Info: Calypso Land Deed ROI tracker

maybe a failsafe mechanism that kicks in when payout is a lot higher then normal? :yay:

According to Entropia Life we are looking at an extra million PED in hunting globals given this week.

Is this just for Calypso mobs or all mobs? I ask since Cyrene and Arkadia had (Cyrene is still having) some large events this month as well.

In regards to speculation of low CLD returns during Mayhem (as some have called it):

As a LA owner I have seen tax income spike occasionally across all lands even though the activity has not been higher than usual. There is clearly a mechanism in place that ensures that IF there is a hiccup in the system related to incomes, be it CLD, or land, it will be corrected. Fluidly I might add, all systems have hiccups but a "failsafe" as some have put it, is a sign that investors will be compensated accordingly even if there are issues with the mechanism temporarily.

Cheers

More than likely...

...the delay is related to EOY accounting issues and not anything to do with the game at all...

Brick

...the delay is related to EOY accounting issues and not anything to do with the game at all...

The payout is automatic on every monday at 01:00:00@MA, there's no need for manual accounting. And there weren't "EOY" delays in the previous years.

There was, iirc, one 'late' payment when staff were off sick.

I don't recall the date, but I recall wondering if at the time if one of the people away was the management person who signed off on the payout before it was released.

Someone would have to - I'd be very surprised indeed if payouts like these just happen without being checked and approved first.

------------------------------------

Payout due on 2 Jan 2012 was not paid until 3 Jan 2012. (posts #115-120 of this thread)

Last edited:
More likely it's a christmas/new year holiday issue, someone is not at the office.

after they deducted the new yearly administration fee, nothing was left to distribute...

Because of all withdraws, they decided to use CLD revenue to cover this! Plain and simple, don't whine! No problem guys, next week you get your 3ped/deed

What things are special about this payout?

The payout is automatic on every monday at 01:00:00@MA, there's no need for manual accounting. And there weren't "EOY" delays in the previous years.

EOY and Merry Mayhem midst...52 payouts so ~2% this is random by chance...so either related to:

1) EOY accounting - there would be some real probability that EOY payout is 'trued' up in last payment
2) Merry Mayhem or event problem
3) random chance(locked the keys in the building)
4) The sky is falling and other conspiracy theories...

in that order...regardless of previous years...this is only the 2 full EOY payout so they are still learning things about it guaranteed.

Brick

Because of all withdraws, they decided to use CLD revenue to cover this! Plain and simple, don't whine! No problem guys, next week you get your 3ped/deed

What witdrawals ? People are waiting 3 months here to just put their requests from pending to commited and nothing is happening !

Banned on the Run

Perhaps there is a delay because of the nature of the uber item sales - a calculation will have to be introduced to separate MA's income from the total generated less the 'banned' players cut.

unless i've missed a few days, its still 2013 so its not anything to do with end of year. clucthing at straws. its another cock up or a coverup.

unless i've missed a few days, its still 2013 so its not anything to do with end of year. clucthing at straws. its another cock up or a coverup.

I hope MA makes a statement regarding this soon. I looked at the history for my deeds and none of them ever occurred after 0100. But I have only had deeds for about a year or so. When I logged in at 0115 and saw 0.00 balance in my PED flow center I thought somehow I had been hacked and lost my CLDs, but I have a Gold Card and there they were sitting in my storage.

Maybe its the millenia bug, but a little late :D

Perhaps there is a delay because of the nature of the uber item sales - a calculation will have to be introduced to separate MA's income from the total generated less the 'banned' players cut.

Occam's razor

If you dont understand what accounting tricks...

...companies use at the end of the year I cannot help you...try not to describe logical reasoning as 'clutching at straws' if you dont understand business accounting(and the way you've worded your statement would suggest you dont)...do you also think the gods are throwing fireballs from the sky when meteors fall to Earth? or do you apply logical processes?...and by logical reasoning I certainly dont contend that my assertion is correct merely logically deduced...

2 reasonable possibilities associated with EOY accounting:

1) EOY 'truing up'
2) Deferred expense - wont be surprised if payout is made 0100 1/1/2014 if this is the case

#2 is reasonable too in the midst of MM if payout is 5ped or more per CLD then payout is ~300k ped and 30k USD payout...so a deferred payout could significantly improve EOY profit/loss for MA(unfortunately)

Does anyone have anything intelligent to say? This is retarded as a conspiracy thread for the ignorant....

THANK YOU SKAFFEN for presenting a logical reason for aberration...very possible indeed!

Brick

What witdrawals ? People are waiting 3 months here to just put their requests from pending to commited and nothing is happening !

Finaly you understand the delay...

...companies use at the end of the year I cannot help you...try not to describe logical reasoning as 'clutching at straws'

but its not logical, its speculative at best. the year hasnt ended, why on earth would a payment made in arrears since day one now calculate forward? if it is to defer for accountcy, then that would have been notified in advance, shirley?

then strakken comes along with a sensible suggestion.

Speculation and Logic are not mutually exclusive...

but its not logical, its speculative at best. the year hasnt ended, why on earth would a payment made in arrears since day one now calculate forward? if it is to defer for accountcy, then that would have been notified in advance, shirley?

then strakken comes along with a sensible suggestion.

...so YOUR statement is not logical from its inception...speculation can be fantastical(e.g. conspiratorial) or based in reality...and Im not saying its a sign of a good thing if my logical speculation is in fact the truth it could actually be a sign of serious problems but I doubt it...but they would alter a payment 'historically made in arrears' and simply pay it in arrears 3 days later because it is advantageous to EOY P/L results...i.e. it goes on 2014 statement when they may very well be planning to be profitable and improve 2013 numbers by offsetting an expense to 2014...sometimes understanding a business' perspective on accounting practices is difficult when viewed from outside...im not sure your thot on forward calculations is lucid...i missed Shirley's comments sorry cant comment on that either...:D

Brick

Last edited:
I like it how some people here think the fiscal year in Sweden is not the end of the calendar year. In fact, most companies in Sweden have their fiscal year coincide with the calendar year.

So yes, this could be a EOFY problem, but most likely it's them keeping the revenues inside until after the end of the financial year so that they have better numbers for the board of investors.

...applicability...or was that just intermission? :laugh:

Brick
We now pause for these words from our sponsor!
:yup:This is EU without bugs! :D

Lots of wild theories here.

Let's at least get rid of the 'to make their end of year accounts look better'

CLD payment does not affect their revenue or expenses for external accounting - such as end of year financial reports to investors or taxation.

For those purposes, Net sales is measured by player deposits and withdrawals.
An internal accounting mechanism such as CLD payments to players mostly affects the 'contingent liabilities' item - a non-balance sheet item.

If there's still a CLD payment due, it's most likely that is needs to be 'checked first' before being humanly triggered. Hey it is the holiday season.

Hey; If it was my business I would've triggered it, so I'm not defending late payment, but I'm not Swedish either. So there's obviously some culture difference with how different countries manage there businesses.

I'm sure it's frustrating, hang in there.

Rick

Back