars) are equal to $1 USD, so one can actually earn money by playing which can be withdrawn directly into your real life bank account.

Jake Rogue, Leeds, UK, 29/1/2010 16:54

:cool:

Last edited:
I do not carre if people critise EU and say bad stuff about EU or MA , as long as they know about what they speak...But people who say BS based on total assumption piss me...
What piss me the most , is the relative stupidy of agument like " put money in virtual stuff , that guy is idiot"...
It not more idiot than buying a canvas for M and M of $...its just piece of paper with paint on it..and most of time , i could have done same good job when i was 5 years old...when i see a guy make a white square on a white canvas , selling that piece of art M of $...why not buy what ever virtual stuff for same money...and what about that guy who did pay big money to go in space...or bruniem(speling) sultant , of just play to exploid real tank...

like that one :wtg:

It's definitelly good that thx to Buzz EU attacted some media attention, but at the same time it's too bad that the author of the article doesnt even know the meaning of the words that he's using...

"A virtual bargain - only £200,000 for a non-existent building"

Crystal Palace does not exist??? If the only reason for such a belief is the fact that you cant touch it or see it in real life, then mr. McGuiness must admit that his employer paid him with non-existing money when he did a transfer to his account...

So there's a question: Who is stupid in this case? Buzz, who paid for "non-existing building" and (if he play it right) can be set up for the rest of his life, or McGuiness that shares his oppinion on the topic that he doesnt understand at all and uses words that he also does not understand???

The only use I found of such prejudiced and underinformed press oppinions is printing them and wiping my ass clean with them :laugh:

I agree with Hulyss. Handing over £200k to someone else with no paperwork whatsoever is nuts whether you play and understand this game or not.

Forrest :)

"A virtual bargain - only £200,000 for a non-existent building"

Crystal Palace does not exist??? If the only reason for such a belief is the fact that you cant touch it or see it in real life, then mr. McGuiness must admit that his employer paid him with non-existing money when he did a transfer to his account...

The point is that Buzz is in no way in control of the "existence" of CP. It is rather like owning a house, letting it out, being unable to take out buildings insurance, and having a small secretive third party control property prices. Most people would see this as a daft investment.

The point is that Buzz is in no way in control of the "existence" of CP. It is rather like owning a house, letting it out, being unable to take out buildings insurance, and having a small secretive third party control property prices. Most people would see this as a daft investment.

I agree that some ppl may think thats it's a risky business, but as Buzz said in the interview (there's a link somewhere on forum, but I'm too lazy to look for it now), it's one of the most secure investments now. Even during the world crisis EU and online gaming business was doing very good - all the customer needs is internet connection and some cash, so potential customers base is really wide. There will always be ppl that want to play mmorpg and have some cash to deposit, so it's really unlikely that MA will go bankrupt or something like this. And on the other hand the time needed to get back is much shorter than in case of all safe investments irl - of course you can get a bigger monthly % in some cases, but usually it's connected with pretty big risk. So I'd say that even if you dont have a full control on virtual stuff, it's safer that real stuff anyway ;)

Hah that writer cracks me up! As if *he* can make his money back on a home (virtual or otherwise) in 2 years AND STILL OWN THE HOME! :laugh:

"Computer games writer Andrew Thomas stated on tgdaily.com that the Canadian had 'proved you can put a price tag on stupidity'."

Shame that there isn't a price tag Mr Thomas can put on ignorance.

He has put a price on ignorance, his pitiful going no-where salary.

Back